Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841864 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3495 on: July 30, 2015, 05:23:05 PM »
thank you for the comments on the mucha'd North O:

Is the axe... errr... *Had the word in french but only in french* in a special blacksmith technique which imply folding down the metal several times in order to have patterns inside ?
I was going to say valyrian steel but no it's just some knotwork pattern. I guess it's kind of really hard to see unless you zoom in^^" but if you go to the source I added and click on the picture there, you'll get a really good look!

These look awesome!! :D I especially love Martti's jacket! Haiz might not be the only one who has to worry about missing clothes now...
I agree but SÓLEY MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS

- on cosplaying your sona: YES ALWAYS ALLOWED. (besides, I've posted several pics of me in my viking garb in this very thread for that purpose...)

- jeez lots of really Nice Arts again lemme just. throw sparkles at ya. I hope you feel Appreciated

and speaking of me not using layers
I drew a thing
with layers
not that it's much of a difference from me not using them (or only two), but I was inspired by attending videovance's stream today, and I'm trying to get better at digital lineart
so I drew another haiz
again

I mean I always like drawing haiz because it's a cool excuse to draw myself but not really myself, but ever since I changed my avatar the urge has only worsened. And that's not even spiraling into what kind of character is haiz what is their personality i mean they're based on me but what is my personality and stuff I'm wayy too tired to actually consider right now.

also heads up that I'm going to Brno for the weekend again, so I won't be able to work on any art trades during the next few days. I currently have 11 people on my list because I can't stop adding people apparently, but you all knew you're in it for the long haul when you signed the contract, so I suppose there's no rush. things will happen when they happen. good night!
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #3496 on: July 30, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »
~doubleposts like a cool kid~

anyway, since its red cloud's birthday, i wanted to draw xyr something.

so here's galatea
giving a birthday cake to galatea

i used 8 layers on this i am the anti-haiz

well i merged them all at the end but that was so i could move the image around and not separate layers

!!!!
//another scream from Spain//
I LIKE THIS A LOT
It's so in-character! :D Thank you sooooo much! >w<

To y'all, I really like your drawings keep doing great :0 Also, today as a gift, I bought some watercolor pencils. Going to try them doing some 'sonas -points at laufeytroll-
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3497 on: July 30, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
*fangirls over all the amazing art that's been posted in the last few days*

I haven't been able to visit the forum much this week as I've been busy with some redecorating, but I did finish the art I was making for Curry!

I have to admit that the scarf isn't really my own design; I was browsing for clothes the other day, saw this scarf, and thought of Karri. It just seemed to me to be something they would wear :)
yay for product placement!
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3498 on: July 30, 2015, 07:08:52 PM »
*fangirls over all the amazing art that's been posted in the last few days*

I haven't been able to visit the forum much this week as I've been busy with some redecorating, but I did finish the art I was making for Curry!

I have to admit that the scarf isn't really my own design; I was browsing for clothes the other day, saw this scarf, and thought of Karri. It just seemed to me to be something they would wear :)
yay for product placement!

EEEEeE this is super cute!! :D They look so fashionable and cool! I love it so much aaaAAaaaa <3 I also really love how you draw clothing and folds! It looks really realistic and very cool.
YEET

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #3499 on: July 30, 2015, 07:17:35 PM »
EEEEeE this is super cute!! :D They look so fashionable and cool! I love it so much aaaAAaaaa <3 I also really love how you draw clothing and folds! It looks really realistic and very cool.

Thank you! I'm glad you like how they turned out :P Your 'sona is so fun to draw, especially their hair~

On a side note as I forgot to add this to the previous post, I added Danskjavlar's 'sona to the infodump. Here is the slide!
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gc46b0a083_14_0
I love your forum name, btw ;)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3500 on: July 30, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »
Erm--
Talking about the infodump, can somebody please update my 'sona? Like, there's some changes in Gala and it's not updated yet ^^"

also, someone wants an art trade? //hides
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3501 on: July 30, 2015, 07:34:37 PM »
Erm--
Talking about the infodump, can somebody please update my 'sona? Like, there's some changes in Gala and it's not updated yet ^^"

Ahaha, if it isn't updated, that means we missed it (which also means that alas I do not know what the changes were unless you PM me the links.) I'd be glad to update it after!
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3502 on: July 30, 2015, 07:36:05 PM »
Erm--

also, someone wants an art trade? //hides
Arrt trraade?
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3503 on: July 30, 2015, 07:37:55 PM »
Ahaha, if it isn't updated, that means we missed it (which also means that alas I do not know what the changes were unless you PM me the links.) I'd be glad to update it after!

I'll PM you with the post in a quote right now, just let me search it ^^

Arrt trraade?

arrrrtt trrraaade!
     - Adam Young

prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3504 on: July 30, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »
Art trade for Piney time! I like to call this one "How Piney bakes her cookies"

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3505 on: July 30, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »

Aaaaaaaaa! This is a great idea omg; I love it!! ;D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

videovance

« Reply #3506 on: July 31, 2015, 03:00:07 AM »
Haiz: [gently pats your face] this looks absolutely lovely! (and I am quite honoured you were inspired by the stream!! you managed to do the weird shade/lighten technique much nicer, i'm gonna copy you //smacked)

KickNRun: eeeeeeEEEEEEEEE THIS IS SUPER CUTE and you are improving so quickly oh my gosh it's almost scary (also, happy birthday RedCloud!)

KauniitaUnia: those FOLDS ARE AMAZING and it looks stunning! [laughs this is the least dangerous I have ever seen Karri]

Ana Nymus: The Only Real Way to make cookies, to be quite honest (it looks fantastic!)

Curry: [incoherent screeching in a good way] THIS IS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOL I love how creepy and amazing it is!! THAT ANIMATION IS AMAZING WOWOWOWOW //falls over

YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO TALENTED AND AMAZING ;W;

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3507 on: July 31, 2015, 05:09:40 AM »

Yes! Crispy outside, gooey inside, perfect!
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3508 on: July 31, 2015, 09:31:41 AM »

oooh this is such a nice karri!! is weird to see them without the evergrowing hair floof and their glasses, but this look really suits them!

trustworthy cookies indeed. I know I trust them

YELLS FOR A THOUSAND YEARS ABOUT THIS ART
i don't think i will ever be done staring at the hair

Haiz: [gently pats your face] this looks absolutely lovely! (and I am quite honoured you were inspired by the stream!! you managed to do the weird shade/lighten technique much nicer, i'm gonna copy you //smacked)
eeee thank you!!! but no I did absolutely not do it better?? also I realized your lines aren't completely black after I had posted it and was like "OOOOhhh so that's why it looks super different"
I. I'm gonna try again. but Later

keep up the good art everyone *____*
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3509 on: July 31, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
So I saw Ana Nymus yesterday and she made me these:

They're sooooo beautiful and I had to share them with you guys because wow they're amazing and thank you so much Ana! I love them!
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help