Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46965 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2021, 04:23:56 PM »
:dk: "No actually, just came here since I didn't have anything to do so I decided to come here and leave my things ready to when when the rest are ready" - answers Alergo truthfully

:no: "Oh. Understood, sir, I will get everybody ready" she says. She considers saluting for a moment, but decides against it. She heads below deck, only to run into Harald that is going up.
"Ah, hello. Please get ready soon."
With that, she continues downstairs, to see... majority of people awake. Nice! She claps her hands. "Good morning everybody, this is your last chance. Check if you have everything you need and get ready for sailing out. Where is Marianne...?" The person that could sail the ship should really be awake when they are sailing out. Right? Right. "Anyhow, to your stations as soon as possible. We should be ready to leave in twenty, I'd say."
With that, she heads to the cabins and leaves last of her bags inside. After that, she starts checking other cabins to find and wake Marianne.

Leif is meanwhile, still at the docks with the Viking-like brother. Chilling. Neither of them were leaving with the crew, and he really doesn't have anything else to tell them. He just wants to watch the ship as it leaves.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2021, 11:19:24 AM »
:is: "Thanks!" Astrid goes to grab some coffee, then pulls a chair up next to Dísa. :is: "So, we're leaving today. It's never really felt real until now," says Astrid, trying to avoid awkward silence.

":is: We sure do, huh?" Dísa sips her coffee looking around in the room. So, this is it. "Strange to think we´ll be going where no one went for over 130 years." Also away from everything we´ve ever known. Dísa doesn´t say that last part out loud, as just thinking it makes her already a little homesick. But also happy. And sad. Oh dear.

:no: "Oh. Understood, sir, I will get everybody ready" she says. She considers saluting for a moment, but decides against it. She heads below deck, only to run into Harald that is going up.
With that, she continues downstairs, to see... majority of people awake. Nice! She claps her hands. "Good morning everybody, this is your last chance. Check if you have everything you need and get ready for sailing out. Where is Marianne...?" The person that could sail the ship should really be awake when they are sailing out. Right? Right. "Anyhow, to your stations as soon as possible. We should be ready to leave in twenty, I'd say."
With that, she heads to the cabins and leaves last of her bags inside. After that, she starts checking other cabins to find and wake Marianne.

Oh right, Dísa is here to work! Good, other thoughts. She quickly empties her cup and puts it into the sink.

"Ok then, I think I still need to prepare some things in my cabin." Like, securing stuff. And eating Icelandic pastries! "I´ll see you on the bridge or from wherever we´re allowed to watch our boat leave the harbor! I´m not missing that!"

She sais goodbye to Astrid and Ludvig and takes her leave back to the cabin. She saw Svenny sitting in front of a window here, so she might actually be able to put her luggage away now.

After arriving at her room she puts everything under the bed and prepares her gun and harpoon. She packs some pencils and paper too, just in case some emergency rune is needed. And of course the galdrastafur-book. And the Kleinas. Then she rushes on deck to see the boat start to sail and help if needed.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #392 on: February 28, 2021, 09:51:13 PM »
"MIIIAAAA!!"

Marianne removes the pillow from her head to admonish the little pest and realizes it's full daylight.

Shitshitshit!  How did she manage to sleep through reveille?  Or is everyone expected to wake up on their own?  Why does no one tell her these things?!

Marianne throws on her boots, jacket, and the scabbard containing her knife.  Two minutes later, she's on the bridge, another glass of water next to her, and Mia perched on her shoulder.  Five minutes after that, she meets Saga in a hallway. 

"Ma'am, all instruments seem in working order.  I'm ready to weigh anchor when you are."
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
"MIIIAAAA!!"

Marianne removes the pillow from her head to admonish the little pest and realizes it's full daylight.

Shitshitshit!  How did she manage to sleep through reveille?  Or is everyone expected to wake up on their own?  Why does no one tell her these things?!

Marianne throws on her boots, jacket, and the scabbard containing her knife.  Two minutes later, she's on the bridge, another glass of water next to her, and Mia perched on her shoulder.  Five minutes after that, she meets Saga in a hallway. 

"Ma'am, all instruments seem in working order.  I'm ready to weigh anchor when you are."

:no: "Oh, great! Thanks for good work. I will check with the captain and then we should be all good to go" Saga says. She leaves to find Alergo.
"Sir, everybody is awake and on their stations, and everything is ready to go. Say the word and we will sail out."
The guy is the boss. She isn't going to give orders in his place, that's rude.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2021, 10:50:11 AM »
Leo blinks and finishes his coffee while he waits for the order to cast off lines and cut the ship loose. He is currently leaning against the gunnels beside the gangway onto the ship.

He glances in the direction of two teens carrying backpacks, clad in military mage gear and sulking stop a crate.The look on his face is stern, as if to say "I know you're there. Stop trying to sneak on board."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »
Harald leans against a rail near the bow of the ship, watching the deck and keeping an eye out for something he might actually know how to do.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

doorcf

« Reply #396 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:15 AM »
:no: "Oh, great! Thanks for good work. I will check with the captain and then we should be all good to go" Saga says. She leaves to find Alergo.
"Sir, everybody is awake and on their stations, and everything is ready to go. Say the word and we will sail out."
The guy is the boss. She isn't going to give orders in his place, that's rude.
:dk: "Well then, lets sail out and lets go to the bridge to choose our first destination" - says Alergo
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:10:19 AM by doorcf »

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2021, 06:27:44 PM »
Doc finishes his coffee and puts his papers under a paperweight before coming onto the deck of the ship, huddling up in a windbreaker and staring thoughtfully up at some seagulls as he waits for the ship to leave. Now that the time of departure is so close, he's starting to get a bit nervous...
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Solokov

« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2021, 08:25:59 AM »
Leo is momentarily distracted by the sight of a child running down the docks with a bowl of breakfast being followed by a lot of seagulls. Surprisingly there is far less screaming from the whole commotion than one would expect. There still is some though.

He returns his gaze on his niece and nephew after a quiet chuckle at the scene.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2021, 09:57:29 AM »
:dk: "Well then, lets sail out and lets go to the bridge to choose our first destination" - says Alergo

Saga brightly smiles.

This is it, they are going to go. Off, into the Silent World. With her. She, who is not immune.
She will really have to do everything she can to not be a burden.
No, wrong way of thinking - she is already not a burden. She has an important role. And others have a role to protect her.
She will be fine.
Leif wouldn't hire bad or incompetent people.

She heads to the bridge with Alergo and gives Marianne a nod. "Take her out" she says, barely hiding excitement in her voice, while really hoping this was the right phrase for sailing out.
It probably is.
It's hard to misunderstand her when it's obvious the time has come to set out.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »
As the ship begins to move, Harald hums to himself, then begins singing softly.

:no:

"Moren min fortalte meg det
En dag ville jeg kjøpe
Byssa med gode årer
Seil til fjerne bredder
Moren min fortalte meg det
En dag ville jeg kjøpe (kjøpe)
Byssa med gode årer
Seil til fjerne bredder
Stå på stryket
Edelbark jeg styrer
(Jevn) jevn kurs for havnen
Klipp mange fiender
Klipp mange fiender...

En dag ville jeg kjøpe
Rustning av lyse skalaer
Kjemp for fjerne konger

Stå med armbrødre
Edel sak holder jeg
Stødig, hold deg i kampen
Klipp mange fiender
Klipp mange fiender....

En dag ville jeg tjene
En krigers død i herlighet
Sjel til fjerne riker

Stå foran gudene
Edel for min sjel (sjel)
Stødig videre til Valhalla
Hugget av fiendemennene
Hugget av fiendemennene...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 10:25:03 AM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2021, 10:41:49 AM »
Leo patrols along the deck of the boat with his rifle at the ready as the "leif's and" makes its way out of harbor, while he isn't expecting anything to go sideways this close to a safe harbor, it never hurts to keep a watchful eye.

Spoiler: ooc goes qvack • show

I keep reading the name of the ship as "Leif's duck" and I find it hilarious.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »
The ship is moving! Dísa nearly drops the pastry she´s eating right now into the sea in excitement. She notices that by now more people are on deck, but doesn´t really know how to talk to them. Instead she starts scurrying along the rail in search for the spot with the best view. Finally she´ll get to leave boring old Iceland! She´ll still mornfully look at it while it dissappears on the horizon though.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2021, 07:13:25 PM »

Leif is meanwhile, still at the docks with the Viking-like brother. Chilling. Neither of them were leaving with the crew, and he really doesn't have anything else to tell them. He just wants to watch the ship as it leaves.

Oliver stops to listen to Saga, continues on to his room, puts the box down on the bed, then makes his way up to the deck.

Leo is momentarily distracted by the sight of a child running down the docks with a bowl of breakfast being followed by a lot of seagulls. Surprisingly there is far less screaming from the whole commotion than one would expect. There still is some though.

He returns his gaze on his niece and nephew after a quiet chuckle at the scene.

Oliver chuckles at the sight, before reaching into a pouch on his belt, taking a pebble from the small rocks, nuts, bolts and assorted fragments of the silent world it contains, and slings it at one of the seagulls, striking the bird in the ribs and sending it flying away with indignant squaks.

:sct:  "Bloody gulls, the lowest form of uninfected life in land, sea or sky" he sighs with a vehement undertone.

As the ship begins to move, Harald hums to himself, then begins singing softly.

:no:
Spoiler: show

"Moren min fortalte meg det
En dag ville jeg kjøpe
Byssa med gode årer
Seil til fjerne bredder
En dag ville jeg kjøpe (kjøpe)
Byssa med gode årer
Seil til fjerne bredder
Stå på stryket
Edelbark jeg styrer
(Jevn) jevn kurs for havnen
Klipp mange fiender
Klipp mange fiender...

En dag ville jeg kjøpe
Rustning av lyse skalaer
Kjemp for fjerne konger

Stå med armbrødre
Edel sak holder jeg
Stødig, hold deg i kampen
Klipp mange fiender
Klipp mange fiender....

En dag ville jeg tjene
En krigers død i herlighet
Sjel til fjerne riker

Stå foran gudene
Edel for min sjel (sjel)
Stødig videre til Valhalla
Hugget av fiendemennene
Hugget av fiendemennene...

As he picks up the faint traces of Harald's song, he also begins to sing, in a similarly soft tone
 :sct:
An t-àrdachadh gun sgur
Èist ri àrdachadh na mara
Tàirneanach a ’chuain
Mar a chuala mi e nuair a bha mi nam phàiste
Gun atharrachadh, gun truas
A ’briseadh air gainmheach na tràghad
An t-àrdachadh gun sgur
Èist ri àrdachadh na mara
Thig mi thugad aon uair eile
Air bàta chan eil fios aig duine againn
Le companaich chèin
An àite charaidean is theaghlach
Ach deònaich dhuinn siubhal tro na mannan rìoghail agad
Mar sin is dòcha gun lorg sinn fearann
Faded bho chuimhne
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 03:50:50 AM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #404 on: March 08, 2021, 10:16:02 PM »
She heads to the bridge with Alergo and gives Marianne a nod. "Take her out" she says, barely hiding excitement in her voice, while really hoping this was the right phrase for sailing out.
It probably is.
It's hard to misunderstand her when it's obvious the time has come to set out.
"Yes, ma'am!" Marianne responds.

The rattle of the anchor chain being drawn in alarms Mia, who fluffs up and stares at it, wide-eyed, from her perch on Marianne's shoulder.  As the boat pulls away from the dock, she flattens herself against Marianne's jacket and digs in with all four sets of claws, trembling.  Marianne takes one hand off the wheel for just a moment to give the kitten a reassuring stroke. 

"I know.  It's okay.  Just don't throw up or pee on me."
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat