Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841107 times)

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3375 on: July 25, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »
Cloudy - You get better with each drawing ^_^ How about you challenge yourself with Galatea doing cool dynamic things for the next one (running after a cat or something?) I'd really like to see something like that

Hahah thanks! And I should do that challenge tho hmm... Even if xe wouldn't do it, Xe's very lazy to run after an animal but hey, is xyr's job

mad robin: yooo' Sóley looks awesome! :0

wavewright62: That looks cool :3

KnR.: you are good at two things that I'm not, awesome. And POOFY PANTS. YUS.

Haiz: oooh! Pretty! :0

KauniitaUnia: Oh! I want to see the finished picture! :D
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3376 on: July 25, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
Finished the final half of the art trade with Haiz! Since I drew them in the fashion thing, I did a simpler draw for the second part. Sorry, I just wasn't really feeling the whole art thing today ;w; They're drawing in their chill-out outfit with leprechaun hair, because I wanted to do something other than magic for this :0

Spoiler: show

yes that karri there

is a meme

YEET

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3377 on: July 25, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »
It's been too long since I voiced my approval here, so I'm just going to do a blanket AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH SO COOL which applies to everyone.

...You can safely ignore the last part of this post. No, seriously. Nothing to see here...

Spoiler: clearly theres nothing important here • show

I know I'm not the best at art, and most of you are already really busy and everything. So I'm just going to go hide in the corner now.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3378 on: July 25, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
You see Ana, when wanting to trade art, you must simply be of asking or offering art for art.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3379 on: July 25, 2015, 09:53:55 PM »
This is such a lovely illustration! The scene is so cute (although Sofie probably doesn't think so...)
"Hanna (KauniitaUnia) has no idea, she's only just woken up and come to the kitchen to get a bite to eat before she starts her shift." -So in character, it's unbelieveble. I expect once she figured out exactly what she had walked in on, Hanna would be disappointed she missed out on some of that sweet sweet lingonberry filling ;)
Originally, Hanna had a place at the table stuffing her gob, for that very reason.  Alas, her hours were a bit too unsociable to be in on the gorging helping.  However, I would be expecting Hanna to make absolutely sure the area of the berry bushes had no trace of trolls, on her way from the perimeter tomorrow morning.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3380 on: July 25, 2015, 10:01:39 PM »
I! have!! done it!!! I am done!!

Very very late in my acknowledgement, I am attempting to catch up.  Thank you so much, and you totally got the sild Helle-Mai's wearing!

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3381 on: July 25, 2015, 10:18:12 PM »

You generally either message people and ask for art trades (it's scary, yeah, but most people are happy to!) or make a post here asking for art trades :0 normally I'd gladly do one with you but i have seven piled up on my to-do list right now ;____;
YEET

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3382 on: July 25, 2015, 10:26:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure no one needed this to happen buuuuut...

*cough*

MY TRUE IDENTITY IS...

...Cutie Laufey.

Kawaru wa yo~

Old old old but absolutely cannot go unremarked!  Colour me slain.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #3383 on: July 25, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »
Very very late in my acknowledgement, I am attempting to catch up.  Thank you so much, and you totally got the sild Helle-Mai's wearing!

Oh, you're welcome! Good luck in your catching up :)

I know I'm not the best at art, and most of you are already really busy and everything. So I'm just going to go hide in the corner now.

*raises hand* Art traaaade! \o/

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
« Reply #3384 on: July 25, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »
You generally either message people and ask for art trades (it's scary, yeah, but most people are happy to!) or make a post here asking for art trades :0

Well, this is my weird, roundabout way of asking  ::)

normally I'd gladly do one with you but i have seven piled up on my to-do list right now ;____;

Aaand that's exactly why I didn't want to ask anyone specifically. No worries!  :)

*raises hand* Art traaaade! \o/

\o/ Art traaaaaade! Yaaaaayyyyyy!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3385 on: July 25, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »
Naughty.  Still as part of the big catch-up, I've come across the crazes for magesonas in the dreamworld and magical girl sssssonas, and had to laugh as Helle-Mai hasn't a skerrick of mage or magic in her, so far as we know.  So when she goes to the dream world, it is as it is for the rest of us schmoes....she seems to have forgotten her pants. (Wicked goosebumps, eh?)  And I think it best if I leave the magical girl persona unfinished, because that just ain't a-gonna end well, nopenopenope.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:01:57 AM by wavewright62 »

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #3386 on: July 25, 2015, 11:40:26 PM »
Finished the final half of the art trade with Haiz! Since I drew them in the fashion thing, I did a simpler draw for the second part. Sorry, I just wasn't really feeling the whole art thing today ;w; They're drawing in their chill-out outfit with leprechaun hair, because I wanted to do something other than magic for this :0

What a great color scheme. :)
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3387 on: July 26, 2015, 01:06:30 AM »
Aaand I'm done!

Here's the last drawing of the group series. I would like to thank my mom, my dad, the Academy and my pet frog George everyone for all your kind words and your encouragement, you guys are the best! I can't believe I did it! :D

P.S.: I know there are some ssssonas that entered the groups after I had drawn them. Please, don't feel left out! If you want me to draw you, just PM me!
Oooh, finally got to this page!
Daea, I love this! Thank you.  Your style is so cool.

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #3388 on: July 26, 2015, 01:07:11 AM »
Ok so here is a ~mysterious sneak preview~ of what I'm making Curry as a thank you for the hard work she put into her last project. Enjoy!

Ahh!!!! It looks so pretty so far! Your lines are so clean wow :0 I can't wait to see the finished product!
Also, Curry is a v good friend of mine, and they are not a female! So please remember to use they/them pronouns next time uwu
Thanks!! And good luck with the rest of your draw!!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3389 on: July 26, 2015, 01:09:35 AM »
This is just perfect!

The discussion by the table:

Una – So, you made this pastry with the apples I brought.
Helga – Yes, but according to the recipe I should have used some Old World spices. I wonder what cinnamon or cardamom was taste like...
Una - Have no idea, but I have a friend, whose uncle's neighbour tasted cinnamon once. He said it was delicious.
Helga - I bet it was good! Ummm.... do you think we can ask our brave explorers to look for old recipe books … errrr… unofficially?  For personal use.
Sara – Come on, this is an expedition for the sake of mankind!
Helle-Mai – Well, if you have money, or good connections, or some blackmail material…

Bwahahahaha So offhand, just like cynical Helle-Mai.  Awesome.