Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841561 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3540 on: August 01, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
Aaaaaand I'm back to making art! WOOOOOOOOO!!!! First victim is Gwenno!!!

Hope you like it! :D
Hehehe Gwenno approves of being first victim  :3 (also I see you're using the salt trick, it's fun right!) This is really cool and i like it super lots  ;D !!!!! The way the wind is blowing the hair, the shadowing and the pose all make her seem cooler than I am >"< and there's something about your style that's just so dreamy! I'd almost say it looks kinda lonely as well with the big sky above, subdued I guess? It fits in nicely with some of the things I was trying to convey in the backstory actually  :) Also, can we just discuss how realistic that rock looks, because that's a very real looking rock  :o (Imma say limestone at a guess or weathered granite  :P )

Aha heh... When I first saw this, I misread Curry as Karri and

Oops
*gasp* they're going to eat the last slice! Truly this is a villain beyond morals  >:(
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3541 on: August 01, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
Resolution isn't good, that popup basically reads "an internal error has occurred"... or something like that.

*punches the nearest trollkin and wanders off*

*rolls over nervously*

uh
um
oKAY I KNOW THAT YOU'RE DOING A TON OF WORK FOR THIS BUT
uh
the skin and hair color need to be darkened by a bit
here is some selfies for reference (my phone has a horrible camera whoops)

Spoiler: show

haha sorry about how backlighty this one is

somewhat less backlighty

and don't worry about the way the hair is drawn, god knows i can't draw it properly

but like
nice work
im so sorry for putting you though this

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3542 on: August 01, 2015, 08:13:15 PM »
Hehehe Gwenno approves of being first victim  :3 (also I see you're using the salt trick, it's fun right!) This is really cool and i like it super lots  ;D !!!!! The way the wind is blowing the hair, the shadowing and the pose all make her seem cooler than I am >"< and there's something about your style that's just so dreamy! I'd almost say it looks kinda lonely as well with the big sky above, subdued I guess? It fits in nicely with some of the things I was trying to convey in the backstory actually  :) Also, can we just discuss how realistic that rock looks, because that's a very real looking rock  :o (Imma say limestone at a guess or weathered granite  :P )

Yay! So glad you like it! I figured since you tried the salt on me, I would have to try it on you. Also glad the rock is a big hit  :D
(and as I've offered to the others I've done art trades with, if I ever see you in real life, you may have the original)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3543 on: August 02, 2015, 12:59:06 AM »
before i die, i think you guys should know i love two things

1. myself
2. fall out boy

so whats the best thing to do? make a song comic with my sona, of course.

break the rules is still my theme song, but this one really rings with me.

and i think i might be doing an animation thingy. noting to complicated, hopefully.
and the internet just went out. turns out i am doing the animation thingy

((haha gimp is scary but i will conquer it)

Icon drawn by Piney

Alethryia

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3544 on: August 02, 2015, 01:03:02 AM »
Ah! I feel like I've been gone so long!!! Back from celebrating my mom's 50th birthday, but also have a Canadian relative visiting, setting up a new house, and starting my second year teaching in the next two weeks ... so you will likely see less of me during August.  :(

I am working on the Magesona art pieces, but am lacking in a dedicated art space right now as I'm visiting my family and am not at home - thus the delay in both that and any IP art trades!

In the mean time I've been wanting to post these for a while now! Random tidbits for Johanna's bio that don't really fit into her main personality and background profile, plus my first 100% digital art piece in at least three years and a lovely piece from Haiz!  ;D

Things that Anna loves to do:

~ If she thinks that nobody's watching she will dance in the rain with abandon! She feels somewhat foolish, but it just bring her so much joy and comfort in it's life-sustaining force. Even just listening to the sound of falling rain is a soothing comfort to her.

~ Cooking and baking are important to her, she got really bored of rations pretty darn quickly and started experimenting to make more interesting meals, she got hooked on baking while staying in Iceland and training as a mage.

~ Paper is a pretty special commodity so she treats it with care, embellishing paper-products to take full advantage of the material and make them more personal (making and sending cards is something she absolutely loves). She also keeps a memory book (google smashbook to get the idea) to store precious mementos and odd bits or relics that she finds in the silent world.

~ She's probably only only seen a few board and card games, but man-o-man does she ever love them! She particularly loves group/party games and collaborative board games. She's always ready and willing to play after getting back to camp! (She may or may not pass up on saving books if it means she can save a board game instead, I mean really - why have a book on golf when you can have Ticket to Ride instead?

Edit, how could I have almost forgotten this one?!?!
~ She drinks tea like noone's business! She loves, loves, loves a warm mug of tea and has a stash of tea leaves, it's pretty much her guilty pleasure and a lot of her spending money goes its way!

Art by me for the collaboration project:

Art by Haiz:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:04:59 PM by Alethryia »
Born into :canada:
Raised with :usa:
Struggled and lost with :spain:

I survived! :chap8:

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3545 on: August 02, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »
before i die, i think you guys should know i love two things

1. myself
2. fall out boy

so whats the best thing to do? make a song comic with my sona, of course.
but that's.... an imagine dragons song?

I've also been thinking of doing some kinda song-related thing with Haiz, so please don't think I'm copying you if I do^^" it's like
*hears a of monsters and men song* "this is such a haiz song" *hears another of monsters and men song* "this is such a haiz song" *hears another of monsters and men song* "this is such a h

Good luck on animation!!

~ Cooking and baking are important to her, she got really bored of rations pretty darn quickly and started experimenting to make more interesting meals, she got hooked on baking while staying in Iceland and training as a mage.
congrats you will be forever stuck at food making duty

the collaboaration piece is so pretty!!

And yes. This Sóley would steal ALLL of Haiz's clothing, even the ones she didn't want.
NO

(great art btw)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:25:36 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3546 on: August 02, 2015, 05:11:59 AM »
Curry: Karri as a magesona villian is creepily awesome!! ;D *can't stop staring at the blinking eyes*

Wohoo, let's be cooking buddies! \(^w^)/

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #3547 on: August 02, 2015, 10:53:38 AM »
Art by me for the collaboration project:

Gee, that cat is gorgeous! Your colors are always so nice and smooth, too.
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
« Reply #3548 on: August 02, 2015, 11:27:23 AM »
but that's.... an imagine dragons song?

I've also been thinking of doing some kinda song-related thing with Haiz, so please don't think I'm copying you if I do^^" it's like
*hears a of monsters and men song* "this is such a haiz song" *hears another of monsters and men song* "this is such a haiz song" *hears another of monsters and men song* "this is such a h

it was 12 am and i haven't been sleeping recently, give me some credit.

besides, i love fall out boy more than i love imagine dragons [immature out tongue sticking]

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT JOIN ME IN HELL THIS WAS A MISTAKE

Icon drawn by Piney

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3549 on: August 02, 2015, 11:30:06 AM »
Second victim is.... Mad Robin!

Sorry the colours look a bit wonky I only have my phone cameras to take pictures with :/
Thanks to Eriaror for fixing the colours!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:23:07 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3550 on: August 02, 2015, 04:21:48 PM »
What Sóley would look like if she were evil(er):

And yes. This Sóley would steal ALLL of Haiz's clothing, even the ones she didn't want. She would just steal all of it and hide it somewhere. Then she would sit and catapult cheese cubes at Laufey for a few hours. This is a very evil Sóley. Let's all be happy that she's not actually evil despite her shady past

Wow, you sound so evil. Clothes-stealing is the worst possible crime ;) And being attacked with cheese is no joke...
I love your floaty cape. Very Disney villain-esque!

Second victim is.... Mad Robin!

Sorry the colours look a bit wonky I only have my phone cameras to take pictures with :/
Thanks to Eriaror for fixing the colours!

Aw, Mad Robin is so cute in this picture! Both you and Feartheviolas are very skilled with watercolours :)

Alethryia, I updated your infodump slide with a link to the new information. Would you like to also update your picture to one of the newer ones, or leave as is?
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3551 on: August 02, 2015, 04:34:23 PM »

EEEEEEEE I LOVE IT! DO YOU GUYS SEE THIS?!?!? It's beautiful, and in character, and perfect, and...! It makes me want to go outside and read a book among the flowers right now  ;D

Yours is in the works, but I'm going to be away for a week and therefore unable to finish it (and the others I have to do) until I get back.

So glad you like it! *feels really flattered, but am not so good at coming up with something other than thank you. So thank you! I really love doing these :D
The Haiz memes are really cute and on point!

Eeee this is very pretty! I love the flowers.
Thank you! You were crucial in dragging me out of lurkdom and start drawing digitally (including buying myself a tablet) when you drew all those headshots, which was unexpected and so nice! Up til then I had hardly drawn anything digitally. 
wh.. did AUKarri take the last slice? Nnnnnnooooooo!!

Kick, selfies, cool! I was dragging my hair out on how to draw your hair and those were really helpful. I knew I had seen one of them before but couldn't find it!
Aand I've been saving the world in X-com and haven't finished the arttrade yet, but here's another WIP (under the spoiler)
Spoiler: show

I think my ssssona will quickly learn Alexis' name in order to avoid patting shoulder for getting attention. Yesthatsagoodidea.

Alethryia, welcome back! That's a really pretty sssona right there (and I've been wishing my ssssona had just a liitle magic in order to sneak into your magegroup arts. But no, she's as unmagic as can be.)
FeartheViolas: Love your watercolors!

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3552 on: August 02, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »
Geez, long time I'm not posting in here!
I missed stuff, again and again-- I should have a trophee(?) but meh
Keep the awesome work guys! ^^
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3553 on: August 02, 2015, 07:02:41 PM »
it was 12 am and i haven't been sleeping recently, give me some credit.

besides, i love fall out boy more than i love imagine dragons [immature out tongue sticking]

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT JOIN ME IN HELL THIS WAS A MISTAKE
hey i'm not judging! i like both bands and gods know I say weird things when I'm tired.
I WILL PROBABLY JOIN YOU IN SONG THING HELL but im not doin animation. we'll see what happens because i have no clue so far

ANYWAY i too attempted to anime-villainify my 'sona
keyword attempted

figuring out how Haiz would be a villain is... odd. Normal Haiz is insecure and scared, but they are very honest and open about it. Villain!haiz would be scared and insecure too, but in a destructive and scornful way instead. also incredibly bitter and will carry grudges for ten thousand years
I'm pretty pleased with how the design turned out, but I'm not sure if I managed to make it anime enough...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:26:40 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3554 on: August 02, 2015, 07:36:09 PM »
ANYWAY i too attempted to anime-villainify my 'sona
keyword attempted

figuring out how Haiz would be a villain is... odd. Normal Haiz is insecure and scared, but they are very honest and open about it. Villain!haiz would be scared and insecure too, but in a destructive and scornful way instead. also incredibly bitter and will carry grudges for ten thousand years
I'm pretty pleased with how the design turned out, but I'm not sure if I managed to make it anime enough...

Haiz I love it!!! Now we can have evil battles out behind the academy over your socks and capes ;)

Also because I cannot for some reason stop drawing things, I have yet another picture

Sóley is homesick