Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46961 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #315 on: January 05, 2021, 05:44:38 PM »
Leif decides to laugh along with James' joke. :gb: "I will let you add the milk as you please," he says, putting a kettle to boil.

He takes a look at the talisman Sara is holding up. "I am not sure our mage has something like that... She is on the ship, I would assume. If there are no other pressing matters we should deal with here, perhaps we should go meet her immediately, and have the tea later... You were only here for the paperwork, James?" he asks.

James simply replies with :eng: "Yes, just that and to meet you and the crew." as he gets up.

Sara turns the stone over in her hand, puts it back in the pouch and stands up, saying  :eng: "I'm sure I can work something out with the mage. Lead the way, our new norse friend."
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #316 on: January 05, 2021, 06:05:25 PM »

James simply replies with :eng: "Yes, just that and to meet you and the crew." as he gets up.

Sara turns the stone over in her hand, puts it back in the pouch and stands up, saying  :eng: "I'm sure I can work something out with the mage. Lead the way, our new norse friend."

Leif gives her an elegant bow and leads them outside. After locking the office, he shows them the way to the ship. :gb: "My family has always owned a shipyard, so finding and properly equipping a ship to fit the standards was reasonably easy to do. I am personally not an expert in the field, but I knew enough properly educated people to be able to prepare the ship according to the standards of the Norwegian and Icelandic navies. The ship runs on solar and wind power, has a sturdy hull that our mage has been painting various runes of protection on, and has a depth charge launcher installed for dealing with the threats. We have done everything we could to ensure the safety and sustainability of the journey. Hopefully, the efforts will show and everybody will come back safely."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #317 on: January 05, 2021, 06:16:58 PM »
Astrid woke up with a start. She hadn't meant to fall asleep! What time was it? She hadn't taken a clock of any kind. Realizing that that was something she should probably equip herself with, she stood up and exited her cabin, hoping that she had enough time to find one.

Spoiler: show
It shouldn't take Astrid too long to find a clock of some kind, I just wanted to add that to her supplies :P
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #318 on: January 06, 2021, 12:53:43 AM »
Well, her cabin is in absolute chaos, but Marianne saw it already anyways, so she might as well come in. Dísa gestures her to come inside while cursing herself for not being able to keep a room clean for more than five minutes.

":is: Thank you for the offer but... I´m not a great fan of alcohol." Wait, was it rude to decline? Whatever, too late, change the subject. "Do you know what this cat´s name is?" She points at the crew´s Grade B-cat while taking a bit of lambmeat out of her leftover-bag. Food lures out scared cats most of the time.

"Hey, it´s ok, no one wanted to hurt you", she tells the cat on her bed while offering him the lamb.

She hands Marianne the bag. "Maybe he´ll forgive you if you feed him. You can take some of this if you want to."

Marianne extracts a nugget of lamb, bites off half of it, and puts the other half close enough to Svenny's face that he can easily see and smell it but not so close that it looks like she's trying to grab him.

"It's Sven, I think.  I heard the navigator call him Svenny."

Mia chooses that moment to scramble to the ground and make a beeline for Disa's bed and Svenny's gobbet of meat.  Marianne grabs her just before she can jump up into the older cat's face and unceremoniously stuffs her back in her pocket.

"And this little brat is--"

"MIIIIIIIAAAAA!!!!"

"Yeah. Mia."
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2021, 08:00:42 AM »
Svenny raises his head at the smell of the meat, and takes it happily from the nice one. A big burly long-legs, he assumes the one who collided with him, tries the same. He gingerly goes to take it, then a small young one erupts from nowhere and bolts for the food, screaming. It can have the food. Svenny edges towards to nice one and away from the burly one.

Svenny wasn't hiding. He flopped onto the bed spread-eagled, in an air of "that was an experience, I need a lie down".
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2021, 09:51:14 AM »
Marianne extracts a nugget of lamb, bites off half of it, and puts the other half close enough to Svenny's face that he can easily see and smell it but not so close that it looks like she's trying to grab him.

"It's Sven, I think.  I heard the navigator call him Svenny."

Mia chooses that moment to scramble to the ground and make a beeline for Disa's bed and Svenny's gobbet of meat.  Marianne grabs her just before she can jump up into the older cat's face and unceremoniously stuffs her back in her pocket.

"And this little brat is--"

"MIIIIIIIAAAAA!!!!"

"Yeah. Mia."

":is: Aww. Both names are adorable!"

Svenny raises his head at the smell of the meat, and takes it happily from the nice one. A big burly long-legs, he assumes the one who collided with him, tries the same. He gingerly goes to take it, then a small young one erupts from nowhere and bolts for the food, screaming. It can have the food. Svenny edges towards to nice one and away from the burly one.

Svenny wasn't hiding. He flopped onto the bed spread-eagled, in an air of "that was an experience, I need a lie down".

When Svenny has eaten his food Dísa takes the rest of the lamb out of the bag. It´s basically just one single bite, no need keeping that one around. It seems to be a soft piece, so she offers it to Mia.

"Here, then you don´t have to steal from poor Svenny."

She looks up to Marianne. "It´s ok if I give her this, right?"

Sorry, I didn´t really understand what you ment with that. I don´t really know how to fix it though. Let´s just say that´s what Dísa thought because the next free spot to lie down happened to be in the middle of a bunch of stuff laying on the bed. Is that ok with you?
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

doorcf

« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2021, 11:03:13 AM »
Saga quietly listens and lets him talk uninterrupted.

:no: "Aww, they're cute. I'm not sure if we have space for them... We could ask Leif." Saga takes the documents from Alergo, takes a seat and starts reading through the papers.
From what she knows of the Swedish cleansers, this is neither particularly impressive nor lousy. He did seem to be coming with all the recommendations he promised... and Leif didn't react to his card, so that isn't a fake, either... But then again, is a Sergeant really a rank high enough to be taken on as a commander for this... She really wishes Leif was there with her. Knowing him, he's probably preaching something to poor Dísa.
But he also knows a foreign language... and unlike Leif's original assumption, he isn't an atheist, so he won't be annoying them for relying on a mage...
He is also friendly and agreeable enough, it seems. She could work with him as her boss, probably. He didn't seem unreasonable, only headstrong...

I really wish Leif was here.

Leif would probably say yes, knowing him.
Alergo remain in his sit without talking, petting one of his cats while waiting for Saga's decision.

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »
Leif gives her an elegant bow and leads them outside. After locking the office, he shows them the way to the ship. :gb: "My family has always owned a shipyard, so finding and properly equipping a ship to fit the standards was reasonably easy to do. I am personally not an expert in the field, but I knew enough properly educated people to be able to prepare the ship according to the standards of the Norwegian and Icelandic navies. The ship runs on solar and wind power, has a sturdy hull that our mage has been painting various runes of protection on, and has a depth charge launcher installed for dealing with the threats. We have done everything we could to ensure the safety and sustainability of the journey. Hopefully, the efforts will show and everybody will come back safely."

Both of the scots laugh quietly at the bow, quickly salute in response then follow him out.

Sara listens intently as they walk, noticably slowing to keep pace with Leif despite being only a little taller. James does the same at first, but breaks off after a while, soon returning with Oliver and Emily following behind him.  :sct: "Why were you in a library? Neither of you can read Icelandic, and only one of you can speak it, and not very well."

:sct:  "We wanted to see if they had a copy of the book they were making about the Argyll survey, so we could see my illustrations in print, but they don't have one yet, and Olly had to explain why two soldiers in their early 20's were only looking at the pictures of every book they picked up" replies the black haired woman, her cloud-grey eyes taking in the docks around her before glancing over at Leif, she asks to James and Oliver  :sct: "Who's the scrawny guy talking about ships? I presume he's not coming with you, Olly, he looks like he'd blow away in a strong breeze."

:sct: "Nah, he's just financing and organising it. Name's Leif. Don't know much else about him."
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2021, 01:07:21 AM »
":is: Aww. Both names are adorable!"

When Svenny has eaten his food Dísa takes the rest of the lamb out of the bag. It´s basically just one single bite, no need keeping that one around. It seems to be a soft piece, so she offers it to Mia.

"Here, then you don´t have to steal from poor Svenny."

She looks up to Marianne. "It´s ok if I give her this, right?"

:is: "Of course."

Marianne holds Mia out so she can take the bite of meat off Disa's palm.  It doesn't all fit in her mouth at once and promptly falls to the floor when she opens up to hiss at Svenny again.

"Hey, be nice!  Sorry about her, Sven.  I was worried you might bully her, but it looks like it might be the other way around.  I'll take her away now."

Marianne removes the little punk to her own cabin and shuts the door.
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2021, 05:23:48 AM »
Svenny watches the young one closely as it takes the meat, is tucked away, and taken out of the room. He relaxes, and settles down to get comfy. Ah, peaceful again.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #325 on: January 09, 2021, 05:33:02 AM »
Alergo remain in his sit without talking, petting one of his cats while waiting for Saga's decision.

:no: "This all seems to be in order..." Saga says. "But you do know you won't be allowed to bring any grossling samples on the ship, right?"

Both of the scots laugh quietly at the bow, quickly salute in response then follow him out.

Sara listens intently as they walk, noticably slowing to keep pace with Leif despite being only a little taller. James does the same at first, but breaks off after a while, soon returning with Oliver and Emily following behind him.  :sct: "Why were you in a library? Neither of you can read Icelandic, and only one of you can speak it, and not very well."

:sct:  "We wanted to see if they had a copy of the book they were making about the Argyll survey, so we could see my illustrations in print, but they don't have one yet, and Olly had to explain why two soldiers in their early 20's were only looking at the pictures of every book they picked up" replies the black haired woman, her cloud-grey eyes taking in the docks around her before glancing over at Leif, she asks to James and Oliver  :sct: "Who's the scrawny guy talking about ships? I presume he's not coming with you, Olly, he looks like he'd blow away in a strong breeze."

:sct: "Nah, he's just financing and organising it. Name's Leif. Don't know much else about him."

:gb: "There she is" Leif says as they arrive to the ship. He climbs aboard to look for Dísa. He doesn't see her through the glass windows of the bridge, so he heads down.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #326 on: January 09, 2021, 01:02:38 PM »
Svenny watches the young one closely as it takes the meat, is tucked away, and taken out of the room. He relaxes, and settles down to get comfy. Ah, peaceful again.

Dísa says goodbye to Marianne and is alone in her room again. Well, except for Svenny. She picks up the rest of meat that fell out of Mia´s mouth. Probably no one still wants to eat that... she puts it back in the bag and decides to throw it away later. She leaves the piece of meat Marianne gave Svenny though, in case he still wants it.

Alright, she should maybe clean up a bit, in case someone else wants to come in. Though, from what she sees, the bed has to be folded up to get to the storage underneath. And Svenny is on the bed. Oh well. She elects to just stuff most things back into the backpack and leave the cat be. Ah yes, perfect. Now back to work.

There are still some runes she needs to draw. Best would be to get something like a blueprint of the ship to make sure she doesn´t forget anything. Astrid probably has such a thing. When leaving her cabin she doesn´t completely close the door so Svenny can leave if he wants to.

She can´t find Astrid anywhere on the ship. Only Ludvig who is busy filling a spare cabin with medic-stuff and Harald in his forge. She decides to not disturb either of them and walks back through the corridor with the cabins.
Probably the mechanic went shopping. Dísa herself should also still go buy a flashlight, otherwise reading at night will prove to be difficult. Except for the one on the ceiling, there is no light in the cabins. But she has no money left, so that´s something she´ll have to deal with. There might be spare flashlights in the storage though.

On her way there she runs into Leif, followed by Oliver and three people she doesn´t know. The other man looks a lot like Oliver, probably these people are his family. She greets them, and moves to the side to let them through.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 06:26:44 AM by Mirasol »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #327 on: January 09, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
On her way there she runs into Leif, followed by Oliver and three people she doesn´t know. The other man looks a lot like Oliver, probably these people are his family. She greets them, and moves to the side to let them through.

:is: "Ah, no. We were looking for you" Leif says, very much not leaving. :gb: "This would be our mage, Dísa" he declares. :is: "Dísa, I've found one mage that you can contact. Her name is Sara" he politely introduces her.

doorcf

« Reply #328 on: January 09, 2021, 04:34:38 PM »
:no: "This all seems to be in order..." Saga says. "But you do know you won't be allowed to bring any grossling samples on the ship, right?"

:dk: "It will make things harder for my research but fair, security comes first when dealing with thre rash" - says Alergo - "That said, how many of the crew are immune and how many are not?"

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #329 on: January 09, 2021, 05:38:23 PM »
:is: "Ah, no. We were looking for you" Leif says, very much not leaving. :gb: "This would be our mage, Dísa" he declares. :is: "Dísa, I've found one mage that you can contact. Her name is Sara" he politely introduces her.

"Oh. Ah, hello, nice to meet you! So you´re a British mage? Scottish mage? That´s so cool, I´ve never worked with... well anyone who wasn´t an Icelandic mage before." Stop rambling, be professional. "I mean... Awesome that you let me contact you. How do I find you in the Dreamspace?"