Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841984 times)

eyjafjallajoke

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4545 on: October 10, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »
Beautiful art, everyone! I'm glad everyone seems to be so hyped up for Halloween!  ;D

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4546 on: October 10, 2015, 03:38:29 PM »
Oh. Wow.
That's beautiful. And perfect.
It's pretty amazing stuff to be honest and I will never tire of seeing these Burtons :o

Sooooooo, does that mean that you may be feeling up for a trade? I see you've already got your own Halloween outfit sorted (and might I add, it is quite adorable at that ^_^ ), but I can draw you a regular pic once October (and this ridiculous art-load I'm imposing on myself) is over. I would dearly love to have a Burton style drawing!

My mind says no but my body says yes

I know I have quite a few art trades to do already, but the idea of a Burtonified Gwenno is too intrieging for me to resist.

so, YES

(And Unlos, your take on Huntra is muy bueno!)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4547 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:53 PM »
Una understood the importance of orchards in their new world more than anyone else. They were life givers, nurseries for the little ones that would feed the world.

But she had spent far too long nurturing her precious parcels to let anyone take them away from her.

She needed them .... And they needed her ....

They had told her themselves ....

~~~Mother of the Orchard~~~

1 more BurtonSSSSona down, Unlos was my willing victim this time. I hope you are all ok with me taking your SSSonas into a strange, slightly deranged direction, I feel it helps with the atmosphere and finding cool compositions for the pictures. I realized one of the reasons I like doing these so much is that they are so freeing: I literally scribbled a tree, and that's what makes it look so good. High value renderings don't let you be that expressive!
PLUS
A snippet from the picture of Unlos' BurtonSSSSona, because I loved drawing this little worm too much to not let him get a chance at the spotlight.

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4548 on: October 11, 2015, 06:51:28 AM »

1 more BurtonSSSSona down, Unlos was my willing victim this time. I hope you are all ok with me taking your SSSonas into a strange, slightly deranged direction, I feel it helps with the atmosphere and finding cool compositions for the pictures. I realized one of the reasons I like doing these so much is that they are so freeing: I literally scribbled a tree, and that's what makes it look so good. High value renderings don't let you be that expressive!
PLUS
A snippet from the picture of Unlos' BurtonSSSSona, because I loved drawing this little worm too much to not let him get a chance at the spotlight.

[/center]
I LOVE IT! The slightly deranged is perfect for the expressive burton style yessss! And little sweet worm in heartshaped apple is PERFECT!!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4549 on: October 11, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
Yayyyyy ^_^ *Happy noises* Thank you Trinka!
and also *happy noises* Una's burtonSona looks amazing! I honestly wouldn't have been able to think of a way to turn that creepy, but you totally pulled it off and it looks fantastic! The worm definitely makes the whole picture however :P it steals the limelight in a rather unfair way.....

and now for
MORE HALLOWEEN DRAWS!
Only three this time, but that's all I've had for requests so far so next I'm going to actually get around and draw my own :P
The offer to draw people's 'sonas in spooky style still stands until the end of the month however so let me know if you'd like to get Halloween-ish ^_^

OrigamiOwl - Lyktekone
I'm taking some liberties here design and mythology-wise, but somehow the idea just seemed right. The Lyktemann/Lyktekone is the spirit of a person who drowned in a marsh or a lake. In some stories they lead people to deaths similar to their own, while in others they may lead you safely home, so basically it's a kind of will-o-the-wisp spirit. The outfit is based on traditional Danish clothes (since Owl's 'sona and the stories are from Denmark :) ), and I did a creepy thing with the lighting, can you see it...?

Melusine - Wearing midnight
The librarian is the keeper of stories. She minds the words. And they consume her......
Von was to wear midnight, but rather than drawing it all in black it's pretty much a mixup of every other colour disguised as black, because that's what midnight always seemed to me ^_^

KauniitaUnia - Fossegrim
I think we all know this one quite well already ^_^

I hope you guys like them!

Oh, and just for funzies I'll post some of the sketch pictures under a spoiler. I didn't do them for every picture, but for a few of them I was at work/on a train/stuck somewhere and had time to draw, so did some practice drawings before doing the real thing. Two of them were done without looking at any references of the 'sonas, can you guess which two?
Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:36:49 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4550 on: October 11, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »
and now for
MORE HALLOWEEN DRAWS!
Lovely Halloween draws! The slightly mad expression of Owls Lyktekone (I knoow there's no female equivalent b-but lyktemann means literally Lamp-Man) is wonderfully done - she looks so sweet but do not trust! And don't look to close at the creepy lights, no preciousss..

I've been admiring the absolutely fantastic art Mad Robin has been posting lately, gah those backgrounds are SO GORGEOUS I've had a very serious case of wanting to learn that. So here's my art-fo-story art trade with Ragnarok, Arbet doing magic/sword stuff with a bit more background than what I usually do. Lights!

(Ref pic)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4551 on: October 11, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »

[/center]
eeeeeeeeeeee
I love your Burtonesque stylings, and yes, the worm had to be done.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4552 on: October 11, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
So here's my art-fo-story art trade with Ragnarok, Arbet doing magic/sword stuff with a bit more background than what I usually do. Lights!

(Ref pic)

*inarticulate bellowing of amazement*
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4553 on: October 11, 2015, 03:46:31 PM »
Melusine - Wearing midnight
The librarian is the keeper of stories. She minds the words. And they consume her......
Von was to wear midnight, but rather than drawing it all in black it's pretty much a mixup of every other colour disguised as black, because that's what midnight always seemed to me ^_^
I love the idea of the book consuming the librarian's mind <3
Thank you Gwenno ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4554 on: October 11, 2015, 05:52:30 PM »
KauniitaUnia - Fossegrim
I think we all know this one quite well already ^_^

AAAAAAAAA I love it! Thank youuuuuu ^^
It looks great, and I love how you painted the ferns around her feet!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #4555 on: October 11, 2015, 10:45:40 PM »
Lovely Halloween draws! The slightly mad expression of Owls Lyktekone (I knoow there's no female equivalent b-but lyktemann means literally Lamp-Man) is wonderfully done - she looks so sweet but do not trust! And don't look to close at the creepy lights, no preciousss..
Haha, I figured it was wrong but seeing as my knowledge of Nordic languages is minimal to say the least I wasn't about the change it without someone who *actually* speaks the lingo to do it properly :) For what it's worth I've changed the original now, and thank you for the kind words ^_^
I've been admiring the absolutely fantastic art Mad Robin has been posting lately, gah those backgrounds are SO GORGEOUS I've had a very serious case of wanting to learn that. So here's my art-fo-story art trade with Ragnarok, Arbet doing magic/sword stuff with a bit more background than what I usually do. Lights!

(Ref pic)
Ah wow, that's great stuff. All this pose practicing you've been doing is producing some fantastic results, and those treeeeeees >"< (I just love to see pictures of trees and these look so super beautiful  :D). I especially like what you've done with the lighting and the beams of sunshine coming through the trees. I wonder what he's fighting against there?

I love the idea of the book consuming the librarian's mind <3
Thank you Gwenno ! :D
Haha, once the idea had stuck in I just had to do it ^_^ I'm so glad you like it!

AAAAAAAAA I love it! Thank youuuuuu ^^
It looks great, and I love how you painted the ferns around her feet!
*happy noises* ^_^
This brought back so many memories of when I used to play the violin, and although I still stuck at drawing hands I actually tried to get them all somewhat correct positions for it :P

Haha, and after quite a while of drawing other people for Halloween I've finally gotten around to designing something for myself :3 Obvious choice is obvious but the idea has been bubbling around the back of my head for such a while now it's nice to finally get it down on paper! So here it is

Valkyrie Gwenno!
A spirit of carnage and blood, and a servant of the god Odin, she watches over battles, deciding who will live and who will die, and bringing the worthy slain to Valhalla (but only after Freya gets first dibs of course :P )

Also taking some liberties with mythology, but I really wanted wings >"<
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4556 on: October 12, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
and now
the return! of! OBNOXIOUS NØKKHAIZ!!
i'm sorry for not drawing everyone, there are just too many awesome halloween designs!!

you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4557 on: October 12, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »
RAD!! First set of self-insert trades done! :D

Videovance's son Vide as a... creepy drowned spirit dude thing! I don't know quite what I was going for, except since he's a fisher/boatsman, he was obviously going to be water related. I know the focus is on his face, but pLEASE check out the nails on the hand on the right and the cracks because I'm proud of those and I think they're really cool ๑•́ ᴗ •̀๑);

Daiseerose's sona Klarissa the black eyed being?? Something like that, google told me it was a thing. Whatever she is, she's magic and glamorous and maybe even a little intimidating :P
I want those eyelashes, tbh

Ari the harlequin! They said they loved the harlequin aesthetic and what a coincidence, I do too, and I think they requested not as spooky so I went more cutesy for the aesthetic • v •)b
YEET

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4558 on: October 12, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »
and now
the return! of! OBNOXIOUS NØKKHAIZ!!
i'm sorry for not drawing everyone, there are just too many awesome halloween designs!!

Spoiler: show

Ok but these are all amazing and I love you...
obnoxious nøkkHaiz is love, obnoxious nøkkHaiz is life

RAD!! First set of self-insert trades done! :D

Videovance's son Vide as a... creepy drowned spirit dude thing! I don't know quite what I was going for, except since he's a fisher/boatsman, he was obviously going to be water related. I know the focus is on his face, but pLEASE check out the nails on the hand on the right and the cracks because I'm proud of those and I think they're really cool ๑•́ ᴗ •̀๑);

Daiseerose's sona Klarissa the black eyed being?? Something like that, google told me it was a thing. Whatever she is, she's magic and glamorous and maybe even a little intimidating :P
I want those eyelashes, tbh

Ari the harlequin! They said they loved the harlequin aesthetic and what a coincidence, I do too, and I think they requested not as spooky so I went more cutesy for the aesthetic • v •)b

!!!!!!! HOW
I feel like my posts are getting gradually more and more incoherent help
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #4559 on: October 12, 2015, 03:50:53 PM »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: