Author Topic: Cosplay (non-SSSS)  (Read 46450 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Cosplay (non-SSSS)
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2015, 03:43:29 PM »
Less aggressive sweetening & carbonation, plus no coloring, maybe?

Yes, exactly this. Although it was a little bit pink. :D

Now waiting at Arlanda, going to board in a few min... soon I'll be back home and a new cosplay project can begin! Don't even ask, of course that'll be Sigrun.  ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #151 on: July 26, 2015, 04:04:08 PM »
*can't wait for Sigrun cosplay*

I have a thing. It's not a cosplay per say, but it could easily become part of one if I get bored one day which is likely. Right now it's just a hat, from a certain other webcomic that I'm sure many of you are familiar with.

Spoiler: show

Modeled by my lovely balloon assistant because I'm camera shy  :P
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
Don't even ask, of course that'll be Sigrun.  ;D

Looking forward to the next round of exciting and oddly satisfying tales about the horrors of pleather.

Or latex maybe. Hmmm... I don't know what material the gloves/boots are best represented by.

Anyways, you have an important mission and the results are eagerly awaited.

DB (f.k.a. DaveBro)

• Ranger
  • Filk, flute, guitar, NwoC
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2015, 04:45:02 PM »

I have a thing. It's not a cosplay per say, but it could easily become part of one if I get bored one day which is likely. Right now it's just a hat, from a certain other webcomic that I'm sure many of you are familiar with.

OMG, he's BLUSHING !!  Now you've done it, Ana!   :-\
Fluent:  :usa:      Fair:  :norway:    BTE:  :france:
           Chapter Breaks Survived:  
                            :hat:
            :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
            :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:
            :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:
            :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:    (5-20)

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
OMG, he's BLUSHING !!  Now you've done it, Ana!   :-\

He doesn't like having his photo taken any more than I do, but he has no arms with which to protest!
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »

Ooh, my friend has a hat kinda like that! Last Halloween, she wore it and a white shirt with blue felt pinned on and went as Sister Finland. It was beautiful.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »

Omggg this is adorable XDDD I'm not even that into SATW and I love it! I want a Finland balloon!!!
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
Omggg this is adorable XDDD I'm not even that into SATW and I love it! I want a Finland balloon!!!
Actually, I'm impressed by how she managed to make a purple balloon into a almost-identical-to-comic-lineart Finland.  :o
...I guess it helps that his head is round to start with.
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
if everyone is talking about SatW here is our group (me as Finland)

Spoiler: random from same con • show

I personally like this shot

story short, I cried, and my new friend bought me pockey, I was eating was happy, then people started talking above me and I was like "what they talk about??" since everyone was like swedish around me and I knew no any swedish that time. every time I look at this, I felt they fight for me and I am just eating the pockey happily xD

or this:

me as Finland eating so epicly xD

or this one:

I am the one, who is pointing to the water xD I dunno, that Austria-hungary was really funny... well this time I have nothing so to do.... just all the memories.....

I really should go to con in other countries, they are REAAALY so much fun.............. miss it
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2015, 10:44:34 PM »
Actually, I'm impressed by how she managed to make a purple balloon into a almost-identical-to-comic-lineart Finland.  :o
...I guess it helps that his head is round to start with.

Heh, well when you draw over 70 SATW comic panels for an English project, you get kind of good at it  ;D I don't know how to help you get a Finland balloon, but I could conceivably write up the pattern for the hat, if anyone else wanted to try.

Martti, that's a fantastic set of group cosplay photos you've got there! I'm jealous of the pockey, too :P

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
On the SSSS Cosplay thread, Sharion observed that there's never enough good cosplay. 

But is there enough of this kind of cosplay?  'Cause Jane Austen is my jam. 

The local public library held a Jane Austen festival this evening; a lot of the local historic costumer community showed up.  Among them, yours truly.  Regrettably, I forgot my gloves and fan.... shame on me.
The pictures are in that odd format because they were taken with an app emulating an old-fashioned photo booth.
[/quote]
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solovei

• Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2015, 02:01:05 AM »

But is there enough of this kind of cosplay?  'Cause Jane Austen is my jam. 

Sunny, you look awesome! :D
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Sharion

• Scout
  • Proud lunatic and Meanister of Word-Spinning
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2015, 03:21:57 AM »
But is there enough of this kind of cosplay? 

Certainly not. :3 (Plus points for the 'I <3 My Library' flag. :D)
Survived so far:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8: :chap9:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2015, 05:31:26 AM »
Hey all, I'm just gonna leave some pictures here for your enjoyment. Or not. You choose  :) They are in reverse chronological order, from most recent to oldest, and some of them aren't TECHNICALLY cosplay, but involves me dressing up in period costumes, so what the heck, they're gonna live here now.

My first official cosplay ever was this year, at Wondercon. I can agree with all the others on this thread: cons are wonderful, awesome, nerd-tastic fun for all! You should definitely try to make it to one at least once in your life; it's as experience! I went as Catwoman, and my sister Alethryia went as Black Canary, both DC comics characters

I bought the goggles online and my mum made the cap to my specs, in case anyone is wondering

Breaking into your house and stealing all your stuff

This gettup is for a 70s party that I went to. Going for an early 70s-chic look here, none of that disco nonsense  ;) Bought a vintage dress and paired it with accessories from my collection (plus my mom helped me learn how to macrame the hat-band, which was pretty cool!)

You've already seen one of these photos, but here are some close-ups too of my Cindy-Lauper tribute for an 80s party.

Boom, dressing up for St. Patrick's Day

In 2013, I decided my Halloween costume was going to be a 60s girl, complete with vintage dress!

Dressing up as an explorer to traipse around Disneyland for Halloween. It was super comfy and practical, plus I had a working canteen to stash by drinks in (non-alcoholic of course)

This is waaaaay back in 2011, when I went to school for Halloween as Professor Chaos, from the TV show South Park. The premise is that the character is a regular kid who sometimes dons the persona of "Professor Chaos" when he want's to rebel against his restrictive parents and society. All lighthearted fun, plus he makes his own costume out of tinfoil, and little matching costumes for his "minions" (which are just hamsters).

In keeping with continuity, I covered my boots and gloves in tin-foil. Which I HIGHLY recommend you DON'T do; that stuff will tear itself apart SUPER easily, even if you wrap it all in duct tape  :-\

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
I don't have any pictures on me, but I've dressed as a Silvan elf for Halloween for the last few years. I have a thrift-store-run tunic, leggings, and boots, plus this cape/cloak that I sewed for a previous costume (it's large and warm and goes to the floor. I love it) which has lost a seam and might want a lining before this year. Plus a home-made quiver (which is looking kinda ratty; I fabbed up the arrows out of skewers and construction paper, and it shows. *adds another thing to to-do list*).