Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 142380 times)

Dane Murgen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • wannabe polyglot
  • Preferred pronouns: They/Them/Their
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2015, 12:02:23 AM »
Hah, I misread that as "how awful Laufey's costume is?" Heh. (BECAUSE THAT IS CLEARLY NOT THE CASE.)
Actually, if this cosplay was created like a thousand years ago, it would have been the case, since aweful used to mean awesome in the olden days. That said, I marvel at this feat of creation. It is truly of the old Gods.
A life without death is a life not worth living.

Survived: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11:

Speaks+reads: :newzealand:
Speaks: :philippines:
Barely reads: :france:
Can read a few sentences: :china:
Want to learn: twelve other languages, *sigh*

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »
It's fiiinally finished - well, almost. The wig is so heavy that the curls I tried to style in front gave up and collapsed almost immediately, stronger hairspray and curlers will happen before Närcon begins.

ALL BOW DOWN BEFORE THE QUEEN OF COSPLAY.

Bask in it's glory peasants, and pray to all the old gods that one day we might be blessed with such beautious garments and raw talents!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »
Laufey, HOW :o
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #243 on: July 23, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
I almost feel bad posting these here with Laufey's cosplay being completely perfect and all, but honestly I'm of the opinion that more dreamland Reynir can never be a bad thing right? So that's what I'll provide, more Reynir  :D

I and some of my friends went around town taking cosplay pictures back in spring, but my photographer friend who was taking the pictures had a "computer is evil and wants to take down everything with it" incident and I didn't get to see the photos until this morning. I'm actually ridiculously happy we got so many good ones >"< I'm usually really goofy and unphotogenic but this time it seems quite a few turned out really well :3

Hah, oh my goodness I loved having freckles so much >"< I even drew some on when not in cosplay because I just really liked how I looked with them (as did pretty much everyone who saw me in costume, I got so many comments saying I looked better freckly ::) )

When we took these pictures the last chapter had barely started and I didn't actually know that Reynir would get a chance to have woody green things in the dreamland. Had to do it though because the flowers were just too pretty, and hey, it as good as turned out to be cannon anyway ^_^ (is it too late to claim to be a mage with premonition powers?)

Heh, it was really windy that day and the cloak kept on misbehaving ^_^ My friend at one point just came under the cloak and took a snap because why not :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
Gwenno, those are adorable! And A+ for appropriate setting. :D
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
Oh my goodness, Gwenno, those are precious!  I don't want to hear one more word about you not being photogenic because you absolutely are, and you make an adorable Icelandic shepherd.  The freckles suit you! 

And that scene of Reynir among the wildflowers is not only lovely, it's definitely a qualifier for the title "Forum Prophet."  (I forget, do we have rules yet for the requisite number of premonitions, like the Catholic Church requiring three miracles to be a saint?  Somebody call RandomTexanReader.)

I almost feel bad posting these here with Laufey's cosplay being completely perfect and all, but honestly I'm of the opinion that more dreamland Reynir can never be a bad thing right? So that's what I'll provide, more Reynir  :D

I and some of my friends went around town taking cosplay pictures back in spring, but my photographer friend who was taking the pictures had a "computer is evil and wants to take down everything with it" incident and I didn't get to see the photos until this morning. I'm actually ridiculously happy we got so many good ones >"< I'm usually really goofy and unphotogenic but this time it seems quite a few turned out really well :3

Hah, oh my goodness I loved having freckles so much >"< I even drew some on when not in cosplay because I just really liked how I looked with them (as did pretty much everyone who saw me in costume, I got so many comments saying I looked better freckly ::) )

When we took these pictures the last chapter had barely started and I didn't actually know that Reynir would get a chance to have woody green things in the dreamland. Had to do it though because the flowers were just too pretty, and hey, it as good as turned out to be canon anyway ^_^ (is it too late to claim to be a mage with premonition powers?)

"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #246 on: July 23, 2015, 08:59:38 PM »

Aaaaah this is ADORABLE!
Though those boots look like leather so I hope you didn't ruin them standing in the ocean like that O_O
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »
So many awesome Reynirs! I especially like the Laufey punching-the-air pose and Gwenno in the bluebell wood and running by the sea. Lovely!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2015, 01:34:34 AM »
I almost feel bad posting these here with Laufey's cosplay being completely perfect and all, but honestly I'm of the opinion that more dreamland Reynir can never be a bad thing right? So that's what I'll provide, more Reynir

There's never enough from good cosplay. :D

(is it too late to claim to be a mage with premonition powers?)

Actually, Minna herself said, that there's one, who is a mage, but doesn't know it yet. *looks suspiciously at Gwenno*
It's time to ask yourself: have you ever dreamt of approaching Haiz in a strange place, with water and stars all around, then woke up the next morning with a very real blakeye...? :P
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:45:51 AM by Sharion »
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #249 on: July 24, 2015, 02:00:41 AM »

When we took these pictures the last chapter had barely started and I didn't actually know that Reynir would get a chance to have woody green things in the dreamland. Had to do it though because the flowers were just too pretty, and hey, it as good as turned out to be cannon anyway ^_^ (is it too late to claim to be a mage with premonition powers?)

You are an adorable little ray of sunshine, just like our beloved Rey-rey. Cosplay-skills = A+

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:04 AM »

Note:  I've moved my Jane Austen/Regency-Era photos over to the new thread for non-SSSS cosplay. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:07:34 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2015, 03:17:37 AM »
Gwenno: There's never too much Reynir cosplay and no need to put yourself down, that's a really well made one! I loved the photos on the beach - your coat billows awesomely by the way!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

kjeks

• Retired Moderator
« Reply #252 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:39 AM »
Gwenno these are awesome! Especially the pics in nature! At which ruins did you take those pics?

Sunflower Ahhh you raised memories of horrible english lessons where we should argue about pride and prejudice... given my state of maturity back then it was a very futile mission for the poor teacher.
:germany: :uk: :norway:
:sweden: :france: :ireland: :turkey: :kurdish: :sign: =>Learning:
:vaticancity: =>Leftovers

Forum Rules
Helpful Information

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2015, 04:58:46 AM »
Gwenno, wow this is seriously great cosplay :D It's obvious you had fun wearing it and that good mood is contagious from the pictures. Also, the costume looks great. Not surprising, since we were all drooling over it in the comic, but seeing real versions of it is also unexpectedly pleasing.
(I'm not usually into these cosplay things, this is all very new to me)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #254 on: July 24, 2015, 06:33:43 AM »
Gwenno, those are adorable! And A+ for appropriate setting. :D
^_^ Thank you. Hehe, I just happened to be really lucky and lived in the loveliest little town which had some really appropriate photo settings

Oh my goodness, Gwenno, those are precious!  I don't want to hear one more word about you not being photogenic because you absolutely are, and you make an adorable Icelandic shepherd.  The freckles suit you! 

And that scene of Reynir among the wildflowers is not only lovely, it's definitely a qualifier for the title "Forum Prophet."  (I forget, do we have rules yet for the requisite number of premonitions, like the Catholic Church requiring three miracles to be a saint?  Somebody call RandomTexanReader.)
Well now, looks like you're now added to the list of freckle complimenters :P but thank you. Don't worry, I'm not that I don't like my face or anything (I've had it quite a few years now and am quite fond of it actually :P ) it's just that I have this irrational and difficult to control urge to pull stupid faces whenever a camera is pointed in my direction (even if I didn't actually intend to), meaning that 9/10 pictures with me look somewhere between horrific and ridiculous.
As for prophecies, I think I've four documented ones including this one? That's kinda over the course of almost 2 years so not actually impressive actually  :-\

Aaaaah this is ADORABLE!
Though those boots look like leather so I hope you didn't ruin them standing in the ocean like that O_O
Thank yooooooou >"< oh gosh, it wasn't even leather, it was just some cheap fake stuff I brought in a charity shop which I modified the living daylights out of with paint and shoe polish :P 100% not waterproof and my feet were soaked! Totally worth it though, and that was the last stop so didn't have to wear them too long after, and they're still in decent condition

So many awesome Reynirs! I especially like the Laufey punching-the-air pose and Gwenno in the bluebell wood and running by the sea. Lovely!
Thank you ^_^ I'm so happy with the bluebell ones Reynir+flowers=best idea ever  ;D

Actually, Minna herself said, that there's one, who is a mage, but doesn't know it yet. *looks suspiciously at Gwenno*
It's time to ask yourself: have you ever dreamt of approaching Haiz in a strange place, with water and stars all around, then woke up the next morning with a very real blakeye...? :P
Haha, thank you :) I am also of the opinion that more cosplay is always better
Wait, you mean that those aren't normal dreams  :o Maybe I should stop using the cloak as a blanket / use it as a blanket more..... (Heh, sleep under a mage-cloak and what do you expect? :P)

You are an adorable little ray of sunshine, just like our beloved Rey-rey. Cosplay-skills = A+
:3 aaaaaww, thank you! Thant's such a lovely thing to say :)

Gwenno: There's never too much Reynir cosplay and no need to put yourself down, that's a really well made one! I loved the photos on the beach - your coat billows awesomely by the way!
Oh don't worry I'm not pulling it down, I genuinely think it's the best cosplay I've ever made (definitely the one I've put the most effort into!) I just like yours better, it has a more authentic feel to it somehow ^_^ Hehe, this whole shoot was a battle against the wind, but it did result in some excellent billowing pictures

Gwenno these are awesome! Especially the pics in nature! At which ruins did you take those pics?
Thank you :) I'm not saying that everything is better when surrounded by trees and flowers, but I don't think it's wrong to say that most things are better surrounded by trees and flowers :P
The ruins are of the St Andrews cathedral where I used to study (all graduated and left now so don't feel too bad about disclosing this info online). It's 12th century and a right tourist attraction, but the poor tourists were so confused by all our antics :P

Gwenno, wow this is seriously great cosplay :D It's obvious you had fun wearing it and that good mood is contagious from the pictures. Also, the costume looks great. Not surprising, since we were all drooling over it in the comic, but seeing real versions of it is also unexpectedly pleasing.
(I'm not usually into these cosplay things, this is all very new to me)
Thank you so much, it's especially nice to hear that given that you're not usually into cosplay ^_^ Agree with the comic outfit drooling point. I pretty much saw the page with this outfit back in November and decided that it was the most beautiful thing ever and I had to cosplay no matter what!
Heh, and oh boy did I have fun, for most of these pictures there's a 5 second afterwards version where I'm laughing at the sheer strangeness of it all! The tourists very discreetly trying to have a look and figure out what on earth we were doing definitely didn't help matters either or the wind doing it's utmost to blow me into the sky :P

Heh, another note the beach running scene is that it's actually the exact same place that they filmed this thing

It was excellent motivation to have my friends singing this while trying to get a good running shot  ;D
Oh, and also there's this version including Mr Bean
Spoiler: show
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc