Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843230 times)

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #780 on: April 22, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »
I feel like a while ago someone asked if my profile pic was my Self Insert/SSSSona/OC or something and I said it wasn't.
  ??? eheheh well I obviously wasn't paying attention, and I apologize because yes my profile pic is in fact supposed to look like my Self Insert/SSSSona/OC or something.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:15:27 PM by SolarPoweredGirl »

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #781 on: April 22, 2015, 12:17:49 PM »
Oh! Forgot to mention - I would love to do some more art trades, so if anyone wants me to properly draw them and such, message me!

I can't straight away (got to finish Haiz, Curry / poor neglected responsibilities) but definitely at a later time, if you're interested.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #782 on: April 22, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
I can't straight away (got to finish Haiz, Curry / poor neglected responsibilities) but definitely at a later time, if you're interested.

Yeah absolutely! I have a couple others on my plate, so I won't be able to get around to it for a couple weeks anyway.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #783 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »
Whoop, I'm super happy with it!! I like the vivid colours and the dynamic pose! It radiates all that (misplaced?) confidence a hunter Odin's chosen warrior with a (golden) chainsaw would have! Maybe it could be the scene preceding Laufey's picture chronologically :P

You took me by surprise but I've nevertheless got good news: I hope to finish my part of the art trade by tomorrow night! I just need to redo some parts that I'd like to be better.

Aaaaahh I'm so glad you like it!! ESPECIALLY THE POSE BECAUSE
the amount of sketches i made to find a good pose

your oc can be glad they're fun to draw

also yayy EXCITEMENT OVER BEING DRAWN

Almond-Goddess: i have no words anymore. I'm. just gonna lie on the floor and stare on the roof for a bit

Gwenno: all art so far of Fimby's OC seems to have some makeshift composite weapon and I tried to keep the theme, but my creativity when it comes to makeshift weapons seems to die out after "attach a blade maybe", ahahah
(also it's PROBABLY not the last chainsaw I'll ever draw,, whenever i say im not gonna draw a thing I always, ALWAYS end up having to draw it several times shortly after. Nobody told me to draw a chainsaw, though. i just decided to and started to hate myself immediately after ahahahahaha ha ha)

ALSO BLANKET THANK U to everyone who commented!!!!

Piney: I might message you about art trade later maybe!!! (later being days/weeks probably)

you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #784 on: April 22, 2015, 02:20:39 PM »
Aaaaahh I'm so glad you like it!! ESPECIALLY THE POSE BECAUSE
the amount of sketches i made to find a good pose

Great! I love sketches! Sometimes almost as much as the finished work (mostly for the expressions/wacky poses)!  I can see you've been busy. Sadly I don't have any sketches to show myself.

Gwenno: all art so far of Fimby's OC seems to have some makeshift composite weapon and I tried to keep the theme, but my creativity when it comes to makeshift weapons seems to die out after "attach a blade maybe", ahahah

Maybe something like a flamethrower attachment (to tenderise the meat for the saw) could work? Then again that's not really sharp.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #785 on: April 22, 2015, 02:49:47 PM »
Great! I love sketches! Sometimes almost as much as the finished work (mostly for the expressions/wacky poses)!  I can see you've been busy. Sadly I don't have any sketches to show myself.

don't worry about not having any sketches,, it's like. every piece of paper that stays in my vicinity long enough (try a few seconds) WILL become covered in doodles, so I'm glad you like 'em

you'll know where to find me.

Silenter

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • So sorry.
« Reply #786 on: April 22, 2015, 04:52:14 PM »
Silenter: So cute! I really like what you did with the outfit! It fits in well with the canon outfits but feels original at the same time :D
Okay I know this is a late reply but:
Thanks! :) I didn't plan it out, just went and scribbled. xD I only remembered they had boots and some sort of belt, heh.
Half-crumbled I guess: :southkorea:
Main language: :usa:
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #787 on: April 22, 2015, 05:48:01 PM »
This did not turn out the way I was expecting, it's more vague, but still somber.

<snip>

Very nifty. I think this story came out well.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #788 on: April 22, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
ok i'm gonna FIGHT SOMETHING since 3 of you posted all at once just as i thought i was done D: quabus you will be included.... in the next batch. i am so sorry.

From left to right, because my handwriting is literally unintelligible here: Oh Deer, tabeabd, silenter, wildfire
Daéa, RealRedCloudYT
Elrew, KicknRun, princeofdoom, StellersJayC

You guys are all super adorable!! I love your character designs • v •  Keep it up!

Also, Haiz, that's so cool!! I hate drawing chainsaws as well but DANG YOU MADE IT LOOK GOOD what a cool draw omg

You drew me. And my hair! (No really I find my hair literally the biggest trouble ever and you drew it so well.)

*Adds curry to list of people to draw.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #789 on: April 22, 2015, 06:08:41 PM »
Piney: I might message you about art trade later maybe!!! (later being days/weeks probably)

Cool, I'll be busy enough with other requests that I won't get around to my half for a while anyway :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #790 on: April 22, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
This did not turn out the way I was expecting, it's more vague, but still somber.

-snipet-

Neat. I would like to point out Strelokov is not trigger happy, though the question of him being trigger happy could be brought up due to him being clearly new to the military, despite being experienced in surviving in the silent world, when I get these dossiers done (my sketch pencil wandered off I think it's in my truck) I'll be doing a short story a bit.

Anyway the rough ending moral of the story I'm working on is "it is the elder foxe's job to teach the younger kits how to remain quiet until the wolves and bears have passed by, and occasionally to lead the more inquisitive bears and wolves away from the den without making a fuss".

Edit: Also I didn't mean that as a jab btw, I feel I was a little unclear regarding Strelok's motivation and mental stuff. He doesn't exactly take losing a team member well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:14:59 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #791 on: April 22, 2015, 08:30:13 PM »
Despite Imgur's best efforts, I have my thank-you-art for Tabeabd and Frenci.

(I don't know why you're holding a sandwich, Frenci. It just ... happened.)
Also, all the things are preeeetty but I can't post about all of them so blanket compliments!
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #792 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:02 PM »
ok i'm gonna FIGHT SOMETHING since 3 of you posted all at once just as i thought i was done D: quabus you will be included.... in the next batch. i am so sorry.

From left to right, because my handwriting is literally unintelligible here: Oh Deer, tabeabd, silenter, wildfire
Daéa, RealRedCloudYT
Elrew, KicknRun, princeofdoom, StellersJayC

You guys are all super adorable!! I love your character designs • v •  Keep it up!
Oh my god. It's so cute! I'm sorry I'm late to say this but hours of standardized testing has really taken everything out of me! But anyway, that is an expression I wear way to often, and I have way to many adorable hair clips. But THANK YOU (now I must draw a return, as is my custom)
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #793 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:55 PM »
Very nifty. I think this story came out well.

Thanks, I'm working on more.

Neat. I would like to point out Strelokov is not trigger happy, though the question of him being trigger happy could be brought up due to him being clearly new to the military, despite being experienced in surviving in the silent world, when I get these dossiers done (my sketch pencil wandered off I think it's in my truck) I'll be doing a short story a bit.

Anyway the rough ending moral of the story I'm working on is "it is the elder foxe's job to teach the younger kits how to remain quiet until the wolves and bears have passed by, and occasionally to lead the more inquisitive bears and wolves away from the den without making a fuss".

Edit: Also I didn't mean that as a jab btw, I feel I was a little unclear regarding Strelok's motivation and mental stuff. He doesn't exactly take losing a team member well.
I'm still working on my writing. Especially depicting different characters than the ones I usually create. I'm still quite unsure with characters that fall way outside my normal perimeters. Strelokov is one of those outliers, I will do better in the future. ^-^ (I also need to write when I'm not in the dozy half-awake state I was when I wrote that one.)
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

BreezeLouise

« Reply #794 on: April 22, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
Right-o. Here ya go, Fimbulvarg!

There's a lot of things I want to discuss about this piece but...*flops into bed*

I'd just like to say that this is the first time in a long while that I've looked at a piece of art and said "wow" out loud without even thinking.
Life is a state of mind.