Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842609 times)

misea

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • perpetually sleepy night owl
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3465 on: July 29, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
heres how it looked without me playing around with layers

and yes, thats some creepy building i'm rushing into

heres how it looked with the sigil name thingy

Nice! c:
native :usa: | decent :france: | speak :china: | learning :spain: :italy: :sweden: :norway: :ireland: | wishlist: :finland: all

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :betterhat: :chap9:

courtesy of wolfie's magical intrnt skillz

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3466 on: July 29, 2015, 04:44:56 PM »

Yes. Fimby is meditating on top of a pile of weapons and dead trolls. Don't ask questions.

A sound mind rests in a harmonious body, which rests on a pile of vanquished enemies.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3467 on: July 29, 2015, 05:19:23 PM »

My part of art trades with Haiz and dasieerose
eeee thank you!! I think it turned out pretty nice ^______________^

here's my art trade with North:

Spoiler: original mucha poster • show

'prince of denmark', that's not too far away from 'king of the north', right?

as if tracing and stealing the background wasn't bad enough, I've also yoinked the axe decoration from... here, apparently. But I think all the tracing I'm doing lately is making me better at digital lineart! so that's exciting even if the proportions end up all weird for some reason
you'll know where to find me.

daiseerose

« Reply #3468 on: July 29, 2015, 05:24:25 PM »
Please excuse my crappy pencils sketches

My part of art trades with Haiz and dasieerose
Spoiler: show
It looks horrible and I'm sorry

!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! Her expression is awesome!!! Eeeepp! Thank you!

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #3469 on: July 29, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »
here's my art trade with North:

Spoiler: original mucha poster • show

'prince of denmark', that's not too far away from 'king of the north', right?

as if tracing and stealing the background wasn't bad enough, I've also yoinked the axe decoration from... here, apparently. But I think all the tracing I'm doing lately is making me better at digital lineart! so that's exciting even if the proportions end up all weird for some reason
It was dangerous to go to Mucha's museum... ^^ I love this inspiration :)
Is the axe... errr... *Had the word in french but only in french* in a special blacksmith technique which imply folding down the metal several times in order to have patterns inside ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #3470 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
eeee thank you!! I think it turned out pretty nice ^______________^
!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!! Her expression is awesome!!! Eeeepp! Thank you!
You guys are too nice!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #3471 on: July 29, 2015, 07:43:25 PM »
haha so much has happened since we did this

since some people weren't on the forum whenn this happened

I DID A SSSSONA HUNGER GAMES

but please don't reply in this thread, reply in the other one

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3472 on: July 29, 2015, 07:54:28 PM »
Is the axe... errr... *Had the word in french but only in french* in a special blacksmith technique which imply folding down the metal several times in order to have patterns inside ?
(Damascus steel, or one of its relatives like wootz or crucible?)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3473 on: July 29, 2015, 07:57:08 PM »
I know it's irrational but I just feel so bad when I leave this thread and it gets too long for me to comment on all the individual arts, it just gets so time consuming >"< but I really want to say individually how awesome all the things are

Daéa Reina -  your pictures are so calming ^_^ I think it's the colouring pencils making it look all soft and the linework being all tidy, but these are some great trades. Robin looks so lively and puddle jumping seems totally in character to me!

Piney - I think the thing I like best about this one is Trigger and Mimi's matching expressions. They both look so smug - just made for each other! Your art style makes me so happy :)

Kick - It's so good to see you challenging yourself with difficult poses and background, and I hope you can see as much as I (and everyone else I'm guessing) can how much this is helping your art develop!

Haiz - Congratulations, I got so interested in Mucha due to your drawings that I started looking up more pictures :P Consider this a huge success and a step towards educating the world in cool stuff!

Feartheviolas - Pah! Real funny ideas here. You had me laughing anyway. Stop trying to steal Haiz's clothes!

Oh Deer - SANDCASTLE! Aaaaaw, you've put such lovely smiles on both their faces ^_^ It really conveys a nice sense of warmth and fun
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3474 on: July 29, 2015, 10:18:31 PM »
I finished an art trade! Me! Eeeeeeeee! *please feel free to ignore all remaining squees. This may take a while*

Anyhoo, this is daiseerose's 'sona, Klarissa. Since she's both a medic and a cat-lover, I figured she wouldn't object to using her skills to help out a feline friend in need  ;)

My brain randomly decided that it was going to do a bit of a different style from how I normally draw, but I hope you like it!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

daiseerose

« Reply #3475 on: July 29, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »
I finished an art trade! Me! Eeeeeeeee! *please feel free to ignore all remaining squees. This may take a while*

Anyhoo, this is daiseerose's 'sona, Klarissa. Since she's both a medic and a cat-lover, I figured she wouldn't object to using her skills to help out a feline friend in need  ;)

My brain randomly decided that it was going to do a bit of a different style from how I normally draw, but I hope you like it!

Ohjhhhhhh! I love it!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3476 on: July 29, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »

I am posting here with some information about them:

Riika is a Scout, only day scout, night would be deadly dangerous for her and she often wear mask and some glasses if she goes out to the wildness. She has sense if the dangerous is around, like she feels the trolls, beasts or giants, and get away in time, and warn the others if the area needs to be cleansed again.

Martti is a Cleanser, but as a back-up cleanser, he can’t go to the front either, He also wears mask each time he goes to burn the lands, the mask is both against the illness or the smoke. He actually writes down all stuffs that happens around him. he often sits down and write a diary, or sometimes he even writes stories.
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #3477 on: July 29, 2015, 11:05:38 PM »

I am posting here with some information about them:

Riika is a Scout, only day scout, night would be deadly dangerous for her and she often wear mask and some glasses if she goes out to the wildness. She has sense if the dangerous is around, like she feels the trolls, beasts or giants, and get away in time, and warn the others if the area needs to be cleansed again.

Martti is a Cleanser, but as a back-up cleanser, he can’t go to the front either, He also wears mask each time he goes to burn the lands, the mask is both against the illness or the smoke. He actually writes down all stuffs that happens around him. he often sits down and write a diary, or sometimes he even writes stories.

These look awesome!! :D I especially love Martti's jacket! Haiz might not be the only one who has to worry about missing clothes now...
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3478 on: July 29, 2015, 11:18:36 PM »
Piney - I think the thing I like best about this one is Trigger and Mimi's matching expressions. They both look so smug - just made for each other! Your art style makes me so happy :)

Thank youuu, it's so great hearing that my art makes someone happy ^v^ (And you mean Swagger?)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Krisse Kovacs

• Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3479 on: July 30, 2015, 05:07:41 AM »
These look awesome!! :D I especially love Martti's jacket! Haiz might not be the only one who has to worry about missing clothes now...

Oh no......

xDxD
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20: