Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841888 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3960 on: August 24, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
No offence but you have some work to do on the darkness part *points at your avatar*
the book mage. the mage that turns darkness into light

Why... yes, this surprises me even more than the times someone's made the Lauftroll look cute: a very non-cute Haiz. What magic happened here, how did you succeed in this...
next herculean challenge: making blorptroll not cute!
I mean I still think almond-goddess managed it back then but people still called it cute so idek
you'll know where to find me.

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3961 on: August 24, 2015, 04:09:04 PM »

This is very cool! Although there is something about this rendition of Haiz that reminds me of someone who works at my local library, and now I'm thinking Haiz snapped and turned evil after one too many people didn't bring a book back on time or in less than pristine condition...

next herculean challenge: making blorptroll not cute!
I mean I still think almond-goddess managed it back then but people still called it cute so idek
Seeing as I've always imagined it as the head-spider from The Thing...

...that's not difficult.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3962 on: August 24, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
This is very cool! Although there is something about this rendition of Haiz that reminds me of someone who works at my local library, and now I'm thinking Haiz snapped and turned evil after one too many people didn't bring a book back on time or in less than pristine condition...
that could happen, you know.

...that's not difficult.
WELP okay you win

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #3963 on: August 24, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »
WELP okay you win

Blorptroll officially ruined for everyone.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3964 on: August 24, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »

Helen was a mage of darkness and power, holding knowledge of the nightmares that lurk within dreams that would wreck the minds of the strongest men. So why was it that everyone refused to see hir the way they really should?
It was maddening.

~~~A Thorny Disposition~~~

Look, I totally didn't die, I'm still here. Things are gonna slow down a little though, what with school starting up again (blegh).

Trinka?  Any chance you could Burtonize my villainSSSSona someday?  V!Sara Hallander is a perfect lady (of course) but rules her (extremely efficient) villain organization through a combination of sugary charm, management best practices, and ruthless manipulation and blackmail.  She'd probably end up somewhat like Aunts Spiker and Sponge in "James and the Giant Peach" (though don't let me deprive your imagination of room to roam...)

Illustration of her management style starts around here:  https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=537.msg60800#msg60800
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3965 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
No, Haiz, you are not still cute. You look like you're about to grab one of my internal organs and pull.

On a lighter note, here's my half of DarkRawen's art trade:

(Backgrounds: Not my thing.)(Also anatomy, take a look at his left leg. Or don't, your choice.)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #3966 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »
No, Haiz, you are not still cute. You look like you're about to grab one of my internal organs and pull.

(Backgrounds: Not my thing.)(Also anatomy, take a look at his left leg. Or don't, your choice.)
I think it looks nice, especially the uniform. If you practice hard you'll get even better! Says the person who draws bad fanarts herself...
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

DarkRawen

• Rawen can do it!
« Reply #3967 on: August 25, 2015, 04:00:35 AM »

Oh man, that's so neat. I love the expression, and the way the coat is pushed back. Also really like the boots :) And body language. :D Thanks!

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3968 on: August 25, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3969 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »
It's not much, but I did a couple of quick practice sketches of Keeper's 'sona so that I could get the feel for her features etc.

Keeper - how does this look? Are there any changes you would like me to make? I'd love to know before I make any major mistakes in the main picture! ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3970 on: August 26, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
It's not much, but I did a couple of quick practice sketches of Keeper's 'sona so that I could get the feel for her features etc.

Keeper - how does this look? Are there any changes you would like me to make? I'd love to know before I make any major mistakes in the main picture! ;)

I think my face is a little less round than that, but otherwise if you want, you can compare with this post from the How do you look thread. Honestly I don't see any other significant differences, but I guess a picture will probably help.
https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=223.msg41031#msg41031
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3971 on: August 26, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
Wohoo! I actually drew something for this thread :D

I found my old copy of ArtRage now that I moved and figured I might do my trade with Haiz as I played around with the program!
Version 1, just sketch and an attempt at cross hatching(?):

Version 2, going crazy with one of the brushes:

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #3972 on: August 26, 2015, 03:52:13 PM »
I found my old copy of ArtRage now that I moved and figured I might do my trade with Haiz as I played around with the program!
Version 1, just sketch and an attempt at cross hatching(?):

Version 2, going crazy with one of the brushes:

OOOO cool!!! I like the sketch one a lot, but HANG ON I SPY A UNICORN
thank youuuu!!!

also I should get some art trades done soon, heh, even the people who said they'll take long have done theirs.... *innocent cough*

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3973 on: August 26, 2015, 03:53:35 PM »
wow I've been gone for so long! I was ignoring everything and was frustrated with my computer was busy! And also sick. Everything is lovely, though, everyone!

Piney, thank you for drawing me Beth! ^.^ so... cute...
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3974 on: August 26, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »
OOOO cool!!! I like the sketch one a lot, but HANG ON I SPY A UNICORN
thank youuuu!!!

also I should get some art trades done soon, heh, even the people who said they'll take long have done theirs.... *innocent cough*
I'm really happy you liked them!! :D And how could I draw Haiz and not add a unicorn? ;)

I was expecting it to take longer, but I'm sick and procrastinating :P

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3