Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841525 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4875 on: April 26, 2016, 05:57:54 AM »
I wish I could join but I am not sure how to roleplay anymore, especially not on a forum??? plus I hate reading long texts (basically I can't read for some reasons, I can't explain.....) and I didn't RP for many years and when I did it was always on MSN or skype, and only with one person at time, in a group I was literally not saying anything for hours, just reading, saying a random hmm, to show I am still there. (good thing I was RPing APH Sweden, so it was kind of IC as well) and RP I had was on my askblogs, where we DREW instead of long text of what they say and so or feel. for me doing art is way easier then writing anyway....

I wish to do more arts instead, and wish to include other ssssonas as well into these comics, but for these I need to know a bit of other ssssonas, and sadly I know nothing.
You can always check out the thread (most of the posts are rather short) and see if it's your kind of RPing :)

If you want to know more about the ssssonas there's the info dump (I'm guessing you've seen it already) and I bet a lot of people would tell you more about their ssssonas if they get to be in one of your lovely comics (I definitely would)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4876 on: April 26, 2016, 06:04:54 AM »
If you want to know more about the ssssonas there's the info dump (I'm guessing you've seen it already) and I bet a lot of people would tell you more about their ssssonas if they get to be in one of your lovely comics (I definitely would)

I definitely would!
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4877 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:52 AM »
To be honest, I hadn't tried to write in English (apart messages on the forum and sentences on the chat, but it's different than building a story) since... months ? I'm late in a knitting project, I'm late for a beta-reading, and I still have to figure how I'll survive until having the possibility to apply for a training in a year *Grimace* So, maybe one day, and I'm sure I would enjoy it, but maybe not in the following weeks... :/
Anyway, I'm happy to read that something is finally happening with self-insert characters :) It was a little sad for me to see nothing was moving.
Ah, that's a shame, but if you ever do feel you have time do come along, you'll always be welcome ^_^ I'm still treating the story you wrote for Gwenno as cannon of course  ;D (oh, and even without writing stories your English is coming along very nicely! It flows a lot more naturally now)

I wish I could join but I am not sure how to roleplay anymore, especially not on a forum??? plus I hate reading long texts (basically I can't read for some reasons, I can't explain.....) and I didn't RP for many years and when I did it was always on MSN or skype, and only with one person at time, in a group I was literally not saying anything for hours, just reading, saying a random hmm, to show I am still there. (good thing I was RPing APH Sweden, so it was kind of IC as well) and RP I had was on my askblogs, where we DREW instead of long text of what they say and so or feel. for me doing art is way easier then writing anyway....

I wish to do more arts instead, and wish to include other ssssonas as well into these comics, but for these I need to know a bit of other ssssonas, and sadly I know nothing.
Ah, I remember you saying once that you didn't like reading a lot. I guess maybe that would make it less fun for you to take part, but if you were worried about not saying much, there are a few characters who are playing who don't say much, or who leave for different amount of times and they can join in whenever they want.

You can always check out the thread (most of the posts are rather short) and see if it's your kind of RPing :)

I'll second (third?) what AquaAurion says about lots of people who'd like to be in your comic ^_^ I certainly would as I'm sure would many other people, and the info dump is invaluable for finding out about all the characters!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4878 on: April 26, 2016, 12:32:29 PM »
Ah, that's a shame, but if you ever do feel you have time do come along, you'll always be welcome ^_^ I'm still treating the story you wrote for Gwenno as cannon of course  ;D (oh, and even without writing stories your English is coming along very nicely! It flows a lot more naturally now)
Thank you <3
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4879 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:07 PM »
*rises from the depths of Real Life after god knows how long*

Hello again! So Ragnarok asked me to make a few changes to his slide on the Infodump (remember that?), and since I was there and also procrastinating I thought I'd also add Ix - here is their slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.g1264cc00fc_2_0

It's nice to see the ssssona threads still in use! I might be able to be active here again in a couple of months, we'll see...

*Disappears back into the Vortex of Responsibilities*
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4880 on: April 26, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
I did an updated drawing of Madeline a while back, but was super lazy about taking a picture and posting it.  ::) So, here it is, finally:

I also decided to update her information a little, or at least organize it:
Spoiler: show
Name: Madeline Christensen
Born in: Denmark
Nationality: Half-Danish(father), Half-Swedish(mother)
Languages: Danish, most of Icelandic, basic Swedish
Occupation: Was studying to be a skald, but currently a runaway/scavenger
Her Personality:
-Introverted, very quiet; she prefers to say things using the least words necessary and says very little of what she thinks
-Carries herself very seriously when she wants to gain respect
-Is okay with people, but the bigger the group, the quieter she gets
-Second-guesses herself quite a bit
-Her main brand of humor is quick wit and sarcasm
-Has a very good memory, especially for things she's read, heard, or written down
Also a little bit of backstory on why she ran away in the first place: She grew up knowing about the failure at Kastrup and how that set the Danes back, and became annoyed at people talking about making another attempt at the Silent World without actually doing anything. Add to that the fact that she had very few friends, and her best friend lives in Sweden, you get a fed up, lonely, restless teenage girl with too much skill for planning and sneaking around for her own good. So she left Bornholm behind with only a note and one person knowing where she is, to see the rest of Denmark.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4881 on: April 26, 2016, 08:43:38 PM »
I did an updated drawing of Madeline a while back, but was super lazy about taking a picture and posting it.  ::) So, here it is, finally:

I also decided to update her information a little, or at least organize it:
Spoiler: show
Name: Madeline Christensen
Born in: Denmark
Nationality: Half-Danish(father), Half-Swedish(mother)
Languages: Danish, most of Icelandic, basic Swedish
Occupation: Was studying to be a skald, but currently a runaway/scavenger
Her Personality:
-Introverted, very quiet; she prefers to say things using the least words necessary and says very little of what she thinks
-Carries herself very seriously when she wants to gain respect
-Is okay with people, but the bigger the group, the quieter she gets
-Second-guesses herself quite a bit
-Her main brand of humor is quick wit and sarcasm
-Has a very good memory, especially for things she's read, heard, or written down
Also a little bit of backstory on why she ran away in the first place: She grew up knowing about the failure at Kastrup and how that set the Danes back, and became annoyed at people talking about making another attempt at the Silent World without actually doing anything. Add to that the fact that she had very few friends, and her best friend lives in Sweden, you get a fed up, lonely, restless teenage girl with too much skill for planning and sneaking around for her own good. So she left Bornholm behind with only a note and one person knowing where she is, to see the rest of Denmark.

Nice art!
And I very much appreciate the extra background.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4882 on: May 14, 2016, 12:25:31 PM »
This thread's been quiet for a while, but I may as well put my profile pic here since it is a drawing of my 'sona:

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4883 on: May 14, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »
Ana, that's so cute!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4884 on: May 14, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
This thread's been quiet for a while, but I may as well put my profile pic here since it is a drawing of my 'sona:
Really sweet drawing! I like her expression.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4885 on: May 15, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
Just letting you all know that I am working up a fic that may incorporate SSSSonas, and am still in the head-plotting stage.  I've already contacted some for permission / ideas, and will go back to this board to verify character quirks as well.  Since I need a bunch of extra characters for this storyline, why not us?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4886 on: May 15, 2016, 05:09:05 PM »
Just letting you all know that I am working up a fic that may incorporate SSSSonas, and am still in the head-plotting stage.  I've already contacted some for permission / ideas, and will go back to this board to verify character quirks as well.  Since I need a bunch of extra characters for this storyline, why not us?

Well, you know where to find me if you want Arbet in.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4887 on: May 15, 2016, 09:50:14 PM »
Well, you know where to find me if you want Arbet in.
Funny you should mention that, the story started out in the first place as the answer to your prompt in the fic exchange.  As part of my mulling over possible plot lines, it occurred to me that I might have to get over my *ahem* challenged approach to action and fight scenes.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4888 on: May 15, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »
Me too, though Sonja's not terribly useful as a background character because of the whole doesn't-talk-to-people thing.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4889 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
Feel free to include Gwenno if you'd like ^_^ I'd be quite honoured to appear as a cameo in a fic and she fits in quite well if you want fighting scenes  ;D
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc