Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841904 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4860 on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »
Wheee! Did I mention I love this? To bits?  Because I do! Ahahaaaaaa thank you thank you!!

Glad you like it
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them
« Reply #4861 on: April 23, 2016, 07:28:55 PM »

So this is where I'd bring up my Self-Insert SSSS character, right? Because I've been thinking them out for a while!!

My self-insert character's named Ix Anderson, they're Swedish (with some Norwegian blood from a grandpa) and definitely the picture of it. Tall (6 feet!), with pale blonde hair, and the most powerful skepticism of any kind of deity you could probably get in a person. This is a bit ironic, as their own grandpa was supposedly a powerful Norwegian mage (although generally considered an Icelandic Mage since he trained in Iceland). Born in the Swedish city of Mora, they spent most of their life for 13 years running away from everything that was challenging and complaining about everything that wasn't. They honestly joined the Military Cleansers unit on their 13th birthday purely because it sounded like a cool thing to do and a good way to get away from their overbearing and large family. They're rather experienced, having spent a good 6 years as a Cleanser. During these 6 years, they developed a, er, fondness for fire and explosives, as well as undiagnosed clinical depression (starting at age 15 and haunting them since). They've had undiagnosed social anxiety issues ever since they were 11, but this doesn't interfere with their Cleansing career as much as it does their conversation and social skills. Because of this, they can be considered very antisocial (they actively avoid large crowds or situations where they'd have to make conversation) and a little gross (they don't have the motivation to brush their teeth or comb their hair or wash their face or really, uh, wash). Therefore, despite their skills, their lack of motivation, avoidance of interaction, and low self-esteem make it so that they aren't really anyone's first choice for a pal or teammate. They're rather weak-willed and tend to mumble. However, they do have strengths. They're good at taking orders and are excellent with a flamethrower or set of explosives. They also really love cats.

That's my Self-Insert! While they're not exactly like me, a lot of things about them (them/they pronouns due to not indentifying with any gender, depression, social anxiety, love of cats, and lack of motivation to take care of themself) are definitely based off of me. So there you are, it's Ix! They're a real dweeb.
I survived the :chap11: break!!

"Now that you're dead, what are you gonna do with your life?"

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4862 on: April 23, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »
Welcome! Feel free to look around the board and join in on anything you want.

-there's the Altverse, which houses our evil counterparts
-the Unified Roleplay is also active.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4863 on: April 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »
Yay!!! It's been so long since we've had a new self insert show up! Welcome Ix, your character looks really interesting! We've got a great mix of personalities here, they'll fit right in.
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
« Reply #4864 on: April 23, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
Welcome! Feel free to look around the board and join in on anything you want.

-there's the Altverse, which houses our evil counterparts

Thank you, Ragnarok! I do want to join the Unified Roleplay, but I'm rather confused as to how I'd join, what expedition team Ix (the character) would be on, and how I'd manage to fit myself in when you've all gone so far in the story already!

Yay!!! It's been so long since we've had a new self insert show up! Welcome Ix, your character looks really interesting! We've got a great mix of personalities here, they'll fit right in.

I'm glad I've blown the dust off the area and added in a new one, then! Thank you, Keeper! And I'm glad they'll fit in!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4865 on: April 23, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »

Yoooooooo! Welcome to the first new crew member in goodness knows how long  ;D I'm sure that Ix will be a great contribution to the team and I absolutely love the expression you've given them in the picture.

If you'd like to take part in the role-play you can probably join right in. There are not quite enough people to split into teams as we'd initially intended during the summer, so the current layout is more similar to what's happening with the expedition in the comic. One crew made up of all sorts :P Anyway, it's only the morning of the first day of the crew in the silent world, so we can easily pretend that Ix was about but:
a) was sleeping though the first hour
b) didn't have much to say during the encounter with Keeper and Ragnarok's 'sonas
c) went out for an early morning walk and missed the commotion
d) was in the tank and didn't come out for whatever reason when many of the other 'sonas did. Maybe they were busy or just didn't want to deal with that many people first thing in the morning
e) other reason I haven't thought of, but you have and really it's a pretty obvious solution :P

The current point is that the crew woke up to their first morning in the silent world to two strangers walking towards the tank and waving/shouting/saying "hi". They were suspiciously received and one of the newcomers (Arbert - Ragnarok's 'sona) storms off in a huff at his ill treatment. He gets attacked by a seal beast and some of the crew members go to help him after the mages note that something weird is going on. The beast is defeated and the crew members return back to the tank with Arbert slightly injured. The in-tank crew were informed of what was going on and now we're waiting for a medic to fix up Arbert's shoulder and for what happens next..... (I hope that sums it up well enough for you to get a feel of it, although if you have time to read from page 22 on the roleplay thread it would give you a better idea of what happened)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
« Reply #4866 on: April 24, 2016, 10:32:23 AM »
Oh, okay!! Thank you! So I'll just jump right in, then? Heh, in all the other RPs I'd joined we'd needed character cards and all sorts of things so I guess I'm not used to this kind of RP format - I can definitely go with the route that they were sleeping or just stayed in bed in hopes they wouldn't have to deal with anyone. This'll be great!

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4867 on: April 24, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
Oh, okay!! Thank you! So I'll just jump right in, then? Heh, in all the other RPs I'd joined we'd needed character cards and all sorts of things so I guess I'm not used to this kind of RP format - I can definitely go with the route that they were sleeping or just stayed in bed in hopes they wouldn't have to deal with anyone. This'll be great!

Fair warning: the whole 'day rolls over on Thursday' thing has been abandoned.

Ix

• Zoinks, Scoob!!
« Reply #4868 on: April 24, 2016, 11:09:08 AM »
Okie-dokie! Thanks for the warning!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4869 on: April 24, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »
I'm happy to read that :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #4870 on: April 24, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »
I did a tiny comic with Riika. maybe I will try to find out one for Martti as well, but Her part is funnier, and for Martti, it would be kinda funnier. Martti is shyer then Riika. Riika is the "awesome type" while Martti is more the "sad type".

can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4871 on: April 25, 2016, 03:16:11 AM »
I did a tiny comic with Riika. maybe I will try to find out one for Martti as well, but Her part is funnier, and for Martti, it would be kinda funnier. Martti is shyer then Riika. Riika is the "awesome type" while Martti is more the "sad type".

I, for one, really like Martti & Riika and love to see more of their adventures.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4872 on: April 25, 2016, 09:32:50 AM »
I'm happy to read that :)
The crew could still really do with a healer if you were interested.......

Hah, poor Riika! She just seems so sure that she's perfect for the job (which she mostly is let's face it as she can sense the danger and can run). That's a funny little comic ^_^ it's so fun to see the stories you have for your 'sonas! The same offer applies to you too if you'd like to join in the role-play group. We're still having new people join and it would be fun to have Riika and Martti on the team :3
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4873 on: April 25, 2016, 09:38:09 AM »
To be honest, I hadn't tried to write in English (apart messages on the forum and sentences on the chat, but it's different than building a story) since... months ? I'm late in a knitting project, I'm late for a beta-reading, and I still have to figure how I'll survive until having the possibility to apply for a training in a year *Grimace* So, maybe one day, and I'm sure I would enjoy it, but maybe not in the following weeks... :/
Anyway, I'm happy to read that something is finally happening with self-insert characters :) It was a little sad for me to see nothing was moving.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #4874 on: April 25, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »
Hah, poor Riika! She just seems so sure that she's perfect for the job (which she mostly is let's face it as she can sense the danger and can run). That's a funny little comic ^_^ it's so fun to see the stories you have for your 'sonas! The same offer applies to you too if you'd like to join in the role-play group. We're still having new people join and it would be fun to have Riika and Martti on the team :3

I wish I could join but I am not sure how to roleplay anymore, especially not on a forum??? plus I hate reading long texts (basically I can't read for some reasons, I can't explain.....) and I didn't RP for many years and when I did it was always on MSN or skype, and only with one person at time, in a group I was literally not saying anything for hours, just reading, saying a random hmm, to show I am still there. (good thing I was RPing APH Sweden, so it was kind of IC as well) and RP I had was on my askblogs, where we DREW instead of long text of what they say and so or feel. for me doing art is way easier then writing anyway....

I wish to do more arts instead, and wish to include other ssssonas as well into these comics, but for these I need to know a bit of other ssssonas, and sadly I know nothing.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: