Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843073 times)

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1965 on: June 07, 2015, 03:21:42 AM »
I tried. Think I failed.

'
What are you making - beer? I haven't tried myself but have some friends who tells me it's a lot of work!

Had something of a crazy moment and decided to do the thing - how hard can it be right?
Anyway, finally finished and I hope people like how they were drawn  ;D It's sorta in alphabetical order except for the new people who just got placed wherever I was at the time, and Melusine who doesn't have a slide in the info dump yet so ended up at the end :(

Impressive! You drew me, wheee :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:26:45 AM by Unlos »

Lenny

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Ninja.
  • Preferred pronouns: My name. They/them.
« Reply #1966 on: June 07, 2015, 04:53:53 AM »

YAY more self-insert stuff. I have drawn much more of it than I've posted here, but none of it was quite right.

Bio is still a work in progress, but so far...

Occupation: Illuminator, calligraphy artist, woodcut artist... Illumination is her main thing, but what actually pays bills is the woodcuts (for signage and other informative illustrations) and calligraphy. Sometimes when she gets some old tech working, that can be sold off, too, but that part of her life is mainly a hobby.

Nationality: Icelandic.

Languages: Icelandic, Swedish, some Finnish

Bio: Born immune, she decided the path of an artist was hers very very soon in life. When she was old enough to pay passage, she moved to Mora (much to the dismay of her relatives) and set up a business there. She's been pushing pretty hard to get a party to take her along to the Silent World, but so far has had no luck. She's got multiple reasons for this, mainly studying trolls, giants, and beasts from close up, perhaps getting her hands on some old tech parts, and also gaining more info on what people lived like back then. Currently she's pondering whether training as a cleanser would let her gain entry to the Silent World... and if it takes much longer to find a willing party to take her along, she'll go do just that.

As for her personality, she's very quiet and likes her work more than humans. However, if anyone can break through and get her talking about subjects she's passionate about, she will talk an incredible amount, regardless of who it is. She dislikes showing her face, and has very long, fluffy hair which she stuffs underneath a cap, usually - except for her fringe, which hangs over her face. She doesn't dislike cats but prefers dogs with a quiet personality over cats. She is incredibly stubborn. She might not seem very affectionate, but close friends and family know otherwise - she just shows it in odd ways.
Am notified of private messages via email.

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1967 on: June 07, 2015, 05:23:07 AM »

Eek, an artist self-insert! With a great bio too! I really look forward to seeing more of her later in the thread! :D
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1968 on: June 07, 2015, 05:28:32 AM »
Expressions are hard, aww. But this was the first thing I thought of when I saw your ssssona, North:

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1969 on: June 07, 2015, 05:32:44 AM »
Blanket for saying to all that you guys are so awesome! I Really like the drawings ^w^
Also,
Lenny, She looks sooo cute! >w<
Unlos, I thought the same thing when I've seen North's 'sona XD
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1970 on: June 07, 2015, 05:34:49 AM »
Here's a more polished up snippet of my progress so far for my earlier post.

The composition has since quintupled in width (not seen here) because I need to expand it enough for the art collaboration. It's rather refreshing to go back to creating environments again!
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1971 on: June 07, 2015, 05:38:37 AM »

The composition has since quintupled in width (not seen here) because I need to expand it enough for the art collaboration. It's rather refreshing to go back to creating environments again!

It looks beautiful, and I love the lighting! And the clever birb.

Blanket for saying to all that you guys are so awesome! I Really like the drawings ^w^

Unlos, I thought the same thing when I've seen North's 'sona XD
*high five*

RandomTexanReader

• Ranger
  • Forum Prophet (avatar by the incredible mad robin)
« Reply #1972 on: June 07, 2015, 05:41:27 AM »
Two questions.
One: How are all'y'all so good?? LOOK AT ALL THIS ART AND CREATIVITY!!! *wails*
Two: Can I still do my SSSSona's reaction to Blorptroll?

Things just went downhill from there.
... Texas ... is a mystique closely approximating a religion. And this is true to the extent that people either passionately love Texas or passionately hate it....
John Steinbeck
:usa:
:vaticancity: Domine, non sum dignus....
:mexico: No habla Espanol
:croatia: Hvala za nishto, dobro za nishto, mali vrag.

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #1973 on: June 07, 2015, 05:45:06 AM »

Have I said I like your drawings a lot? I mean, look how awesome this is!

*high five*
*high fives back*

Two questions.
One: How are all'y'all so good?? LOOK AT ALL THIS ART AND CREATIVITY!!! *wails*
Two: Can I still do my SSSSona's reaction to Blorptroll?

Things just went downhill from there.

Never too late to do reactions to Blorptroll!
Oh gosh, poor you! But he doesn't do anything I'm sure (?) (unless you make it angry. maybe)
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1974 on: June 07, 2015, 06:41:21 AM »

YAY more self-insert stuff. I have drawn much more of it than I've posted here, but none of it was quite right.

Spoiler: show
Bio is still a work in progress, but so far...

Occupation: Illuminator, calligraphy artist, woodcut artist... Illumination is her main thing, but what actually pays bills is the woodcuts (for signage and other informative illustrations) and calligraphy. Sometimes when she gets some old tech working, that can be sold off, too, but that part of her life is mainly a hobby.

Nationality: Icelandic.

Languages: Icelandic, Swedish, some Finnish

Bio: Born immune, she decided the path of an artist was hers very very soon in life. When she was old enough to pay passage, she moved to Mora (much to the dismay of her relatives) and set up a business there. She's been pushing pretty hard to get a party to take her along to the Silent World, but so far has had no luck. She's got multiple reasons for this, mainly studying trolls, giants, and beasts from close up, perhaps getting her hands on some old tech parts, and also gaining more info on what people lived like back then. Currently she's pondering whether training as a cleanser would let her gain entry to the Silent World... and if it takes much longer to find a willing party to take her along, she'll go do just that.

As for her personality, she's very quiet and likes her work more than humans. However, if anyone can break through and get her talking about subjects she's passionate about, she will talk an incredible amount, regardless of who it is. She dislikes showing her face, and has very long, fluffy hair which she stuffs underneath a cap, usually - except for her fringe, which hangs over her face. She doesn't dislike cats but prefers dogs with a quiet personality over cats. She is incredibly stubborn. She might not seem very affectionate, but close friends and family know otherwise - she just shows it in odd ways.

The Infodump has been updated! Here is your slide - I assumed that you would like the image to be updated to your new art (which looks amazing, by the way), but if that's not what you wanted, just let me or Curry know and we can change it back
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1975 on: June 07, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »
Guys I finished my sona!

Duuude, that looks super cool! Also that classified background seems shady :v And I know it's already been said, but your handwriting is SO ON POINT

North (I LOVE YOUR FACE)
[screams for hours bc fanart of me] I LOOK SO PRETTYYYY also i LOVE how diverse everyone looks! I tend to suffer from same-face-syndrome, so this is really really cool  ;D

Lenny: You sona looks really nice! Also I dig your style. A lot. The clothes are looking awesome.

Expressions are hard, aww. But this was the first thing I thought of when I saw your ssssona, North:

oh my god this is so perfect
we must battle to decide who's the alpha

Almond-Goddess: I adore your art. It looks really cute, and I like that it's lineless ;v;
RandomTexanReader: let's hope the bark is worse than the bite, and not vice-versa  ::)
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Fenris

« Reply #1976 on: June 07, 2015, 07:32:38 AM »
'
What are you making - beer? I haven't tried myself but have some friends who tells me it's a lot of work!
Well, mead. Its somewhat less work than beer, but I don't think either is that much work really. There's really just three points in the entire process one has to do anything (bottling being the final one, and the only one that's obvious enough that I can draw it recognizably). Personally, I spend about 3-4 hours of actual work on each (20-22 liter) batch over the course of a month or two (ie, its a lot cheaper than anything one can buy even if counting cost-of-labour, and the results tend to be better). The one time I tried beer took more work, though.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1977 on: June 07, 2015, 07:56:51 AM »
I drew everybody again! Now I'm properly updated B) Time to start sketching out placement for the nationality-organized group shots...

Spoiler: Just in case you can't read my handwriting • show

Mélusine - Mad Robin - Huntra - AuthorofLight
Jesty - Baku - Quabus - Starfallz
HarrisWilkens - FeartheViolas - Keeper - North (I LOVE YOUR FACE)
:D Thank Curry !

It is... it is just... wow.

Guys I finished my sona!

Classified ? You'll have to explain some things, one day... ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1978 on: June 07, 2015, 08:03:53 AM »
Guys I finished my sona!

Classified profile - has actual hell demon pets.
That is one suspicious sona.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1979 on: June 07, 2015, 08:23:02 AM »
Classified profile - has actual hell demon pets.
That is one suspicious sona.
*Whispers* Do you think we could have a... dark mage ?
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2: