Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842396 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2565 on: June 24, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
Ummm.....it OK if I add my own? I have no idea what I'm doing.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Draws a lot and sleeps very little
« Reply #2566 on: June 24, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
Ummm.....it OK if I add my own? I have no idea what I'm doing.

Of course! c: That's what this thread was made for, after all. Also, welcome to the forum! :D

Kizzy

• Not online everyday :c
« Reply #2567 on: June 24, 2015, 04:22:23 PM »

Aaah! I absolutely love how everyone looks in your style~ The amount of details on the hair though ⊂(♡⌂♡)⊃   I can never do something like that because I'm lazy xp
Fluent: :usa:
Decent:
Should know but doesn't: , Visaya
Wants to know: :finland: :iceland:, Persian, Navajo
Forgot: :spain: :france:

Chapter Survive
:chap7:

Instagram (=ↀωↀ=) Tumblr

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2568 on: June 24, 2015, 04:25:36 PM »
Okay, so a few weeks ago I decided to pull myself together and finally draw all the self-inserts like I've been meaning to. I managed to do...four. And then it just sort of stopped :I

Part of the reason why I lost my motivation is because the drawings in this thread aren't organized (not that I expected them to be, of course), which makes it kind of hard to find the references I need. And I can't even keep a line of thought for very long, much less organize all these characters in a way that makes it possible for me to draw them cx

I will try again later, though. Probably when I get back from North Norway in a few weeks ;3
These are super cute!

And uumm, I know this thread can be daunting, but if you go to the first page of the SelfInsertPermission thread, it has a link to the info dump, which should have pics, bios, and extra links to more pictures of each self made character.

Hope that was helpful :)
:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2569 on: June 24, 2015, 04:29:44 PM »
Aaah! I absolutely love how everyone looks in your style~ The amount of details on the hair though ⊂(♡⌂♡)⊃   I can never do something like that because I'm lazy xp

Eeee, thank you so much! Hehe, you think that's detailed? Well, then you should see my drawings where I've spent hours on the hair, as opposed to the five minutes I spent on each of these ;)

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2570 on: June 24, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
These are super cute!

And uumm, I know this thread can be daunting, but if you go to the first page of the SelfInsertPermission thread, it has a link to the info dump, which should have pics, bios, and extra links to more pictures of each self made character.

Hope that was helpful :)

Thank you!

Oh, I know about the infodump. But as far as I could tell, it only shows one drawing of each character, and I'm way too much of a perfectionist to draw someone else's character unless I can be absolutely certain that I'm drawing them correctly <_<

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2571 on: June 24, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU so much??!?? I LOVE THE WAY YOU DREW ME HAIZ

there's no point in linking to my magesona tag since you've already drawn me, then... but hey if anyone is looking for haiz references I have plenty. I do understand the struggle though, since I've kind of moved on to doing a lot of art trades instead of drawing everyone ever, I spend a lot of time searching up various references.

oh and welcome new self inserts!!!!
you'll know where to find me.

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2572 on: June 24, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »
Okay, so a few weeks ago I decided to pull myself together and finally draw all the self-inserts like I've been meaning to. I managed to do...four. And then it just sort of stopped :I

Part of the reason why I lost my motivation is because the drawings in this thread aren't organized (not that I expected them to be, of course), which makes it kind of hard to find the references I need. And I can't even keep a line of thought for very long, much less organize all these characters in a way that makes it possible for me to draw them cx

I will try again later, though. Probably when I get back from North Norway in a few weeks ;3
Omg this is awesome--Shane looks so pretty!

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Sigrid Marie

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2573 on: June 24, 2015, 06:14:00 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU so much??!?? I LOVE THE WAY YOU DREW ME HAIZ
Omg this is awesome--Shane looks so pretty!

I'm glad you guys like them! I was so worried I wouldn't be able to do them justice ;~;

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2574 on: June 24, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »
Thanks! Here goes:

Arbet Skugganotadi

Height: 6"4
Weight: 192 lbs
Eye Color: Gray
Hair Color: Black
Immunity: Yes
Nationality: Icelandic

Bio: A Dagrenning baby. Showed early signs of being a powerful mage, and was quickly trained. Showed high skill and ambition, and volunteered for Cleanser teams. During one incident in Year 88, his squad was attacked and overwhelmed by an unexpected Giant. Arbet used his powers to drop a building on it, despite being badly wounded. Was rescued shortly thereafter. Over the following year, his magic....changed. Rather than repelling and killing the Infected, the spells seemed only to draw them closer, though it killed them in the process. Arbet disappeared into the Silent World on a routine mission shortly thereafter. Though assumed dead, reports of a "shadow mage" living near what was once Hamburg have occasionally drifted in. According to these reports, Arbet has survived, and continues to slaughter Infected, his powers growing greater and darker by the day.

Abilities:
Confirmed:
Markmanship, especially with high-caliber handguns.
Knife fighting skills.
Standard Cleanser training.

Unconfirmed:
Shadow manipulation
Teleportation
Superhuman speed and strength

Quote: "How far we have fallen. Time to climb."

aw yes
cool self-insert
hello
And then I started wondering how my self insert would react to yours, and then this happened. (i was going to draw it, but i am weak and pooping this out in like 3 hours was way easier)

Alexis and the Shadow

Will there be more Alexis shenanigans? Yes. Haiz, you're next up on Alexis' annoy list. Just a warning.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #2575 on: June 24, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »
NICE.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Trinka

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • ☆Da Meme Queen☆
« Reply #2576 on: June 25, 2015, 01:35:48 AM »
Whoooot! More art! Mah sistah drew this picture of Mimmi, because she loves you guys, and me, and I'm sloooowwwlllyy working at her to get her to read the comic. (It's totally working)

SO CUTE I CAN'T EVEN

:hat:  :artd:  :book1+:  :chap6:  :chap7:  :chap8:  :chap9:  :chap10:  :betterhat:

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #2577 on: June 25, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »
Whoooot! More art! Mah sistah drew this picture of Mimmi, because she loves you guys, and me, and I'm sloooowwwlllyy working at her to get her to read the comic. (It's totally working)

SO CUTE I CAN'T EVEN

Yes, your sister is pretty good; this is adorable! And good luck on the full conversion of your sister! We eagerly await her arrival hue hue...
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2578 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
everyone is so awesome and/or cute. how can i keep up with people? (has no motivation currently  :-\)
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2579 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
everyone is so awesome and/or cute. how can i keep up with people? (has no motivation currently  :-\)
Out of shear stubbornness //had the exact same problem sometimes//

Boop-boop-ba-doop~