Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842845 times)

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #510 on: April 13, 2015, 12:51:48 AM »
I decided to color my attempt at Almond Godess' OC.

Oh gosh thank you! She looks so unabashedly happy here I love it!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #511 on: April 13, 2015, 01:02:38 AM »
Alrighty, I got a few things to post before turning in for the night! Firstly, Curry, here's my half of the trade! I was inspired by some watercolor artists I followed on Tumblr, and tried to experiment with a new coloring style... which ended up looking like my typical coloring style with a watercolor paper texture overlaid on top of it, haha

Next up, are some doodles I did during work of my falconer gal! I did some minor hairstyle and costume explorations on some spare post-it notes and lined paper.

Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #512 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:12 AM »
Seeing all these SSSS-sonas, I want to make one now. But there are so many things I'm not sure of, starting with where my character would be from since I'm in the US irl. But....

All these cute characters! They all look really well-thought out.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #513 on: April 13, 2015, 04:13:27 AM »
First, we have for Haiz, Helen as the magical mage cat

I'm a cat!!! ahahaha thanks this is so cool

Curry: yooooooooo that backstory
(I'm totally gonna pretend u befriended my mage the short time you were at my academy)

Almond-Goddess: you probably don't need to hear this but WOW THESE ARE GOOD

Ahhh it was fun looking through this thread! I love everyone's self-inserts :)

I did the thing!

welcome to the crew!!! your art is super neato and i like the official look of the character card, ha
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #514 on: April 13, 2015, 04:47:44 AM »

Whoa this looks so awesome! I think you did a great job of capturing the feeling of the comic :D

The coloring is so beautiful! =O I really like their facial expressions and the interaction you captured between the two mages!

Wow, you guys! All of these are brilliant! Now I'll come in with my weird, sketchy bobble heads.

Everyone is so cute! ^W^ AND IS THAT ME?? :D *Happy squealing*

A little Laufey Trollsona sketch I ended up making while listening to Game Grumps.

OMG this is glorious! ;D

WAIT DON'T SCROLL PAST THIS I KNOW THIS IS A LONG POST but just one more thing okay
here is an attempt at drawing Almondgodess' OC as a human not a cat

It's a successful attemt, no doubt! She looks really sweet :)

Welcome! Gosh everyone is turning out so cute and pretty!! :D I like how you made it look canon with the layout!

Alrighty, I got a few things to post before turning in for the night! Firstly, Curry, here's my half of the trade! I was inspired by some watercolor artists I followed on Tumblr, and tried to experiment with a new coloring style... which ended up looking like my typical coloring style with a watercolor paper texture overlaid on top of it, haha

I really like how the you did the colors! :)

I started doing thank-you-sketches for those who drew my ssssona! For Haiz and Curry:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:23:52 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #515 on: April 13, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »

This is beautiful!! I love the coloring so much (even if it does look similar to your normal style, it's stunning!) and I look so cute oh man I don't have enough words to describe how magnificent this is? What a gorgeous picture omg

Curry: yooooooooo that backstory
(I'm totally gonna pretend u befriended my mage the short time you were at my academy)
(yes obviously, let's do this. they probably lost touch after curry went to set things on fire [how good is post apocalyptic communication for civilians anyway) and then coincidentally being on the same team was like. the best surprise ever? yes obviously makes sense)

Seeing all these SSSS-sonas, I want to make one now. But there are so many things I'm not sure of, starting with where my character would be from since I'm in the US irl. But....

All these cute characters! They all look really well-thought out.
Ooh, you should make one! I'm also American but I took some Creative License and made myself a Norwegian cleanser because FLAMES and NOT EMIL

I started doing thank-you-sketches for those who drew my ssssona! For Haiz and Curry:

Ahh these are so pretty! I look so cute and your style is so lovely and clean :0 You got my SSSSona's crazy hair on point!

Also, as a kind of important note, I am going to continue doing headshots of everyone's OCs, but don't feel like you have to reciprocate or anything!! I don't want to make anybody feel like they have to do something they don't want to do and honestly I really enjoy drawing you guys because you are all adorable and really fun to draw. However if you *do* want to do an art trade, I can and would love to do more than just a quick shoulders-up doodle (see almond-goddess' art trade with me for about how much effort/detail I can put in) and just message me because I have a surprising amount of time on my hands • w •
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2015, 10:00:43 AM »

!!!!!!!!! NICE

(yes obviously, let's do this. they probably lost touch after curry went to set things on fire [how good is post apocalyptic communication for civilians anyway) and then coincidentally being on the same team was like. the best surprise ever? yes obviously makes sense)
(darn right it does)
((i like to think my magesona sends a lot of letters but cleansers probably move a lot around and can be hard to reach?? idk how cleansers work))

Also, as a kind of important note, I am going to continue doing headshots of everyone's OCs, but don't feel like you have to reciprocate or anything!! I don't want to make anybody feel like they have to do something they don't want to do and honestly I really enjoy drawing you guys because you are all adorable and really fun to draw. However if you *do* want to do an art trade, I can and would love to do more than just a quick shoulders-up doodle (see almond-goddess' art trade with me for about how much effort/detail I can put in) and just message me because I have a surprising amount of time on my hands • w •
and i second this statement!! also maybe message me about art trade so I know it's an art trade and not just someone doodling my magesona because I'm not entirely sure anymore^^"
(I however do and do not have a surprising amount of my hands, i just draw a lot anyway. woops)
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #517 on: April 13, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »
(darn right it does)
((i like to think my magesona sends a lot of letters but cleansers probably move a lot around and can be hard to reach?? idk how cleansers work))
i assume they move around a LOT in very uninhabited places without easy ways to communicate?? BUT since karri is literate letters are an option!! even if they're like, very small vocabulary, 'i blew up 3 more buildings today. got a cool thing that reminded me of you!! i don't know what it is here's a drawing' *rest of page is filled up by detailed sketch of yoyo*

and i second this statement!! also maybe message me about art trade so I know it's an art trade and not just someone doodling my magesona because I'm not entirely sure anymore^^"
(I however do and do not have a surprising amount of my hands, i just draw a lot anyway. woops)
ah yes!! also this about the messaging me about Real Art Trades. i'd love to put more detail into you guys' drawings but i just don't have THAT much time on my hands sadly plus there are lots of other things i'm working on (like comics 8))
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #518 on: April 13, 2015, 12:48:16 PM »
Oh wow! So much awesome OCs! Wonderful job guys! ^^
oh and, I'm new here so... if I act strange or shy is because i'm too nervous...
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #519 on: April 13, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
Well, I'm super late to the party. But you're all so adorable, guys, I wanna join you.
So.

Name: Marja Korhonen
Nationality: finn
Immunity: no

Her family comes from the Russian part of Karelia. They have preserved the traditions of the historic homeland; Marja likes to use Russian when she doesn't want to be understood by other people.
Marja is the fourth child in her family and she is much younger than her brother and sisters. While older children have inherited the character of their mother, calm and reasonable, Marja is the very image of her father, hyperactive and far from reality.
In addition, she is known for her clumsiness and an amazing ability to use every opportunity to get into trouble. With these personality traits it was difficult to find a job.
As a result, Marja has chosen not a very respectable occupation. She is a courier and she likes it. A lot of people to chat, a lot of free time to think about everything and no need to sit still all day .
And if someone from time to time gets a package that looks like a piece of garbage  - don't worry, there are worse things in the world.
Anyway, she is not so hopeless. Marja even has formulated several clever ideas. Like "To fall from the pier in the middle of November - it's funny and good for your health", "a bicycle without a wheel - it's still a bicycle" and "you never know, what a cat can do if it gets really angry."

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »
Oh, and I found a victim for my terrible experiments! Sunflower - I'm so sorry.
Sara Hållander (maybe a bit younger). And what's in her hands? The "Recovered Hearts" scenario, that's what!  And... a parrot-head umbrella? I think I've seen something similar... Somewhere. Well, okay.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #521 on: April 13, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
Oh, and I found a victim for my terrible experiments! Sunflower - I'm so sorry.
Sara Hållander (maybe a bit younger). And what's in her hands? The "Recovered Hearts" scenario, that's what!  And... a parrot-head umbrella? I think I've seen something similar... Somewhere. Well, okay.

Wow, everyone makes me look so much cuter (and younger and slimmer) than I really am.   :D Thanks for the beautiful picture, mad robin!
(In real life, I'm considerably more Tuuri-esque -- larger in both the bustline and hips/thighs.  But you gave me realistic-shaped feet for once, not Minna's tiny little doll feet -- which I appreciate!)

I adore your character.  Marja looks like she'd be *so much* fun to get a package from!  The drawings are pretty as well as great character exposition.  In the lower left, is she holding that steaming mug with prehensile feet?   ;)  I also like how she overturns the cliche TVTropes calls "No Bikes in the Apocalypse."  In the winter, does she use a kicksled or one of those other cool ice-scooter things?

Since her family has hung onto their Russian/Karelian heritage, does she have a Russian-style patronymic?  E.g. Marja Petrovna Korhonen?  (I'm sure I'm misremembering how to form a patronym from the Russian version of "Peter.")

Keep up the good work -- we love your visual storytelling!

Yours with gratitude,

Sunflower

P.S.  I can't draw in reply, but I can... uh... write you a runo for speedy delivery, to protect your bike's tires, or heal a scraped knee or something?
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #522 on: April 13, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »
@ Almond-goddess

A question for you - do you work with digital tools or is this actual paint on paper?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #523 on: April 13, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »
Hm... Looking this self-insert thing y I want to show myself OC too~ (IDK if the image Words or not and plus this picture was made of boredom-)

Yee' I made it xD Well,here is me uvu I hate my acne

Name: Galatea Kierkegaard (not my subname XD)
Nationality: Danish
Birth Area: Bække
Immunity: Yes
Professions: Vet, Explorer
Languages: Danish, Norwegian
Info: Since She was young, She wanted to be an Explorer and Help the nature, She wanted to see a troll too and take care of One but now She knows that Trolls, gigants and other big things are bad.
Extras: -afraid of Cattanks
-Has glasses Since She was 6
-Her descendents were Spanish people.
-understands Spanish, Icelandic and Finnish very good
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:33:48 PM by RealRedCloudYT »
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #524 on: April 13, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »
Thank you, Sunflower! :D A runo like this is really useful for her. Actually, it's her only chance.

Honestly, holding mugs with feet it's not a good idea. I learned this from my personal experience. Marja will learn this soon.
A kicksled is the best thing in the whole world. Especially for such neat and responsible girls like Marja. So many options to kill yourself. I learned this from my personal experience. So - yeeeeeeeeees!
I'll let her live without her patronym. Because in real life, when my mother calls me Maria Alexandrovna instead of regular Masha or Marja it means "You did something really terrible, young lady, and now run, run as fast as you can!" Bad associations you know :D