Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842243 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4095 on: September 01, 2015, 11:59:03 PM »
I have a sona, now, finally.  XD  Meant to make one ages ago, but Curry's series of headshots got me off my butt and finally making my own thingy. 
I honestly didn't plan to finish this on the forum's birthday, but hey, this works out pretty great, right?  :D  I'll also post the music I listened to while drawing it, because guitar music is seriously great for drawing to~  <3  Both songs are by Mike Dawes, and feature the word "Boogie" in the title.

Spoiler: Picture! • show

Yay! I'm so glad to finally see the final product!! It looks amazing! I know I said this before, but THOSE HANDS. THEY'RE AMAZING.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #4096 on: September 02, 2015, 01:47:19 AM »
COOL ARTS NOW I WANNA DRAW MY SSSSONA FOR THE CELEBRATION even though I'm kinda laaaateeee
Me:"MISEA NO YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR HANDS"
Me: "I WANNA DRAW AND I'M GONNA DO IT"
never say that I have a good level of self-preservation
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4097 on: September 02, 2015, 05:54:48 AM »
I have a sona, now, finally.  XD  Meant to make one ages ago, but Curry's series of headshots got me off my butt and finally making my own thingy. 
I honestly didn't plan to finish this on the forum's birthday, but hey, this works out pretty great, right?  :D  I'll also post the music I listened to while drawing it, because guitar music is seriously great for drawing to~  <3  Both songs are by Mike Dawes, and feature the word "Boogie" in the title.

Welcome to the Perssssona board! Here is your infodump slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gc76874e15_0_0

COOL ARTS NOW I WANNA DRAW MY SSSSONA FOR THE CELEBRATION even though I'm kinda laaaateeee

Do iiiiiiiit ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #4098 on: September 02, 2015, 08:01:43 AM »

aaaa it's so nice to see your art again, your style is so cool!

also hey, hey Sóley, what'cha reeeaadiiing

guitarist sona: revealed
it's a really nice drawing!!

the Gala will probably be going all week if not longer, so please attend!! but don't ruin your hands o_o
you'll know where to find me.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #4099 on: September 02, 2015, 08:20:27 AM »
Welcome to the Perssssona board! Here is your infodump slide: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gc76874e15_0_0

Ah, thanks! I'll put up a bio on here when I have some free time this week.
Feel free to PM.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4100 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:41 AM »
First an apology, I haven't been particularly active on this forum or thread recently. There were perfectly legitimate and demanding circumstances that caused this, but it still galls me that I promised to finish my art trades by a certain point and I wasn't able to follow though with this. I can't even say I'll be more active from now on, because things are changing and at the moment I have so little idea what the next day will bring, and I really won't for a while :/ I think it will be good though ^_^

I can't comment on everything that I've missed since last posting, but I'm giving special mention to the Burtons, because I freaking love that stuff! Those were glorious pages to read through  ;D

Anyway, finally an art trade. Mad Robin, this one's for you, thanks for being so patient :)
Marja is delivering some very important mail, but it's getting dark........

Japanese scanners confuse me so I just uploaded directly from my phone, which is why it looks strange and has table and stuff visible :P
Spoiler: show

I was originally planning on having her running amongst houses and buildings, but then managed to get lost in the middle of the Bavarian Alps while on holiday with my brothers. The feeling of the forest was so amazing I decided to scrap everything I'd done and do that instead, which I regret not at all because I love drawing trees :)

Also, assuming the party is still going this weekend I'll join in and draw something for the celebrations as well ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #4101 on: September 02, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »
Gwenno, that forest is so lovely, it's a very very beautiful composition. My favourite things: The folds on her pants, the earth/dry leaves beside the stram, and the moss-grown root of that fallen tree. Good look with exciting and interesting times!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4102 on: September 02, 2015, 12:25:02 PM »
Ah, thanks! I'll put up a bio on here when I have some free time this week.

Great! I'll add it to the slide when you post it :)

This is beautiful! The colours and detail are amazing
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #4103 on: September 02, 2015, 12:40:18 PM »
First an apology, I haven't been particularly active on this forum or thread recently. There were perfectly legitimate and demanding circumstances that caused this, but it still galls me that I promised to finish my art trades by a certain point and I wasn't able to follow though with this. I can't even say I'll be more active from now on, because things are changing and at the moment I have so little idea what the next day will bring, and I really won't for a while :/ I think it will be good though ^_^

I can't comment on everything that I've missed since last posting, but I'm giving special mention to the Burtons, because I freaking love that stuff! Those were glorious pages to read through  ;D

Anyway, finally an art trade. Mad Robin, this one's for you, thanks for being so patient :)
Marja is delivering some very important mail, but it's getting dark........

Japanese scanners confuse me so I just uploaded directly from my phone, which is why it looks strange and has table and stuff visible :P
Spoiler: show

I was originally planning on having her running amongst houses and buildings, but then managed to get lost in the middle of the Bavarian Alps while on holiday with my brothers. The feeling of the forest was so amazing I decided to scrap everything I'd done and do that instead, which I regret not at all because I love drawing trees :)

Also, assuming the party is still going this weekend I'll join in and draw something for the celebrations as well ^_^

Impressive work on the forest, the stroke style is very watercolour-y.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4104 on: September 02, 2015, 08:29:41 PM »
Do iiiiiiiit ;)

Hold me to it 'cause I'm sleep-deprived and procrastinating on important things and it's only been a week

GWENNO THAT LOOKS FABULOUS
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4105 on: September 03, 2015, 02:24:30 AM »
HULLO HULLO I HAVE TO GET HOMEWORK DONE BUT I PUT OFF STUFF AND FINISHED (sort of) THIS FOR THE FORUM BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE:

shoddy anatomy is courtesy of misea's lack of patience

maybe I'll clean it up a little more later...

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4106 on: September 03, 2015, 02:29:41 AM »
HULLO HULLO I HAVE TO GET HOMEWORK DONE BUT I PUT OFF STUFF AND FINISHED (sort of) THIS FOR THE FORUM BIRTHDAY A DAY LATE:

Oh my gosh this is so cute! And the logos on her buttons, eee! ;D
I haven't even started inking my party drawing and I have a feeling I might never get to it because of stuff... >_>

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

videovance

« Reply #4107 on: September 03, 2015, 03:54:16 AM »

oh my gosh this is so cute!! I love the way you draw faces aaaAAAHHHH (also good luck with homework!!)

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #4108 on: September 03, 2015, 07:19:23 AM »

AHH It looks great! I love the design of her outfit! And the expression! (And I love how you sneaked the logo design into the buttons - clever!)
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4109 on: September 03, 2015, 12:03:25 PM »
Oh my gosh this is so cute! And the logos on her buttons, eee! ;D
I haven't even started inking my party drawing and I have a feeling I might never get to it because of stuff... >_>
oh my gosh this is so cute!! I love the way you draw faces aaaAAAHHHH (also good luck with homework!!)
AHH It looks great! I love the design of her outfit! And the expression! (And I love how you sneaked the logo design into the buttons - clever!)

Takk! C:
Piney: YOU CAN DO IIIIIITTTTT