Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843069 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4185 on: September 09, 2015, 06:26:07 PM »
One can only dream~
Shovels would actually be pretty decent troll-slaying weapons if used correctly.

See you could write that book. Then it would be a thing. I'm beginning to think you have some of the expertise required for it.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #4186 on: September 09, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »
Although, it doesn't say anything specifically about killing people with shovels. *attempts to save face*
What else would keep the guardsguy from picking you up by the scruff and sending you flying into the great outdoors!?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4187 on: September 09, 2015, 07:41:14 PM »
it's mad robin's Marja again!

maybe things look surprisingly serene now, but that's just because you can't see what state the bike is in

*obsesses over the pretty colors*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4188 on: September 09, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
I had to finish this or else I would have completely forgotten about it forever, so Ragnarok, have an art/writing trade!

This was challenging because I'm not used to drawing more masculine figures, and so I had to experiment. I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, but it's a lot better than previous attempts (I even used a reference picture! Look at me, being all arty :P) And don't feel like you need to complete your half soon, take your time :)
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4189 on: September 10, 2015, 05:26:24 AM »
Remember when I said I was bad at drawing? That was just digital art. Took this with my phone since I have no scanner.

Cool! The scars? Well they are definitely not the work of a certain pair of devil-cats, are they? One thing is for sure, Sóley will not tell...
The magazines (or whatever they're called) on the bandolier make me want cupcakes

Ana Nymus, nice work! Very artsy, reference pictures are a good thing to have.
Here's the (probably) last ssssona for now, as today is the last day of vacation. Next week I will be on a course in Bergen, and will only be on the forum from my phone.
This is for Jesty, Alice is probably a few years older here, and has learned how hard it can be.
Upper body stance shamelessly stolen from Lee Christmas AKA Jason Statham in The Expendables. But the position of the legs I had to figure out myself to get something that looked natural as the picture only showed the torso. I think it turned out pretty well! That right hand - I redrew that hand at least three times, but everytime it turned out teeny-tiny in proportion to the rest of the body. Finally I just expanded it the lazy way, by clicking and dragging.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:05:52 AM by Unlos »

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #4190 on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:27 AM »
I had to finish this or else I would have completely forgotten about it forever, so Ragnarok, have an art/writing trade!

This was challenging because I'm not used to drawing more masculine figures, and so I had to experiment. I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out, but it's a lot better than previous attempts (I even used a reference picture! Look at me, being all arty :P) And don't feel like you need to complete your half soon, take your time :)
THIS IS GLORIOUS.

Cool! The scars? Well they are definitely not the work of a certain pair of devil-cats, are they? One thing is for sure, Sóley will not tell...
The magazines (or whatever they're called) on the bandolier make me want cupcakes

Haha nope. Though he did try an exorcism on them once.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4191 on: September 10, 2015, 08:04:20 AM »
Ana Nymus, nice work! Very artsy, reference pictures are a good thing to have.

I'm learning ^-^

THIS IS GLORIOUS.

Glad you like it! ;D
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4192 on: September 10, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »

This is so badass-looking, it would fit right in on an action movie poster! The pose is amazing, and good on you for using a reference. It took me a while to realise that I could actually use those to improve without being embarrassed, and neglecting that can sometimes take a toll on how well proportions look, I think ;)

This is for Jesty, Alice is probably a few years older here, and has learned how hard it can be.
Upper body stance shamelessly stolen from Lee Christmas AKA Jason Statham in The Expendables. But the position of the legs I had to figure out myself to get something that looked natural as the picture only showed the torso. I think it turned out pretty well! That right hand - I redrew that hand at least three times, but everytime it turned out teeny-tiny in proportion to the rest of the body. Finally I just expanded it the lazy way, by clicking and dragging.

Again, this is so badass. The stance looks amazing! How do you do it
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4193 on: September 10, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »
Ana, that looks awesome! :D

Yes how do you do it teach me senpai
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #4194 on: September 10, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »

*GASP* THIS is so awesome! I love how you drew Alice! Her pose, her expression, the hands....most best! Myyaa I love it all! Just so happy you drew her x3

Aaaaaand I tried to digital art and I have no idea what I am doing but I tried and this is the first thing I finished so be proud of me \o/

Goodness gracious how does krita even work? >.>
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4195 on: September 10, 2015, 11:12:42 PM »
Aaaaaand I tried to digital art and I have no idea what I am doing but I tried and this is the first thing I finished so be proud of me \o/

THE LINES ARE SO THIIIIIIIIN *is jealous*

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4196 on: September 11, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »

Krita is good for colouring, but I don't like it for lineart. For that I think SAI is a lot better, it has crisp brushes and also smoothing.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4197 on: September 11, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
Krita is good for colouring, but I don't like it for lineart. For that I think SAI is a lot better, it has crisp brushes and also smoothing.

Points to this! Firealpaca and Sai are fantastic for lineart. It's very very hard to make messy lineart in those if you put in a little effort and jack the stabilizer/smoother up. v_v That said your lineart is SUPER ADORABLE and really clean and what lovely thin lines, huuuuuuu (≧◡≦) ♡
YEET

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4198 on: September 11, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »

Yes how do you do it teach me senpai

Thank you! EEEE you called me senpai :D EEEE! I don't feel like one, but will try to give a boring lecture: Starting to draw from reference photos has taught me a lot! It really helps understanding human anatomy (except when the picture is like this one. I wanted to copy that pose because initially it looked really cool. Then I got to her calf, that just kept on going and going - if that is not someone being quite creative in photoshop, I don't know what is) I skip between trying to understand how the limbs are positioned, to just looking at the spaces between limbs, to get the pose the way it is in the reference. If something is off, that is sometimes the easiest way to spot it! It might help also that because of my work (I am a radiologist) I know Every Single Bone in the body (exepting the myriad of sesamoid bones that vary a lot) It helps to imagine where they go when I copy hands?

*GASP* THIS is so awesome! I love how you drew Alice! Her pose, her expression, the hands....most best! Myyaa I love it all! Just so happy you drew her x3

Thank you!

Ohh, pretty, I really like how you did her eyes!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4199 on: September 11, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »
*Runs into room and slams fist on table* IT IS DONE
I finally finished DarkRawen's art trade! ...Just way, way too late - I'm so sorry! This is actually not even my first attempt at the drawing, because I wasn't happy with my first version so I scrapped it. Anyway...

Hans Sebastian Really Hates Paperwork

ugh the lighting really makes it look bad

I'm just going to say this now: I actually really enjoy watercolour, and feel it's one of the few mediums that I have acquired some level of skill in. What I didn't take into account was how different colouring portraits is compared to say, landscape or still life. Soooo, I've learnt something, and really need to work on using watercolour for portraits. That is all.

*EDIT: I lowered the contrast a bit to make it look better*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:55:57 AM by KauniitaUnia »
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10: