Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841644 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #4005 on: August 27, 2015, 03:54:03 PM »
Still alive, stuff got very busy at work and whatnot... just caught up to....the blorptroll being ruined....

Spoiler:  my mental reaction goes here, 80s spiderman away! • show

Yes I am still working on the dossiers, just work has had me busy.

Here's a photo from work btw.

Spoiler:  because I like spoilers and it lets me make alt text..Legalize marijauna they said... it will be fine they said. • show

Nah, nah that's just smoke from a local fire about 20 miles to the south. Visibility is maybe 1 mile at the best, and there should be a couple dormant/extinct volcanos in the background.

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #4006 on: August 27, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
Wow, this is super creative and looks amazing! What materials did you use? They're really effective ;)

Thanks! I used pencil to draw everything out first, then I did the background with watercolour. I outlined the sketch in brown and dark brown coloured pencil, then I used watercolour again to paint the torso, and to fill in some details. Then I coloured the eye holes with black pen. The writing is done with a dull coloured pencil (this is actually almost the same process I used for Trinka's as well)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4007 on: August 27, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
Thanks! I used pencil to draw everything out first, then I did the background with watercolour. I outlined the sketch in brown and dark brown coloured pencil, then I used watercolour again to paint the torso, and to fill in some details. Then I coloured the eye holes with black pen. The writing is done with a dull coloured pencil (this is actually almost the same process I used for Trinka's as well)

Thank you! I assumed you used watercolour or maybe ink for the background, but wasn't sure about the torso and shading. Now you've clarified I can see it though :P You've used the pencil very well!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4008 on: August 27, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »
Thank you! I assumed you used watercolour or maybe ink for the background, but wasn't sure about the torso and shading. Now you've clarified I can see it though :P You've used the pencil very well!

I also used pencil to do some of the details on the torso, but I'm not sure if they show up in the photograph
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4009 on: August 27, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
I also used pencil to do some of the details on the torso, but I'm not sure if they show up in the photograph

Do you mean the shading in lighter brown? Because you can see that with the picture in it's larger size, don't worry :)

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4010 on: August 27, 2015, 04:42:07 PM »
Do you mean the shading in lighter brown? Because you can see that with the picture in it's larger size, don't worry :)

No there are like hash marks on the darker brown. It looks a bit more scaly in person.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4011 on: August 27, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
No there are like hash marks on the darker brown. It looks a bit more scaly in person.

Hmm no, they don't really show up as much, I'm sorry. That's the problem with photographing traditional art; it never looks quite as good as in real life.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4012 on: August 27, 2015, 04:49:15 PM »
Hmm no, they don't really show up as much, I'm sorry. That's the problem with photographing traditional art; it never looks quite as good as in real life.

Yeah. That's why I'm trying to give all my art trades to the people that I made them for. I'm thinking once I get settled in my new place and actually have a proper address, I could mail them out.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4013 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
Yeah. That's why I'm trying to give all my art trades to the people that I made them for. I'm thinking once I get settled in my new place and actually have a proper address, I could mail them out.

That's a really good idea! Do you mind if I maybe copy it if I ever do an art trade traditionally? I use my tablet and my art supplies pretty much equally at the moment, so that's a real possibility...

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4014 on: August 27, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »
That's a really good idea! Do you mind if I maybe copy it if I ever do an art trade traditionally? I use my tablet and my art supplies pretty much equally at the moment, so that's a real possibility...

Mailing stuff? Yeah sure go ahead! I have no claims to the idea, I'm not the first one to mail art here :)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4015 on: August 27, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »
Mailing stuff? Yeah sure go ahead! I have no claims to the idea, I'm not the first one to mail art here :)

Oh well, thanks anyway ;) I guess I'm just not around enough to see anyone else do it... Or I have a terrible memory. Either way.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #4016 on: August 27, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
Oh well, thanks anyway ;) I guess I'm just not around enough to see anyone else do it... Or I have a terrible memory. Either way.

Mailing stuff is usually done through PMs because of addresses. But there's also the postcard thread.

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #4017 on: August 27, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
Mailing stuff is usually done through PMs because of addresses. But there's also the postcard thread.

Oh yep, I have seen that. I was a bit too late to get involved in it though :/ I had assumed that PMs would be the best way to arrange it due to the kinda confidential nature of the information. Thanks for the advice ^^

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #4018 on: August 27, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »

(hi i love your face) m-ew, misea, onemagnificentgoalie (cute!)
ParanormalAndroid, jjkdj what a cute design, Petronella, Ragnarok
Rollo, videovance, Sectoboss, Trinka, Viisikielinenkantele (ooo I like your face)

Oooh, wonderful stuff there! Thank you!

Still alive, stuff got very busy at work and whatnot... just caught up to....the blorptroll being ruined....

Spoiler:  my mental reaction goes here, 80s spiderman away! • show

You're welcome :)
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #4019 on: August 27, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »
ohhhh man really long post ahead. I'm so sorry, but I'm trying to reply more often because sometimes people ask questions and it just goes unanswered because I'm so bad at remembering :___3c

EEEEE I GOT CURRIFIED (ºvº)
AND EVERYONE LOOKS SO FABULOUS ASLFKJSDKJHFJGSJJliUEFGYDHJSV< BN
OMG, I haven't checked this thread for ages, and almost missed these lovely drawings of all of the SSSSonas. They're fantastic!
Guys, please keep being so great at drawing 'sonas (especially mine as I have no art skills and any drawings of mine make me so freaking happy).
Thank you Piney and Curry for drawing my sona! I thought everyone had already forgotten about him :o
Oooh, wonderful stuff there! Thank you!

AAAA THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

EEEE! You drew me! Yay, thank you! (Your drawings make me realize that I really need to work on diversifying noses, because you draw such a cool variety!)
Aaaaah thank you!! I've worked really hard to get variation into my faces over the years so I'm glad to see that it works :___3c

Omgeeeeeeeeee I was so not expecting this today. Like seriously I checked my phone and the email had like the same subject as the last one, and I was curious as to whether you drew them again, or if you just made a duplicate of the previous one in case we didn't see them XD

May I ask if you're drawing from both like, pictures of how we look, and our drawings of our SSSSonas? Is it either or? Or a combination of the two? HMMMMMMMMMM

:P

You do well at drawing, as always :) Thank you for being kind. Maybe I'll even learn to love my face eventually :P

I'm so glad you're happy!!! :D I actually use a combination of both if possible because then it lets me see what aspects of the drawings are parts of people's style and what's actually their faces, so then I can mix and match them to fit my style :) Like, for you, I used the pictures in the How Do You Look thread to get more of the jawline and general nose shape and your drawing for the eyes and the adorable eyelashes and a combination of both for the hair length and texture :0 if you get a third message with the same title it's because i really really love drawing your face and i've finished part 2 of my favorite sonas to draw, ehehe

Ah these are so pretty! Thank you! I should probably get more active on the forum again because everyone here is so nice? (Also everyone's such good artists why can't I d r a w...)
ANYBODY CAN DRAW  (๑•̀ᗝ•́)૭
I liked your drawing of your sona! You've got a cool art style, especially in the eyes :D (also, you're welcome!!)

I think I'm gonna be echoing everyone else when I say that this is amazing!! everyone looks so good omg. i am very pleased with this growing trend of drawing everyone's ssssonas. yes. good
(also you draw vide so well aaaaahhhh i'm considering just somehow giving him to you so i can see more amazing art of him 0v0) (jk please don't take my son)
Thank you!!! (DON'T WORRY I WOULD NEVER TAKE YOUR SON FROM YOU. JUST DRAW. INORDINATE AMOUNTS OF FANART be prepared for more[/i])

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaa all of these are amazing and I'm also awed at your dedication... I'm a little scared by the fact that the way you drew Emil looks closer to irl emil than the way I drew him
I will draw all the sonas..... Also, whoa, really?? :0 Maybe that's my True Special Power. drawing people recognizably without ever seeing their faces, oops
I was going off of your drawing though so you got it pretty spot on if that's the case :D

If only I had a facial structure like that :P Looks good, though, the hair is perfect :3
Ehehe, oops, I was going off memory for a lot of these and my brain tends to fill in gaps in funky ways ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ
I'm glad the hair is on point though!! :D

*making inhuman noises again*
*inhuman noises intensify*

Yay arts!
Spoiler: show
the eye is scary and the scars are on the wrong side but still so much awesome

Let me repeat: ARTS!!
aaaaaaaaaaa dangit I messed up ___(:3/L)______ note to self: seriously don't go off of memory it will not end well
again,, ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒ ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ
Wow this is simply fantastic! Thanks!

(and I am fun to draw!. YAY!!)
Eeee thank you (and you're welcome!)!! I really love your sona's design :)

EDIT: I FORGOT THIS HOW COULD I
After checking the Pinterest board I noticed that Unlos had made a super gorgeous picture of Iina (but I'm on my iPad and I have no idea how to work with computery stuff and link it from her imgur gallery? ) I felt like I had to give it a shot, so I drew her 'sona, along with Curry's and Piney's.

They don't look very similar to how they're supposed to look, but I guess I didn't mess it up as much as I thought I would?  dont judge me I'm not an artist

Spoiler: show

SCREECHING
These are so cute!!!! Thank you so much :DDD
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:58:28 PM by Curry »
YEET