Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843037 times)

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #2070 on: June 09, 2015, 12:20:16 AM »
I have some more information about my mysterious sona Sóley Elín :D

Firstly another picture:

Next to her is some new information about her personality since her backstory is still trúnaðarmal at this point. It will hopefully help with guiding other people who will be interacting with her. I thought I would write it instead of type it because you guys seem to like it when I write stuff and also I have fun doing it so (I am totally going to have to go buy more ink) yep.
(also sorry for the bad photo quality, I am using my phone to take pictures, I hope to do some digital drawings later this week)

Aaaaand in case some of you don't believe that she actually has a backstory, here is a picture of part of her file:

Eventually maybe some things will be learned...
(PS story writers in need of more detail, PM me if you have specific questions about this)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:20:37 PM by Feartheviolas »
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

freddiethefantastic

« Reply #2071 on: June 09, 2015, 12:26:41 AM »
So Curry showed me this video because it's a really accurate representation of my ssssona's skills as a mechanic

so of course I made a shitpost-style copy of it with curry put in there

((what do you mean I should be serious for once?? nahhh))

I also redid the design of my own ssssona, and decided to show it here with a really really crappy sketch

PLease notice the ducks ok, that is kind of a thing

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #2072 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:35 AM »

((what do you mean I should be serious for once?? nahhh))
I also redid the design of my own ssssona, and decided to show it here with a really really crappy sketch

PLease notice the ducks ok, that is kind of a thing

The Gif is most best. The ducks are most best. How will I be able to draw such awesome? (and yes I will be drawing you *v*)
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Rosepieces

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Bosse
« Reply #2073 on: June 09, 2015, 02:16:22 AM »
OKAYOKAYOKAY I'LL DO IT!

My OC:
Bosse
Grade A Cat
Male
H: 34cm tall (extra 6cm height in fur)
L: 49cm nose to tail
W: 5kg (plus 1kg in fur)

Bosse, in this case, isn't a name. At some schools Bosse is taught to the cats as the one in charge of their team (of cats). When they are given an assignment with multiple cats, the lead cat is always Bosse. If on solo missions, they are Bosse.

Now this particular Bosse has been bred and trained specifically for military purposes just as most Grade A cats are. After graduating and obtaining his certification he was put on a team boarding the Tunfiskurinn. He hated it. They never gave him enough fish, so he would regularly be reprimanded by his employers and his Bosse for sneaking a bite from the stores. He was also banned from the Old Lady's room for trying to play with the long red stuff whenever he was off duty. Eventually his assignment ended and he was free to take on new assignments. Better assignments. More "him" assignments. And thus he became Bosse!

His new assignment (and currently on-going) assignment was to help protect the couriers. Communication between the safe zones is of the utmost importance, and now he is part of it. He is out to watch the couriers as they deliver mail and parcel. He is out to protect those who would protect the word of others. He is out to eat mice, bugs, or any edible thing he can find on the road. He is...

BOSSE

It will be easier for me to give examples to describe Bosse's physical appearance so...

Imagine this FLOOF!

On this cat

---------------------

In his free time, Bosse likes to eat things smaller than himself, lay down, and keep himself well groomed to maintain a professional appearance.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:29:41 AM by Rosepieces »

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2074 on: June 09, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »
She looks super cute! Welcome to the club  :)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2075 on: June 09, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
Okay so, I fiddled around with the contrast and the lighting for a bit with this one, I don't think it came out as good as it is in RL. But whatever! I am too excited/nervous for this because it's my first art trade with Curry!!
So Curry, here's a Karri. I hope you like it.

I'd imagine Karri would sometimes take her glasses off, put them between the flaps as she gazes off into the distance of the burning buildings.
(and yes, there is fire in her eyes because why not)

Spoiler: I was feeling silly • show

^ that's Alice With Karri's hair, btw

^ that's Karri with Alice's hair, btw

Another one of Alice's failed rune magic, that's what happened *nod nod*

They look so pretty :D I love how you hung the glasses from the jacket like that ^^

Haha, I've been lurking around here waiting to post this. But photoshop is both new to me and extraordinarily uncooperative on my computer, so here's hoping it turned out for the best. So without further ado, my self-insert! Woo!  :P

Hope you all like it!  :)
So cute :D Welcome to the gang!

I'm having a ton of fun with the new Self-insert project. I don't know if my SSSSona would run into Lenny's, but here's some interaction between the two.
Also I'm pretty sure that Icelandic Mages treat Runes like the coolest trading cards ever. Nerds.

These are great! The rune one is so funny xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2076 on: June 09, 2015, 07:51:19 AM »

I have no idea how to draw Haiz
Also I'm pretty sure that Icelandic Mages treat Runes like the coolest trading cards ever. Nerds.

omg omg omg
the glasses are more square-ish than round but otherwise good

MAGE!HAIZ MOST DEFINITELY HAS A HOARD OF MYSTERIOUSLY ACQUIRED RUNES. don't touch my rune hoard though. do not
you'll know where to find me.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2077 on: June 09, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
So Curry showed me this video because it's a really accurate representation of my ssssona's skills as a mechanic

... is that dolt smacking the (plastic cover over the) battery!? ???
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Petronella

« Reply #2078 on: June 09, 2015, 11:15:42 AM »
I've been stalking the forum for a while, and just made my own account because I thought I'd join. Is it to late to make my own self insert?

Spoiler: show

Name: Iina Johansson
Nationality: Half Swedish(fathers side), half Finnish(mothers side)
Immunity: yes
Languages: Swedish and Icelandic, can kinda haltingly communicate in Finnish but grammar and stuff is very hard. Has spent some time around Danish people who come from Bornholm to trade, and can decipher Danish a bit easier than most swedes
Occupation: Fisher. is technically a mage but there are no Finnish mages where she lives so she has had to try and train herself in her spare time.

Iina has lived her whole life on Väderöarna, and likes it pretty much. Needing some time for herself now and then, she can often be found sitting on the cliffs and gazing out over the endless waters.
The islands are far enough from the mainland that no trolls or Giants make it over, and the few vermin beasts on land doesn't pose that much of a danger when you're immune. Although they pose some danger when fishing, the smaller sea beasts (who were once seals) are very clumsy on land, and the large ones (once whales) are rare here and can't get up on land at all.

Iina is adventurous and wants to go exploring and uncovering the secrets of the old world, but although she has dealt with beasts on a quite frequent basis she is a bit naïve and might not understand completely how dangerous the silent world is.

She is a bit of a controll freak and a know-it-all, which can go on the nerves of other people without her realising it. Slight social awkwardness aside, she is quite smart and a quick thinker, a necessary skill to have when manoeuvring a boat in bad weather or in the case of a beast attack. She is also bookish, and will willingly plow through old tomes in search for info about the old world.

I hope this is ok?

(I have made a picture but I don't know how to upload it from my iPad gallery)

Native language: :sweden:
Fluent(p. much at least): :uk:
Learning: :finland: :spain:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #2079 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:28 AM »
Petronella: Never too late, as I'm sure Curry will tell you sometime soon.
As for the picture, try emailing it to yourself and then uploading it from a computer? Bit of a botch solution I know, but it should work.
Also, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:35:13 AM by ParanormalAndroid »

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2080 on: June 09, 2015, 11:34:28 AM »
Petronella ParanormalAndroid is right--it's never too late! Welcome aboard! ;D

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #2081 on: June 09, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »
Finally, an exhaustive (sorta) character sheet for Lára Arnadóttir.

Lára Arnadóttir
Stats:
Height: 170 cm
Weight: none of your beeswax
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color: brown
Ethnicity: Icelandic (Great-great grandmother of Texan extraction)
Immune: Yes
Languages: Icelandic
Allergies: cats.

Overview:
Lára Arnadóttir started working as a copy-writer when she was 14 to help support her family (which consists of her parents and six younger siblings), and is a fairly decent skald, at least enough to pay the bills. She was very upset when, immediately after turning 19, she was identified as a mage and recruited to the Academy---which meant that she had to pay for an education while being simultaneously forced to quit her job. Fortunately a job opportunity came up, one which would provide room, board, learning experience, and would look good on a resume, all while promising the opportunity for some considerable profit.
She's more than a little unscrupulous when it comes to making money but is not a bad person necessarily: she just wants some financial stability.
As a mage, she's worse than most. Her prophetic dreams are invariably correct, but only focus on useless details. She's got a large collection of runes on her person at all times, (none of which have ever been Haiz's at any point of time, shh) and knows the basics of how to use them, at least, when she's not flustered and remembers which is which. She's only had one year of formal training, but that's enough for all intents and purposes, right? She's totally got this.

Abilities:
Can read, write, and speak Icelandic very well. Can fake reading Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian, with about 50-70% accuracy... enough to claim literacy on her resume. Has a good memory, which makes her seem smarter than she actually is, and lets her pass her mage exams without actually learning much. Oops. Can cook, but always makes way too much, and refuses to follow any recipes. Knows the basics of mending, vehicle repair, and first aid: in her case however, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Didn't stop her from listing them as skill sets on her resume, though.

Personality:
She's fundamentally a friendly person, not shy at all. Makes an interesting friend. She'll do just about anything for you that she can, but she'll expect the same from you. Clueless when it comes to insults, is generally difficult to irritate, and always gives people the benefit of the doubt. She gets very grumpy and pessimistic when she's tired and/or hungry, though.
Can be very sarcastic when the occasion calls for it, and has a mild sense of humor. Isn't one for practical jokes though, thank goodness. She doesn't swear as a rule, but when she does sailors shimmy up trees.

Language:
Speaks Icelandic and has been trying to teach herself either Danish, Swedish, Norwegian for years. Foreign languages are a little slippery for her, though.
She's got a few useful words in her vocabulary passed down from her great-grandmother, although she's not sure what language they're from: valazanishto (thanks for nothing), dobrozanishto (good for nothing), malyfrag (little devil), blesserhart (what an idiot), inch (the length of a thumbtip), fut (the length of a forearm), blessoo (after a sneeze), munchkin (child), twurp (child), bweno (good), komo (how?), kay (what?), muchasgrasyas (thanks).

Interactions with team 3 (so far):
Mage-buddies with Haiz, Beth, and Ana.
Lets Haiz (her classmate) terrorize her.
Has adopted Beth as her coolest little sister.
Long discussions on magic theory with Ana.
Skald-buddies with Ana, Jon, and Sofie.
Is irritatingly maternal towards Jon.
When a cat comes around she hides with Sofie and they suffer through miserable allergies together.
Worships Ruth just a little.
Still hasn't figured out Kurt, the only team-member so far who doesn't speak at least some of her language.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:50:33 AM by RandomTexanReader »
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2082 on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:49 AM »
And Haiz and Authoroflight are on my team!!! Mage buddies!!!

I think they'd get along pretty well.

ahhh this is awesome. :D and yes, unburnt cookies are awesome.
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #2083 on: June 09, 2015, 11:52:16 AM »

MAGE!HAIZ MOST DEFINITELY HAS A HOARD OF MYSTERIOUSLY ACQUIRED RUNES. don't touch my rune hoard though. do not
Now I'm wondering what (strange) we all could have in our bags or pockets ::)
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #2084 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
Finally, an exhaustive (sorta) character sheet for Lára Arnadóttir.

Lára Arnadóttir
Stats:
Height: 170 cm
Weight: none of your beeswax
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color: brown
Ethnicity: Icelandic (Great-great grandmother of Texan extraction)
Immune: Yes
Languages: Icelandic
Allergies: cats.

Overview:
Lára Arnadóttir started working as a copy-writer when she was 14 to help support her family (which consists of her parents and six younger siblings), and is a fairly decent skald, at least enough to pay the bills. She was very upset when, immediately after turning 19, she was identified as a mage and recruited to the Academy---which meant that she had to pay for an education while being simultaneously forced to quit her job. Fortunately a job opportunity came up, one which would provide room, board, learning experience, and would look good on a resume, all while promising the opportunity for some considerable profit.
She's more than a little unscrupulous when it comes to making money but is not a bad person necessarily: she just wants some financial stability.
As a mage, she's worse than most. Her prophetic dreams are invariably correct, but only focus on useless details. She's got a large collection of runes on her person at all times, (none of which have ever been Haiz's at any point of time, shh) and knows the basics of how to use them, at least, when she's not flustered and remembers which is which. She's only had one year of formal training, but that's enough for all intents and purposes, right? She's totally got this.

Abilities:
Can read, write, and speak Icelandic very well. Can fake reading Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian, with about 50-70% accuracy... enough to claim literacy on her resume. Has a good memory, which makes her seem smarter than she actually is, and lets her pass her mage exams without actually learning much. Oops. Can cook, but always makes way too much, and refuses to follow any recipes. Knows the basics of mending, vehicle repair, and first aid: in her case however, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Didn't stop her from listing them as skill sets on her resume, though.

Personality:
She's fundamentally a friendly person, not shy at all. Makes an interesting friend. She'll do just about anything for you that she can, but she'll expect the same from you. Clueless when it comes to insults, is generally difficult to irritate, and always gives people the benefit of the doubt. She gets very grumpy and pessimistic when she's tired and/or hungry, though.
Can be very sarcastic when the occasion calls for it, and has a mild sense of humor. Isn't one for practical jokes though, thank goodness. She doesn't swear as a rule, but when she does sailors shimmy up trees.

Language:
Speaks Icelandic and has been trying to teach herself either Danish, Swedish, Norwegian for years. Foreign languages are a little slippery for her, though.
She's got a few useful words in her vocabulary passed down from her great-grandmother, although she's not sure what language they're from: valazanishto (thanks for nothing), dobrozanishto (good for nothing), malyfrag (little devil), blesserhart (what an idiot), inch (the length of a thumbtip), fut (the length of a forearm), blessoo (after a sneeze), munchkin (child), twurp (child), bweno (good), komo (how?), kay (what?), muchasgrasyas (thanks).

Interactions with team 3 (so far):
Mage-buddies with Haiz, Beth, and Ana.
Lets Haiz (her classmate) terrorize her.
Has adopted Beth as her coolest little sister.
Long discussions on magic theory with Ana.
Skald-buddies with Ana, Jon, and Sofie.
Is irritatingly maternal towards Jon.
When a cat comes around she hides with Sofie and they suffer through miserable allergies together.
Worships Ruth just a little.
Still hasn't figured out Kurt, the only team-member so far who doesn't speak at least some of her language.

Oh, wow...she's probably gonna hate when Shane comes around (drifts in from group 1) to visit Haiz (and probably Jon as soon as she realizes he speaks English which might take a while to be honest) with Jabberwocky... o vo;;

Boop-boop-ba-doop~