Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842063 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4020 on: August 28, 2015, 12:40:01 AM »
Okay last art for the next little while. This one's for Fenris

Aaaahhh sorry some of the lettering got smudged I'm a leftie
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4021 on: August 28, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »

...all I can see here is Fen with his cup of coffee going out for a nice, bracing morning melee. X) Well done.
yes I understand it's supposed to be a flagon but my brain hasn't woken up yet
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4022 on: August 29, 2015, 01:50:46 AM »
Finished my art trade with Ana! I'm sorry that this is so late! Also sorry if it's out of character because I kinda just drew the first thing that came to mind

(Oh, and I love your 'sona's hair)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4023 on: August 29, 2015, 08:31:12 AM »
It took me a while to clean up the sketch, but I've finally finished my art-trade with DarkRawen! Poor newbie is always sent to carry supplies, this must be sometimes after the team has landed and are busy at the dock..The grey thinks are supposed to be blankets, and who knows what's in those bags, hmm?

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4024 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
Finished my art trade with Ana! I'm sorry that this is so late! Also sorry if it's out of character because I kinda just drew the first thing that came to mind

(Oh, and I love your 'sona's hair)

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! Yay, I love it! And it's totally in character: she loves to take opportunities to babble in any language she can! (and you drew the bag. If the bag is there all else is unimportant. She loves that bag). Thank you, thank you thank you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And funny thing you mention the hair. Originally, I was trying to draw very curly hair, and I kinda sorta failed because as it turns out, I can't draw curly hair. But after looking at it a little bit more, I really liked it the way it was, and I kept it that way And I still can't draw curly hair, so....
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #4025 on: August 29, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
It took me a while to clean up the sketch, but I've finally finished my art-trade with DarkRawen! Poor newbie is always sent to carry supplies, this must be sometimes after the team has landed and are busy at the dock..The grey thinks are supposed to be blankets, and who knows what's in those bags, hmm?

Nice :D And those wouldn't happen to be body-bags, right? (Bad pun is bad >_>). Anyways, I love it, from the; "God why me" expression to the background, to the pose that makes it clear that he's carrying a little too much or something a little too fragile :P Thanks (:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #4026 on: August 29, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »
OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo! Yay, I love it! And it's totally in character: she loves to take opportunities to babble in any language she can! (and you drew the bag. If the bag is there all else is unimportant. She loves that bag). Thank you, thank you thank you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And funny thing you mention the hair. Originally, I was trying to draw very curly hair, and I kinda sorta failed because as it turns out, I can't draw curly hair. But after looking at it a little bit more, I really liked it the way it was, and I kept it that way And I still can't draw curly hair, so....

Yay, got the Ana seal of approval! You're welcome!! :D
I don't know how to draw curly hair either. Fluffy/fwooshy hair is my favorite.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4027 on: August 29, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
I finished my art trade with KauniitaUnia! Getting better at trees and poses. :)

Hope you like it!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4028 on: August 29, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
I finished my art trade with KauniitaUnia! Getting better at trees and poses. :)

Hope you like it!

I love it! The pose is excellent, if a bit precarious :P I wonder why I'm in the tree? Maybe to escape a troll, or survey my surroundings? Whatever it is, I look kinda worried about it... A normal scouting trip, then.

I'm working on your half of the trade, and I hope to get it done in a couple of days! I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I have some coursework to finish for the start of school which will have to take priority :/
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #4029 on: August 29, 2015, 03:29:52 PM »
Glad you like it! And no rush, school stuff definitely takes priority.
Spoiler: Rambling about the pose • show
I'm ridiculously proud of the pose because you're absolutely right, it is precarious! I got reference from an episode of Red vs. Blue by Roosterteeth, when the Freelancers break into the vault and fight Sharkface(the flamethrower guy). Carolina jumps onto the purple plane, and just for a second, she has that pose. So I paused there and used it for reference. A very weird little piece of inspiration.  ::)
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4030 on: August 29, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »

AKA present day Ana after spending too much time texting Viola
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #4031 on: August 29, 2015, 03:39:51 PM »
AKA present day Ana after spending too much time texting Viola

That is actually scarily accurate...
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4032 on: August 29, 2015, 03:43:43 PM »
Glad you like it! And no rush, school stuff definitely takes priority.
Spoiler: Rambling about the pose • show
I'm ridiculously proud of the pose because you're absolutely right, it is precarious! I got reference from an episode of Red vs. Blue by Roosterteeth, when the Freelancers break into the vault and fight Sharkface(the flamethrower guy). Carolina jumps onto the purple plane, and just for a second, she has that pose. So I paused there and used it for reference. A very weird little piece of inspiration.  ::)

Thanks for understanding :)
If there's a correct way to reference a pose, that's definitely it - it looks great!

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #4033 on: August 29, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »
Finished my art trade with KauniitaUnia as well. :)

Spoiler: Art-trade (: • show

It's sort of a start of shift (with the sunset), eating a chocolate chip cookie picture. I dunno, I just got inspired to do that with the info in the infodump, so I went with it :P

Also, the rifle-strap is wrapped around her hand for convenience, if that was unclear.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:09:12 PM by DarkRawen »

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4034 on: August 29, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »
Finished my art trade with KauniitaUnia as well. :)

Spoiler: Art-trade (: • show

Two responses in one day - I'm so lucky!
Aw this is so sweet! I love it so much aaaaaaa
The background and details in the uniform are both amazing and the cookie really fits with Hanna's character - did you read the section of her bio on her love for biscuits/pastries, or is it a coincidence? Either way, this picture is fantastic :)