Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842695 times)

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2520 on: June 21, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
maybe it's time for me to attempt some Haiz&Lára Adventures:

fact: nests happens whenever the Haiz stays in the same place long enough. It's bad enough at class when ze comes along with a billion notebooks and sketchbooks and inks and quills and what have you, leaving whoever sits next to hir with very little space for their own note-taking assemblage...

don't touch my rune stacks

maybe it's not a sash, but Haiz' blue magecape has its uses, too:
you'll know where to find me.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2521 on: June 21, 2015, 04:40:01 PM »

fact: nests happens whenever the Haiz stays in the same place long enough. It's bad enough at class when ze comes along with a billion notebooks and sketchbooks and inks and quills and what have you, leaving whoever sits next to hir with very little space for their own note-taking assemblage...

I'm Laughing so hard with the first one
How dare you to do that to me-
As for the last One, you should be carefull with Your cape if you don't want it broke or lost (if I remember it happened me once hah)
Anyways, it looks so cool!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2522 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »
Awwwwww, Haiz in the hiding spot is so cute !
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2523 on: June 21, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
*kicks in door*

DID SOMEBODY SAY MAGES?

(this is actually just another mage outfit breakdown because its Very Confusing to me and pretty much everyone around me)

And what her swords look like. (ok but honestly go wild if u wanna draw the swords. i do not care. go for your life)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #2524 on: June 21, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
*kicks in door*

DID SOMEBODY SAY MAGES?

(this is actually just another mage outfit breakdown because its Very Confusing to me and pretty much everyone around me)

And what her swords look like. (ok but honestly go wild if u wanna draw the swords. i do not care. go for your life)

Woohoo more mage outfits!
Awesome! 8D!
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Daéa Reina

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2525 on: June 21, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »
Thank you for all the nice words, guys!! I'm having so much fun drawing your ssss-sonas, you have no idea!  ;D

Haiz: Your sketches are always hilarious! The last one could be Haiz after watching "Les Mis" for the first time. *"do you hear the people sing" playing in the distance*

KicknRun: Nice!! I like how she is pointing to her side like "look at my epic poncho. just look at it".
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2526 on: June 21, 2015, 06:33:21 PM »
Quote from: mad robin link=topic=359.msg45252#msg45252
Curry But I love your half of art-trade! On the other hand I've been looking for a reason to draw Carry's gorgeous hair... so YAY!

awwww YESS!! I'll get mine done eventually. :3c
YEET

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #2527 on: June 21, 2015, 07:21:21 PM »
My characters moved in few places, not decided, born in saimaa, and currently lives there, but they lived in Mora as well (they studied there for a while) and lived at least 2-3 other finnish places for short time. (why moving is unknown yet)

Well, Ilmari grew up in Finland (Saimaa to be specific, and Pihlajavesi to be super specific)*, at some point in his teens he went with his parents to live with mom's family in Norway, and then he chose to move to Mora. So he's moved around a bit himself. Though I feel if he knew the twins before, it would be in an older brother way, since he is a bit older than them.

More likely though, they could meet up on base and he'd just be happy someone actually speaks Finnish.

*i have my reasons, including that the population for that area on the wiki is my favorite number
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2528 on: June 21, 2015, 07:38:05 PM »

Haiz, I approve of your organized mess nest :). This is the most best way of doing anything.

:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2529 on: June 21, 2015, 08:57:26 PM »

Lára is so in character it's perfect.

She knew that those runes were gonna fall, but sometimes fate just needs a little push.

Edit: I just now noticed blorptroll's little hand about to topple the stacks and I feel really stupid now, oh well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:26:54 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #2530 on: June 21, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
I am still developping my character's past, and I would like to involve other selfinserts into it, but I don't know much about others, it is basically imspossible to read alll stuffs in this. I got that document, which shows well who is from which country, or at least the nationality. who is actually finnish and which area they live/grew up, and who would be interested to be kind of friend (or enemy) with any of me (don't have to be both).

My characters moved in few places, not decided, born in saimaa, and currently lives there, but they lived in Mora as well (they studied there for a while) and lived at least 2-3 other finnish places for short time. (why moving is unknown yet)

One or both might know my insert. I'm not sure where he'd be from other than Finland at the moment.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2531 on: June 22, 2015, 03:11:23 AM »
She knew that those runes were gonna fall, but sometimes fate just needs a little push.

Edit: I just now noticed blorptroll's little hand about to topple the stacks and I feel really stupid now, oh well.
Lára is being a good friend and make sure the runes topple over blorptroll instead of Haiz. too bad Haiz didn't know that
you'll know where to find me.

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
« Reply #2532 on: June 22, 2015, 03:40:04 AM »
jumps back in here!! i drew my ssssona again after 6 years

i actually made some info for them SO: this is karenanna hummel, but she goes by karna! theyre danish and also have a handle on norwegian and swedish and knows very broken finnish
short little infodump under the cut bc its fun!!!!!
Spoiler: show

-fluctuates a lot between adrenaline high and energy crash
-never halfasses things. it is always wholeass
-tends to act on impulse and instinct. when it comes down to it, she doesnt have any qualms with going off road and abandoning plans in favor of improvising. probably does this a lot more than any superior would like
-has a very 'haha well whatever YOLO' sort of attitude
-can come off as flippant and carefree. the type of person to laugh at their own unfunny joke
-ambitious in their temporary goals, but has no desire for status or power, rather, more focused on their own, personal objectives. even so, if somethings standing in the way of them and what they want, theyre more than willing to do whatever it takes to get there
-literally survives on dumb luck, adrenaline, screaming, and plans that shouldnt have worked. should probably be dead. how is she still alive???? who knows
-enthusiastic about explosives and fire (among other things) (what kind of cleanser isnt). has 100% tried to make fireworks, bottle rockets, etc and miraculously not lost any fingers
-has a knack for picking up useless skills, ex: whistling with their fingers, juggling, picking locks with hairpins
-cares deeply for her friends, and not that deeply for everyone else
-can fall asleep actually anywhere. in a car? on the ground? in a chair? on a table? on someone else? yes

HAHA THAT WAS FUN!!

Silent Fox

• Scout
  • Speaks little, writes a lot
« Reply #2533 on: June 22, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
jumps back in here!! i drew my ssssona again after 6 years

i actually made some info for them SO: this is karenanna hummel, but she goes by karna! theyre danish and also have a handle on norwegian and swedish and knows very broken finnish
short little infodump under the cut bc its fun!!!!!
Spoiler: show

-fluctuates a lot between adrenaline high and energy crash
-never halfasses things. it is always wholeass
-tends to act on impulse and instinct. when it comes down to it, she doesnt have any qualms with going off road and abandoning plans in favor of improvising. probably does this a lot more than any superior would like
-has a very 'haha well whatever YOLO' sort of attitude
-can come off as flippant and carefree. the type of person to laugh at their own unfunny joke
-ambitious in their temporary goals, but has no desire for status or power, rather, more focused on their own, personal objectives. even so, if somethings standing in the way of them and what they want, theyre more than willing to do whatever it takes to get there
-literally survives on dumb luck, adrenaline, screaming, and plans that shouldnt have worked. should probably be dead. how is she still alive???? who knows
-enthusiastic about explosives and fire (among other things) (what kind of cleanser isnt). has 100% tried to make fireworks, bottle rockets, etc and miraculously not lost any fingers
-has a knack for picking up useless skills, ex: whistling with their fingers, juggling, picking locks with hairpins
-cares deeply for her friends, and not that deeply for everyone else
-can fall asleep actually anywhere. in a car? on the ground? in a chair? on a table? on someone else? yes

HAHA THAT WAS FUN!!

Aww, she's adorable! Awesome colors, too. :D
Native: :germany:
Getting fluent after 10 years: :usa:

:chap7: :chap8:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #2534 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »
RTR and Haiz: Your comics and interactions are so great and funny!
Kick, those are some pretty great swords.
Daea: I love the group picture, and the interaction between the different characters. 
EDIT: Calli, Karenanna looks really good. And falling asleep anywhere, and surviving most anything? Sounds like there's quite a bit of cat in there..

I finished my trade with Daiseerose, I hope you like it:

Here's a bit of a breakdown of the process, if you're interested:
[spoiler]I use a looot of layers atm.
First, the sketch, done on its very own layer (not the backgraound layer but a new one)

Then I add the clipping masks: which are the base colors of each garment (skin/sweater/pants/boots/hair/cat)

Finally I put in shadows and highlights, and hide the layer with the original sketch!Having the clipping masks at the bottom of each makes me not having to worry about being very precise.  The background, is in one sketch-backgroundlayer and one color-background-layer.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:16:21 PM by Unlos »