Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842284 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1920 on: June 06, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
YESS! I just wanted to be from as far north as I could, tbh. I'm actaully from an area right next to Senja, but seems like there's not much left of Northern Norway :(
Maybe a mix of both? Nothing wrong with some friendly competition eve
Thank you so much! ;v; I am used to making characters, although not fandom-related, and this time it was really easily with background/personality/random info as I could just pick stuff from my life. The charm of self-inserts!
I took a look at your character from the SSSSona Infodump, and she looks really cool as well!! They/we should definitely go hunting together sometime.
Heheh, I can imagine it being something along the lines of Legolas and Gimli having their competition to see how many orcs/trolls they had killed, and a gradual escalation in stupidity as we try to outdo each other. The trolls around Svolvær are probably terrified, and with very good reason :P (the regular people might be slightly worried as well tbh)….. yeah, I think I'll probably end up drawing that once my art trades are done. I'm starting to get real bad at resisting the urge to draw all the cool things  ::)

oh my god!!! oh m yg OD!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you even drew me and i only posted my ssssona like yesterday

;o; <333
It looks really really good, and you even remembered the FRECKLES!! The freckles are very important to me. I love the pose, it looks really cool aaaaaaa ;v; creds to you for managing to do all of them, I'm impressed!
Hah, of course I drew you, wouldn't want to miss out on a most bestest troll huntress now would we! I didn't know the freckles would be that important but I'm hella glad that I remembered to put them in now :P
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

AuthorOfLight

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • i am just a littol creachur
« Reply #1921 on: June 06, 2015, 09:28:40 AM »

IT'S ME
I'M CUTE
aaaaaaa this is amazing! ^.^
fluent - :usa:
decentish - :mexico:
starting to learn - :finland: :japan:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #1922 on: June 06, 2015, 09:32:51 AM »
Heheh, I can imagine it being something along the lines of Legolas and Gimli having their competition to see how many orcs/trolls they had killed, and a gradual escalation in stupidity as we try to outdo each other. The trolls around Svolvær are probably terrified, and with very good reason :P (the regular people might be slightly worried as well tbh)….. yeah, I think I'll probably end up drawing that once my art trades are done. I'm starting to get real bad at resisting the urge to draw all the cool things  ::)
That is a very, very good comparison. I like it a lot.  8) I'm really looking forward to drawing more, I have been on a "hobby hiatus" to focus on school so I feel a bit rusty. I think some fanart can solve that, tho  ;)

I didn't know the freckles would be that important but I'm hella glad that I remembered to put them in now :P
I'm just ridicuously proud of my freckles. Love 'em. I usually don't like the heat of the sun a lot, but I suffer through it because I get freckles in the sun  :P
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1923 on: June 06, 2015, 10:34:58 AM »

Whoaaa this is so impressive, you really drew everyone. I'm very happy that Lauftroll has several dinner options one accordion sound away!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1924 on: June 06, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
Had something of a crazy moment and decided to do the thing - how hard can it be right?
Anyway, finally finished and I hope people like how they were drawn  ;D It's sorta in alphabetical order except for the new people who just got placed wherever I was at the time, and Melusine who doesn't have a slide in the info dump yet so ended up at the end :(

Wow, that's a lot of people :o Thank you for drawing me :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
« Reply #1925 on: June 06, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
Whoa Gwenno, you drew everybody and full-bodied too, whoa! *respect*

I need to step up my game...

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1926 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:10 PM »
:O GWENNO THAT IS SO IMPRESSIVE AND ALSO AMAZING!!! I'm speechless and Karri is so on point, help me :__)

Also, Piney, I feel that and I may or may not be planning group shots of everybody by nationality, oops? However I'll just stick with finishing up the headshots for now

Edit: Aaaaalright North, I finally got your slide up! Sorry for taking so long! :0
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:46:34 PM by Curry »
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1927 on: June 06, 2015, 02:10:21 PM »
hey all, just wanted to post this real quick--

i think I mentioned (super briefly) that I've been helping my friend BreezeLouise with her self-insert
we got most of the important stuff down, and sometimes yesterday morning I finally started to doodle/sketch something out
she's in the American military as a Scout/Cartographer, and this is just a little thing of the two of us teaming up and getting lost together xD

its a work-in-progress but I should be able to refine this...eventually, and I'm hoping to do more of her soon :)

Gwenno I just realized that one of those people you drew had a cat (it's harder to see since I usually use my phone to get on the forum @ A@) then I realized it was me then I squealed so loudly my sister actually looked away from her Dota game to glare at me incredulously
It's so cute! //flails//
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:24:07 PM by koalalou »

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

jesty

• Tumblr
  • *twirls around*
« Reply #1928 on: June 06, 2015, 02:19:34 PM »

*GASP* That is amazing Gweno!!! Thankyousomuch! I love the epic pose you drew of Alice! (I hope she's not aiming at anything living o.o)

And now I will draw you!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:42:11 PM by jesty »
"There is no reason to not believe that advancement and revolution will come in the future" ~Arie Selinger
:hat: :betterhat:                                  :usa: :spain:
I will Survive~ :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1929 on: June 06, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »

And this is the art trade for Haiz! I have so many regrets, but I'm still up for art trades, for some reason.

(also, my tablet has one job. one job.)

EDIT: I found my purple marker. Are you kidding me. This could have turned out way better.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:46:27 PM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #1930 on: June 06, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »
Gwenno... thanks to you, I now need to surgically reattach my jaw.
WOW. That's amazing! And you made me look good! And I've been staring at this for a long time, capturing little details and events!
Seriously, you (and everyone here, really) are (is) amazing!
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1931 on: June 06, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
Gwenno that is so impressive! It's amazing you got everybody's, even mine when it's so new! And I love all the poses!
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #1932 on: June 06, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »
Had something of a crazy moment and decided to do the thing - how hard can it be right?
Anyway, finally finished and I hope people like how they were drawn  ;D It's sorta in alphabetical order except for the new people who just got placed wherever I was at the time, and Melusine who doesn't have a slide in the info dump yet so ended up at the end :(
I think it could help if I write a little presentation and/or try to draw me again, I quite understand nobody would re-read all to find some informations here and there.
Thanks Gwenno ! It's funny you draw me one more time, guess what I have done (in french for the moment) during my five hours in a train today ? :D
And congratulations for drawing all of us here !
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 04:24:45 PM by Mélusine »
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1933 on: June 06, 2015, 03:43:07 PM »
North - Yesss! Another new 'sona! And you look so cool as well -  I love both your art style and your hair ;)

Gwenno - Wow, you actually drew everyone. I am in awe. I (along with everyone else of course) look so good! Thank youuuuu
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

North

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • i am rage incarnate. your world shall burn.
« Reply #1934 on: June 06, 2015, 03:48:45 PM »
North - Yesss! Another new 'sona! And you look so cool as well -  I love both your art style and your hair ;)
I'm happy to join! Thank you so much aaaaa hh <3 ;v; I like my hair, too, if I don't sound too arrogant saying so.
Fluent: :norway: :uk:
Newbie: :germany: :russia:
Pronouns: she/her