Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841668 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts and OCs
« Reply #5115 on: March 11, 2021, 06:07:08 PM »
Feya, interesting ideas and I like what became of the burnt marks! And your illustration is great!

Maglor, go on ahead! Just don’t give up too much to preserve it for the break :)
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5116 on: March 11, 2021, 06:23:37 PM »
Name: Vera Voronina
Nationality: Russian
Immune: yes
Languages: Russian, old Russian
Notes: KIA

Name: Alexandr Golovanov
Immune: Yes
Languages: Russian
Notes: MIA

Name: Roman Myakin
Nationality: Veps
Languages: Vepsian, Russian
Notes: stutters, often pretends to be absolutely harmless

Name: Alesya Seleznyova
Nationality: Moksha
Languages: Moksha, Russian, English
Notes: has Vrolik disease; despite being a mage appears to be a militant atheist.

Name: Nadezhda Kotova
Immune: no
Notes: undead. Extremely dangerous. Is considered hostile under any circumstances.

Name: Semyon Schastlivkin
Notes: sniper.

Name: Arkadiy Saarinen
Nationality: Karel
Languages: Karelian, Finnish, Russian
Notes: wanted on charges of: murdering, stealing, terrorism, seduction of minors and necromancy.

Name: Nyura Arbenina
Nationality: Moksha
Languages: Moksha, Russian
Notes: despite her age and overal good intentions is considered to be one of the most dagerous pyromancers in the area.
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #5117 on: March 12, 2021, 06:28:59 AM »
Ooo Maglor, I am muchly teased! Very intriguing!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5118 on: March 12, 2021, 06:29:08 PM »
Heee, I love these new OCs (or hate them, in keeping with their roles).  I like how you finessed Annika's burns, Feya.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #5119 on: March 18, 2021, 09:58:18 AM »
Wow, these OC's look amazing!

I made mine too (although since I can't draw, I can't show you what it looks like) and I'd like to post it here to see if I can join the roleplay. May I?

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5120 on: March 18, 2021, 10:25:10 AM »
Of course)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #5121 on: March 18, 2021, 11:04:43 AM »
Corvo, this thread is for showcasing of your own characters, whether they are intended as “me in SSSS” or otherwise. There is no game ongoing. The ongoing game is the Unified Roleplay Round 3, but ai have no idea whether they can take new players at this time. They are just sailing out of Iceland :) You can discuss it in this thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1163.0

As already mentioned in the introduction thread (where I wrote before I noticed you’d found your way here), please don’t post into the game thread. That one is for ingame only.

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #5122 on: March 18, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »
Corvo, this thread is for showcasing of your own characters, whether they are intended as “me in SSSS” or otherwise. There is no game ongoing. The ongoing game is the Unified Roleplay Round 3, but ai have no idea whether they can take new players at this time. They are just sailing out of Iceland :) You can discuss it in this thread: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1163.0

As already mentioned in the introduction thread (where I wrote before I noticed you’d found your way here), please don’t post into the game thread. That one is for ingame only.

Ah did I get it wrong?

I knew it. I apologize...

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #5123 on: March 18, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »
No Corvo, you didn’t do anything wrong! It’s just that this thread won’t give you the answers about possibly playing :)

But, this is the correct thread to post OCs just to discuss about them!

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #5124 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:10 AM »
No Corvo, you didn’t do anything wrong! It’s just that this thread won’t give you the answers about possibly playing :)

But, this is the correct thread to post OCs just to discuss about them!

That's what I wanted to do: post my OC so I could show it to you and, if possible, ask for advice to improve it.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #5125 on: March 18, 2021, 06:52:29 PM »
Yes, ok, please do! Sorry for having interrupted you! It’s just that as there is an ongoing game at the moment I misunderstood your question!

This is exactly the place to post your character description! Do go ahead.

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #5126 on: March 19, 2021, 03:41:03 AM »
Name: Asia Massari.
Height: 181 cm.
Weight: 68 kg.

Nationality: Italian.
Birthplace: Bunker near the Lepontine Alps.
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Immunity: Yes.
Magic Capability: None (later development possible but unlikely).
Profession: Survivalist; hunter, Troll and Beast killer/hunter, self-made mechanic; History Researcher and Preserver (Amateur level).
Languages: Italian, English.
Religion: Catholic Christian.
Spiritual Guardian: Guardian Angel (Not confirmed).
Training: Extended weapons training, knows how to overhaul and maintain its arsenal in full efficiency, can hunt non-infected animals or obtain food from Nature; can skin and cook what she catches, trained in hand-to-hand combat and melee combat, knows how to activate or operate the most basic mechanical mechanisms. Knows Sign Language.
Personality

-   Shy and reserved;
-   Curious about the outside world;
-   She is not very trusting of people at first, but over time, she learns to trust them. However, if someone betrays or abandons her, she is not willing to forgive or forget.
-   He prefers actions to words;
-   She does not talk much: partly because of the language barrier, she often lets her actions do the talking for her. However, other people who know sign language can use this to communicate with her.
-   She likes to carefully plan the details of operations and counter-plans in case something goes wrong. This is because she can't think well under pressure and, in moments of panic, tends to freeze.
-   She is very religious and often, in quiet moments, likes to read religious verses.
-   When she had a focus and a goal, she does never give up until she reaches it.
-   Very oblivious and dense about romance.

Biography

Asia Massari was born in a Swiss bomb bunker, which had been occupied by small groups of civilians in the early days of the Rash infection, a few days before it reached Italy. In this bunker, the government of Switzerland had accumulated sufficient food reserves for many years, as well as considerable stocks of weapons, ammunition and medicine. Unfortunately, after a few years quarrels and disagreements began to arise among the members of the bunker, culminating in a violent battle over who among the groups should lead the others. The result was that the survivors and their families killed each other, leaving Asia (who was 5 years old at the time) alone.

For a few years, Asia grew up alone inside the bunker, feeding herself with food supplies that were now all her own, and learning to use the weapons that had been the cause of the massacre. But eventually, even the bunker's supplies ran out.

With no more way to feed herself, Asia was forced to make a courageous choice, and abandon the bunker that had been her home, and walk out into the silent world. In time, Asia learned to hunt, to escape the Beasts and Trolls, and later, to fight them.

To this day, Earth's last Italian (or at least she thinks she is) travels in the Silent World in search of other survivors, trying every day to survive the daily challenges of the Rash…

Personal items

-   MAB 38/57 submachine gun with eight magazines, Heavy Barrel and Compensator.
-   Sniper rifle Carcano Mod. 91 with five magazines, Rifle Scope and Silencer.
-   Pistol with Silencer and six magazines.
-   A backup pistol
-   A Big Knife
-   2-3 smaller knives.
-   One Small Hand Axe
-   2 Explosive Grenades
-   2 Smoke grenades
-   4 packs of C-4
-   A time bomb
-   Weapons maintenance kit
-   10 meters of coiled rope
-   A notebook to take notes
-   A compass
-   3-4 pens for writing
-   A Medical Self-Help Kit
-   A photographic camera (silenced)
-   A pair of binoculars
-   Tools for butchering and skinning animals
-   Canned food rations
-   A Canteen
-   A can opener
-   A lighter
-   A Bible

Hidden goal

Italy, like many other non-Nordic nations, did not survive the arrival of the Rash. Asia's dream is to gather other survivors of Italian descent, like herself, to rebuild the nation.

How she looks like

Spoiler: show

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5127 on: March 19, 2021, 05:04:05 AM »
Wow, a lot of work here. I don't think you have to show it all to us, if you want her to be in your chapter break filler work. Because you know, spoilers...

Corvo

• Writer seeking fame.
« Reply #5128 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:14 AM »
Wow, a lot of work here. I don't think you have to show it all to us, if you want her to be in your chapter break filler work. Because you know, spoilers...

Don't worry. I had some big spoilers for the character, but I haven't revealed them yet. To find out, you'll have to read the introduction snippets....

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #5129 on: March 19, 2021, 06:26:11 AM »
Curious: how does she carry all that gear? I am accustomed to packing and transporting  stuff for real-world wilderness work. That would be way more than I could carry, and I am quite strong for my size. Immune pack mule? Wheelbarrow? Travois? Mucking great backpack? I’m not usually part of this thread, but I was idly glancing through it and noticed this post. And of course if you had any of these options, you could likely carry even more useful stuff, like dried food, a water filter, a tent, spare clothes, blankets, a winter-weight sleeping bag.....even a companion cat.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!