Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46951 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #375 on: February 08, 2021, 09:26:33 PM »
Harald eventually emerges from the forge with a bundle of harpoons under one arm and a mug of coffee in his other hand. He sets the bundle against a wall, and elects to watch the kitchen while sipping from his coffee.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2021, 07:39:49 PM »
":is: Morning", Dísa mumbles to no specific person that may or may not be in the room when she reaches the galley. There is still coffee in the jug. She turns around, now actually checking whether someone else is here. Ludvig is, but he is drinking tea.

"Uhm, does this coffee... belong to anybody? I mean, can I just take a cup or should I make new one?"

She blinks at him, processing.

"You have something there."

She points at her own cheek, mimicking the inkstain on the doctor´s face.

Doc seems surprised that anyone is talking to him, but blinks awake. :is: "Morning! Yes! Ah, I don't... know?" He pauses, then drops his voice. "Take the coffee before anyone sees you, they'll never be able to account for the difference."

At her pointing, he scrubs at his cheek- most of the inkstain comes off. He looks a little embarrassed. "Oh! Thank you. I think I fell asleep on some notes that weren't finished drying."
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2021, 08:40:22 AM »
Doc seems surprised that anyone is talking to him, but blinks awake. :is: "Morning! Yes! Ah, I don't... know?" He pauses, then drops his voice. "Take the coffee before anyone sees you, they'll never be able to account for the difference."

At her pointing, he scrubs at his cheek- most of the inkstain comes off. He looks a little embarrassed. "Oh! Thank you. I think I fell asleep on some notes that weren't finished drying."

Dísa takes the advice and manages to pour herself a cup right before Harald enters. But looking around in the room, there seems to be only this one coffeepot anyways, so she wouldn´t have had any other chance than drinking from it.

As the forge-door opens she notices another thing: Her test-rune is gone! She nearly chokes on the coffee. Oh no, what if it did something bad and then disappeared???

While hectically looking around everywhere she asks as casually as possible: ":is: Did someone happen to see a piece of paper sticked to this door?" Since she´s pretty sure Harald can´t understand her, she repeats in brocken Finnish: ":fi: piece of picture... uhm, paper ... on the door?"
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #378 on: February 11, 2021, 11:35:23 AM »
Dísa takes the advice and manages to pour herself a cup right before Harald enters. But looking around in the room, there seems to be only this one coffeepot anyways, so she wouldn´t have had any other chance than drinking from it.

As the forge-door opens she notices another thing: Her test-rune is gone! She nearly chokes on the coffee. Oh no, what if it did something bad and then disappeared???

While hectically looking around everywhere she asks as casually as possible: ":is: Did someone happen to see a piece of paper sticked to this door?" Since she´s pretty sure Harald can´t understand her, she repeats in brocken Finnish: ":fi: piece of picture... uhm, paper ... on the door?"

Harald nods. :fi: "Not needed," he said shortly. "I added soundproofing to the workshop walls last night. Your help is appreciated, though."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2021, 08:28:48 AM »
Confused and a bit freaked out, Mia stays where Harald put her for several seconds, then hisses after his retreating back.  Having had enough of exploring for right now, she toddles back toward Marianne's cabin, only to be scooped up from behind by Marianne herself.

"THERE you are!  Look, I'll show you around later, but right now, it is too goddamn early for this shit."

Marianne makes sure the cabin door is securely closed behind them, deposits the kitten on her bed, flops back down, and pulls the pillow over her head.
Svenny settles back down as the young one is removed from the vicinity, but realises that he should probably go on a patrol or something. They haven't left yet, so should be quick.

He eats the remaining food, and pootles around the deck, checking each area quickly, skimming over the eating area where the long legs are gathering, completes his round, then stares out a window for a while; before going to introduce himself to the long legs again.

After sitting watching them yammer for a while, and getting some pets, he decides to go bask in the sun on a window ledge somewhere near the warm room. Nice and comfy again.

He's noticed that this big box they're staying in moves a little, which is confusing as they're stationary. He doesn't dwell on it though.

Spoiler: show
Svenny has never been on a boat before.... I have plans for when the ship starts moving 😉
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #380 on: February 12, 2021, 12:55:14 PM »
 Leo yawns as he sips at the coffee watching the dockyard.

After a few minutes he starts hearing people below so he pokes his head into the common area  to glance around.

:fi: "Does anyone know when we're planning to get under way?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »
Leo yawns as he sips at the coffee watching the dockyard.

After a few minutes he starts hearing people below so he pokes his head into the common area  to glance around.

:fi: "Does anyone know when we're planning to get under way?"

Harald shrugs. :fi: "That depends on Leif, doesn't it?"

doorcf

« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2021, 12:58:04 PM »
After leaving his things on his quarters Alergo decides to go to walk around the ship to see where everything was, after all knowing the ship you would travel on is very useful.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #383 on: February 13, 2021, 03:19:12 PM »
Harald nods. :fi: "Not needed," he said shortly. "I added soundproofing to the workshop walls last night. Your help is appreciated, though."

Though she didn´t understand every word Harald said, Dísa is pretty sure she got the gist of it. Phew, so that´s not a catastrophy about to happen. Though she is very interested in what Harald did instead to keep the sounds in, she can´t kick her Finnish-knowledge into working just enough to formulate a question just yet. Too short after getting up. Coffee should help.

She sits down at the table and takes sips from her cup. She pets Svenny who just came in to say good morning.

Astrid wakes up to the sound of voices and the smell of coffee. She sleepily walks into the galley, and mumbles a greeting to the room.

When she realizes Astrid is here Dísa also realizes she still has the ship-manual in her belt-pocket. She hands it to her, smiling.

":is: Morning! Here´s your manual back, thank you for lending it to me."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:01:04 PM by Mirasol »

Solokov

« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2021, 08:46:30 AM »
Harald shrugs. :fi: "That depends on Leif, doesn't it?"

Leo shrugs, :fi: "I'd argue it depends on Saga since they are our navigator. Leif is mostly the financier." he pauses to take a sip of coffee then adds, "I think."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #385 on: February 17, 2021, 10:27:58 AM »
Leo shrugs, :fi: "I'd argue it depends on Saga since they are our navigator. Leif is mostly the financier." he pauses to take a sip of coffee then adds, "I think."

:fi: "Let me know when they arrive, then," Harald says, before hoisting up his bundle of harpoons and walking out.

After leaving his things on his quarters Alergo decides to go to walk around the ship to see where everything was, after all knowing the ship you would travel on is very useful.

Harald passes by the smaller man without giving him a glance.

He heads out onto the deck, and straps the harpoon bundle securely to one of the ammunition lockers near the depth charge launcher. All the various tools to fend off a sea beast in one place.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:28:20 PM by Ragnarok »

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #386 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »
When she realizes Astrid is here Dísa also realizes she still has the ship-manual in her belt-pocket. She hands it to her, smiling.

":is: Morning! Here´s your manual back, thank you for lending it to me."

:is: "Oh! Thanks!" It takes Astrid's brain a few seconds to remember why Dísa has the manual. "I'm glad it helped! Did you get all your runes painted?"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 11:23:47 AM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #387 on: February 20, 2021, 09:18:15 AM »
:is: "Oh! Thanks!" It takes Astrid's brain a few seconds to remember why Dísa has the manual. "I'm glad it helped! Did you get all your runes painted?"

":is: Yes, I did, everything is in order now. Thank you again, this was a huge help."

Dísa pauses and tries to come up with something to talk about, but as she fails, she just says:
"Coffee is over there if you want some. Well, at least so far no one got mad at me for taking some. Do you want to sit down?"

She moves the chair she sits on a bit to the side to make space for Astrid.

Solokov

« Reply #388 on: February 22, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »
:fi: Let me know when they arrive, then," Harald says, before hoisting up his bundle of harpoons and walking out.

Leo sips his coffee before responding, :fi: "I think Saga is already onboard, our financier isn't here though. " He slips out of the galley and resumes his leaning against the gunnel of the boat and watches the growing activity in the harbour.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:18:41 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #389 on: February 22, 2021, 06:35:43 PM »
":is: Yes, I did, everything is in order now. Thank you again, this was a huge help."

Dísa pauses and tries to come up with something to talk about, but as she fails, she just says:
"Coffee is over there if you want some. Well, at least so far no one got mad at me for taking some. Do you want to sit down?"

She moves the chair she sits on a bit to the side to make space for Astrid.

:is: "Thanks!" Astrid goes to grab some coffee, then pulls a chair up next to Dísa. :is: "So, we're leaving today. It's never really felt real until now," says Astrid, trying to avoid awkward silence.
Fluent in :us: and :fr: