Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841942 times)

Petronella

Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4515 on: October 08, 2015, 01:09:42 PM »
I guess I'm silghtly late to the spooky-ssssona thing, but I worked on this for ages and although there's probably still a lot of things wrong with it I still kind of like it in the end?  Also it has taken too much frustation not to post the final result.

So, here's Iina as a scary mermaid!

Posting this under a spoiler because although there is a jellyfish over her chest it still kind of poses a case of Schrodinger's nudity and I'm keeping on the safe side
Spoiler: show

Yes, raccoon eyes and blue eyeshadow is very menacing.

(Since I can't really draw noses I'm just using my creative licence to claim that mermaids don't own noses because they breathe through gills)

the jellyfish is wonky i know I had no good brushes

Edit: aah the pic turned out in horrible quality why? x_x now the details got killed...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:18:44 PM by Petronella »
Native language: :sweden:
Fluent(p. much at least): :uk:
Learning: :finland: :spain:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4516 on: October 08, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
*Looks around at awesome SSSSona drawings. Quietly posts my own*

Not so interesting in terms of lore, it's just Hans dressed up as a vampire, because I love the whole rich person/Dracula design of certain vampires.

Sofie wants that cape:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4517 on: October 08, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
Angry entwife
ANGRY ENTWIFE
AAAAA

Sorry, your drawing is amazing, really really beautiful!! And I love that she is (half?) entwife, can you tell? :)

Aaand halloween is not my thing, but I'm really having fun seeing all of your ssssonas all dressed up spooky!
Thank you! She's not half entwife, I just couldn't decide wether entwife or dryad so she is either or both, according to my mood!

Halloween theme? Halloween theme! Lauftroll as...

...anti-huldra. Er. Joke being that huldra are supposedly beautiful everywhere but the back, whereas the Lauf, with a bit of stretching the skin here and there -

I'll show myself out now shall I...
Laufey, ever since seeing this, I've had this one sentence from a song by a certain singer going through my brain. So now, for the first time, I've made an actual video, just to get that one sentence in. Thank you to all the unsuspecting people to contributed to this, and please forgive me for this thing. (*hides under sofa*)
I uploaded to my dropbox here because this one will never go to youtube: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws8ubb58gm0bczl/Laufey.mp4?dl=0

EDIT: revised version with credits here
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:14:44 PM by Unlos »

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4518 on: October 08, 2015, 04:36:52 PM »
Laufey, ever since seeing this, I've had this one sentence from a song by a certain singer going through my brain. So now, for the first time, I've made an actual video, just to get that one sentence in. Thank you to all the unsuspecting people to contributed to this, and please forgive me for this thing. (*hides under sofa*)
I uploaded to my dropbox here because this one will never go to youtube: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws8ubb58gm0bczl/Laufey.mp4?dl=0

I can't... breathe... my sides hurt, sned help...

*accordion wheeze*

No really I just scream laughed through this vid and I'm still scream laughing, this is a perfect, wonderful thing and I'm so, so flattered, you have no idea how much! Ahaaahahahaaa I think I'm crying a bit... ;D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #4519 on: October 08, 2015, 04:43:15 PM »
Laufey, ever since seeing this, I've had this one sentence from a song by a certain singer going through my brain. So now, for the first time, I've made an actual video, just to get that one sentence in.

Thank you to all the unsuspecting people to contributed to this, and please forgive me for this thing. (*hides under sofa*)

Unlos, that's amazing!  A perfect tribute to the Lauftroll.  Other than That One Line, it's actually very touching.  Who is the singer? 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4520 on: October 08, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
I can't... breathe... my sides hurt, sned help...

*accordion wheeze*

No really I just scream laughed through this vid and I'm still scream laughing, this is a perfect, wonderful thing and I'm so, so flattered, you have no idea how much! Ahaaahahahaaa I think I'm crying a bit... ;D
Thank youuu, I'm glad you liked it!

Unlos, that's amazing!  A perfect tribute to the Lauftroll.  Other than That One Line, it's actually very touching.  Who is the singer? 
Thank you! Singer is Leonard Cohen, song is Take this longing, from the album "new songs for the old ceremony". If you didn't recognize him, you maay be forgiven. If you've never heard of him, go do research, he is absolutely amazing!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4521 on: October 08, 2015, 05:42:53 PM »

Awww, this is actually quite sweet, in as much as the lauftroll can be sweet. But that one line... *gigglesnort*

In the spirit of Inktober, and because I was bored, I inked the doodle of fossegrim!Hanna that I posted earlier-

It's not really scary looking until you consider that she may be luring someone to their death with that smile.
FUN FACT: I actually played the violin until a couple of years ago, but apparently that doesn't give me any advantage in drawing them. Yes, I know that isn't how you hold a bow ;3;
Spoiler: the description of fossegrim that I posted earlier, in case you missed it • show
The Fossegrim (Norwegian - 'Fossegrim'/'grim', Swedish - 'Strömkarl) is described as a male water spirit or troll which lives in waterfalls and plays the fiddle. They are not always malevolent, but the sound of their music can lure women and children to their deaths and is usually played only for other spirits. However, with the right offerings the Fossegrim can be convinced to teach their skills - if the offering is satisfactory the spirit will draw their student's fingers across the strings of their violin until they bleed, after which they will be able to produce music so beautiful that "the trees shall dance and torrents in their fall stand still".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 06:12:33 PM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4522 on: October 08, 2015, 09:41:58 PM »
Finished art-for-writing trade with Ana Nymus, finally. Daiseerose, you're next.

Also, this unintentionally fitted into Inktober. Yay me.

Spoiler: show
The destruction a tank could do was immensely impressive, Ana thought. Group Two had swept this area not less than three hours before, and several of the buildings had chunks missing that definitely hadn’t been caused by trolls. But she wasn’t here to stare at blown-up buildings, she reminded herself. She was here for the library. Miraculously, it hadn’t been destroyed. She half-jogged, half-ran up the crumbling steps. This was one of the few sites that was marked on Old World maps--it had been a foreign language library before the Rash. Even with how much books decayed in these towns, there were still dozens of volumes of ancient and unknown languages inside, if not hundreds. A veritable smorgasbord of information, just waiting for the taking.

The shadows were deep inside, deeper than she had expected. Sunlight fell through the occasional unblocked window, but otherwise the place was empty and dim. The books were intact, though, great mounds of yellowed paper leaning haphazardly every which way. Most were worthless, too far decayed to hold up to anything. A few might just be salvageable. With a massive grin, Ana got to digging.
She surfaced a long time later. Truth be told, it couldn’t have been more than a couple hours, but the books were so interesting. Half a dozen salvagable volumes of Dane-to-foreignish guides were already in her bag, and she carried a couple more with her.
Something caught her attention. A darkened hallway. That shouldn’t have been possible. She would have seen something if that kind of pitch-black shadow had been there before. She liked books, but she wasn’t stupid. Something that dark, and she would have called for a squad to deal with the obvious troll home. So the hell was causing the darkness….
Calm down, it’s probably just a bit later, the sun can’t reach at that angle, calm down
She looked away, focusing on her latest volume, a Dane-to-German dictionary. Mrs. Hallander would certainly appreciate it…
The scrape of bone on tile
Startled, she stared back at the hallway. Was it just her imagination, or was the patch of darkness bigger? That couldn’t be possible. Darkness did not just grow bigger.
Unless something’s making it, her brain reminded her.
Shut up, you she replied.
She pulled a flare from her belt. One way to figure out if this shadow was normal. She pulled the string, and a miniature rocket flame sprouted from the end. Carefully pointing the fire away from the books, she hurled it into the shadow.

It sunk in, with a heavy glop, the light swallowed up in shadow.

For the longest instant, nothing happened.

Then the eyes appeared. Glowing red. Far too many. Too big.

Her mind did a few dozen loops of ohshitohshitohshit before finally figuring out run, and she sprinted for the exit, dropping her books as she ran for the doors. She heard a skittering sound as whatever thing was there ran after her, and she could have sworn she felt a fetid claw brush her hair, but then she hit the glass, swinging the door outward and letting the weak sunlight in as she ran full out towards Team Two’s tank.

Thirty seconds later, the library was an inferno, accompanied by a hellish screaming.

Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4523 on: October 09, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »
Gaaaaaaiz! Why does this thread move so fasts >"< (just kidding, I love it when this happens please never stop :3 )

Laufey - Anti-hulda is such a hilarious idea  ;D and as usual is beautifully done. I'm also ridiculously happy that it inspired Unlos' video too. I was almost late for work this morning because I had to watch it again  ::) (totally worth it!)

Aki - whuuuuuu? Your art is so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you come up with for your story, but please be sure to have some more pictures with it because *enthusiastically points at the beauty which is your drawing*

Noodly Appendage - wow, I would not have thought of that idea for a Halloween costume, but it's totally genius (*phhhhht*, that little "accordion noises" quote :P)

Curry - Okay, so both are kinda cute, but we all know that creepy antique dolls are really scary so..... haha, your costume idea was pretty great, now you can do all the cool costumes you want and it still counts as one ^_^ Does this mean you'll be doing more? (you'll totally do some more riiiiiiight? :) )

Petronella - Ooooh, wow, I can see you put a lot of effort into that! It looks really great, and I'm pretty sure there's no need to spoiler your lovely art ^_^ (If Ariel can run around in that seashell bikini and the movie is still a "u", I'm pretty sure that your picture is okay for the forum)

KauniitaUnia - Once again I thank inktober for giving artists the drive to do and post more art ^_^ Haha, I actually really like the ferns in this one, and effect of the feet in the water

Ragnarok - Nice story, but I really can't believe that Ana would ever abandon any books for whatever reason! Also, I refuse to believe that team 2 would be anything other than completely thorough and professional *affronted huff!*

HALLOWEEN TIME!!!!!
So as y'allz might recall I'm being totally lovely for one short month (enjoy it while it lasts) and drawing some of you peeps in Halloween mode :3 I've not gone though everyone who's asked for a picture yet, and I'm still more than happy to draw more people if they'd like me to, but for now here's what I've done

Kahli as a faun ^_^
I feel fauns are well known enough that I don't need an explanation, but Kahli can explain a bit herself if she'd like to add anything (also I'm such a mythology nerd, so just because I think it may be well known doesn't mean that it is)

Para as a Tenome  :o (the anatomy is slightly off on purpose to make it creepier, I swear it was intentional!)
A kind of Japanese ghost with no eyes in it's head, but ones in it's hands. The story I heard was that a blind beggar who was killed by bandits cursed his blindness and his hands which couldn't defend him as he lay dying, and came back bitter and twisted, with his curse having transformed him into this (and now he eats people I think?)

A werewolf Ilmari for princeofdoom
Yeeeeah, I'm pretty sure there's no need to explain this creature :P

And Ragnarok as a Draugen
The ghost of a man who died at sea. The draugen is a creature from Norwegian folklore and is responsible in turn for many more deaths at sea and beyond.... I put some blue colouring to the lips and fingers and some drowned ruddiness to the skin to try and convey that, and also he's controlling water.... erm, because of reasons, I'm sure it's a perfectly legit thing to do.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:41:11 AM by Gwenno »
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4524 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:19 AM »
Curry - Okay, so both are kinda cute, but we all know that creepy antique dolls are really scary so..... haha, your costume idea was pretty great, now you can do all the cool costumes you want and it still counts as one ^_^ Does this mean you'll be doing more? (you'll totally do some more riiiiiiight? :) )
HALLOWEEN TIME!!!!!

Ahahahahahaha, I'm glad you like them, because I have about 23 more design ideas that I really really want to make. I just really like halloween ok

Also, I love the creatures you've chosen!! They all have such cool backstories and I can't help but be reminded of the pale man for Para and yesssss I'm such a sucker for water-related spooky ::) Good stuff!!! :D
YEET

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4525 on: October 09, 2015, 12:24:12 PM »
Finished art-for-writing trade with Ana Nymus, finally. Daiseerose, you're next.

[...]

Yessss! I know I already said this in private, but this is awesome!! And Gwenno, Ana's self-preservation instinct is just slightly stronger than her save-the-books instinct. Barely. (she's probably beating herself up over it in the tank now) And I'm assuming she at least managed to save the half dozen books that were already in her bag, because there is no way she would ever leave that thing. :P

AND WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT STORY-FOR-ART TRADES ARE AWESOME A++ WOULD DO AGAIN. Seriously, it works out very well! If you're an artist who doesn't have a way with words or a writer who doesn't draw, then it's the perfect arrangement. Actually, if any writers wanted some art, I'd be totally up for another one of these! Regular art trades too!

And aaaaaa there are too many spooky sonas for me to comment on at this point, but rest assured that you're all doing a great job. I love this theme! ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4526 on: October 09, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »

And Ragnarok as a Draugen
The ghost of a man who died at sea. The draugen is a creature from Norwegian folklore and is responsible in turn for many more deaths at sea and beyond.... I put some blue colouring to the lips and fingers and some drowned ruddiness to the skin to try and convey that, and also he's controlling water.... erm, because of reasons, I'm sure it's a perfectly legit thing to do.....

This will now become my inktober avatar.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4527 on: October 09, 2015, 12:36:55 PM »
Para as a Tenome  :o (the anatomy is slightly off on purpose to make it creepier, I swear it was intentional!)
A kind of Japanese ghost with no eyes in it's head, but ones in it's hands. The story I heard was that a blind beggar who was killed by bandits cursed his blindness and his hands which couldn't defend him as he lay dying, and came back bitter and twisted, with his curse having transformed him into this (and now he eats people I think?)

Diolchdiolchdiolch (etc), Gwenno!
Ffantasteg!
Ardderchog!
Adjectives!
But seriously, thanks- any sketches mean a lot to me for obvious reasons, but this one is very, very cool.
(Can anyone tell I rewatched Pan's Labyrinth recently?)
The other sketches are grêt too, especially the faun.

Ahahahahahaha, I'm glad you like them, because I have about 23 more design ideas that I really really want to make. I just really like halloween ok
We need more spooks, I'd say draw all of them. Those designs are brilliant, though!

I can't help but be reminded of the pale man for Para
The Tenome is the actual inspiration for that creepy utterly terrifying thing. I rewatched Pan's Labyrinth recently, which reminded me of the Pale Man, reminding me of the Tenome, which reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth... Etc.

Also, blanket post to say that everyone's Halloween creations are great and extremely sp00ky.. Maybe we need an Infodump section to house them all for posterity?

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4528 on: October 09, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »
Awww, this is actually quite sweet, in as much as the lauftroll can be sweet. But that one line... *gigglesnort*

In the spirit of Inktober, and because I was bored, I inked the doodle of fossegrim!Hanna that I posted earlier

Thank you :) I made a revised version where I threw in some extra pictures at the end because I suddenly remembered some drawings that absolutely had to go in there (Starfallz' Sigrun and Laufey together, among them) and added credits because credits were due. (revised version here)

I really like Hannah as Fossegrimen. And the music you and Haiz are making should be something wondrous indeed.

Ragnarok, what a cool story-for art trade - If you want to, I'd like to do that kind of trade with you, too!
Gwennoo, I love your mythological ssssonas, and Brrrr, the Tenome is scary. Nice to learn the inspiration for that thing in Pans Labyrinth!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:13:24 PM by Unlos »

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #4529 on: October 09, 2015, 03:53:36 PM »

The whole world had gone mad, nightmares lurking in the darkest corners of ancient civilization and the flesh of the infected. There was only one thing to do, and Karri was up for the task ....

Fire could cleanse disease .... it could cleanse the earth ....

Perhaps it could cleanse people too ....?

~~~Let it Burn~~~

Look, I'm baaaaAAAAck, and with more twisted Burton shenanigans! This time of our favorite pyromaniac, so much enthusiasm! (Look the fire makes a C for "Curry", totally unintentional but still cool) Halloween has really gotten me back into the spirit of it all, and I'm gonna crank out a few more while I'm at it!
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat: