Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841310 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #3120 on: July 13, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooo
story idea!

tell me off right now if it isn't okay to write it

Write the story! :D
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3121 on: July 13, 2015, 02:35:18 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooo
story idea!

WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE
you'll know where to find me.

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3122 on: July 13, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »
Your drawings keep getting better, have I already said that? The lighting is amazing, and I'm loving all the parkour poses! :)

thanks!! I wish I was posting more frequently too, there's just a lot of stuff happening. I do indeed keep the general thread updated, so if you're really interested you may look through the posts I've made and you'll probably find it? wow htat sounds self-absorbed hahahaNO PROBLEM 8) your parkour series is absolutely amazing btw
Thank you!!
Haiz: I actually went and plowed through the latest 20-something pages of GD-thread after I had typed my question because I felt like a lazy butt, so I'm more-or-less updated once more. Mostly a lurker on that thread, but you have my best wishes! Lovely mage-selfie and really funny sketch, Karris hair has really evolved since we were first introduced, huh.

Gwenno, beautiful painting, and the salt effect reminds me of adding salt to silk paintings (which I did exactly 2 of in high school), seems like the effect is kind of similar. I had no idea it would do the same thing on paper, it looks really cool!

I did Dancingranger today! I'm starting to get ridiculously pleased with these, and as a conseqence I use more and more time on each.
(If any of the remaining scouts find a parkour pose they really want their sssona in, just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best! (Elisabeth, Claire, Emil (if he is a scout, I'm not sure?), Adrai, Frenci and Sabrina, this means you :) So far I've done Hanna, Shane, Riika, Matthew and KMK in these poses (Solokov, Ilmari and Clara got drawn before I stumbled on this trend)

reference pose: http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/05/09/1226638/165375-gcb-parkour.jpg
I'll put in the WIP's later, if you like

*EDIT* WIPS!:
Spoiler: show
First try that I scrapped. The pose was really hard for me to understand.

For the second try, I did the trusty old draw the spaces outside the person instead of trying to to place limbs correctly, and it worked much better:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:51:56 PM by Unlos »

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3123 on: July 13, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »

WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE

[narcissist mode] aaaaAAAAAAAA?? YOU USED MY DRAW AS A REACTION IMAGE THIS IS MY ONLY GOAL IN LIFE I HAVE ACHIEVED THE HIGH POINT IN MY CAREER [/narcissist mode]

Unlos that is so impressive!! I agree with Daéa, it's so cool to see your skill increasing this fast <3
YEET

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #3124 on: July 13, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »
*Internal squeeing* Haha, I'm looking at that rune with such a surprised/sceptical expression ^w^ I don't know if I've said it before, but Sofie isn't too convinced that they actually work. She wants to believe in magic, but she's a little too insecure to put any trust in it.
I'm amazed with the dynamic you're managing to get into these pieces and how you keep them from getting too clustered with that many characters! :D

!!!!!!!!¡¡¡
this is so great oh gosh
Like, the whole picture's brilliant, but Jón's so *gawky* and *confused*, it's brilliant.
Diolch!

Also, definitely getting Hark! A Vagrant vibes from the art, which is also brilliant because it's , uh, brilliant. (I need new adjectives)

Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you liked it! ;D

Boo! ;D I finally finished my part of the art trade with FeartheViolas and in the process discovered that salt can be used to create pretty cool stars and things :D (it's seriously blowing my mind here  :o iz just too cool).
Anyways, this is supposed to be Sóley playing about with the demon cats in her dream realm (which I designed based on her answer on the personal dreamworld thread - no books sorry, I just couldn't think how to fit them into the picture without making it look weird, and the demon cats are slightly more insubstantial because erm.... reasons, dreamworld things.... pretty sure demon cats could do that if they wanted to.... right?). Hope you like it ^_^

This is so pretty! The sky and the trees are really well done!

I bring more drawings that aren't art trades (sorry)
i felt like drawing mage!haiz today but not feeling like putting much effort into anything

I drew over a non-serious selfie, but I was listening to this on repeat so it turned into a serious draw
(also it was fun and I might mageify other selfies later......)

and here is a drawing dedicated to Karri's floff

(we're looking for lost civilizations)

Hahaha, this is brilliant!!
Mage selfies are the next big thing then?

Thank you!!
Haiz: I actually went and plowed through the latest 20-something pages of GD-thread after I had typed my question because I felt like a lazy butt, so I'm more-or-less updated once more. Mostly a lurker on that thread, but you have my best wishes! Lovely mage-selfie and really funny sketch, Karris hair has really evolved since we were first introduced, huh.

Gwenno, beautiful painting, and the salt effect reminds me of adding salt to silk paintings (which I did exactly 2 of in high school), seems like the effect is kind of similar. I had no idea it would do the same thing on paper, it looks really cool!

I did Dancingranger today! I'm starting to get ridiculously pleased with these, and as a conseqence I use more and more time on each.
(If any of the remaining scouts find a parkour pose they really want their sssona in, just shoot me a PM and I'll do my best! (Elisabeth, Claire, Emil (if he is a scout, I'm not sure?), Adrai, Frenci and Sabrina, this means you :) So far I've done Hanna, Shane, Riika, Matthew and KMK in these poses (Solokov, Ilmari and Clara got drawn before I stumbled on this trend)

reference pose: http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/05/09/1226638/165375-gcb-parkour.jpg
I'll put in the WIP's later, if you like

Aaahh, I think I already ran out of things to say without repeating myself, but this is beautiful and dynamic and all that. Amazing job!

And is that a bad thing that now I have "I Believe I Can Fly" stuck in my head
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3125 on: July 13, 2015, 02:44:28 PM »
Unlos that is so impressive!! I agree with Daéa, it's so cool to see your skill increasing this fast <3

Aaahh, I think I already ran out of things to say without repeating myself, but this is beautiful and dynamic and all that. Amazing job!
And is that a bad thing that now I have "I Believe I Can Fly" stuck in my head
Weee, thank you!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:50:18 PM by Unlos »

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #3126 on: July 13, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »
thank you! and yes. karri's hair went from "next-gen hair" to FLOOMFPOCALYPSE BEHEMOTH

and as far as I know, Emil's a scout-if-need-be. It'd be really cool to see you make him do parkour tho hahaha

OH ANd the new draw is really cool as always

[narcissist mode] aaaaAAAAAAAA?? YOU USED MY DRAW AS A REACTION IMAGE THIS IS MY ONLY GOAL IN LIFE I HAVE ACHIEVED THE HIGH POINT IN MY CAREER [/narcissist mode]
YES BECAUSE IT'S SUCH AN ACCURATE HAIZ POSE

Mage selfies are the next big thing then?
only if other people than me make them too O:
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3127 on: July 13, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »
only if other people than me make them too O:

In spite of the fact that I hate taking selfies and I am going to be getting on another plane soon, I have the sudden urge to make one now. send help
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #3128 on: July 13, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »
Finished my art trade with Jesty! :D

Jesty's 'sona Alice is a mage, but there's also lots of art of mages doing mage things and no art of knife-throwers throwing knives SOOO I went with the more dynamic option! :D what is perspective and dynamic posing, ahahahaha
YEET

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #3129 on: July 13, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »

Jesty's 'sona Alice is a mage, but there's also lots of art of mages doing mage things and no art of knife-throwers throwing knives SOOO I went with the more dynamic option! :D what is perspective and dynamic posing, ahahahaha
wowowowowowowow
look at that action line omg this pose is bringing me life and tears ok, my computer is now covered in my tears. jesty has such a cute sona design oh my goodness i just love them so much!!! 10/10 i love this draw so much

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #3130 on: July 13, 2015, 03:27:40 PM »

This took honestly about 3 minutes to load thanks to broken computer and leftover, really really slow wifi dongle, but it was hella worth it.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #3131 on: July 13, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »

I am about to get hit with a knife, right between the eyes... O_o

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #3132 on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »

"What's that big item in the centre? Jesty, who was that again. Oh, the knife thro-oh."
Famous last words.

I am about to get hit with a knife, right between the eyes... O_o
In the right eye to be precise.

daiseerose

« Reply #3133 on: July 13, 2015, 04:14:30 PM »

art trade for unlos! I had no idea what clothes to put you in, so I just put you in the clothes in the comics. btw, you are holding an apple pie. sorry for the wait!

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #3134 on: July 13, 2015, 04:36:24 PM »

art trade for unlos! I had no idea what clothes to put you in, so I just put you in the clothes in the comics. btw, you are holding an apple pie. sorry for the wait!
It's great, thank you so much!! Worth the wait, I'd say. And I love the idea of making apple pies, I'm adopting that idea right now and expanding my business to include beekeping!