Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842407 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #270 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:05 AM »
I could make a Google Drive later today and just make it open to all viewers so ~EVERYBODY~ would be able to see it. If that doesn't work for some people I'm open to suggestions for other platforms?
Yeah, that's the thing. For example, this is what we have in the RPG thread. If some of you cannot view that, please let us know.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #271 on: March 31, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »

Hunters: (3)
Sigrid Marie
Gwenno
Fimbulvarg

Kudos for sticking it all together, but you missed out on Ruth's awesome troll hunting/knitting persona, and we couldn't be missing her! (I'm trying to do a troll hunters pic now so seeing only three on the list resulted in a "haaaang on a sec" moment :P )
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2015, 01:14:43 PM »
you missed out on Ruth's awesome troll hunting/knitting persona
[Ponders whether Ása Harðardóttir used to be a nautical combat knitter who "promotired" to the position of a captain at sea as age took its toll]
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »
Kudos for sticking it all together, but you missed out on Ruth's awesome troll hunting/knitting persona, and we couldn't be missing her! (I'm trying to do a troll hunters pic now so seeing only three on the list resulted in a "haaaang on a sec" moment :P )

Thank you for reminding me!! It's fixed now. Heaven forbid we lose a hunter D: (and especially one who knits!)
YEET

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »
*turns up to party several days late with some sub-par sketches*
I debated posting these, since my art skills are *cough* ...interesting, but there we go. I'm wearing a weird rendition of Lalli's dream-sequence uniform, because it is friggin' amazing  :)
                                                            ---
[whatarehands.jpg]

---
Nationality: :sweden:
Immunity: Yes
Languages: :sweden:, :iceland:
Weapon: Moisin Nagant 28/30 rifle - heirloom from pre-rash times ((I know almost nothing about guns, but I heard that this one was once very popular amongst snipers in the Finnish army. Finnish marksman Simo Häyhä was famed for killing over 500 Soviet soldiers with this gun during the Winter War of WWII!))
- Well suited to her job due to love of time spent alone, and reservations against working directly with others. While kind at heart, people who are not close friends view her as 'a bit odd'.
- Constantly on the move and looking for new experiences.
- Has some skills with mage-craft, but lack of practice means that these are not of much use.
- Can be easily bribed with promises of pastries or other sweet foods, made even more effective when coffee is also offered!

((I looove everybody's contributions to this thread, they are all so imaginative and interesting, and the artwork is beautiful! I can only hope that this is not completely awful in comparison ;) )
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:47:11 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the very WIP information station. Only thing that is up-to-date is the list of professions (and yes it really is up-to-date, KauniitaUnia is even on there :p)
Speaking of which, that's a really pretty rendition of the uniform! I love your penwork.
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the very WIP information station. Only thing that is up-to-date is the list of professions (and yes it really is up-to-date, KauniitaUnia is even on there :p)
ahahaha wow
this is amazing
(am I a skald?? ....... maybe I am a skald)
((i laughed at accordion noises. also don't we have a stamp carver))

*turns up to party several days late with some sub-par sketches*
I debated posting these, since my art skills are *cough* ...interesting, but there we go. I'm wearing a weird rendition of Lalli's dream-sequence uniform, because it is friggin' amazing  :)
                                                            ---
[whatarehands.jpg]
Nationality: :sweden:
Languages: :sweden:, :iceland:
Weapon: Moisin Nagant 28/30 rifle - heirloom from pre-rash times ((I know almost nothing about guns, but I heard that this one was once very popular amongst snipers in the Finnish army. Finnish marksman Simo Häyhä was famed for killing over 500 Soviet soldiers with this gun during the Winter War of WWII!))
- Well suited to her job due to love of time spent alone, and reservations against working directly with others. While kind at heart, people who are not close friends view her as 'a bit odd'.
- Constantly on the move and looking for new experiences.
- Has some skills with mage-craft, but lack of practice means that these are not of much use.
- Can be easily bribed with promises of pastries or other sweet foods, made even more effective when coffee is also offered!
so cool!!!!! and why were you debating posting it it looks fantastic!!! also wow you know how to draw a rifle
(I hope nobody ever feels discouraged from posting your OC because you ALL deserve to be here!!! (and if you can't draw describe your SSSS-sona anyway, someone might draw it?))
(also aaa yes Simo Häyhä........ i kinda had a presentation about the winter war in 9th grade and did the whole shebang with newspaper front pages from the time and was all and sIMO DIDN'T EVEN DIE DURING THE WAR HE WAS SHOT IN THE JAW AND WOKE UP AFTER THE WAR WAS OVER HE LIVED TILL 2002 ACTUALLY and all that)

Sorry in advance for ruining the string of amazing art with something so halfassed.

Any Norwegian without a sharp knife or an axe (preferably mounted in innovatively ridiculous ways) is improperly dressed.

Nationality:.... Norwegian
Profession:.... Troll puncher
fantastic
I'm proud to be norwegian

you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2015, 05:11:23 PM »
ahahaha wow
this is amazing
(am I a skald?? ....... maybe I am a skald)
((i laughed at accordion noises. also don't we have a stamp carver))
People keep showing up and leaving but it shows you guys as random "anonymous animals" like anonymous koala, anonymous alligator, anonymous squid and it's very entertaining to imagine all these random animals parading past my window
(does "academic: mage" mean skald mage or just educated mage? i should clear that up)
((shhhHH yes we do. he was always there. definitely always there. shhhhhh))
YEET

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »
People keep showing up and leaving but it shows you guys as random "anonymous animals" like anonymous koala, anonymous alligator, anonymous squid and it's very entertaining to imagine all these random animals parading past my window
(does "academic: mage" mean skald mage or just educated mage? i should clear that up)
pffff. i'm the not-so-anonymous unicorn
....... I meant like mage at the academy of seiður, so educated mage is more accurate?? more mage-in-training to be perfectly honest. mage-that-keeps-staying-in-training-because-ze-is-too-afraid-of-having-responsibilities to be utterly completely perfectly honest
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:11 PM »
pffff. i'm the not-so-anonymous unicorn
....... I meant like mage at the academy of seiður, so educated mage is more accurate?? more mage-in-training to be perfectly honest. mage-that-keeps-staying-in-training-because-ze-is-too-afraid-of-having-responsibilities to be utterly completely perfectly honest
now it's an iguana, before it was a bat and a squid. what is even happening. am I underwater and in a non-submerged cave at the same time
That's perfect (and also I fixed your listings v_v )
YEET

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #280 on: March 31, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
Adorable picture! You could easily be the Mikkel of a team. Speaking of it, how do you feel about performing surgeries? Hopefully you brought the sharpest knife in the pantry. And a shovel maybe. A shovel is good for fending off the grosslings and it doubles as a spatula.
The buying pastries part might be harder to pull off (cf the bonus comic).
I'd be fine with surgeries :P maybe. Depends how complicated they are O__O but common sense should prevail! ;P I actually used to get told a lot that I should go into medicine, but I'm not very good with theory haha. However, if you need precision slices and stitches and splints and dressings then *nods*. I /suppose/ a lot of stuff I know could carry over into more serious first aid... Except pumpkin carving. O___O
And I'm totally fine with blood. Unless it's animal blood. That makes me sad.

A shovel does sound handy! Usually, I prefer to just whollop things but if there's something sharp and metal involved then that would be extra good, especially with grosslings and the like.

Hmmmm...the pastries.... Do I work for money or pastries... Choices...
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
« Reply #281 on: March 31, 2015, 05:39:33 PM »
Hmmmm...the pastries.... Do I work for money or pastries... Choices...

Well it depends. Which way gets you more pastries?
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #283 on: March 31, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

Speaking of which, that's a really pretty rendition of the uniform! I love your penwork.

so cool!!!!! and why were you debating posting it it looks fantastic!!! also wow you know how to draw a rifle
(I hope nobody ever feels discouraged from posting your OC because you ALL deserve to be here!!! (and if you can't draw describe your SSSS-sona anyway, someone might draw it?))
(also aaa yes Simo Häyhä........ i kinda had a presentation about the winter war in 9th grade and did the whole shebang with newspaper front pages from the time and was all and sIMO DIDN'T EVEN DIE DURING THE WAR HE WAS SHOT IN THE JAW AND WOKE UP AFTER THE WAR WAS OVER HE LIVED TILL 2002 ACTUALLY and all that)
fantastic

Awww thank you both!!! I am honestly so happy that you like it  :)

Simo Häyhä's story is pretty amazing, isn't it? It happened to be one of those random history facts that I had lying around in the cluttered mess that is my brain, so its weird but cool that I could somehow fit it into this context! I have a habit of spending hours researching interesting/odd things while procrastinating or bored, which is why I knew of that c:

Also the information station thingy looks great so far! It feels weird that I'm on something official-ish for this fanbase after just lurking around creepily for so long...

[EDIT: wait, am I allowed to use 'd*mn'? I don't know how strict the rules here are here, so I'll just remove it for now...]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:45:34 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #284 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:59 PM »
I'm ready to get myself in this!
Will I ever be able to draw in a single artistic style for at least 1 week?

nop

ame: Francesca (writing my name cos people in the comments of the comic already mistake me for a french guy... I'll probably not going to forget it anytime soon)
Nationality: Italian Swedish
Area of birth: Ostersund
Profession: Military, Cleanser Scout (preferably a night one, but work is work)
Languages: :italy: :sweden: :iceland:(understands but doesn't talk or write too well(probably just lack of practice))

- her ancestors were a geek italian couple, who in the exact moment people vith the rash-illnes started to bite randomly other people, said with an epic voice: "Our time has come" and then they run away as far away from italy as they could trying to convince family and friends to join as well. They then stopped around Ostersund and tried to preserve their culture
- sometimes uses latinisms that no one usually understands
- cat-like person
- curious person
- initially joined the cleaners because she is a pyromaniac at heart, but after 2 years understood that she was more interested in exploring, so then she decided to became a scaut.
- always wanted to see those far cyties her ancestors came frome and that her elder family members always talked about.
-very lightly astigmatic, but enought to be annoying. (usually doesn't wear her glasses becous she simply forgets)
- pretty forgetful
- thinks finnish is a very funny lenguage (there are a lot of finnish names/words that in italian saund just hilarious/weird, the quality of the false friends (?) between ths two lenguages is the best thing ever)

Edit: forgot some very important parts of my personality last night
- So sassy she can't control it
- Strong mentality of "I rather cry or make fun of it than cry or panic"
- her laughter sounds like a mixture of hiccups and a dying chiken

P.S. drawing mysel not-chibi and without partial cat-like feathures has been extremly difficoult.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 02:04:12 AM by frenci »
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway: