Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841336 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Insert Art
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2015, 02:36:37 AM »
I finished mine early!!

*ahem*

Clara “Piney” Bergström
Nationality: ……..Swede
Area of birth: ……..Svenstavik
Immunity: ……..Yes
Profession: ……..Military: Cleanser
Languages: :sweden: :iceland:

Everyone told her she shouldn’t join the military, so she joined the military. Those people were right, but she’ll get over her fear of fire eventually.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Cheesecake

• Don't think I didn't see what you did there
Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »
Couldn't help myself. All of the SSSSelf inserts are great! ;D
Lana Davidsen is a modified version of my name to sound more Nordic.

Nationality: Norwegian (Real me isn't)
Languages: Norwegian and is fairly fluent in Swedish
Immunity: Yes
Skills: Cooking, gathering food/identifying plants and *coughcough* 'fixing' things.
-!- Hammers and all tools for cutting should be held under lock, key and heaps of shiny things. -!-

(Also my hair color isn't red, it's brown.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:19:50 AM by Cheesecake »
Native: :usa:
Learning-ish: :spain:
Want to learn: :germany: :sweden:
"Survived"
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2015, 02:39:27 AM »
i cracked up at the second comi c omdfhghfd 'well thats inconvenient'
i lOVE YOUR ART SO MUCH....its so cute and the expressions are so great and the way you draw hair??? i?? touches my screen. outstanding i love it long time ;______;
all these insert ocs are making me itch to make one hfdshg you gUYS ARE SO COOL?!?!! STARS IN MY EYES
Thank you!! I love hair so much. So much that I don't even draw hair as hair it's just a bunch of clouds on people's heads 90% of the time. That's what's happening with Curry this entire page tbh they've just got a bunch of highly flammable clouds on their head
maaaake oneeeeee we will have largest worst best team

Ahg I drew your OC Curry! Is hella messy, whoops?? Ugh literally of these ocs are super cute though
Omg this is so cute I actually cannot? Most best friend art and I totally agree everyone is adorable??
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:15:38 AM by Curry »
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2015, 02:42:42 AM »
I finished mine early!!

*ahem*

Clara “Piney” Bergström
Nationality: ……..Swede
Area of birth: ……..Svenstavik
Profession: ……..Military: Cleanser

Everyone told her she shouldn’t join the military, so she joined the military. Those people were right, but she’ll get over her fear of fire eventually.

Ack yes another cleanser who really should not be in the military!! Your OC is so official with the information that's perfect (aren't those the exact stats from the character page?)

I'm gonna draw EVERYBODY tomorrow make way for this insanity
YEET

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2015, 02:45:58 AM »
Couldn't help myself. All of the SSSSelf inserts are great! ;D
Lana Davidsen is a modified version of my name to sound more Nordic.

Nationality: Norwegian (Real me isn't)
Languages: Norwegian and is fairly fluent in Swedish
Immunity: Yes
Skills: Cooking, gathering food/identifying plants and *coughcough* 'fixing' things.
-!- Hammers and all tools for cutting should be held under lock, key and heaps of shiny things. -!-

(Also my hair color isn't red, it's brown.)

This is super cute!! //casually saves image for future reference
However there is a thread for all of our amazing ssssonas now right here, so if there's a way to move it (forum noob go. is this possible by someone-who's-not-a-skald) that would be hecka great??
YEET

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2015, 02:56:39 AM »
Ack yes another cleanser who really should not be in the military!! Your OC is so official with the information that's perfect (aren't those the exact stats from the character page?)

Yeah they are. I couldn't help but use them, it was fun to write out :)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2015, 04:43:53 AM »
So I heard you guys were looking for dubious self-inserts. Well. I have just the thing.
Apologies. This came out very light. I may have to return and use ink or something.

(rifle slung on the back to hide the fact that I suck at drawing guns. Tried to combine the standard military uniform with the mage uniform. So I get a dumb cape. Trimmed with raven feathers. The graphic on it is based on an old depiction of Odin. Glasses are meant to be more like goggles, based on Hanji Zoe's glasses - also, hands - how do they even work?)

Looking really good! I love that little cape!  :D (another SnK fan here)

I drew almost everybody! You guys are all so great but you also keep coming really fast and I'm slow ahhh

Curry used to have really long hair and managed to get 2 or 3 months into training without putting it up once. However, she got caught up in how cool her mane looked and forgot that it's very flammable about a week into flamethrower training. Good job Curry you're an idiot and also crazy

From left to right: DancingRanger, Koalalou, Windfighter, AquaAquarion (above), Haiz (bottom)

Gosh your style is so awesome! Everyone looks so cute and I really like the way you draw hair ^w^ Haha, that second comic is the most best xD

Everyone is making such fabulous ssss-sonas it's hard to keep up! I see people have started adding bios, should I put one in my original post if I decide to do one?

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2015, 05:22:06 AM »
FYI:

In creating this thread, I missed some self-insert posts still in the main SSSS Art Gallery, which one person kindly bookmarked for me.  I'm in the process of moving those now.  However, it's 2 a.m. out here, so I may still miss one or two. 

Meanwhile, it's possible I may have wrongly moved some posts that were mostly SSSS art with only an oh-by-the-way comment about someone else's self-inserts.

Either way, here's how to help me straighten things out:
1) PM me about wrongly placed posts, and I'll move them (whether your own or someone else's).
OR 2) If you created a post, you can copy the content into a new post in the correct thread, then delete your old post. 
3) If you think of it, delete or edit any posts you made that were purely directional (such as this one!).

Thanks for your patience.  And carry on with the great self-inserts -- they look like a lot of fun!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2015, 05:45:52 AM »
*awesome picture*
omg, you drew me so cute! Thank you <3
Truthfully, everything in that picture was just awesome and perfect and what kind of magic do you use!?

Also, if everyone else is adding good bio-stuff, I'll be too!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2015, 06:09:43 AM »
aaaaaaa we have our own thread now!!!! awesome

omg curry your comic is fantastic and idk how you manage to draw my dorky self this badass, i applaud thee

I'm a little overwhelmed by all these amazing self inserts that have appeared while I slept but I wILL draw everyone because you're all great

If nobody minds I'll make a little better description/introduction of myself with some Real Info and stuff!

........ as a postapocalyptic viking mage.

useless oddball Helen 'Haiz' Olaussen
I'm aware Helen isn't a very nordic name but it's my name and helen/helene is pretty widespread here so I'm gonna pretend it survived into the 90's norway
Nationality: ……..Norwegian
Area of birth: ……..Hitra
Gender: ……..N/A (ze/hir pronouns. prefers 'hin' in norwegian)
Profession: ……..Academic: Mage (seiðkid, or some other butchery of the word)
Languages: :norway: :finland: :iceland:

- Father is a hunter in the Norwegian military (previously farmer), mother is a Finnish academic (specializing in biology and farmingy science I guess) that moved to Norway. + some sami ancestry down the line.
(my irl mother is czech so. I'm keeping my dual nationality and trilinguality)
- Very good at drawing, very bad at research
- Knows how to archery! which is absolutely uSeLEss in this setting. Alas, I don't like guns.
- Believes in all the gods. at the same time. Has 'access' to both known types of magic, but is more trained at runesy stuff.
- Scared of the unknown. scared of trolls. scared of having to be a productive adult. scared
- somewhat autistic and obsessive compulsive. refuses to wear uniforms because they're uncomfortable as heck and I just can't deal with that
- A natural at magic, but awful at practising, so while I'm good at what I do when I do it.... I usually have no idea what or how to do it.
- Carries a pouch-belt full of useless (and some not-so-useless! look at these runes) trinkets to fiddle with.
- too honest and open for own good
- pretends to hate swedes but doesn't actually. doesn't have the guts to hate anyone
- never intended for any of this to happen

.......... am I a mary sue yet
edit: wow this post marks my new status as a safe-zone citizen that's kinda cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:00:32 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2015, 06:17:20 AM »

If nobody minds I'll make a little better description/introduction of myself with some Real Info and stuff!
useless oddball Helen 'Haiz' Olaussen
I'm aware Helen isn't a very nordic name but it's my name and helen/helene is pretty widespread here so I'm gonna pretend it survived into the 90's norway

As a swede I think Helen is common in the nordic countries. Helena is probably more common though  :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2015, 06:28:31 AM »
As a swede I think Helen is common in the nordic countries. Helena is probably more common though  :)
I don't know a single norwegian helena, but i know several helen and especially helene. There are also a dozen variants on how to pronounce them and I have yet to meet a teacher that will get my name and/or pronounciation right on the first try because "I know someone named x and I'm so used to it!"

I think even my own brother says my name wrong. For those who wonder, it's Helen with a long second e, like helén,, not hélen or hellen.

(plus there are variants like Ellen, Elen, Ellinor, Helle............ i first thought Hilda and Hilde were norse, but they're german, so I'm just sticking to my birth name after all)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 06:32:29 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2015, 06:33:47 AM »
I don't know a single norwegian helena, but i know several helen and especially helene. There are also a dozen variants on how to pronounce them and I have yet to meet a teacher that will get my name and/or pronounciation right on the first try because "I know someone named x and I'm so uses to it!"

I think even my own brother says my name wrong. For those who wonder, it's Helen with a long second e, like helén,, not hélen or hellen.

(plus there are variants like Ellen, Elen, Ellinor, Helle............ i firsgt thought Hilda and Hilde were norse, but they're german, so I'm just sticking to my birth name after all)

Helena is common in Sweden at least! It sounds like your name is pronounced like it would be in Sweden ^^ I'm used to getting my name wrong all the time as well.

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »
Oliga that's such a creative idea for an ssssona and that hat is true beauty. I need twenty :D The uniform kind of has a jockey feeling to it and of course I adore that! A+ costume design in general!!

[moving comments and such around. excuse for off-topicness]
YEET

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »
Now I'm avaliable in color as well!

Sofie Borgström (Since the surnames on both sides of my family aren't especially Swedish I took my grandmother's maiden name)
Nationality: ……..Swedish
Area of birth: ……..Outskirts of Mora
Profession: ……..Skald, Cook, Navigator

- Anxious/worrywart
- Is allergic to cats
- Has a low endurance
- Lives on a small farm outside Mora with her parents
- Has never held a gun/rifle and has only gotten a brief explanation of what to do with them
- A little clumsy (as in walking into a desk even if she knows it's there or stretching her arms and hitting the wall next to her)
- The only reason she was allowed to go to the silent world was probably her immunity and strong desire to bring back more knowledge to the known world

(✿σ‿σ) ~<3