Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843101 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4470 on: October 06, 2015, 06:12:56 AM »
Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!!!!!!
Have I ever said that Halloween is my favourite thing ever, I'm sure I must have done right? What you guys are producing is music to my soul and I love each and every piece ^_^ (even your "not actually a Halloween costume" costume skit Helia, it was super funny :3 ). So yeah to Curry, Haiz, Ana, Caliopygous, AquaAurion, KauniitaUnia, Antillanka, Keeper, and Vafhudur (also poem! It's cool did you write that?) thank you so much ^_^ I'm also loving reading up on all the folklore and stories behind your designs as well so please keep it coming.

I'll definitely contribute my own 'sona sometime this month once I decide what to do, and I think I may also do a *thing* involving everyone all spookied up for Halloween itself if I can  :) although it will probably only involve the 'sonas posted up to a day or two before because time and other such bothersome stuff

If anyone would like me to draw their 'sona all spooky just let me know what you want and chances are I will (although probably without my usual backgrounds). Halloween only comes once a year after all, and seeing and drawing this kind of stuff makes me really happy. So yeah, pm or reply  ;D

Oh and Daisieerose, don't worry I haven't forgotten about your art trade, it will pop up eventually I swear :P

Would love seeing Arbet become spooky. Well, spook-ier.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4471 on: October 06, 2015, 07:01:13 AM »
Would love seeing Arbet become spooky. Well, spook-ier.
If you have an idea of what you'd like me to do let me know ^_^ if not you may have to suffer whatever idea I come up with instead......

Well, since we already have a vampire, I wouldn't mind seeing your take on were!Ilmari if you'd like? Wolf or cat could both fit :J
Consider it done :3  I'll start figuring out a design now and we'll see in a short while if I decide to go with cat or wolf....

Halloween prompt! A cross between a dryad and an angry entwife, because TREES!

Treeeeeeees! Looks like you managed to get the rough barky texture and all, it's so very tree-like and almost looks like dancing to me as well :D And why yes, I can definitely see that branch being a perfect place for someone to sit on.........
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4472 on: October 06, 2015, 09:57:50 AM »
Treeeeeeees! Looks like you managed to get the rough barky texture and all, it's so very tree-like and almost looks like dancing to me as well :D And why yes, I can definitely see that branch being a perfect place for someone to sit on.........

Thank you! I really love the way you draw bark, I wish I could somehow incorporate that kind of texture in a digital painting. The drawing turned out more like the way I pictured it, but there are so many lovely textures out there so maybe I should go browse some more tutorials.  :P

snip

I wish I could see the google-hosted images but all I get is a large stop-sign :-\
Blanket I-love-the sspookyssssonas that have been showing up!

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #4473 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:06 AM »
Halloween prompt! A cross between a dryad and an angry entwife, because TREES!

Angry entwife
ANGRY ENTWIFE
AAAAA

Sorry, your drawing is amazing, really really beautiful!! And I love that she is (half?) entwife, can you tell? :)

Aaand halloween is not my thing, but I'm really having fun seeing all of your ssssonas all dressed up spooky!
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4474 on: October 06, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »
If you have an idea of what you'd like me to do let me know ^_^ if not you may have to suffer whatever idea I come up with instead......

Do what you wish.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #4475 on: October 06, 2015, 06:40:42 PM »
Halloween theme? Halloween theme! Lauftroll as...

...anti-huldra. Er. Joke being that huldra are supposedly beautiful everywhere but the back, whereas the Lauf, with a bit of stretching the skin here and there -

I'll show myself out now shall I...
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4476 on: October 06, 2015, 06:45:27 PM »
Speaking of a million thumbs up, let's hoist some for Haiz, in honour of hir 3000th post!
*embarrased that I haven't drawn anything for the occasion*
hahahah don't worry about it! my 3000th post was actually some artd fanart :3c

...anti-huldra. Er. Joke being that huldra are supposedly beautiful everywhere but the back, whereas the Lauf, with a bit of stretching the skin here and there -

THIS IS SO WEIRD but the idea is really cool hahahaha
you'll know where to find me.

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #4477 on: October 06, 2015, 06:50:48 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH WHY ARE YOU SO BRILLIANT???
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4478 on: October 06, 2015, 07:13:40 PM »

I think this is actually scarier than the normal huldra...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Mélusine

« Reply #4479 on: October 06, 2015, 07:16:39 PM »

I have so many to discover with norwegian folklore *Fascinated* :D
Laufeytroll deserve a good mark for the try !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4480 on: October 07, 2015, 02:53:17 AM »

ahaha oh my days, that's amazing
10/10
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4481 on: October 07, 2015, 04:59:50 AM »

Clever girl...

I have so many to discover with norwegian folklore *Fascinated* :D

We' like to, but I don't think we can monopolise the Hulder. The Swedes will be really salty about it. You should read Asbjørnsen & Moe's collection of Norwegian folk tales.

Mélusine

« Reply #4482 on: October 07, 2015, 05:06:07 AM »
You should read Asbjørnsen & Moe's collection of Norwegian folk tales.
*Takes note immediately as if she hadn't already a lot of books waiting to be read* Thank for the advice ! :D
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Aki

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • rambler of headcanons spouter of ideas
  • Preferred pronouns: (she/her) please don't call me dude, that's all.
« Reply #4483 on: October 07, 2015, 07:01:28 AM »
Heya~ o/

Quick question: What is the general opinion/view/reaction to this kind of SSSSona?
SSSSona from an AU where a survivor from a country other than the Nordic states meets some other SSSSonas who are from the Known World as given by Minna. The surviving community would have ofc developed different strategies to survive/ways to live and thus look quite different from the communities in the original SSS-verse, hence not being immediately "recognizeable" as characters in a SSSS-ish-verse without context...
The AU is not fully set up yet (I'm slow at drawing and need to do more research) but I just want to know now if it'd be okay for me to post some of the drawings/plot bits in the future if one of the "SSSSonas" is from a different setting than the original SSSS-verse. Of course with context about the other surviving community and there are more people from the original SSSS-verse in that AU so it's not like it'd be only that completely different setting.

Haven't yet checked through all the pages here, just a few, so I haven't seen any SSSSonas from other communities but if there's a separate thread for these or not desired at all, please tell me, don't want to bother people (in the wrong thread). :)

Thank you~<3
Languages:
fluent: :switzerland: :germany: :france: :uk:
knows: :vaticancity:, ancient :greece:
learned some: :japan:
can read to some extent: :italy: :spain: etc.
wants to learn: :finland:
You may use any of my "Imagine X" or headcanons for your writing or art as long as you link back to me or my original post if you feel like you stayed true to it.
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :book2: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4484 on: October 07, 2015, 07:09:05 AM »
Heya~ o/

Quick question: What is the general opinion/view/reaction to this kind of SSSSona?
SSSSona from an AU where a survivor from a country other than the Nordic states meets some other SSSSonas who are from the Known World as given by Minna. The surviving community would have ofc developed different strategies to survive/ways to live and thus look quite different from the communities in the original SSS-verse, hence not being immediately "recognizeable" as characters in a SSSS-ish-verse without context...
The AU is not fully set up yet (I'm slow at drawing and need to do more research) but I just want to know now if it'd be okay for me to post some of the drawings/plot bits in the future if one of the "SSSSonas" is from a different setting than the original SSSS-verse. Of course with context about the other surviving community and there are more people from the original SSSS-verse in that AU so it's not like it'd be only that completely different setting.

Haven't yet checked through all the pages here, just a few, so I haven't seen any SSSSonas from other communities but if there's a separate thread for these or not desired at all, please tell me, don't want to bother people (in the wrong thread). :)

Thank you~<3

Aaah we have a couple of those, actually! They're fine and totally an OK thing. here is a document with all the SSSSonas organized by nationality at some point and we have a handful of people from places other than Scandinavia :3c
YEET