Author Topic: Fanvideos  (Read 46330 times)

Solovei

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • You name it, Captain Solo will ship it.
Re: Fanvideos
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »
I got a random song and I tried to do a video, I didn't do videos for long time, I am sorry it sucks... also it is really short

Aaaa this is great! It's so dynamic! :D What program did you use?
:hat:Support your fanfic authors!:betterhat:
Co-admin of the SSSS Wiki | AO3 |
:chap2:
:chap3:
:chap4:
:chap5:
:chap6:
:chap7:
:chap8:

Fluent: :canada: :russia:
Managing to stumble through: :sweden:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2015, 02:06:20 PM »
... wow. Just wow. That is really really incredible and really good!!!
*hides everything I've ever done*

oh, your vid about onni and Tuuri is one of my fav, and I like the sigrun one (stronger then you) as well!
I started somewere too like you around 2006, when I did my first vid.......

Aaaa this is great! It's so dynamic! :D What program did you use?

Sony Vegas 13
all I did just cutting pics and move them, this is how I started and still I do it, still has a lot to learn, I didn't make videos like this for 2 years ;3; (I used SV11 before)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
I got a random song and I tried to do a video, I didn't do videos for long time, I am sorry it sucks... also it is really short

I posted on tumblr: http://sigruneidee.tumblr.com/post/121286277775/
(for those, who might use tumblr regularly and would link/reblog there.....)
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »

You are awesome and your vid is awesome and it's now part of our awesome SSSS-playlist!

seriously people, we need you on youtube so we can put you in the playlist!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
You are awesome and your vid is awesome and it's now part of our awesome SSSS-playlist!

seriously people, we need you on youtube so we can put you in the playlist!

well, I am just bad with songs and better to make short ones like this..... it was like a first try after 2 years, so after watching it back again and again I noticed how bad it is, but next time I'll try to make it better
also I left the BG black.... I forgot about putting any BG, even someone said to use pink BG with hearts xD but for the colours of the pages, it was better to leave it black I guess.
I would try again if I would know any good songs.......

do we have a youtube list or something? when I google ssss on youtube, I get like 10 vids or less... or maybe it is because the fandom is not that stong to have like 82673137437 vids?
it is so cute fandom then ;3;

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2015, 09:34:22 PM »
well, I am just bad with songs and better to make short ones like this..... it was like a first try after 2 years, so after watching it back again and again I noticed how bad it is, but next time I'll try to make it better
also I left the BG black.... I forgot about putting any BG, even someone said to use pink BG with hearts xD but for the colours of the pages, it was better to leave it black I guess.
I would try again if I would know any good songs.......

do we have a youtube list or something? when I google ssss on youtube, I get like 10 vids or less... or maybe it is because the fandom is not that stong to have like 82673137437 vids?
it is so cute fandom then ;3;

Come hang out with us in the chat, we often sometimes discuss what songs to use for SSSS-videos!
As for a youtube-list, this is probably the closest? (ahahaha, I'm guilty of five of the videos, I'm not an addict, I swear! 8))

Edit: Okay, now I've slept and gained a bit more energy so let me share all of my ideas. There's a couple I don't want any one stealing, but the others are free for the taking!

SSSS - Invincible. I imagine it with lots of explosions and badass moment and don't feel like there have been enough explosions yet but *shrugs*
SSSS - God help the outcasts. I actually have no idea what I thought about when I wrote this down, but I guess it's possible to pull something off!
Lalli - This love. I think I wanted to make this Lalli/Reynir, I'm not 100% sure? But on the other hand "Fire burning in her eyes" so Emil/Lalli? Or maybe all the Lalliships?
SSSS - What hurts the most. Okay, I'm a sucker for all the shippingsongs, I apologize no I don't. I've noted it down as SSSS but I guess I thought about Emil/Lalli since that's my favorite ship. But you can probably pull of any ship with it *nods*
Lalli+Cookie - My heart will go on. A...haha... yeah, don't ask about what goes on in my brain! I thought this would be fun but we need more cookies for it to work! I guess you could add non-SSSS cookies but where's the fun in that?
SSSS - Money. The original plan was to make this about Emil, but thinking about it you can throw in more characters in it! Use all the characters!
SSSS - En riktig jävla schlager. I was gonna make Lalli, Emil, Mikkel and Reynir sing this. I've got all kinds of awesome ideas for it, so this one is not for adopting.
Emil - Cool guys don't look at explosions. Explosions, do I need to explain more?
SSSS - Ironic ...atually this is yet another idea where I can't remember what I thought. It was probably awesome though!
SSSS - Hero (Red Pill Mix). This. This can be made so very awesome. I haven't managed to decide which character to use for what part of the song, but... *shrugs* I kinda want to do this myself, but also all the other ideas so I'm leaving it here for anyone with capable hands to adopt!
SSSS - Teenage dirtbag. This was also Lalli/Reynir. Why have I marked it down as "SSSS"?
SSSS - Mad world. This can probably also be made into awesome. You adopt it, because you can make more awesome effects than I can ;)
Emil - The science of selling yourself short. I...don't think I can explain my thoughtprocess regarding this song. They were awesome though!
SSSS - If everyone cared. ...there are so many possibilities with this song, I can't even!
Mikkel/Sigrun/Emil - According to you. So yes, Mikkel/Sigrun/Emil. Haha, I'm deviating from my usual Emil/Lalliship! Are you proud of me now? No? Okay, fine. ANYWAYS! This is supposed to be Sigrun singing about Emil and Mikkel. Mikkel's supposed to be the "you" and Emil the "he" and in the end I wanted her to chose Mikkel eventhough there was all these negative things, but *shrugs*
Sigrun - Unga pojkar och äldre män. I think I just noted this down because it would be fun to try and Sigrun is awesome *shrugs* Who did I think would represent "older men"? Oh well!
Emil - Delirium. I'm not entirely sure what I thought here either, but it was probably awesome. okay, I admit, I just really like this song...
SSSS - I won't say I'm in love. This came up in the chat and I was all like "Yeah, sure, I can probably make that" so I haven't given it much thought yet. It should be easy to make something with though *nods*
SSSS - Heroes. This one is also not for adopting. But now you people know it's taken at least!
Prologue Characters - Untitled. I've noted this down as Reynir because I temporary forgot what I thought with it. You can easily make it about Reynir though, but I wanted it to be the characters from the prologue because they don't get nearly enough love as they deserve!
SSSS - Hair. I think this speaks for itself *nods*
Tuuri/Emil - You're beautiful. Was I thinking it was Tuuri singing about Emil and Emil being busy with Lalli or what? I think I did, because Emil/Lalli.
Lalli/Reynir - Högt över havet. And yet another song I can't really explain. Just know that it's awesome and totally fits!
SSSS - Världen utanför. Because the Silent World, duh :P It's a love-song though, but let's make it not a love-song by our awesome use of pictures!
Emil/Lalli - Kom och ta mig långt härifrån. Yes, familiar ground with Emil and Lalli again! I think it's Lalli singing about Emil *nods*
Reynir/Lalli - Främling. Because Reynir is a stranger for Lalli. Yeppers, that's totally what I thought about.
Reynir/Lalli - Tusen och en natt. There is an English version of this song, but I was listening to the Swedish when the idea struck me. Both works, but I prefer the swedish one *nodnod*
Emil/Lalli - Night of Passion. I think here I was just noting down all the ideas and didn't really develop them much...
Emil/Sigrun - I remember love. I remember writing it down but not what I thought. I guess there was some pictures that jumped around in my head when I heard it so I noted it down for future exploration.
Lalli/??? - Min kärlek. I'm just gonna hide under a rock now. I don't really remember what I thought with this song either.
Reynir/Onni - För att du finns. I did not really like this song but my mind was all like "Omg, this is Reynir/Onni! You make it!" I guess my mind is for obeying? Don't think there's enough pictures to make it happen yet though... Maybe with another pairing *nodnod*
SSSS - I'll make a man out of you. Another one not up for adoption because I'm currently working on this one!

So there, have all my ideas!
I got a couple of other ideas when I was out walking yesterday but alas, I didn't note them down and now they're gone! *sad face* I'll find them again though!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 06:29:41 AM by Windfighter »

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2015, 05:51:29 AM »
Thank you for all the compliments! :D
...And I come bearing gifts
:D

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »
...And I come bearing gifts :D
I accept your gift and adds it to my SSSS-basket!
No, seriously, that was awesome! Maybe I should try to get my hands on that program you use!

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2015, 08:26:42 AM »
...And I come bearing gifts
:D

O.O I  LOVE   IT! But really we need more fob/SSSS
it was epic!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »
...And I come bearing gifts (video):D

That was amazing!
This whole thread is amazing.
I could stay here forever.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »

(LOTS AND LOTS OF IDEAS)

These are great! Just a quick PSA to all parties (myself included), let's try to keep shippiness from getting too blatant: It's difficult with a lot of the songs out there, obviously, but just something to keep in mind! I tend to think of these videos as more love songs from us to the characters than anything else.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
These are great! Just a quick PSA to all parties (myself included), let's try to keep shippiness from getting too blatant: It's difficult with a lot of the songs out there, obviously, but just something to keep in mind! I tend to think of these videos as more love songs from us to the characters than anything else.

Agreed! And if you (general to everyone) do do something really shippy, just say so in the post, so that people (like myself) who don't really like the shippy side of things can avoid it if they like.  :)
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »

I like telling stories with the songs I chose, sometimes those stories happens to be shippyness (okay, very often they happen to be shippyness xD) Using the songs as a lovesong from me to the character would include just using random pictures for the pictures sake. I am not a big fan of videos with just a lot of still pictures that has nothing to do with the song and doesn't fit the lyrics. I lose my interest 20 seconds into the song with those  :-[ Not even the "it might get better, just five more seconds" can help me continue watching it. I tryyyy, I really do, it's just not for me.

So... uh... yeah. Just avoid all my videos to be on the safe side :P

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
I like telling stories with the songs I chose, sometimes those stories happens to be shippyness (okay, very often they happen to be shippyness xD) Using the songs as a lovesong from me to the character would include just using random pictures for the pictures sake. I am not a big fan of videos with just a lot of still pictures that has nothing to do with the song and doesn't fit the lyrics. I lose my interest 20 seconds into the song with those  :-[ Not even the "it might get better, just five more seconds" can help me continue watching it. I tryyyy, I really do, it's just not for me.

So... uh... yeah. Just avoid all my videos to be on the safe side :P
Please don't feel like you're being criticized, I'm just trying to give people a better idea of what this particular thread was intended for. And when I say "love songs from us to the characters" I'm not saying that we don't have the characters interact and match the lyrics, just that the goal should be appreciation of the characters and story and Minna's glorious artwork.
A little bit of occasional shippiness is inevitable, again, because of the songs. But it can be downplayed in a lot of instances, and in some cases avoided all together. For example, my first (pretty shippy) Mikkel video, with 'Jealous Man', http://1drv.ms/1JMFVpJ
and the current, non-shippy version: http://1drv.ms/1aMNv3Y.
Really what I'm trying to say is that this is the fanvideo thread, not the shipvideo thread. So fanvideos that are shippy are welcome, but not shipvideos. (Does that make sense?)
I think we can all agree that blatant shipping of the Prologue characters is okay though. :P
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Cat Is in the Moon

• Such Evil.
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2015, 06:41:14 PM »
But perhaps we should agree on some sort of code on warning about shipping instead of throwing it out the thread?  :-\
For example that you may note in your post if your video has some shipping in the side, little or much, OR that if it is a real shipping video. After all then we didn't have the need to make some sort of seperate shipping-videos-thread, which would be unreasonable given how few videos we have alltogether. Besides, videos aren't like fanart, in which once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. :P With reasonable warnings given I should think it'll be fine.

...I mean at least I do think shipvideos are clearly a sub-category of fanvideos. >_< And if they're not posted here... then what?  Not making shipvideos at all? Dividing fanvideo thread while it's so small?  :-[