Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843257 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2015, 03:17:39 PM »
Ooooh, Oliga those are some nice pictures you're making, I like the mixing of your style and the original styles and of course just the general inky-ness of them (heheh, inks are pretty :P )

Curry, I hardly need to say that those are some wonderful sketches, but I'll say it anyway "What wonderful sketches you've drawn!". I wish I could drawn hair half as well as you, you just seem to understand how it works and it looks so natural!

As for art trades I would be more than up for this! I'm drawing something at the moment, but aren't too fussed about the SSSSonas involved trading because I really just did it for fun ^_^ (This picture may take a while to emerge because I'm kinda phenomenally slow at drawing, same thing goes for art trades as it usually takes AGES for me to get anything finished :-\ )
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2015, 04:06:45 PM »
Piney (sorry if something wrong with your haircut) and Cheesecake

DancingRanger, cute sketch dump! And Curri, your portraits are pretty as usual ;)

Ahh! My face is perfect! That's some impressive magic right there.
I don't have bangs, just a couple rogue strands of hair that are too short to tuck behind my ear and often fall into my face. I still love it though! ;D
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2015, 04:42:17 PM »
okay so I should PROBABLY talk to people before actually doing art trades
but I did a little-more-effort draw of Almond-Goddess' falconer OC!!

sorry for the weird pose idk where that came from hahahaaha

THIS WAS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN, so if anyone else wants an Actual Effort Drawing of your self inserts instead of a wonky inky headshot,, I'm definitely open for more art trades!! and if you're not a drawing type of person I guess there are other ways to bribe me?? i can also do it in other styles if you want to!!

I'd really love to draw every single one of you like this, but it keeps getting less and less realistic of me to think I can do that out of nowhere, ahah ha............ i'm still gonna make more headshots in the Far Future though
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:47:13 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Oliga

« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »
Yeah, my hair is a little past my shoulders actually. (haven't had my hair that short in at least ten years) But face-wise, it looks more like me than the other two drawings of me :)
oh, sorry( collar hides your hair...
Ooooh, Oliga those are some nice pictures you're making, I like the mixing of your style and the original styles and of course just the general inky-ness of them (heheh, inks are pretty :P )
Thank you ^///^
Ahh! My face is perfect! That's some impressive magic right there.
I don't have bangs, just a couple rogue strands of hair that are too short to tuck behind my ear and often fall into my face. I still love it though! ;D
Oooh, I'm sorry! Now you should make a bang
Haircuts is my truly weakness... Or I'm just so unobservant .___.

WOW HAIZ IT'S AMAZING

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #394 on: April 06, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »
WOW HAIZ IT'S AMAZING
aaaaaa thANK YOU!!!!

........ if i expect people to draw me maybe I should make an overview of my mage outfit, since it's kinda hidden by the capecoat in my pic.... is that a thing I should do?

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #395 on: April 06, 2015, 05:14:23 PM »
aaaaaa thANK YOU!!!!

........ if i expect people to draw me maybe I should make an overview of my mage outfit, since it's kinda hidden by the capecoat in my pic.... is that a thing I should do?

That'd be cool. Since I'm sure you wouldn't wear your coat all the time. ^_^
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #396 on: April 06, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »
oh, sorry( collar hides your hair...

Yeah, I understand. If you zoomed in on my picture really closely, I did put a little spot of brown next to my neck to show that my hair was longer, but it's not like I was expecting people to notice it...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #397 on: April 06, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
Wow, I was REALLY BEHIND in drawing you people. I expected to have to do like, 4, but hot dang there were 10 new OCs :0

Your names are next to your heads! OCs featured are Fimbulvarg to now.
Sunflower, I redrew you because I got your first drawing kind of inaccurate and also really small :3

Daaang, this is so good! You have such an amazing style, it's so personal and expressive~
The only thing is the picture is a bit blurry up top and, being extremely bad with cursives, I can't really decipher parts of your handwriting.

Well, l rarely answer to comments (broken english, you know) but I'm really happy when someone complimented my arts ;_;
oh, but I have nothing but the highest praise for your art and style and your English is just fine.

So, I decided that art trades– a drawing of your character in exchange for a drawing of mine– would be a good solution to this. Is anyone interested?
I'll see what I can do, though it must necessarily be highly underwhelming compared to your very professional style.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #398 on: April 06, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »
Ahh thank you to everyone!! You were all really fun to draw!

Gwenno: it has taken years of constantly drawing hair. Like, 5 years. No exaggerations there actually?? Wow I have been drawing for a while what is this

Daaang, this is so good! You have such an amazing style, it's so personal and expressive~
The only thing is the picture is a bit blurry up top and, being extremely bad with cursives, I can't really decipher parts of your handwriting.
HMM let's see what I can do as far as translations! (so sorry for crap picture my scanner hates both my computer and me, getting delight in not working)
to the left of your face it says "I like your hair + your chin" (useful curry commentary) and to the right of your face, you are saying "I'll gladly demonstrate my weapon's effectiveness on anybody who questions it". Hopefully that clears that up! If anybody else needs a translation (what is my handwriting even) I will gladly give one, unless even I can't tell what is happening ehe
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #399 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
well honestly i should go to bed now but
I did a super quick drawing of what my magesona looks like without hir cape. it's probably not less confusing than before, sorry.

- hir outfit is a mix of the icelandic mage outfit from the infopage on mages, and my own viking market outfits.

- i didn't put a lot of effort into the brooche detail, buuuuuuut here's an actual photo of brooches I own

- i also added some hairstyle drawings, because my hairstyle is like. let it grow until I can't handle it anymore and cut it short - repeat cycle. so there is no 'canon hairlength' except for never longer than shoulder length, and always fringe.

SO YEAH that is me, good night

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #400 on: April 07, 2015, 01:30:21 AM »
okay so I should PROBABLY talk to people before actually doing art trades
but I did a little-more-effort draw of Almond-Goddess' falconer OC!!

sorry for the weird pose idk where that came from hahahaaha

THIS WAS ACTUALLY REALLY FUN, so if anyone else wants an Actual Effort Drawing of your self inserts instead of a wonky inky headshot,, I'm definitely open for more art trades!! and if you're not a drawing type of person I guess there are other ways to bribe me?? i can also do it in other styles if you want to!!

I'd really love to draw every single one of you like this, but it keeps getting less and less realistic of me to think I can do that out of nowhere, ahah ha............ i'm still gonna make more headshots in the Far Future though

AHHH Haiz this is beautiful and it really captures her character!! Thank you so much for drawing this! <3
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #401 on: April 07, 2015, 01:33:08 AM »
Wow, I was REALLY BEHIND in drawing you people. I expected to have to do like, 4, but hot dang there were 10 new OCs :0

Sunflower, I redrew you because I got your first drawing kind of inaccurate and also really small :3

EEee, I almost missed my character at the bottom! She looks remarkably like me, which is a good thing because her facial structure is heavily referenced from mine. :D

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #402 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:30 AM »
AHHH Haiz this is beautiful and it really captures her character!! Thank you so much for drawing this! <3

!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you like it!!!!!! And I'm relieved the pose actually fits her ahaha ha
you're welcome!!

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #403 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
Some warm-up marker sketches for the three art trades I'm currently working on.

Helen for Haiz

Sonja for Noodly

And finally Karri for Curry

AquaAquarion, Ruth, Piney, and Sigrid, to my understanding, you're also also interested in art trade, but are too busy at the moment. PM me when this changes! (:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 02:13:32 AM by Almond-Goddess »

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #404 on: April 07, 2015, 02:18:07 AM »

*Gets really confused for a moment because Frenci's hair looks excactly like her own* XD

Really, though. Curry, these are AWESOME. YOU are AWESOME. I love your art style it's really cute and pretty wow

AquaAquarion, Ruth, Piney, and Sigrid, to my understanding, you're also also interested in art trade, but are too busy at the moment. PM me when this changes! (:

Will do!