Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841227 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1020 on: April 29, 2015, 05:35:08 PM »
also gender-neutral pronouns please!!

May I have some clarification on this, as in you'd prefer they over she when referencing Karri in the dossier, correct?

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1021 on: April 29, 2015, 06:02:43 PM »
Mélusine I'd be glad to beta-read if you would like another reader! :3
Thank, and Noodly too, it's very nice to you :) My day became very busy and tomorrow may be the same, but I hope I can find some time to read myself a last time before sending it.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1022 on: April 29, 2015, 06:08:46 PM »

May I have some clarification on this, as in you'd prefer they over she when referencing Karri in the dossier, correct?

Yes, sorry for any confusion. I still need to go back and change pronouns in all my past posts to they/them/their (initially I had they/them, but then I chickened out and just put female ones on here because I didn't know how accepting this forum was at that point :P)
YEET

Solokov

« Reply #1023 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »
I'll see what I can do to fit that request. Since the dossiers would be based off official documentation I'm thinking that it's written with gender specific pronouns, and then edited by someone other than the skald who initially wrote the dossier (basically distinctly different font with the original pronouns crossed out) to insert gender neutral language.

Will that work?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1024 on: April 29, 2015, 06:53:21 PM »
I'll see what I can do to fit that request. Since the dossiers would be based off official documentation I'm thinking that it's written with gender specific pronouns, and then edited by someone other than the skald who initially wrote the dossier (basically distinctly different font with the original pronouns crossed out) to insert gender neutral language.

Will that work?

hhh I'm sorry but I'd really rather have the gender-neutral pronouns if it's not too much trouble? If you're uncomfortable with it, you don't have to make the dossier :0 I'm just. really not comfortable /w girl these days ahaha i'm so sorry
YEET

Solokov

« Reply #1025 on: April 29, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
I'll think on it some more.

While I want to respect your request (not uncomfortable with it, mostly uncomfortable with not being able to meet the request), at the same time I'm trying to keep a similar theme of the skald having used files from official sources for the basic dossier in blue ink, and then asked people that knew them for details resulting in the red notes, which is why I was thinking a compromise where the dossier was done standard and then Karri got a'hold of it and did some editing.

Not sure where to go though since that idea got shot down.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1026 on: April 29, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »
While I want to respect your request (not uncomfortable with it, mostly uncomfortable with not being able to meet the request), at the same time I'm trying to keep a similar theme of the skald having used files from official sources for the basic dossier in blue ink, and then asked people that knew them for details resulting in the red notes, which is why I was thinking a compromise where the dossier was done standard and then Karri got a'hold of it and did some editing.

OHHHhhh!! I'm sorry, that would be totally fine! I didn't understand the first question :) Sorry for the conflict.
also, just a random character note, Karri would probably write in royal purple pen 8)
YEET

Solokov

« Reply #1027 on: April 29, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »
Additionally I'll fire off a copy of Karri's dossier to you over a pm for overview beforehand.

Also any particular way they might respond to a camera?

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1028 on: April 29, 2015, 09:13:03 PM »
Additionally I'll fire off a copy of Karri's dossier to you over a pm for overview beforehand.

Also any particular way they might respond to a camera?

Thank you! And very wide smile, probably some dumb hand gesture, like the peace/victory sign in my icon or 'framing' their face or idk whatever that rock on gesture is? Camera's don't scare them and they are. very enthusiastic ahahaha (in other notes, what even is the face that model is making in that picture)
YEET

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1029 on: April 30, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »
I'm so sorry it took so long, but here at last is my side of the art trade with DancingRanger (not gonna lie, I may have freaked myself out drawing the boar-beast) Hope you like it!

There are THINGS which I want to say about the picture and story behind, but I'll leave it under a spoiler so that people will only have to read it if they want to ^_^

Spoiler: show

HAHAHA, you clicked the spoiler poor, unsuspecting fools and now are subject to terrible ranting!!!
*ahem*
So yeah, Matthew/Sequyah was trained in both Icelandic and Finnish mage-iness, and since there was already a picture looking at the Icelandic side I figured this one may as well explore the more Finnish/spirit-y kind of magic. The outfit is actually a combo of two posted pictures, with the face paint, feathers and medicine wheel taken from the Cherokee based picture and added to the scouting outfit.

So Matthew/Sequyah was out scouting when he encounters a boar-beast which takes notice of him (It may not look like it, but the monster thing was an attempt at twisting up and mangling a wild boar skeleton, only it doesn't really hold enough resemblance now to be able to tell :( ). Anyway, standing still and staying silent probably won't work at this point so he runs away. He asks for help from the spirits of the forest to slow down the beast *insert awesome chant/runo here*, which are represented by the strange person-ish figure in the left-most tree as well as some vague face-ish shapes in the other trees. They wake up, and extend branches to make it more difficult for the beast to pass. Matthew/Sequyah also creates a wind, using the sparrow-spirit as a medium for his power (at least I'm guessing that's what the bird spirit in the original picture was). Wind would probably happen a few seconds after this picture I guess…. I'm basically thinking that while Lalli's magic is cat-shaped, other mages may have other shapes. May be proved wrong however, but meh.
For anyone worried, he manages to get away this time, but the boar beast is still roaming and hungry, and doesn't like the fact that someone managed to escape...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:56:23 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1030 on: April 30, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
Iaaaarrrgh, I missed all the fun agaaaaain.

Gwenno, It's gorgeous! The picture itself is really beautiful but your comment makes it even more interesting. Oh, I love watercolour paintings soooo much!

Unlos, pffffahahahahahahaha I just... I can't... ahahahaha

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1031 on: April 30, 2015, 12:45:43 PM »
The karri has been on the oven for a while (I said I would draw them but the struggle has been real) and I think it's done. I wanted to do an experiment so there's actually two versions of the same picture, monotone and the same old paintaroo.

(Picture 1 full size)
(Picture 2 full size)

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1032 on: April 30, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »
The karri has been on the oven for a while (I said I would draw them but the struggle has been real) and I think it's done. I wanted to do an experiment so there's actually two versions of the same picture, monotone and the same old paintaroo.

(Picture 1 full size)
(Picture 2 full size)

This looks amazing!!!  ;D Thank you so much!!! I love this so much hhh
The monotone looks really good and so does the color and?? I'm so happy oh my gosh how do word this is so wonderful
YEET

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #1033 on: April 30, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »
I'm so sorry it took so long, but here at last is my side of the art trade with DancingRanger (not gonna lie, I may have freaked myself out drawing the boar-beast) Hope you like it!

There are THINGS which I want to say about the picture and story behind, but I'll leave it under a spoiler so that people will only have to read it if they want to ^_^

Spoiler: show

HAHAHA, you clicked the spoiler poor, unsuspecting fools and now are subject to terrible ranting!!!
*ahem*
So yeah, Matthew/Sequyah was trained in both Icelandic and Finnish mage-iness, and since there was already a picture looking at the Icelandic side I figured this one may as well explore the more Finnish/spirit-y kind of magic. The outfit is actually a combo of two posted pictures, with the face paint, feathers and medicine wheel taken from the Cherokee based picture and added to the scouting outfit.

So Matthew/Sequyah was out scouting when he encounters a boar-beast which takes notice of him (It may not look like it, but the monster thing was an attempt at twisting up and mangling a wild boar skeleton, only it doesn't really hold enough resemblance now to be able to tell :( ). Anyway, standing still and staying silent probably won't work at this point so he runs away. He asks for help from the spirits of the forest to slow down the beast *insert awesome chant/runo here*, which are represented by the strange person-ish figure in the left-most tree as well as some vague face-ish shapes in the other trees. They wake up, and extend branches to make it more difficult for the beast to pass. Matthew/Sequyah also creates a wind, using the sparrow-spirit as a medium for his power (at least I'm guessing that's what the bird spirit in the original picture was). Wind would probably happen a few seconds after this picture I guess…. I'm basically thinking that while Lalli's magic is cat-shaped, other mages may have other shapes. May be proved wrong however, but meh.
For anyone worried, he manages to get away this time, but the boar beast is still roaming and hungry, and doesn't like the fact that someone managed to escape...

This is awesome Gwenno! The bird was kinda a random doodle, but I'm glad you thought of adding it. Thanks a lot!

On another note I'm planning the next Ficlett this one is story-telling, fire is involved, as well as a bit of 'magic'. Anyone interested?
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1034 on: April 30, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
The karri has been on the oven for a while
hee hee food puns
....... but what a good draw!! Karri looks adorably fierce, and wow that flamethrower

Gwenno: that is really good!!! I love the way you did the foresty setting and the creepy creatures

and ahahaha Unlos that is really great omg

you'll know where to find me.