Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841781 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #810 on: April 23, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
They don't turn. You have a baseline hazel colour. They will look blue or green depending on the intensity of the light, angle, and what you are wearing.

For instance - I have pale green eyes with an gold-brown inner ring. I tend to favour cool and earthy colour tones in clothing so most people see either green eyes or grey depending on the combinations. From afar, though, they usually cannot identify the colour.
It's exactly like this for me =) I have pale grey eyes with a dark blue/gray outer ring and a golden inner ring. Depending on what I wear they look either more grey/blue or more green :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #811 on: April 23, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »
Without further delay, here is my part of the art trade with the original Seidkid.

Somehow the picture ended up looking a lot like Rico from Attack on Titan.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:57:35 PM by Fimbulvarg »

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #812 on: April 23, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
Without further delay, here is my part of the art trade with the original Seidkid.

So badass! The pose looks really confident and that spell is gorgeous! Is it an actual runic pattern or something? :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #813 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:16 AM »
The more I see what all of you are doing here, the more I'm tempted to do something... But you're lucky, you'll never read what seems to become a short story introducing a character. In french.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #814 on: April 23, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
So badass! The pose looks really confident and that spell is gorgeous! Is it an actual runic pattern or something? :)

Thanks! I know nothing about runes, I just stole them from some pictures in the Art Museum thread and arranged them rather hapazardly. I tried to make it bigger but it became too dominant ("the spell's too powerful"!)

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #815 on: April 23, 2015, 11:57:25 AM »

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*clears throat* i mean. very good. i like it

(I LOVE IT)
((also rico's design is a+ so no complaints from me))
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #816 on: April 23, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »

That's brilliant how dare you! I love the colours, and that's a very Haiz-like pose too, reminds me of one of the photos with the cape... also though you say you don't know runes it still look like there'll be two different versions of ægishjámur (= strikes fear into anyone who might try to attack you) in there once it's done, so whatever this is aimed at is soon going to be pretty scared.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #817 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
and that's a very Haiz-like pose too, reminds me of one of the photos with the cape...
ACTUALLY

from an even earlier viking market

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #818 on: April 23, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

That looks soooo awesome!
I love how did you made the runes and the pose~

ACTUALLY

from an even earlier viking market

OMG I wanna go there
That outfit looks awesome!
Viking or viking-like dresses are awesome
all about vikings are awesome
and that bow uuuugh I want one so bad ;v;
ok I'll stahp now
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #819 on: April 23, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »
OMG I wanna go there
That outfit looks awesome!
Viking or viking-like dresses are awesome
all about vikings are awesome
and that bow uuuugh I want one so bad ;v;
Here's a list of viking markets being arranged in scandinavia this year, hee
(not in trondheim this year :/// but if it were I'd be there as an archery instructor)
also thanks, i had to sew the outfit myself......... you can't see how wonky it is on pictures...........
*hugs bow* mine
(it's not even an accurate viking bow. it's a hungarian horsebow, vikings used longbows)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:00:18 PM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #820 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05:11 PM »
*clears throat* i mean. very good. i like it

(I LOVE IT)

Alright then! Glad we could do this~

how dare you!

I love the colours, and that's a very Haiz-like pose too, reminds me of one of the photos with the cape... also though you say you don't know runes it still look like there'll be two different versions of ægishjámur (= strikes fear into anyone who might try to attack you) in there once it's done, so whatever this is aimed at is soon going to be pretty scared.

E he, Sorry *fingers crossed behind back*

Maybe it would be a great prank spell ("Myahaha, your face looks totally scared!")

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #821 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
Here's a list of viking markets being arranged in scandinavia this year, hee
(not in trondheim this year :/// but if it were I'd be there as an archery instructor)
also thanks, i had to sew the outfit myself......... you can't see how wonky it is on pictures...........
*hugs bow* mine
(it's not even an accurate viking bow. it's a hungarian horsebow, vikings used longbows)

TFW when you can understand a lil' bit of Norwegian- I want a viking market here in Spain ;v; but eh, at least today is Catalonia's day (Sant George or Sant Jordi) and we have some mediaval things hehe
Nah, it looks well :3c
nuh It's mine ;^; (Hehe I don't care, I want it-)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #822 on: April 23, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »

...annnd onward! These two are just killing time, quite possibly in a deliberate attempt at neglecting their responsibilities. Btw my sincerest apologies to Noodly Appendage for kind of sort of using her idea of Frenci up a tree. Bigger version of the pic can be found here.

The other one is Tabeabd, whose character (unlike Frenci's) cannot climb trees very well. I think she used the words "absolutely helpless" when I asked.  ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #823 on: April 23, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »

...annnd onward! These two are just killing time, quite possibly in a deliberate attempt at neglecting their responsibilities. Btw my sincerest apologies to Noodly Appendage for kind of sort of using her idea of Frenci up a tree. Bigger version of the pic can be found here.

The other one is Tabeabd, whose character (unlike Frenci's) cannot climb trees very well. I think she used the words "absolutely helpless" when I asked.  ;D

Arr, that's so amazing *shakes fist at Laufey*. The tree, the leafs, the two of them - everything! How dare you!

I guess practicing tree-climbing is a useful excercise if you'd rather stay out of the beasts' reach (?).

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #824 on: April 23, 2015, 06:05:14 PM »

oooh goooooshhhhhhhhh
oh gosh oh gosh
lOOK AT THE TREEEee
and the poses are so great
and the colours
gosh