Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842854 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1635 on: May 27, 2015, 02:34:19 AM »
eeeeeeeee ze's so adorable! Very majestic.

Hehe, thanks :>

ahahaha THANK YOU i love it, and at this particular moment I must say it does indeed feel pretty in character!!! I'm so happy

most dignified mage at the academy

Yay!! So glad you like it ^-^

...and speaking of sleep (kind of), that's what I need to go do since I'm waking up at 8. Goodnight all.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 02:39:12 AM by Piney »

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1636 on: May 27, 2015, 03:54:14 AM »
I'm double-posting, but here is the majestic Haiz-

(So I don't even know if your character is the kind of person to fall asleep like this but the pose was so darn hard to draw that I couldn't back out)
Hehe, so cute ^^ Nice work with the pose! :D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1637 on: May 27, 2015, 09:17:21 AM »
Hehe, so cute ^^ Nice work with the pose! :D

Thanks for commenting on the pose; had to draw it like 1,000 times to get a workable drawing. :P

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1638 on: May 27, 2015, 12:27:54 PM »
This is really late, but thank you to everyone who has drawn my sona!! ;v; I really really do appreciate it. And you all have uploaded some great things! So many pages to go through ahhhhhhhgggg. This is what I get for not keeping up.

Well, I finally have something new!

Some info:
- freelance translator in free time
- wishes she was secretly a mage
- likes to sleep a lot
- has a grade B cat
- spirit animal is the cinnamon bear (it's a brown variety of a black bear- same species)

Your style is so cute!!
And I don't know if we are that similar in real life, but our SSSS-sonas really look alike.

(So I don't even know if your character is the kind of person to fall asleep like this but the pose was so darn hard to draw that I couldn't back out)

hahaha, majestic indeed! XD
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."

koalalou

• Scout
  • Attention Dazzling Heywhat'sthat Dysfunction
« Reply #1639 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:19 PM »
hello, friends, comrades! xD
SO, sorry I haven't been around--there's been some funky stuff going on with my college tuition so I haven't really been able to log in until now : \

Curry, I saw the pic--I love it! and stop beating yourself up over drawing my face so long before--seriously, my side-view that I originally posted looked kinda long anyways so its not your fault. If you don't stop I'll...throw Jabberwocky at you or something idk... xP

anyways, we're having a huge thunderstorm right now so I'm headed out to the gazebo with my sketchbook and some wine to enjoy some birthday lounging and watch my favourite local nature show (haha)
I'll try to get caught up on what you beautiful people have been doing when I get back inside (it's just too hard on my phone xP but I am gonna try)

right, off to finish my art trades--I've been having some trouble with positioning TT VTT there's this really cool pose I wanna do with Curry and a flamethrower that I just can't seem to get right--and every pose I try to do with Haiz requires me to draw articulate fingers @ A@ but imma do it!

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #1640 on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
hello, friends, comrades! xD
SO, sorry I haven't been around--there's been some funky stuff going on with my college tuition so I haven't really been able to log in until now : \

Curry, I saw the pic--I love it! and stop beating yourself up over drawing my face so long before--seriously, my side-view that I originally posted looked kinda long anyways so its not your fault. If you don't stop I'll...throw Jabberwocky at you or something idk... xP

anyways, we're having a huge thunderstorm right now so I'm headed out to the gazebo with my sketchbook and some wine to enjoy some birthday lounging and watch my favourite local nature show (haha)
I'll try to get caught up on what you beautiful people have been doing when I get back inside (it's just too hard on my phone xP but I am gonna try)

right, off to finish my art trades--I've been having some trouble with positioning TT VTT there's this really cool pose I wanna do with Curry and a flamethrower that I just can't seem to get right--and every pose I try to do with Haiz requires me to draw articulate fingers @ A@ but imma do it!

Ahhh, I'm glad you like it :D I'll... actually, cats are really great, so maybe I'll stop apologizing for the sake of your adorable cat D: I can't wait to see what cool pose you get - and flamethrowers are IMPOSSIBLE. I drew one for Emil but ended up hiding the majority behind his back. SO COOL

Thunderstorms are my favorite thing and that sounds like a really nice way to finish up the day! (or wait, I don't know your time zone. spend?? the day??) Happy birthday!
YEET

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1641 on: May 27, 2015, 03:53:29 PM »
Ahhh, I'm glad you like it :D I'll... actually, cats are really great, so maybe I'll stop apologizing for the sake of your adorable cat D: I can't wait to see what cool pose you get - and flamethrowers are IMPOSSIBLE. I drew one for Emil but ended up hiding the majority behind his back. SO COOL

Thunderstorms are my favorite thing and that sounds like a really nice way to finish up the day! (or wait, I don't know your time zone. spend?? the day??) Happy birthday!

Asdfghasdfs honestly it's less the pose I'm having issues with and more the position of the flamethrower...and the flamethrower itself xP
Yes, flamethrowers are SUPER impossible @ A@
And I'm unfortunately going to have to wait until later to try and get more done on it
Inspiration struck for the one I'm doing for Haiz so I'm trying to ride that wave as long as I can xP

And yeah, the storm was awesome
Alas, it only lasted from like 1pm(ish)-3pm(ish) so I'm back inside now = 3=

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1642 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »

Asdfghasdfs honestly it's less the pose I'm having issues with and more the position of the flamethrower...and the flamethrower itself xP
Yes, flamethrowers are SUPER impossible @ A@
And I'm unfortunately going to have to wait until later to try and get more done on it
Inspiration struck for the one I'm doing for Haiz so I'm trying to ride that wave as long as I can xP

And yeah, the storm was awesome
Alas, it only lasted from like 1pm(ish)-3pm(ish) so I'm back inside now = 3=

Augh, yes, I referenced the one on Emil so heavily I probably can't actually take credit for it. Ah well. Thank you, Google Images. And that's entirely alright! I understand that wayyyy too well, ahaha... Ride that inspiration wave into the sand >:D They're rare, take advantage of it while it lasts!

Oh nooo! We had a really big storm last night, and our street flooded a little bit, but that's normal since I live at approximately 1 foot above sea level (.3 meters) and the swamp next to my house isn't very good at absorbing any more water (it's already underwater 100% of the time, soooo)
YEET

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1643 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:49 PM »

This is so cute haha!

Your style is so cute!!
And I don't know if we are that similar in real life, but our SSSS-sonas really look alike.

Thanks! Lol, I wonder. They do look a lot alike xD Long lost twins.
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

koalalou

• Scout
« Reply #1644 on: May 27, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »
success! hope you like it, Haiz! I had a little trouble with one of the sleeves, but other than that, I really like how it came out~
= w=

and here's what I have done for Curry's...I think I might scrap it, though, and start fresh. Dx

Spoiler: show

Boop-boop-ba-doop~

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1645 on: May 27, 2015, 05:47:27 PM »
Tabea and Daéa, if you make a story about your self-inserts really being long lost twins that would be kind of amazing and kind of hilarious

success! hope you like it, Haiz! I had a little trouble with one of the sleeves, but other than that, I really like how it came out~
= w=

!!!!!
THANK YOU it looks absolutely glorious and I like it a lot!!
what are sleeves anyway
you'll know where to find me.

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1646 on: May 27, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »
= w=

and here's what I have done for Curry's...I think I might scrap it, though, and start fresh. Dx

!!!!!! These are so cool and dynamic! I am actually kind of falling in love with everything about your art style, especially those clothing folds. I mean, wow. I've lost what little coherence I had before :O
YEET

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1647 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:41 PM »

I drew this today! I kinda have Problems with it, and you can see I attempted shading. (or you can't)

But at least I got to draw Alexis with her swords, finally. And the pose is kinda wonky because I did the pose breakdowns on Friday, before I had my first real Artist Burnout. (they are not fun)

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #1648 on: May 27, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »
= w=

Woah, I love the poses! Very dynamic c:

Tabea and Daéa, if you make a story about your self-inserts really being long lost twins that would be kind of amazing and kind of hilarious

That would be incredibly hilarious!

I drew this today! I kinda have Problems with it, and you can see I attempted shading. (or you can't)

But at least I got to draw Alexis with her swords, finally. And the pose is kinda wonky because I did the pose breakdowns on Friday, before I had my first real Artist Burnout. (they are not fun)

I can see the shading :) And the outfit is cool
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1649 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »
Still alive, been swamped with work and haven't gotten much work towards the dossiers done beyond vectorizing the profile page, the photo, and the manilla folders. I haven't gotten a chance to crop out and pull each profile photo yet.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.