Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841909 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1470 on: May 17, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »
HAPPY NORWAY DAY EVERYONE

This is beautiful :,D

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Elrew

« Reply #1471 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »

Aww! Everyone's so cute and I look so TALL! *cackles at my new verticalness*
Have a great day!
Hey guys! This is kind of inspired by Haiz's project to draw a group picture of all the Norwegian characters. Would you guys be up for doing a collaboration piece? Basically everyone contributes by drawing their respective characters, then a person compiles them together into a single picture, complete with fancy background and everything. I want to get a headcount of interested parties before I get too excited about this, haha.
Sure, I'd do that, it's a brilliant idea :)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #1472 on: May 17, 2015, 09:07:55 AM »
Hey guys! This is kind of inspired by Haiz's project to draw a group picture of all the Norwegian characters. Would you guys be up for doing a collaboration piece? Basically everyone contributes by drawing their respective characters, then a person compiles them together into a single picture, complete with fancy background and everything. I want to get a headcount of interested parties before I get too excited about this, haha.

Yesssss I'll do it.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1473 on: May 17, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »

I'd like to participate!  ;D

Also

from left to right:
Freddiethefantastic; Curry; YOURS TRULY; Elrew; Fimbulvarg/waffle; Laufey; Ruth; Sigrid Marie; Kex; Unlos; Cheesecake; Fenris; Gwenno
(those are all the norwegian 'sonas I know of, I really hope I didn't leave out anyone!)

This is brilliant!  ;D Well done Hiaz!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:37:31 PM by kahli »
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1474 on: May 17, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »
Haiz: MOST BEST. I was trying to do some homework but (somehow) ended up here, and my cracking up over Fim and Laufey gave me away. My parents were like, "that sure is a funny essay, isn't it?" and I'm like ":*( I'll go work on it."
Aaaaand now, ten minutes later I'm writing this post. There's a reason it's taking me so long to write this dang paper.
But happy Norway Day, everybody! *waves cheesy little flags*
Oh, and AG -- I'm in!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:06:00 AM by Noodly Appendage »
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1475 on: May 17, 2015, 10:51:24 AM »

I'm interested!!

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1476 on: May 17, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »

I would definitely be interested. I was just thinking of something along those line.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #1477 on: May 17, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
*raises hand*
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1478 on: May 17, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »

You did the thing! Best 17th of May celebration 2015!

I like the vertical gradient here, it's like me and Gwenno are nearly twice as tall as some of you :P

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1479 on: May 17, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »

from left to right:
Freddiethefantastic; Curry; YOURS TRULY; Elrew; Fimbulvarg/waffle; Laufey; Ruth; Sigrid Marie; Kex; Unlos; Cheesecake; Fenris; Gwenno
(those are all the norwegian 'sonas I know of, I really hope I didn't leave out anyone!)

- I refuse to participate in the parade if I don't get to carry the banner. I don't care that I'm the shortest and physically weakest, give it to me
- Sorry if any proportions/heights got wrong!!! I've never drawn a crowd scene such as this before O: O: O:
- "Ja, vi elsker dette landet" are the first lyrics in our national anthem, they translate to "yes, we love this country" and the following lyrics are all about what a miserable rocky clump of land we live on and how beautiful that is.

Haiz, you are a drawing machine!!!! This is so cool and I'm so glad to have chosen Norwegian as a nationality because THIS! The flags are tied to my jo as well, which is totally how it would happen, and we all look so happy :D Also, looks like it was a good idea to put you on banner holding duty on my picture then!

I don't know what to say about mine really, maybe "Happy Constitution day!"? Anyway, it's my attempt at all the Norwegian 'sonas :)
From left to right we have : Fimbulvarg, Freddiethefantastic, Sigrid Marie, Gwenno (me), Fenris, Ruth, Karri/Curry, Unlos, Kex(bottom), Cheescake(top), Eldrew and Haiz/Helen. The troll is of course Laufey
(lazy points on 5 minute fjords background and choosing a scene where I had to draw as few legs as possible :P - legs are the worst!)

Sure, I'd be up for this :) Seems like there's quite a few on board already!

Also, I'm slightly more free now, so if anyone feels like art trades let me know ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1480 on: May 17, 2015, 12:23:07 PM »
thank you so much for all the comments, I'm glad you like the little parade I threw together ^__________^
(for those of you who haven't seen what a 17th may parade looks like, it's intense)

(the rest is perfect too, but accordion troll has gotten a special place in my heart! I also like the flag on the apple picker ;-)
I think accordion troll has a special place in all our hearts at this point

(I'm secretly really really happy that there's even a blart in there)

Also a good guess on Laufey-troll's butt-end, it really does not have hind legs. It's just a snek.
OF COURSE the blart is there.
*finished inking* "hmmm, it looks okay, but something is missing."
*writes tiny blart in the lyrics*
"perfect"

I always thought Laufeytroll was connected to something, somewhere, and just sneked around a certain area like a... plugged-in vacuumer or something. I was a little sad at imagining fim ripping it out for the sake of the parade, but since you reallyreally wanted to join.........

(I'm laughing so hard at *furious accordion solo*)

Aww! Everyone's so cute and I look so TALL! *cackles at my new verticalness*
I like the vertical gradient here, it's like me and Gwenno are nearly twice as tall as some of you :P
HAHA WOOPS
I'm really really not very used to drawing a big group of people together like this, so I was like "hm okay, if I draw myself first, VERY TINY, and then everyone around me VERY TALL (except for sigrid who i know is about my height), it will look accurate, no?" and this is the result. Also the heads have very diverse sizes, too. Just a lot of messing around with proportions all over the place
(TO BE FAIR it feels like a lot of people are nearly twice as tall as me)

Haiz, you are a drawing machine!!!! This is so cool and I'm so glad to have chosen Norwegian as a nationality because THIS! The flags are tied to my jo as well, which is totally how it would happen, and we all look so happy :D Also, looks like it was a good idea to put you on banner holding duty on my picture then!

THANK YOU, so are you apparently, this is fantastic!!!! I love the colouring and I understand completely why you'd avoid drawing legs, ha...
Putting me on flag holding duty was definitely the right choice.

Also I'm really happy we're planning a BIG GROUP PROJECT thing, because I wanted to make a drawing with everyone in it back when we were like........ six 'sonas or something. It became very clear very fast I would not be able to create a group drawing of everyone. Heck, fitting twelve people + one troll on an A3 paper was challenging enough for me. So I'm also veryvery excited about this!! And I also hope there isn't a deadline soon soon, because, well... reasons...

like the fact that I should get back to my last-minute studying ASAP (hi fives Noodly)
you'll know where to find me.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1481 on: May 17, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »

Aaahahaaa more awesomeness happened! You two are seriously impressive drawing whole teams and I'll try my best to match that in about exactly one month. Also from a trollish point of view this pic is a total smörgåsbord waiting to happen, so many sonas hanging over the sides (or in Haiz's case a second away from falling in).  ;D

You say that but stretched to full length the Laufey-troll would probably be taller than the whole Norwegian team stacked up... longtroll is long  shush I have dreams of being tall  I saw my chance and took it

I always thought Laufeytroll was connected to something, somewhere, and just sneked around a certain area like a... plugged-in vacuumer or something. I was a little sad at imagining fim ripping it out for the sake of the parade, but since you reallyreally wanted to join.........

That's very much how it works: it anchors itself to one place and sneks around waiting to ambush possible prey. That's why it can duck and retreat quickly, it just yanks itself back to the anchor spot like an ugly vacuum cord.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1482 on: May 17, 2015, 12:39:10 PM »
That's very much how it works: it anchors itself to one place and sneks around waiting to ambush possible prey. That's why it can duck and retreat quickly, it just yanks itself back to the anchor spot like an ugly vacuum cord.
So your troll IS a mix of a vacuum cleaner and an accordion! Now that's some next level wish fulfillment right here

also haha no i'm definitely not falling into the water, look at me being all super anchored by my friend Lana and using the flag as a parachute if need be
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 12:46:27 PM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1483 on: May 17, 2015, 01:27:45 PM »

Nice! It looks like we're all on our way to conquer England again in our soon to be vastly improved viking ship :D
The watercolouring looks very very good, especially considering that you've just had one day for it.

I'm really really not very used to drawing a big group of people together like this, so I was like "hm okay, if I draw myself first, VERY TINY, and then everyone around me VERY TALL (except for sigrid who i know is about my height), it will look accurate, no?" and this is the result. Also the heads have very diverse sizes, too. Just a lot of messing around with proportions all over the place
(TO BE FAIR it feels like a lot of people are nearly twice as tall as me)

It's not criticism, I think it's very appropriate  ;) I don't see anything wrong proportions-vice.

it just yanks itself back to the anchor spot like an ugly vacuum cord.
With a cacophonous accordion symphony presumably.

Daéa Reina

• Tumblr
  • well, I'm trying
« Reply #1484 on: May 17, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »

I'm interested! :)
native :brazil:  |  decent :usa: :spain:  |  wants to learn :germany: :finland: :france:

I'm a survivor: :artd: :book1+: (-1) :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

"There's no better place on earth than the road that leads to Heaven."