Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46939 times)

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #225 on: December 24, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »
:gb: "Please don't."

:is: "Let's go eat" she says, entering the restaurant.

Doc quickly follows, attempting to stay under the radar. No one pay attention to him... no fights...

Oliver slips past doc, through the door, heads for the largest unoccupied table, picks up a menu, and says  :eng: "For duck's sake, I'm going to ask Saga what the sounds these words make" at a reasonable volume, although a few of the restaurant's customers look up in suprise at the sudden entrance of a messily dressed soldier speaking a non-scandinavian language that clearly isn't Finnish.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:00:45 PM by R.M.S.N.P »
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #226 on: December 24, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »

Harald follows Oliver to the table, looks at his menu, and grimaces before looking towards Doc.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #227 on: December 25, 2020, 11:56:23 AM »
Saga sits next to Harald and Oliver, with Leif following and sitting next to her. She quickly realizes the issues and starts translating for Harald. Harald first, Oliver at least spoke Icelandic.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #228 on: December 25, 2020, 12:38:34 PM »
:is: "I'm Ludvig," says Doc, translating to Norwegian as well. "Ah, Dr. Ludvig Nyman. Technically."

:is: "...Fish," says Doc. "There was fish fraud. It's over. It's fine. I didn't get thrown in the harbor again so it all turned out okay..."

Dísa nods affirmatively as Ludvig explains, though she raises her eyebrows at that last bit. again? What on earth did he do???

Saga looks at him, looks at Leif's smug grin, connects the dots and sighs. :is: "Next time, inform the authorities, please. There's a proper way to do things."
:is: "And where's the fun in that?" Oliver asks rather jokingly. "I'm sure a quick fight would have sorted it all out." he says, with the look of a man fully aware of how annoying he's being.

":is: Yes... As you see, someone was too fast at feeding the flames for that.", she sais, trying to hide how well Oliver´s annoyingness is working on her.

She follows the others to the table. As she sees that Saga is handling the translating and explaining, Dísa focusses on her own menu.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #229 on: December 25, 2020, 02:02:06 PM »
There is a quiet commotion at the entryway to the restaurant as Leo checks his rifle with the doorman like it was a coat. The commotion is not from him, or even the doorman, it's a middle aged woman with a strikingly hawkish haircut has gotten in his face and is loudly speaking :dk: "You, you can't just bring a gun into a restaurant like that."

Leo stays silent as the doorman scolds the patron, :dk: "He's not waving it around like a crazy, he handed it off. You must be from mora or something, Everyone in the harbor towns carry weapons. Quit making a scene or I'll have you trespassed."

The woman's ire turns towards the doorman as he hands off a claim ticket to Leo. The moment the angry lady's attention is off him he slips past the angered woman to the table where everyone else that has arrived is already seated and he slides into an empty seat and begins browsing the menu.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:14:11 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »
Dísa nods affirmatively as Ludvig explains, though she raises her eyebrows at that last bit. again? What on earth did he do???

":is: Yes... As you see, someone was too fast at feeding the flames for that.", she sais, trying to hide how well Oliver´s annoyingness is working on her.

She follows the others to the table. As she sees that Saga is handling the translating and explaining, Dísa focusses on her own menu.

Doc shrinks from the raised eyebrows and hides behind the menu. :is: "Have you been here before?" he asks Leif. "Do you have any food recommendations?"
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2020, 01:11:43 PM »
Doc shrinks from the raised eyebrows and hides behind the menu. :is: "Have you been here before?" he asks Leif. "Do you have any food recommendations?"

:is: "Well, you can go full traditional and order a fermented shark" Leif brightly says. "But I would recommend lamb. They roast it amazingly here. Or fish, if you'd prefer that... ask what they caught lately when waiter comes. Or just order hotdogs. Leo, what trouble did you cause at the entrance?" he asks him.
:is: "No trouble, someone's just panicking about the weapons" Saga absentmindedly explains, since she assumed the man doesn't speak Icelandic from before, when he tried to talk to her in Finnish. She switches back to Norwegian and finishes translating and explaining foods on the menu for Harald.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 01:14:32 PM by Kitty »

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »
:is: "Well, you can go full traditional and order a fermented shark" Leif brightly says. "But I would recommend lamb. They roast it amazingly here. Or fish, if you'd prefer that... ask what they caught lately when waiter comes. Or just order hotdogs. Leo, what trouble did you cause at the entrance?" he asks him.
 :is: "No trouble, someone's just panicking about the weapons" Saga absentmindedly explains, since she assumed the man doesn't speak Icelandic from before, when he tried to talk to her in Finnish. She switches back to Norwegian and finishes translating and explaining foods on the menu for Harald.

On the mention of fermented shark, Oliver seems a lot more interested in what the menu says, even if he can't work out what sounds the letters make to match them with the words he knows how to say.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2020, 02:50:10 PM »

Dísa listens to Leif´s recommendations as well. Fermented shark? No thanks, she had the pleasure once before and had decided it was not something she needed to repeat. And fish? Nah, she would have to eat enough of that for the following months and has eaten enough of it for the past several years. And Leif pays, so something nice for once would be great.

"I´ll have the lamb, please", she sais as the waiter arrives at their table.

On the mention of fermented shark, Oliver seems a lot more interested in what the menu says, even if he can't work out what sounds the letters make to match them with the words he knows how to say.

She decides to not warn the very excited-looking Oliver about the shark, since she´s still a bit mad at him.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

doorcf

« Reply #234 on: December 26, 2020, 02:52:42 PM »
Finally after deciding what to eat (and silently cursing at his lack of Icelandic language knowledge) Alergo makes his order and wait for it come.

:dk: I really hope I can get into this expedition, it would really help my research. Ah, so many variables, damn it.

Says Alergo to himself while looking at the roof and crossing his arms to wait. Then he turns to the huge group on the other table.

:es: Well at lesat they aren't fighting as I feared. That said, how much explosives should I get if I go?

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #235 on: December 26, 2020, 03:25:28 PM »
Harald thanks Saga and orders a burger, rare.

The burger that arrives when the waiter brings out the food is approximately the size of Harald's head.

This does not stop it from vanishing in a single moment when nobody is looking at Harald.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:27:46 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #236 on: December 26, 2020, 03:30:46 PM »
Saga and Leif both ordered themselves some lamb. Once it arrives, they eat slowly and reasonably well-mannered. And not suspiciously or weirdly like Harald.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
« Reply #237 on: December 26, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
Doc orders the lamb, eating it with the vigor of an academic. Free food. Yess....

Although he's a bit unfamiliar with the flavors, anything he doesn't have to pay for is perfect. He's... out of money. Right now.
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #238 on: December 26, 2020, 07:04:20 PM »
Saga is hiding how awkward she's feeling by silently eating. She will travel with these people and she already got a two-page summary of their lives. She saw enough bare basics to make her consider "so which college did you go to" a bad question, but not enough to really... know what really interests these people? Aside from Doc, she could already figure the man really likes and knows a lot about fish. But she had a feeling he'll talk about it, probably unprompted, a lot during their journey.
She knows next to nothing about Harald, but it would be awkward to ask him stuff, too. He seems like a silent type.
Dísa...? She wonders if stuff like knitting or maps interest the mage, but asking about her favourite type of thread also sounded as an awkward question when they're surrounded by men.
Unless she has a completely wrong idea and the boys like sewing, too.

Not very likely it's a common topic, is it?

:is: "So... what's the south like?" she tries with Oliver. Pirates and grosslings was about all she had, and if others get interested in conversation, they can hold a pleasant chat about nice lands they come from. Right? Lands are nice. She has maps to prove it.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #239 on: December 26, 2020, 07:10:29 PM »

Leo listens to Saga's explanation on his behalf, shrugs at Leif and resumes browsing the menu, he ends up holding up the menu for the waiter to see and points at a hamburger and fries combo, as well as a condiment dubiously called "habenero ranch".

The resulting burger is far smaller than what Harold had ordered, and the condiment cup smells of strong smoky spices in a creamy looking sauce, but Leo dips his wedge fries with it with no complaint to the spicyness of it. While he did not necessarily eat his meal with the swiftness of a soldier in the field, Leo does occasionally subtly peer around the room to keep an appraising eye on the situation.

Meanwhile at the door of the restaurant, the loud Danish woman is in fact being trespassed and the police have arrived to remove her from the premises after continuing to make a scene about how there's no need for firearms in a safe zone.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.