Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841610 times)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3555 on: August 02, 2015, 08:11:00 PM »
aw yesss more villains.... this is Good this is a Good Thing
fun fact about the karri, i was actually going for one of the lower-tier villains but oops i think i ended up as the Big Bad. karri stop that you're barely suited for killing trolls much less people

ANYWAYS! I finished my art trade with Kizzy!

Their profile says that they like books and languages, but languages are hard to convey over a soundless image, so books it was! :D pfffstscchthcthhh backgrounds are so mainstream
YEET

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3556 on: August 02, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »
ah oh god! I made a mistake a terrible mistake!

Anyway..um, now that I fixed that, how's it look ?

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #3557 on: August 02, 2015, 10:14:44 PM »
Here's my half of the art trade with daiseerose!

... I think I've arted myself out for the week. Maybe for the next two weeks. *flops in art block hell*
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

daiseerose

« Reply #3558 on: August 02, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »

... I think I've arted myself out for the week. Maybe for the next two weeks. *flops in art block hell*
Eeeeeepppp! I love it! I love her hair, and its very awesome!!!!!

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #3559 on: August 03, 2015, 12:57:17 AM »
Here I am with an art trade, I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

I just. ugh. Once I get an idea for something cool into my head, I know I have to make it nice and do it justice, but then the useless artist inside me ALWAYS starts working on it, realizes it's going to take a while, and just NOPES right out of the project like HALF WAY THROUGH, and I have to physically force myself to sit down and FINISH. THE. DARN. THING.

So that was my long-winded way of apologizing to Daéa Reina for this art trade taking so long orz
Hope you like it; I felt like Rosy the Riveter would be a fitting model for Dia, who loves to fix things and DON'T NEED NO MAN, NUH-UH!

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

John Candlebury

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • No John, you are the demons
« Reply #3560 on: August 03, 2015, 01:07:25 AM »
I drew my own character, which came out super cartoonish:

Spoiler: Bio? • show

Name: Mathias Haaning.
Profession: Radio operator.
Nationality: Danish
Area of birth: Reykjavik
Languages: :denmark:, :iceland:
Immunity: Yes

Abilities:
+Experienced seaman (much to his dislike).
+Astronavigator.
+Encyclopedic knowledge about electronics.
-Said enciclopedia only spoke about radios.
-Despises the sea.
-Will not stop telling you how much he hates the sea.

Biographic info:
-The Haaning family owns one of the oldest danish merchant firms, although the term "merchant firm" might be quite an overstatement, as their whole fleet consists of only 2 family operated ships. And as family tradition dictated, Mathias, along with his 5 older siblings, was raised aboard the family's merchant ships.

-Very friendly and outgoing, for someone who spent his whole childhood in a floating tin can.

-He joined the danish army at the age of 15, partly because he was hoping for an opportunity to explore the silent world as a cleanser, but mostly because he wanted  an opportunity to never set foot on a ship again. It didn't really work well, as he was assigned to coastguard duty, a post he had to endure for almost six years.

-After that he was finally  relocated to the Oresund Bridge Military base, where he works as a radio operator and maintainer. The job is considerably better than the last, if only because it occasionally involves repairing the relay stations along the silent world coasts.

Its almost funny how hard it was for me to come up with that bio, guess writing backgrounds isn't really my thing.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #3561 on: August 03, 2015, 04:01:47 AM »

Abilities:
+Astronavigator.
-Despises the sea.

Biographic info:
-The Haaning family owns one of the oldest danish merchant firms, although the term "merchant firm" might be quite an overstatement, as their whole fleet consists of only 2 family operated ships. And as family tradition dictated, Mathias, along with his 5 older siblings, was raised aboard the family's merchant ships.

-Very friendly and outgoing, for someone who spent his whole childhood in a floating tin can.

-He joined the danish army at the age of 15, partly because he was hoping for an opportunity to explore the silent world as a cleanser, but mostly because he wanted  an opportunity to never set foot on a ship again. It didn't really work well, as he was assigned to coastguard duty, a post he had to endure for almost six years.

-After that he was finally  relocated to the Oresund Bridge Military base, where he works as a radio operator and maintainer. The job is considerably better than the last, if only because it occasionally involves repairing the relay stations along the silent world coasts.

Its almost funny how hard it was for me to come up with that bio, guess writing backgrounds isn't really my thing.

I like your SSSSona's background!  It's realistic and totally plausible in the context of the Known World, but with a hint of the sly humor Minna infuses the comic with.  It gives your character some backstory and motivation for why he'd join the SI Expedition, without bogging him down with detail.  I'm not surprised it was hard to come up with a bio -- building well-rounded characters is always a challenge.

I have to ask:  Are any of your character's co-workers shown here?  I hope standards of professionalism have risen in the Oresund Base radio shack since Trond & Co. were lurking there...   8)

EDIT:  I just noticed the mismatched boots and gloves -- how'd that happen?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 02:16:53 PM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3562 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:01 AM »

Abilities:
+Astronavigator.
-Despises the sea.

Biographic info:

Welcome ! :D It's always nice to see new faces and characters.
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

videovance

« Reply #3563 on: August 03, 2015, 08:17:39 AM »

This looks SO WONDERFUL and the background is AMAZING ;w; and agreed, I love the hair!!!

Abilities:
+Astronavigator.
-Despises the sea.

Biographic info:

Ooooooh dang, I really like your character! (also your art style is super great yes good)

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3564 on: August 03, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »

This is beautiful! I agree with the others about the hair :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Eriaror

• Ilmarinen
  • Scout
  • Intermediate apprentice of webpage wizardry
« Reply #3565 on: August 03, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »

That's really nice! I can almost feel the warm sunlight! :)
Also love the little scene in the background.
Native :hungary: | Fluent :uk: | Fading :germany:
:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3566 on: August 03, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
aaaaaaa beautiful art, everyone!!! and welcome to the squad, John Candlebury! Your 'sona is awesome.

aw yesss more villains.... this is Good this is a Good Thing
fun fact about the karri, i was actually going for one of the lower-tier villains but oops i think i ended up as the Big Bad.
hahahaha ha
evil!haiz is like. one of the villains early in the series, so they are very challenging and formidable but a season later they are small fry. maybe they're like. a recurring but useless villain. first impression is like "oooh what a cool design, they must be so tough!", second impression is "what a dork"

Haiz I love it!!! Now we can have evil battles out behind the academy over your socks and capes ;)
I TRIED TO ART REFLEX IT but the idea was too complex to manage properly *wipes single tear*

I really wanna try working on a lyric-drawing thing today, i'm so sorry art tradees^^"
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #3567 on: August 03, 2015, 11:25:49 AM »
I'm back to bullying other people's ssssonas, hello. :D This time it's Karri, I had free hands as long as the ssssona would survive somehow and - well - they probably will, as long as they get medical help very soon. Inspired by Gísla Saga Súrssonar, where a character gets his stomach cut open and uses his belt to tie down his guts so they won't get in his way while he continues to fight, so warnings for guts hanging out.

(I don't think Karri's going to keep fighting though, most likely they're about to do the smart thing and find help.)

The picture is here.

EDITing to add: larger version here in my DA.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:34:06 AM by Laufey »
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3568 on: August 03, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
Here I am with an art trade, I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG.

I just. ugh. Once I get an idea for something cool into my head, I know I have to make it nice and do it justice, but then the useless artist inside me ALWAYS starts working on it, realizes it's going to take a while, and just NOPES right out of the project like HALF WAY THROUGH, and I have to physically force myself to sit down and FINISH. THE. DARN. THING.

So that was my long-winded way of apologizing to Daéa Reina for this art trade taking so long orz
Hope you like it; I felt like Rosy the Riveter would be a fitting model for Dia, who loves to fix things and DON'T NEED NO MAN, NUH-UH!

:OOOO
LOOK AT HOW COOL SHE IS
Definitely worth the wait. Thank you so much!! I love it!

misea: Her hair looks amazing, the colors are amazing and... Who are those people arguing in the background? And is that Día sitting down?

John Candlebury: I really like your style and your character, really well done! Looks like his expression of "I regret everything" is permanent? At least while he is with the expedition...
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3569 on: August 03, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
I TRIED TO ART REFLEX IT but the idea was too complex to manage properly *wipes single tear*

Wooooo! It's so on now ;) *drops hockey gloves*
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help