Author Topic: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play  (Read 46938 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Unified Roleplay Round 3: Play
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Alright, Kalsea was not an Icelandic name, but Saga knows for a fact it also isn't Finnish. :no: "I don't speak Finnish" she says directly. "Please use your other language" she says.

Other people seem to be beginning to chat and relax, nobody has anything else to say...
"Let's head for the ship, then" she says in both Norwegian and Icelandic.

As she heads for the door, she is interrupted by Leif.
:is: "Uh, Saga, you're not really thinking of being the captain, are you?" he asks her.
She stares him down and replies quietly.

:is: "Get to work, Leif."

With that, she leads the group to the docks and their ship, clearly expecting and demanding to be followed.
Marianne walks off halfway through the Norwegian version of the speech.  She knows where Dock 5 is, and the sooner she boards the ship, the better her chances are of securing at least a semi-private place to sleep.

As people draw closer, they start to hear the sound of metal striking metal repeatedly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 11:35:15 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2020, 12:22:01 AM »
Alright, Kalsea was not an Icelandic name, but Saga knows for a fact it also isn't Finnish. :no: "I don't speak Finnish" she says directly. "Please use your other language" she says.

Other people seem to be beginning to chat and relax, nobody has anything else to say...
"Let's head for the ship, then" she says in both Norwegian and Icelandic.

As she heads for the door, she is interrupted by Leif.
:is: "Uh, Saga, you're not really thinking of being the captain, are you?" he asks her.
She stares him down and replies quietly.

:is: "Get to work, Leif."

With that, she leads the group to the docks and their ship, clearly expecting and demanding to be followed.

Leo silently watches the group stalk off before entering the office and stepping up to the desk.

:fi: "Paramedic Leo Kalsea reporting." He sets a packet of documents down on the table, it looks to be a set of the the paperwork that was supposed to have been sent out to every member of the expedition detailing the work, as well as the releases of liability, profit shares, etc. It's in duplicate, one copy apparently having been translated into Finnish. Both are filled out and signed the same way, both by Leo, but also by a third party witness, and stamped with the seal of the Mora council office notary public. It appears that, at least based off the paperwork that his closest living relatives are a niece and nephew living adopted with a family in Iceland.

In the requests and considerations portion of the paperwork Leo has written in "request for first rights to examine and catalogue any weapons technologies discovered and recovered, particularly examples of pre-rash equipment."

He also produces his passport for inspection. It appears Leo's most recent port of entry stamp is Iceland and that he has followed all customs procedures.

He points at the spot for Leif to sign, :fi: "Need your signature here for this paperwork to be legal."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 03:32:21 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
As people draw closer, they start to hear the sound of metal striking metal repeatedly.

Saga almost allows herself to show visible concern. Harald probably isn't dismantling the ship.
Probably.
Still, she hurries it up a bit, boarding the ship, followed by the group.
:no: "Welcome aboard Leif's Ånd. Helmswomen Astrid and Marianne, that cabin ahead is the bridge. Please inspect if everything is up to your standards inside after I finish giving the tour" she says, before heading inside. She opens the door and enters the storage area. "The storage should have enough food to last us several journeys - just in case. We don't have a medical bay, but have packed medical equipment that Leif said you and doctor Kalsea recommended. Please check if you have everything, and if something is missing and not up to standard, immediately go back to Leif or me and report it." At this point, she speaks louder to be heard over whatever Harald was doing. "Here is the kitchen, common room, cabins, toilets. Astrid, please follow me to the engine and inspect it to see if it's all working properly."

With that, and hopefully followed by Astrid, Saga enters the last room before the engine to see what in the world was Harald up to.

--------
Leo silently watches the group stalk off before entering the office and stepping up to the desk.

:fi: "Paramedic Leo Kalsea reporting." He sets a packet of documents down on the table, it looks to be a set of the the paperwork that was supposed to have been sent out to every member of the expedition detailing the work, as well as the releases of liability, profit shares, etc. It's in duplicate, one copy apparently having been translated into Finnish. Both are filled out and signed the same way, both by Leo, but also by a third party witness, and stamped with the seal of the Mora council office notary public. It appears that, at least based off the paperwork that his closest living relatives are a niece and nephew living adopted with a family in Iceland.

In the requests and considerations portion of the paperwork Leo has written in "request for first rights to examine and catalogue any weapons technologies discovered and recovered, particularly examples of pre-rash equipment."

He also produces his passport for inspection. It appears Leo's most recent port of entry stamp is Iceland and that he has followed all customs procedures.

He points at the spot for Leif to sign, :fi: "Need your signature here for this paperwork to be legal."

Leif flips through the documents, very clearly not taking any writing equipment. He was not about to sign something he can only read half of. :is: "I don't understand Finnish, but judging from this and our previous correspondence, I assume you do speak Icelandic. I am not signing anything until you confirm what these papers are."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2020, 10:54:19 AM »
Saga almost allows herself to show visible concern. Harald probably isn't dismantling the ship.
Probably.
:no: "Welcome aboard Leif's Ånd. Helmswomen Astrid and Marianne, that cabin ahead is the bridge. Please inspect if everything is up to your standards inside after I finish giving the tour" she says, before heading inside. She opens the door and enters the storage area. "The storage should have enough food to last us several journeys - just in case. We don't have a medical bay, but have packed medical equipment that Leif said you and doctor Kalsea recommended. Please check if you have everything, and if something is missing and not up to standard, immediately go back to Leif or me and report it." At this point, she speaks louder to be heard over whatever Harald was doing. "Here is the kitchen, common room, cabins, toilets. Astrid, please follow me to the engine and inspect it to see if it's all working properly."

With that, and hopefully followed by Astrid, Saga enters the last room before the engine to see what in the world was Harald up to.

--------
Leif flips through the documents, very clearly not taking any writing equipment. He was not about to sign something he can only read half of. :is: "I don't understand Finnish, but judging from this and our previous correspondence, I assume you do speak Icelandic. I am not signing anything until you confirm what these papers are."

Leo sighs, pinches the bridge of his nose and points at the paperwork in Finnish, and speaks slowly as though explaining to a child, that or someone ho isn't comfortable with the language and wants to make sure they are clear on the words, :is: "This," he then points to the original paperwork that Leif had sent him, "is translated, notarized, copy of this. Any contract dispute due to translation is paid out by council office in Mora, they did translation."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »
Probably.

Harald has somehow, in the ten minutes he's been out of sight, set up an entire smithy in the workshop, complete with forge, bellows, anvil, and every other conceivable tool. He's even managed to bolt his equipment to the floor.
The big man puts down his hammer as the door opens and a wave of heat from the forge smacks those standing in front of said door in the face. He inspects the barbed harpoon head on his anvil, nods, and drops it into a quenching bucket with a pair of tongs. After waiting for a bit, he retrieves it, and sets it in a basket with a half-dozen others, to be sharpened later. Another basket is full of arrowheads in a similar unsharpened state.
:no: "Can I help you?" he asks Saga. "Before you ask what I am doing: it occurred to me you might doubt whether or not I actually possessed the skill I stated." He shrugs. "That, and I doubt either the Scotsman or the sailors brought extra supplies for their personal weapons. I had the metal handy. And before you ask how: I am a very good blacksmith."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2020, 11:05:47 AM »
Leo sighs, pinches the bridge of his nose and points at the paperwork in Finnish, and speaks slowly as though explaining to a child, that or someone ho isn't comfortable with the language and wants to make sure they are clear on the words, :is: "This," he then points to the original paperwork that Leif had sent him, "is translated, notarized, copy of this. Any contract dispute due to translation is paid out by council office in Mora, they did translation."

Leif carefully reads through the papers in Icelandic, before taking out a pen and signing everything. :is: "You may catalogue the weaponry, but there may be some issues about who gets to keep which pieces of equipment" he says. "The Icelandic military provided some funds for this expedition in hopes of getting their hands onto Old World technology." Books and other items that were not weapons belonged to him, with him being contractually obligated to give the members appropriate payments, either in money or items they decide to keep. Cha-ching~ :sparkle:
"I can be a negotiator between you two in this dispute, but I cannot guarantee that you will get to keep all the objects - weapons - you pick up on your way. Unless you are also representing a different branch of military instead of just yourself. In that case, it is a dispute between the two of them, and out of both of our hands. Hurry along now, I have other things to do and Saga is already leading everyone to the ship."

--------
Harald has somehow, in the ten minutes he's been out of sight, set up an entire smithy in the workshop, complete with forge, bellows, anvil, and every other conceivable tool. He's even managed to bolt his equipment to the floor.
The big man puts down his hammer as the door opens and a wave of heat from the forge smacks those standing in front of said door in the face. He inspects the barbed harpoon head on his anvil, nods, and drops it into a quenching bucket with a pair of tongs. After waiting for a bit, he retrieves it, and sets it in a basket with a half-dozen others, to be sharpened later. Another basket is full of arrowheads in a similar unsharpened state.
:no: "Can I help you?" he asks Saga. "Before you ask what I am doing: it occurred to me you might doubt whether or not I actually possessed the skill I stated." He shrugs. "That, and I doubt either the Scotsman or the sailors brought extra supplies for their personal weapons. I had the metal handy. And before you ask how: I am a very good blacksmith."

Saga stares in vague horror. :no: "Uh, right. Can you- can you take a break from that? I would like to ask you a few questions."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
Saga stares in vague horror. :no: "Uh, right. Can you- can you take a break from that? I would like to ask you a few questions."

Harald nods, and turns to the forge. Within a few short moments, the fire feeding the forge is extinguished. Harald turns back to Saga. :no: "Ask away."

Solokov

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
Leif carefully reads through the papers in Icelandic, before taking out a pen and signing everything. :is: "You may catalogue the weaponry, but there may be some issues about who gets to keep which pieces of equipment" he says. "The Icelandic military provided some funds for this expedition in hopes of getting their hands onto Old World technology." Books and other items that were not weapons belonged to him, with him being contractually obligated to give the members appropriate payments, either in money or items they decide to keep. Cha-ching~ :sparkle:
"I can be a negotiator between you two in this dispute, but I cannot guarantee that you will get to keep all the objects - weapons - you pick up on your way. Unless you are also representing a different branch of military instead of just yourself. In that case, it is a dispute between the two of them, and out of both of our hands. Hurry along now, I have other things to do and Saga is already leading everyone to the ship."

Leo nods, :is: "Only interested in small arms. Icelandic navy can keep things that are bigger."

He turns on his heel and quietly heads outside and to the docks to the ship following the numerical signs before reaching the ship a little after the rest of the group had arrived.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2020, 11:28:45 AM »
Astrid grins back. :is: "That's me! So how did you hear get hired for the expedition? I heard about it from a friend of mine and applied right away. Training cats is fun, but I'd rather go explore. My parents weren't too happy about that," she chuckles. "They want me to pick a job and stay with it for the rest of my life." She rolled her eyes. "Their ideal life for me sounds so boring." Astrid realises that she's rambling again. "Sorry, I talk too much. It's worse when I'm nervous."

Dísa already likes Astrid. They start following Saga to the dock.

":is: Oh, don´t worry, I tend to do that too. I found this job actually over my family, kinda. My parents have a fishing copany, and we have a store in Reykjavíc where I work sometimes. It has a really big window. We don´t need all of it to show our ware, so we rent a part of it to people who want to do advertisements. And Leif must have put the offer there, I read it. My parents didn´t think it was... great, but it´s not like fishing in the Silent World is a safe job either." She sigshs. "And they know that they kept me from doing the thing I actually wanted to do after I graduated at Seiður, so they didn´t want to take this away from me."

Probably.

It´s a big ship, a lot bigger than any of her families boats. Impressive. She has steered some smaller boats before, but nothing even coming close to this size. She doesn´t envy Marianne and Astrid that they have to do it. It´s also nice from the inside, though the metal sounds are a bit worrying. Even though she doesn´t know a thing about engines, she follows Saga and Astrid into the last room out of curiosity.

An entire forge surely wasn´t what she expected them to find. From the looks of it, neither did Saga.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »
Probably.

Astrid stares at the basket of unsharpened harpoon and arrow heads in awe. How he had managed to do so much in so little time escaped her; he hadn't left that long ago. She turned to Saga, to see what she needed Astrid to do.

Dísa already likes Astrid. They start following Saga to the dock.

":is: Oh, don´t worry, I tend to do that too. I found this job actually over my family, kinda. My parents have a fishing copany, and we have a store in Reykjavíc where I work sometimes. It has a really big window. We don´t need all of it to show our ware, so we rent a part of it to people who want to do advertisements. And Leif must have put the offer there, I read it. My parents didn´t think it was... great, but it´s not like fishing in the Silent World is a safe job either." She sigshs. "And they know that they kept me from doing the thing I actually wanted to do after I graduated at Seiður, so they didn´t want to take this away from me."

It´s a big ship, a lot bigger than any of her families boats. Impressive. She has steered some smaller boats before, but nothing even coming close to this size. She doesn´t envy Marianne and Astrid that they have to do it. It´s also nice from the inside, though the metal sounds are a bit worrying. Even though she doesn´t know a thing about engines, she follows Saga and Astrid into the last room out of curiosity.

An entire forge surely wasn´t what she expected them to find. From the looks of it, neither did Saga.

When Dísa walked into the forge with them, Astrid grins. She's glad she's been able to make a friend.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2020, 12:01:08 PM »
Astrid stares at the basket of unsharpened harpoon and arrow heads in awe. How he had managed to do so much in so little time escaped her; he hadn't left that long ago. She turned to Saga, to see what she needed Astrid to do.

When Dísa walked into the forge with them, Astrid grins. She's glad she's been able to make a friend.

:no: "Uh, go check if the engine is fully operational and all that, please. Full inspection. If there's something wrong, report it immediately. Check the solar panels on the deck, too" Saga tell her.

She clears her throat before turning back to Harald, who turned down the fires. :no: "So, uh, I have your passport here... but I don't see any stamps from crossing the borders. And the passport is clearly Finnish, which makes it all look somewhat... odd, to not say suspicious. Where did you get it? How did you cross the borders? Do you have any other identification on you?" she asks him.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
:no: "Uh, go check if the engine is fully operational and all that, please. Full inspection. If there's something wrong, report it immediately. Check the solar panels on the deck, too" Saga tell her.

She clears her throat before turning back to Harald, who turned down the fires. :no: "So, uh, I have your passport here... but I don't see any stamps from crossing the borders. And the passport is clearly Finnish, which makes it all look somewhat... odd, to not say suspicious. Where did you get it? How did you cross the borders? Do you have any other identification on you?" she asks him.

Harald blinks. :no: "I was supposed to get it stamped? Hrm. That is odd. I took a ship to Denmark, and from there to Iceland. Nobody asked me to present documentation, they only asked where I was going."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 03:36:56 PM by Ragnarok »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »
Harald blinks. :no: "I was supposed to get it stamped? Hrm. That is odd. I took a ship to Sweden, and from there to Iceland. Nobody asked me to present documentation, they only asked where I was going."

Saga stares at him with all color drained from her face. :no: "That's - that - oh no, no, no, that's - that's not how it's supposed to be done. Gods. You were quarantined for two weeks on the ship, right?" That one couldn't be avoided. Really. He's safe to be around, right? Oh gods. "I-in any case, do you have any other documentation, please?"

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2020, 12:14:29 PM »
Saga stares at him with all color drained from her face. :no: "That's - that - oh no, no, no, that's - that's not how it's supposed to be done. Gods. You were quarantined for two weeks on the ship, right?" That one couldn't be avoided. Really. He's safe to be around, right? Oh gods. "I-in any case, do you have any other documentation, please?"

:no: "Yes. I was detained for two weeks under quarantine. They gave me papers to that effect." Harald rummages through his pack some more, and extracts a sheaf of papers. "Is there anything else you need?"

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2020, 12:19:15 PM »
:no: "Yes. I was detained for two weeks under quarantine. They gave me papers to that effect." Harald rummages through his pack some more, and extracts a sheaf of papers. "Is there anything else you need?"

Saga quickly reads through the papers and exhales, clearly relieved. Alright, she now had more better evidence of Harald than his faulty passport. :no: "Yes, you and I need to talk to Leif. He needs to deal with the bureaucracy regarding your illegal border crossing." A few people will certainly get fired. Or, at the very least, demoted. "After that, you have to sign a contract with Leif regarding this expedition, and then you will definitely be a member of the crew. I can translate for you when we get to that... You don't speak Icelandic, right?"