Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842870 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2175 on: June 11, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
ahaha ha ha I have... six more trades + two people I've offered to draw the 'sonas of, but hey I'll add you to the list if you like being patient!

also thank youuu

Take your time! I'm actually going on my own sort of "adult quest" soon as well (responsibility wooo 8|), so even if you don't get around to it until August, that is fine with me. :)
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #2176 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »
Unlos, that is beautiful

ANYWAY i have fulfilled another art trade! KicknRun, hope I didn't mess up the dreamworld outfit too badly

AHHHHHHHHH
DO YOU HEAR THE KICK SCREAMING

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2177 on: June 11, 2015, 06:22:52 PM »
Take your time! I'm actually going on my own sort of "adult quest" soon as well (responsibility wooo 8|), so even if you don't get around to it until August, that is fine with me. :)
neato! it's a deal then

AHHHHHHHHH
DO YOU HEAR THE KICK SCREAMING
I think i heard some yelling on tumblr yes
I AM GLAD YOU LIKE IT

ok time for bed mayhaps
you'll know where to find me.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2178 on: June 11, 2015, 06:52:32 PM »
ANYWAY i have fulfilled another art trade! KicknRun, hope I didn't mess up the dreamworld outfit too badly

Wow ! And the background is simple but perfect : the skirt seems to float in the dark. You're really talented, Haiz :)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2179 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »
I drew Sunflower's SSSSona doing her job on team 5.

And I also wanted to draw a low-speed chase.

my ssssona~
She is really really pretty and I couldn't resist drawing her in action because look at that glorious hair oh my goodness.

Aaaaand then Blorptroll happened.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:54:11 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2180 on: June 11, 2015, 09:58:21 PM »
And I also wanted to draw a low-speed chase.
You're a Natural Sprinter too, I see?
(http://www.hark.com/clips/lmtxvdhlyx-we-dwarves-are-natural-sprinters for reference)
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2181 on: June 11, 2015, 10:05:41 PM »
You're a Natural Sprinter too, I see?
(http://www.hark.com/clips/lmtxvdhlyx-we-dwarves-are-natural-sprinters for reference)
Just so we're clear, if Laufeytroll was actually coming after me:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:13:42 PM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2182 on: June 12, 2015, 12:38:57 AM »
I admit to being woefully behind, there are about 60 pages I haven't looked at, so my apologies if I've appeared anywhere and haven't thanked you - yet.  I have had a rare day off with time to draw, and have made a picture featuring some of you. I can't do a proper art trade because of how seldom I get to come here.  I also have not seen updates to your ssssonas.  Anyway....
This is a scene set in Norway in summer, a giant has been flushed out and is chasing a team back to base.  Here we see Karri holding open the door to the electric fence, Fenris is almost in, followed by Fimbulvarg, with Gwenno bringing up the rear after a valiant attempt at a flanking manuoevre.  Piney is calling back to the outpost to time the switching on of the electricity.  (Why is Piney in Norway? Dunno, leave me alone.)  Haiz and Almond Goddess have a plan, though - the falcon is to take a rock and drop it on the giant's main head from a great height.  But this is no ordinary rock, now that Haiz has cast a rune upon it for unerring accuracy and deadly effect, while not harming the falcon who must carry it.  (The off-duty personnel are not in uniform.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #2183 on: June 12, 2015, 12:43:59 AM »
I admit to being woefully behind, there are about 60 pages I haven't looked at, so my apologies if I've appeared anywhere and haven't thanked you - yet.  I have had a rare day off with time to draw, and have made a picture featuring some of you. I can't do a proper art trade because of how seldom I get to come here.  I also have not seen updates to your ssssonas.  Anyway....
This is a scene set in Norway in summer, a giant has been flushed out and is chasing a team back to base.  Here we see Karri holding open the door to the electric fence, Fenris is almost in, followed by Fimbulvarg, with Gwenno bringing up the rear after a valiant attempt at a flanking manuoevre.  Piney is calling back to the outpost to time the switching on of the electricity.  (Why is Piney in Norway? Dunno, leave me alone.)  Haiz and Almond Goddess have a plan, though - the falcon is to take a rock and drop it on the giant's main head from a great height.  But this is no ordinary rock, now that Haiz has cast a rune upon it for unerring accuracy and deadly effect, while not harming the falcon who must carry it.  (The off-duty personnel are not in uniform.)

SCREEEEEEEEEE
This is really cool and I love all the action! :D
YEET

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2184 on: June 12, 2015, 12:56:46 AM »
I drew Sunflower's SSSSona doing her job on team 5.

GASP!!!!  I love it!  It kiiiind of resembles my day-to-day life (both the soothing murmurs and pedantic classical allusions to Donald Duck comics). 
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2185 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:37 AM »

This is such a well thought out story, thank you for including me :D

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2186 on: June 12, 2015, 01:11:50 AM »
GASP!!!!  I love it!  It kiiiind of resembles my day-to-day life (both the soothing murmurs and pedantic classical allusions to Donald Duck comics).
I'm glad you like it and super glad that you got the reference! Somebody once asked me a question about the comics and I wrote a 700-word reply so really it was just something that I could put in a whole lot of words about for the joke. You can see that I got confused as to whether "The Pot of Gold" was Greek or Roman, hah. If anybody wants to read the monstrosity that I inflicted upon that poor soul
John Steinbeck

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #2187 on: June 12, 2015, 01:13:05 AM »
I'm glad you like it and super glad that you got the reference! Somebody once asked me a question about the comics and I wrote a 700-word reply so really it was just something that I could put in a whole lot of words about for the joke. You can see that I got confused as to whether "The Pot of Gold" was Greek or Roman, hah. If anybody wants to read the monstrosity that I inflicted upon that poor soul

I got the classical allusion; I had to Google Carl Banks and "Poor Old Man."
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
« Reply #2188 on: June 12, 2015, 01:16:21 AM »
I got the classical allusion; I had to Google Carl Banks and "Poor Old Man."
Oh. Oops. I did it again, didn't I?
John Steinbeck

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2189 on: June 12, 2015, 02:57:19 AM »

AHHH GROUP PICTURE! *flails around excitedly* I'm so glad that I decided to drop by this thread tonight this looks awesome!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr