Author Topic: The SSSS Art Museum  (Read 2498450 times)

irlkaijugroupie

Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #12795 on: October 21, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »
irlkaijugroupie You did a really good job with the lighting! Kokko looks like a phoenix :D

Post-meal nap

I didn't really look up what effect looking through a bottle would actually have. And then I drew this. And then I looked up how it should look. It seems that's the wrong order to do things in, and now we shall all suffer for it.

Kind of a different angle/reinterpretation of the last panel on this page,

and "What if Onni didn't show up?" even though the rune shield probably can't really count as a "charm."

thank you ! and wow !! i love the details you put into your art !

irlkaijugroupie

« Reply #12796 on: October 21, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »

some more art yall!! its lalli and emil from a new au im making, a researcher au, where lalli is a scientific photographer and emil is a fire ecologist

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12797 on: October 21, 2018, 10:11:35 PM »
Great stuff!
I have posted a few images.  *shrug*
InkTober "Bottle " and "Woven" - Ensi contemplates an old bottle her mother saw fit to pack in her flight from the old world.  Little does she know that years later, her granddaughter will also have a tendency to pack weird things.

InkTober "Scorched" and "Knife"
After the Conflagration of Malmö, all they could find of the Silent World hero Major Emil Västerström was his scorched knife.

InkTober "Breakable" and "Charm"
(Reynir was the obvious choice here, but nooooo....) Coming to motherhood quite late in life, Mia is not quite prepared for some of the realities of dealing with her young sons Torolf and Torbjörn.  They have broken her mother Ulrike's silver charm bracelet, an heirloom from the old world.

This was one Unlos asked me to do, a depiction of Michael and Mikkel failing to get a cow out of a ditch.  (Thanks, Mamma Freya.)  This was brought about by Mikkel's inference to Sigrun that pigs don't need assistance to get out of ditches, but cows do.

This one is a visual instead of a fic, posted in response to a Synchronised Screaming prompt "The Time I Ate a Ladybug" 'Nuff said.

Between InkTober and Trick or Treat exchange (yet to be revealed), I've been a busy woman.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #12798 on: October 22, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
Hehe, I love everyones' last posts :D

Here's my third SSSS Inktober week:

Whole

Trigger

Food

Woven

Knife

Charm

Flight

Oooh, just ten days to go!!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12799 on: October 24, 2018, 03:21:02 PM »
Coupla' InkTobers

Prompt - "Flight" - messing around with a brush (on dark green flecky paper), and feeling really rusty at it.  This was supposed to be a Hootakainen, but doesn't make the grade in my reckoning.  Still, have an owl.

Prompts - combining "Crew Portrait" with "Space" - a look at Tuuri's room back in Keuruu, in contrast to Lalli's bare space.  As crowded as it is (you can almost see Tuuri reading in bed), I didn't put in all of the mess of kotschkes I initially envisioned.  Let's just say the bottomless saucepan is in there somewhere.

Prompt - "Crystal" - I have this headcanon that Veeti Hollola was a scavenger in his younger days.  Bits of crystal, like chandelier decorations or broken vases, fetch a good price with the traders operating out of Pori.  These get used by the resurgent watchmaking trade in Iceland.  But this particular piece Veeti will save as a present for his little cousin Ensi, thinking 'she's into that witchy Harry Potter stuff, right?'

Avoiding double posting now:
Prompt - "Sigh" - 'Nuff said, I reckon. 
I'm actually feeling the official prompt, 'prickly', but didn't put that into the image.

Triple post thrown into the void:
Prompt from the official list - "Stretch" - Kiraly wasn't feeling well, so I threw this at her.  When viewing the stream this morning, I realised that Kisu has black toe beans.  Ah well.

:/  Just gonna keep adding to this post until somebody else comes along and either comments or adds their own.

Prompts - "Thunder" and "Camp" - A wandering mage joins Ensi in camp.  The sky is clear but she thinks she hears thunder.  Later, she says his name was Ukko-Pekka.  (As one wag on Tumblr put it, "Suuuure it was.")

Lalalalala  Heeeere am I bouncing off a tin can, Faaaaaarr above the world....

Prompts - "Gift" and "Horse"  - not to look such a juxtaposition in the mouth, but here we have Sigrun and Mikkel souvenir shopping in Mora.  Neither has any idea that their fylgja may be influencing their decisions.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:49:04 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Abprallen

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • The Frenchiest of Fries
« Reply #12800 on: October 29, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »

I haven't been keeping up with Inktober myself, despite my hopes, but I've really enjoyed everyones contributions!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12801 on: October 29, 2018, 06:06:56 PM »
Great stuff, Abprallen!  Now at least his bung ear is covered.  Damn those allergies!

A leeeetle InkTober, from a day when I wasn't supposed to get the time to do one.  Scribbling my way to little victories, that's me.
The prompts were "Double" AND "Ascend" - twins Jukka and Juha Hotakainen enjoying themselves on a kiik (swing).

I have a headcanon that competitive kiiking, Estonia's gift to the sporting world, is thriving in post-Rash Scandinavia, as a high-energy sport that can be pursued within confined protected village spaces.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #12802 on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:47 AM »
So much good art since the last time I posted! And Wave those swings are so much fun. For some reason, my mom freaked out every time my sister and I went on one, though :P

Big art dump~ You can tell that I was either (a) in a rush or (b) running out of ideas for a lot of these BUT OH WELL:

Yes, that's a teenage mutant ninja troll. No, there is no logic to why Emil is in a sewer.

Queen Sigrun pt. 2

It's supposed to be like one of those 2010s space cat meme things

Himalayan salt lamp

Tuuri!

He's supposed to be stretched out too, to show that he's fast, but it turns out long characters don't look that different unless you REALLY exaggerate the stretching

This counts as camping, I think

Gift because this scene between Emil and Tuuri was a gift

Sheep

Someone needs to teach Sigrun that her (slapping) actions have consequences
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12803 on: October 31, 2018, 03:53:38 PM »
Mebediel, thank you so much for these!  I confess that I actually hate swings, they ignite my weird swinging-thing phobia.  The still image I can deal with, but more than that - oh no, just no.  Ironic, but there you go.
I can just imagine Mikkel serving Sigrun her indescribable mush dinner with a big ol' grin.  Also, happy you at least provided Emil a set of waders - and yes, sometimes you just have to wave your hands around as to setting.

Speaking of which, I indulge in the practice myself sometimes:
Prompts "Jolt" and "Salt" - I dunno why, but Reynir and Onni are going for a swim together, in the sea, where neither of them have ever had any inclination to go.  *hand waving*  They get a jolt when they realise that the ocean really is salty, that's not just an expression or something.

Lucky last for InkTober, prompts "Slice" and "Cake" - I swear I swear I swear I did not make that juxtaposition of prompts on purpose.  But, if Lalli had to do that dream sea sequence again, would he have done things a little differently?  (It's a little too soon, as this was a very intense scene, but I guess I can get away with this only because it turned out okay in the end.)

*flop* And that's InkTober done and dusted from me.  Thank you all for putting up with me, and I really am enjoying seeing everyone's contributions.  *eyes up neglected fic* Time to return to the verbal mode for a while, I reckon.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #12804 on: October 31, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »
I have no idea what art I've done since I last posted here so I'm just gonna ignore posting all my silly doodles I've done for Inktober. I did however do an art today that I'm kinda proud of so gotta force y'all to witness it:

Also love all the art the rest of you have posted here during the month! sorry I haven't commented on all the arts, I've loved them silently from the sidelines <3
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12805 on: October 31, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Wave, thank you for putting together this year's prompts!!
I can relate to Reynir and Onni's expressions in that drawing...even though I love the ocean, I get that jolt every time I go to the beach (if I happen to accidentally get salt water in my mouth). And Lalli defeating Jormungandeer with cake is some quality dream logic.

Windy, nicely arted! The sense of isolation in that drawing is palpable, which is very cool.

Here's my last Inktober. It's pretty self-explanatory.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12806 on: November 01, 2018, 02:38:39 AM »
Meb, I forgot to mention how much I like your stretchy Lalli.  And thank you.
Windy, I appreciate the isolation of this image.  You grow every day.
We are fortunate.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12807 on: November 01, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
I have loved seeing all your works this inktober. Thank you all for your lovely art  ^-^ *goes back into hiding*

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Cliodna

• DeviantArt
  • Celibate because I don't give a ****
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #12808 on: November 04, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »

Bigger resolution on dA

Three weeks ago wavewright62 wrote on the commentarium "I would love a scene of his siblings at the dinner table with jaws hanging open, while Reynir tells his stories."
I liked the idea, so now it's done (alas the comments on the page that insired it are closed). I tried to mimic Minnas' style as best as I could. The linework is still different but I think I managed to nail the general way people look. :D
Fluent: :estonia: :uk:
Fluent if I hadn't slept through class: :germany: :finland:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12809 on: November 04, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
Cliodna, nicely done! I love how active your drawing is!
Butter good.