Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46946 times)

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
  • Preferred pronouns: she/hers
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Harald shakes his head. :no: "Not beyond basic first aid. I could make a prosthetic if someone loses a limb, but medically speaking...I am not qualified."

:no: "Even first aid can be, ah, helpful." Doc winces. He just hopes no one loses a limb...

The restaurant Leif invited them to is quite easy to find, since Harald is standing in front of it, chatting with a slightly distressed-looking Doctor. Leif himself isn´t here yet. She smiles at the two others and stops next to them, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

:no: "..Good afternoon! Thank you for the help with the uh... altercation, earlier." Doc repeats it in icelandic, not sure which Dísa prefers. "You're part of the crew, yes? I'm not sure I got your name?" He turns to Harald. "Or yours?"

:is: "Oh, look, half of you showed up" Leif says friendly as they arrive. "Hello."

:is: "Hi" Saga says, too. "What trouble did you cause?" she asks.

:is: "...trouble?" Doc tries to look innocent. It doesn't quite work.

Harald stares at the Icelandic with blank incomprehension, and elects to wait until someone translates.

Doc, assuming that Harald only speaks norwegian, translates.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 06:51:37 PM by amaranthineamusement »
Geologist | Writer | Artist

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

- Terry Pratchett - Reaper Man

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2020, 10:16:39 PM »
Tryggvi stops her in her way to the fishmonger. :is: "Is there a problem, ma'am?" he asks.

:is: "Do you work here? I need to buy fish! Why are they leaving?"
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2020, 10:31:17 PM »
:no: "Even first aid can be, ah, helpful." Doc winces. He just hopes no one loses a limb...

:no: "..Good afternoon! Thank you for the help with the uh... altercation, earlier." Doc repeats it in icelandic, not sure which Dísa prefers. "You're part of the crew, yes? I'm not sure I got your name?" He turns to Harald. "Or yours?"

:no: "Harald," Harald supplies.

Alergo enters the restaurant to find the sight of to men staring at each other. Going to the side to evade a potential fight, Alergo takes a seat while still reading the paper he has while waiting for a waiter to take his order.

Harald briefly takes note of the new arrival, then goes back to his conversation with the others.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2020, 07:01:47 AM »

Dísa looks a bit lost as the Doctor adresses her in Norwegian, but once he repeats in Icelandic she smiles at him. ":is: Sorry, I don´t speak Norwegian. But... uh, you´re welcome. We´re coworkers now, after all. Yes, I´m your crew´s mage, Dísa. I also used to work as a fisher before I got this position. You´re our Medic, right? What is your name again? I´m sorry, I´m really bad with names."

:is: "Oh, look, half of you showed up" Leif says friendly as they arrive. "Hello."

:is: "Hi" Saga says, too. "What trouble did you cause?" she asks.

Dísa looks at the Doctor who seems to be trying to look as uninvolved as possible. "I wouldn´t call it troube... I mean...", she mumbles and looks to her feet. "We were helping! In a way..."

Alergo enters the restaurant to find the sight of to men staring at each other. Going to the side to evade a potential fight, Alergo takes a seat while still reading the paper he has while waiting for a waiter to take his order.

Dísa steps a bit to the side to let the man through. It might be a kind of bad spot for talking right in front of the restaurant´s door.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:00:18 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
Once more, Leif stands to the side, casually not interrupting. He is very good at that, it seems.

Saga raises her eyebrows at the two. Ludvig and Dísa... Hmmm... She picks Ludvig and calmly stares at him, waiting for an explanation.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #215 on: December 23, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
:is: "Do you work here? I need to buy fish! Why are they leaving?"

:is: "No. He was selling fish under false name and broke a few health codes as well. There are other fishmongers. Carry on" Tryggvi says.

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #216 on: December 23, 2020, 11:16:46 AM »
Leo kneels down and rubs Svenny's ears for a moment before holding out his hands in front of the cat,  :fi: "Food and water?" He motions with his left hand, " or people?" he motions with his right hand.
Svenny licks the appendage proffered to him, and sniffs slightly before gently opening his mouth slightly around a digit, testing the skin with his teeth...
Spoiler: show
My cat does this as a warning that he is grumpy, stop playing with me I'm hungry. If I continue to play he goes for a nip before running off. You have been warned 😉
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #217 on: December 23, 2020, 03:46:51 PM »
Svenny licks the appendage proffered to him, and sniffs slightly before gently opening his mouth slightly around a digit, testing the skin with his teeth...
Spoiler: show
My cat does this as a warning that he is grumpy, stop playing with me I'm hungry. If I continue to play he goes for a nip before running off. You have been warned 😉

Leo arches an eyebrow. :fi: "..... you're grumpy... or have less training than I'm accustomed to..."

He clicks his tongue to indicate Svenny should follow him and stalks off to the galley to prepare a bowl of water and food for the cat. As an afterthought he attaches a note to the cat food itself that reads :is: "The cat has been fed, he is lying." and returns it to the lockable cabinet it was in.

With the cat fed and watered he takes off for the prospect of free food.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

phyrestorm999

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her
« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »
:is: "No. He was selling fish under false name and broke a few health codes as well. There are other fishmongers. Carry on" Tryggvi says.

Marianne is already walking away before the man finishes speaking. 

So that's why that guy's fish was always so cheap.  I don't know why I thought buying raw fish was a good idea anyway.  This kit is hungry NOW.  I should try a restaurant.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 04:48:36 AM by phyrestorm999 »
Miranda
5/17/2001 - 7/14/2018
Beautiful Fighter, Loyal Friend, Badass Cat

Fuzipeg

• Scout
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »
Leo arches an eyebrow. :fi: "..... you're grumpy... or have less training than I'm accustomed to..."

He clicks his tongue to indicate Svenny should follow him and stalks off to the galley to prepare a bowl of water and food for the cat. As an afterthought he attaches a note to the cat food itself that reads :is: "The cat has been fed, he is lying." and returns it to the lockable cabinet it was in.

With the cat fed and watered he takes off for the prospect of free food.

Svenny drinks first, then looks around at the long-legs before tucking into the food in the bowl. Sated, he walks back to the warm place for another long sleep.

He falls asleep thinking why is it that every time something happens on this assignment, it's a different person? Who is he supposed to bond with? Oh well, it's only the beginning, and most seem friendly. He sighs and drifts off to sleep. The place is quiet, just the slow creaking of this structure.
From the :gb: , and I'm into a lot of things.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #220 on: December 24, 2020, 05:59:20 PM »

Dísa looks a bit lost as the Doctor adresses her in Norwegian, but once he repeats in Icelandic she smiles at him. ":is: Sorry, I don´t speak Norwegian. But... uh, you´re welcome. We´re coworkers now, after all. Yes, I´m your crew´s mage, Dísa. I also used to work as a fisher before I got this position. You´re our Medic, right? What is your name again? I´m sorry, I´m really bad with names."

:is: "I'm Ludvig," says Doc, translating to Norwegian as well. "Ah, Dr. Ludvig Nyman. Technically."

Once more, Leif stands to the side, casually not interrupting. He is very good at that, it seems.

Saga raises her eyebrows at the two. Ludvig and Dísa... Hmmm... She picks Ludvig and calmly stares at him, waiting for an explanation.

Dísa looks at the Doctor who seems to be trying to look as uninvolved as possible. "I wouldn´t call it troube... I mean...", she mumbles and looks to her feet. "We were helping! In a way..."

Dísa steps a bit to the side to let the man through. It might be a kind of bad spot for talking right in front of the restaurant´s door.

:is: "...Fish," says Doc. "There was fish fraud. It's over. It's fine. I didn't get thrown in the harbor again so it all turned out okay..."

“What’s the good of having mastery over cosmic balance and knowing the secrets of fate if you can’t blow something up?’”

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #221 on: December 24, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »

:is: "I'm Ludvig," says Doc, translating to Norwegian as well. "Ah, Dr. Ludvig Nyman. Technically."

:is: "...Fish," says Doc. "There was fish fraud. It's over. It's fine. I didn't get thrown in the harbor again so it all turned out okay..."

Saga looks at him, looks at Leif's smug grin, connects the dots and sighs. :is: "Next time, inform the authorities, please. There's a proper way to do things."

R.M.S.N.P

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Person by day, asleep by night.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/that idiot/ Anything else you feel like using
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »
Saga looks at him, looks at Leif's smug grin, connects the dots and sighs. :is: "Next time, inform the authorities, please. There's a proper way to do things."

:is: "And where's the fun in that?" Oliver asks rather jokingly. "I'm sure a quick fight would have sorted it all out." he says, with the look of a man fully aware of how annoying he's being.
:gb:-Native speaker
:fr:-conversational (once upon a time (2 years ago))
:fi:-basics
old english (wessex)-some
:ru:-can swear

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2020, 06:22:10 PM »

:is: "And where's the fun in that?" Oliver asks rather jokingly. "I'm sure a quick fight would have sorted it all out." he says, with the look of a man fully aware of how annoying he's being.

:gb: "Please don't."

:is: "Let's go eat" she says, entering the restaurant.

amaranthineamusement

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • call me Am
« Reply #224 on: December 24, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »
:gb: "Please don't."

:is: "Let's go eat" she says, entering the restaurant.

Doc quickly follows, attempting to stay under the radar. No one pay attention to him... no fights...