Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842431 times)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4575 on: October 17, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »
"karri was talking about their cat again. they drew a picture of it. it was just a skeleton. you’re just a skeleton. you two can relate rather well."

oHHHHH THIS IS SO COOL
I especially like what you did with the masks
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4576 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:59 PM »
Well, I think this was timed rather well to Curry's recent promotion, because I've finished my half of the art trade! They said they liked spooky stuff, so I based it off of one of their gothics:

"karri was talking about their cat again. they drew a picture of it. it was just a skeleton. you’re just a skeleton. you two can relate rather well."

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Were you expecting that?
I mean, in all honesty you might have been, it's not like I haven't made gifs before.

Better quality images here (two versions 'cause I liked them both ^-^)
http://i.imgur.com/ZldpmcU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wsP8nVt.png

Oh my god. I was looking at it and it was pink and then it changed and WOW. That is sooooooooooooooo coooooooool all the thumbs up!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #4577 on: October 17, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »
Yep. I am. I was raised mostly Native American so I grew up with all the legends and stories. It's one of the things I'm very proud of.

I'm just happy I know the difference... granted I've become something of a nightmare fuelstation attendant on one of the other forums I frequent, since I keep all kinds of screencaps regarding skinwalkers, wendigos and other weird things that go bump in the woods.. that and we had a lot of odd stuff that happened this summer on the forest I worke for. Unfortunately on that forum the distinction between skinwalker and wendigo has been blurred and skinwalker is used as a catchall for everything that does weird stuff in the woods.

You might be able to help on this one, defense from the supernatural, there's some stories that indicate something called "white ash" can defend or kill supernatural beings but it's been debated on a few forums and probably will be debated till someone blows up the sun whether it actually is indicating ash from a campfire, the tree white ash, or ash from a ritual fire... any thoughts or is that all a load of crock?

Anyway the halloween themed drawing I'm working on is not working out the way I want it.....I'm half tempted to skip to christmas since I have a decent idea for that one.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4578 on: October 17, 2015, 02:49:04 PM »
Well, I think this was timed rather well to Curry's recent promotion, because I've finished my half of the art trade! They said they liked spooky stuff, so I based it off of one of their gothics:

I mean, in all honesty you might have been, it's not like I haven't made gifs before.

OhhHHhhHHH MY GOSH THIS IS THE COOLEST THING AND I AM IN LOVE WITH IT?? :O THIS IS LITERALLY SO COOL AND YOUR ART IS SO GOOD AND I LOVE THE HAIR AND THE MASKS AND THE FRILLS AND AAAAAAAAAAAAA

* Curry goes to figure out a way to change that to my icon
YEET

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4579 on: October 17, 2015, 03:24:57 PM »

And.....NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

In addition to....NOPENOPE
as well as NOPENOPENOPENOPE
To conclude: NOPE.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4580 on: October 17, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Aaaaa thank you all! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this, so I'm glad people like it! And before I forget, I'd like to acknowledge and thank RealRedCloudYT for telling me how they did the glitchy creepy Reynir gifs a while ago! Thank you!

* Curry goes to figure out a way to change that to my icon
This is the highest of Curry-based honors. I may die happy now :P What do you mean skeleton-mummies are already dead?

To conclude: NOPE.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't going for this kind of reaction. ;D Fortunately for all of you, this is the extent of my evilness.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4581 on: October 17, 2015, 03:47:48 PM »

Wow ! *Doesn't understand how you do that but wow*
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4582 on: October 17, 2015, 10:16:20 PM »
I'm just happy I know the difference... granted I've become something of a nightmare fuelstation attendant on one of the other forums I frequent, since I keep all kinds of screencaps regarding skinwalkers, wendigos and other weird things that go bump in the woods.. that and we had a lot of odd stuff that happened this summer on the forest I worke for. Unfortunately on that forum the distinction between skinwalker and wendigo has been blurred and skinwalker is used as a catchall for everything that does weird stuff in the woods.

You might be able to help on this one, defense from the supernatural, there's some stories that indicate something called "white ash" can defend or kill supernatural beings but it's been debated on a few forums and probably will be debated till someone blows up the sun whether it actually is indicating ash from a campfire, the tree white ash, or ash from a ritual fire... any thoughts or is that all a load of crock?

Anyway the halloween themed drawing I'm working on is not working out the way I want it.....I'm half tempted to skip to christmas since I have a decent idea for that one.

Yeah, I know a bit. When I started thinking about what would cause my Sona to become a Wendigo I kinda freaked myself out. It was freaky to think in the mind of someone becoming one. I kinda noped but decided to write about it anyway.

White ash. Hmm. . . Personally I would think the wood of a white ash tree would be what it's referring to.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Solokov

« Reply #4583 on: October 17, 2015, 10:38:03 PM »
Yeah, I know a bit. When I started thinking about what would cause my Sona to become a Wendigo I kinda freaked myself out. It was freaky to think in the mind of someone becoming one. I kinda noped but decided to write about it anyway.

White ash. Hmm. . . Personally I would think the wood of a white ash tree would be what it's referring to.

See that's some of the logic behind it, but that species of ash tree isn't endemic to where stories indicate wendigos tended to roam, which is what inevitably leads to the debate over what is meant, then again because it isn't from those areas it also leads the question of "maybe because it's sorta exotic it might hold power over something"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #4584 on: October 17, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
See that's some of the logic behind it, but that species of ash tree isn't endemic to where stories indicate wendigos tended to roam, which is what inevitably leads to the debate over what is meant, then again because it isn't from those areas it also leads the question of "maybe because it's sorta exotic it might hold power over something"

Well if they hurt Wendigos then I don't think they'd roam near them. At least that's how I'd think of it. If something hurts/bothers me I'd not go near it.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4585 on: October 18, 2015, 12:44:34 AM »
Wow, I have been gone a while; starting of a new school year and moving into a new house has been very demanding! Now to catch up on ALL THE THINGS!
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4586 on: October 18, 2015, 04:42:46 AM »
Wow, I have been gone a while; starting of a new school year and moving into a new house has been very demanding! Now to catch up on ALL THE THINGS!

IT'S ALIVE!
Welcome back sister to the land of the (curently) unliving, where Halloween has everyone feeling not quite themselves lately. Get in on this action before it's too late!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4587 on: October 18, 2015, 06:32:04 AM »
Welcome baack, we've missed you (I am positive I'm speaking for more than myself, here)!

Ana, that was a wonderful and inventively scary Halloween Karri, really nice! And the cat, so well done ;D
Dancingranger, I like the thing you did! (Needs to look up what a Wendigo is, and a skinwalker, because both concepts are new to me. Skinwalker sounds like someone borrowing someone elses skin, but we'll see what google tells me!)
Solokov, aww, sorry to hear the Halloween design isn't working out for you. But I'm looking forward to the christmas version! (If you want me to try to make up a Halloween version of Strelok, just PM me with any ideas you have. Like Gwenno, I am happy to play around with other ssssonas!)
Curry, both HalloweenAnas are great! (And I'm glad you liked the colored WitchCurry, I am tempted to see if I can colour in any more of those designs)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #4588 on: October 18, 2015, 06:32:26 AM »

Eee! This is sO COOL WHAT IN HEAVENS 80c
I'm glad that I helped! This looks awesome! owo

Also, y'all drawings are awesome too! ^^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Solokov

« Reply #4589 on: October 18, 2015, 07:03:02 AM »
Well if they hurt Wendigos then I don't think they'd roam near them. At least that's how I'd think of it. If something hurts/bothers me I'd not go near it.

Hmm, that's actually never come up during the discussions...interesting idea.

Solokov, aww, sorry to hear the Halloween design isn't working out for you. But I'm looking forward to the christmas version! (If you want me to try to make up a Halloween version of Strelok, just PM me with any ideas you have. Like Gwenno, I am happy to play around with other ssssonas!)

I'll think on it, but I'll give a couple more shots at the october design.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:04:57 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,