Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841464 times)

Krisse Kovacs

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • MARTTI, he/him
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2370 on: June 16, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »
can speak :hungary::uk: used to learn :germany: is learning :sweden::finland: can read a bit :norway::denmark: want to learn :iceland:
survived :chap8: - :chap9: - :chap10: - :chap11: - :chap12: - :chap13: - :chap14: - :chap15: - :chap16: - :chap17: - :chap18: - :chap19: - :chap20:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2371 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:25 PM »
aaaaaaaa Laufey that is Most Best! (I look so unimpressed, hee, that's about how I look on US independence day too until the fireworks come out...) Your art is always SO BEAUTIFUL and also wow that's a lot of people to draw.
RTR, I love these little comic-things, never stop. "I swear to various deities" XD
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2372 on: June 16, 2015, 11:05:29 PM »
For Haiz: Shenanigans at Seiður

and the whole image:

High five for floofy pants! They are most best! And yes your hair is a little bit green on purpose ;)

There is so much happy and bright in your sona, I really enjoyed getting to draw this :)
(Also sorry for the image quality, I am going to try and scan it and then I will repost it if/when that happens)
If I am ever in Norway I will bring the original with me for you.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

Ana Nymus

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2373 on: June 16, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
For Haiz: Shenanigans at Seiður

Now I want to see the demon cats interact with everyone! And I mean everyone. It's all so cute, and I wish I could watercolor like that! The colors are so vibrant!
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2374 on: June 16, 2015, 11:24:04 PM »
Now I want to see the demon cats interact with everyone! And I mean everyone. It's all so cute, and I wish I could watercolor like that! The colors are so vibrant!

Thank you! :)

There are a lot of everyones... Maybe eventually... But for now it's mostly just art trades.
(Pssst anyone who wants to do an art trade let me know. I quite enjoy doing them)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2375 on: June 16, 2015, 11:50:21 PM »
OK, here goes a whole load of art/sketches:
First up, my half of an art-trade with Gwenno.

(I promise your head doesn't look all squished on the original, it just got foreshortened in the photo)

Two Dreamworld-Sonjas, also my first two attempts at backgrounds in years. I'm proud of the one with the sea-stacks, the other I kinda blepped the colouring so it's not as good as I'd like.

(yes that is a real tree [the branches aren't all in the right places but it looks mostly like that] [it's in the Fairholme Campground, near Lake Crescent (which is almost 200m deep :O )])

Some sketches for the dreamworld-outfit:

And, just for fun, a BlorpTroll reaction sketch (the panels go clockwise):

Sorry these are kinda fuzzy.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

KMK

• Scout
« Reply #2376 on: June 17, 2015, 01:27:48 AM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland! Originally I started to paint one picture but more characters kept joining the team, so in the end I just painted each one, cut the pictures out and propped onto a piece of paper... except one piece wasn't enough, which is why it has those obvious lines BUT let's pretend it doesn't matter.
To set the proper mood, here's the national anthem of Iceland... and here's the unofficial national anthem that you hear wayyyyy more on the 17th June. :D In fact you rarely hear the real one, it's the Hæ hó jibbí jei that's played everywhere.

No one's wearing their work uniform because the National Day is definitely not for working. Some SSSSsonas didn't have a picture available so I went with whatever I had of them instead, and I reallyreallyreally hope I caught everyone whose character is Icelandic...

From left to right

Lára Árnadóttir (RTR) and a crucial part of the day, the cotton candy. It's everywhere. And yes, it does tend to come in blue, pink and white...

Sóley (Viola) trying to make sure the demons behave. It's a bit hard with loud crowds everywhere and all kinds of interesting things to see.

Sonja Eiríksdóttir (Noodly) and Lenny showing both their colours and the typical weather on the National Day - windy. Soooo windy.

Jón Llewelynsson (Para) getting pelted in the face with a mysteriously appearing bag of cotton candy.

Maja Yarasdóttir (SPG) - the snowy owl was left home because it liked to sleep during the days and huge, noisy crowds might upset it.

Katja Svönnudóttir (KMK): every year she thinks she can handle the crowds, every year she ends up stuck in one wishing she could go home. Her cat sympathizes.

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Silenter) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

Día Vikarsdóttir (Daéa), Karl Manúelsson (Dane Murgen) and Ari (Almond Goddess), more lounging around. A properly trained falcon can be sent to do your whole group's cotton candy purchases for you!

That is so perfect. And you know why she braves the crowds? Her one exception to loud and crowded is live bands, really good bands.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2377 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:16 AM »

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I like how you made the cape-thing look and dEMON KITTIES HELLO<3
ahhhh it will still be a while till I get around to my part of the art trade, but you already know that.
eeeeeeeee

Haiz is significantly more experienced a mage than Lára.
And Lára is a very obtuse student.

okay but you're really creeping me out with how in-character you get Haiz? because I'm 98% sure I've actually said that at some point

Laufey: whooaa COLOUR ME IMPRESSED, and happy iceland day!!!!!!!

koalalou: oooh, those are really nice O: blorptroll looks bigger and bigger in almost every drawing of it you guys make, though. WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING IT AND WHY
you'll know where to find me.

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2378 on: June 17, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »
OH MY GOSH THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I like how you made the cape-thing look and dEMON KITTIES HELLO<3
ahhhh it will still be a while till I get around to my part of the art trade, but you already know that.
eeeeeeeee

Yay I'm glad you like it! I was trying out a new shading thing that Laufey taught me on the cape so I'm really happy you like the way it turned out. ^^
As for your half, take all the time you need. I don't plan on leaving this forum anytime soon ;)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2379 on: June 17, 2015, 02:18:34 AM »
(Pssst anyone who wants to do an art trade let me know. I quite enjoy doing them)

(Psst, I do)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Mélusine

« Reply #2380 on: June 17, 2015, 04:53:15 AM »
It's That Day in Iceland today, so to celebrate here's team Iceland! Originally I started to paint one picture but more characters kept joining the team, so in the end I just painted each one, cut the pictures out and propped onto a piece of paper... except one piece wasn't enough, which is why it has those obvious lines BUT let's pretend it doesn't matter.
To set the proper mood, here's the national anthem of Iceland... and here's the unofficial national anthem that you hear wayyyyy more on the 17th June. :D In fact you rarely hear the real one, it's the Hæ hó jibbí jei that's played everywhere.

No one's wearing their work uniform because the National Day is definitely not for working. Some SSSSsonas didn't have a picture available so I went with whatever I had of them instead, and I reallyreallyreally hope I caught everyone whose character is Icelandic...

From left to right

Lára Árnadóttir (RTR) and a crucial part of the day, the cotton candy. It's everywhere. And yes, it does tend to come in blue, pink and white...

Sóley (Viola) trying to make sure the demons behave. It's a bit hard with loud crowds everywhere and all kinds of interesting things to see.

Sonja Eiríksdóttir (Noodly) and Lenny showing both their colours and the typical weather on the National Day - windy. Soooo windy.

Jón Llewelynsson (Para) getting pelted in the face with a mysteriously appearing bag of cotton candy.

Maja Yarasdóttir (SPG) - the snowy owl was left home because it liked to sleep during the days and huge, noisy crowds might upset it.

Katja Svönnudóttir (KMK): every year she thinks she can handle the crowds, every year she ends up stuck in one wishing she could go home. Her cat sympathizes.

Maria Skjöldursdóttir (Silenter) and Iða Kristínudóttir Leifsdóttir (wildfire) lounging around as you do. People skip this part only if it's raining.

Día Vikarsdóttir (Daéa), Karl Manúelsson (Dane Murgen) and Ari (Almond Goddess), more lounging around. A properly trained falcon can be sent to do your whole group's cotton candy purchases for you!
*Waves hand* ^^
Wow, Laufey, it's wonderful ! :D And these colors !

I think this might help: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13uzpOibHVPGaUXxIKW_8oPM4SiYfZjCU2d4QyFWuPjY/edit#slide=id.gacf9446b3_2_93
It's got everyone in it and little bios and stuff :)
That's what I was forgetting... translating my character's bio.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 10:15:26 AM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

viola

• Hel
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
« Reply #2381 on: June 17, 2015, 06:54:41 AM »
(Psst, I do)

Oh yes! Totally! Wonderful! (I was actually just about to ask you :D )

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2382 on: June 17, 2015, 10:20:09 AM »

This is wonderful! :D Happy National day!

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2383 on: June 17, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »

Happy National Day to the Icelandic babes of the forum (shoot, I'm awfully late!) Your national anthem is glorious, and the unofficial anthem is glorious and hilarious!
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #2384 on: June 17, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »
Feartheviolas: Your style is really cute! I really like the colors and the lettering (is that the right word) in "Haiz".

Noodly: Wow, you made some epic backgrounds there. And the BlorpTroll must be tired of all these people who try to pet him.  ;D
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."