Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841699 times)

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1410 on: May 14, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »
so, I haven't found my inking pens yet, but I wanted to get started on Curry and Haiz, so...here's the finished sketch of the art trade :) here's hoping I can find my pens soon so I can finish it up properly q vq

This is so cute! I really like the pose and how happy she looks :D

For Curry:

Hahha, I guess it was totally Karri who set the place on fire? :P

Haiz would be all "oooOOOH COOL THAT MAKES SENSE" and try to fit it like a puzzlepiece into all the other myths ze has ever heard, because ze believes in everything at the same time.

Also I accidentally put wayy to much effort into a thing again

who knows, maybe I'll even do my art trades soon too ahaha ha
Woah, it looks incredible :o

Hey, I've got a writting idea itching at my brain. I need to know how your S'onas would react to this story, How Raven stole fire.

Spoiler: show
Long ago, near the beginning of the world, Grey Eagle guarded the sun, moon, stars, water, and fire. But Grey Eagle hated people. He hated them so much that he kept these things hidden away, and the people lived in cold and darkness.

Grey Eagle had a beautiful daughter who fancied Raven, for Raven was a handsome white bird who loved Grey Eagle’s daughter in return. He was invited to the longhouse of Grey Eagle. Raven looked about the walls of the lodge and saw the sun, the moon, the stars, water, and fire.

Raven was ashamed of Grey Eagle for hiding them, and knew what he must do. When no one was watching, he stole all these things from the lodge of Grey Eagle. He flew with them right up the smoke hole of the long house. He flew and he flew, higher and higher.

He hung the sun as high as he could in the sky. It made so much light that he was able to escape all the way to an island far out in the ocean. When night fell, he flew again, this time fastening the moon up in the sky and hanging each star in its own place around the heavens. Then he flew back over the land, still carrying the water and the fire.   

When he reached the right place, he dropped the water, creating the source of all fresh water – rivers, lakes, and streams.

Raven flew on, still carrying the stick of fire in his beak. As he flew, the smoke blew back on him, turning all of his feathers the darkest black. When his beak became too hot, he dropped the fire on some rocks, concealing it within them. Still today when we strike two stones together, drops of fire will spark out.

And still today, we see the black feathers of the raven, darkened forever because he brought good things to this world.

My ssssona would probably listen very intently (she loves stories) and afterwards want to discuss how it differs from other myths.

I finally finished my art trade with Unlos!

This is my first attempt at a background in 4-5 years xD

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1411 on: May 14, 2015, 11:49:41 PM »
Alright Aqua, I have a sketch. A sketch I intend to colour, now that I have acquired an interesting option on that matter.

Continuing with what I have been doing with other people, I tried to depict your character in a scene that showcases her background and more civilian clothes.

So cooking.

I also considered doing mappy-things, but inspiration struck for this first.

Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1412 on: May 14, 2015, 11:54:02 PM »
Alright Aqua, I have a sketch. A sketch I intend to colour, now that I have acquired an interesting option on that matter.

Continuing with what I have been doing with other people, I tried to depict your character in a scene that showcases her background and more civilian clothes.

So cooking.

I also considered doing mappy-things, but inspiration struck for this first.

Oh this is lovely!! :D Thank you so much!
I'll get started with yours as soon as I can (probably tomorrow) :)

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #1413 on: May 15, 2015, 12:31:46 AM »

EEEE! I love it, I'll try to finish yours tonight, right now I have to go to work.

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #1414 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »
Hey everyone! Just popping in and out of the thread to drop off an art trade. Mad Robin, here's a Marja for you.

Also, I suppose I should mention that this may be the last formal art trade I do in a long while. I seem to be at a burnout stage, and this past trade took me almost two weeks to complete, egh! Probably something to do with my newfound addiction to Steven Universe, but husshhhhh.
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1415 on: May 15, 2015, 03:17:21 AM »
I now imagine Sunflower going all McGonagall on us like "Why is it, when something happens, it is always you three?"

The three stooges of the ssona world.

An apple a day keeps the rash away. Nice!

Hey everyone! Just popping in and out of the thread to drop off an art trade. Mad Robin, here's a Marja for you.

As always the style is simply amazing and very inspiring.

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1416 on: May 15, 2015, 04:17:40 AM »
AquaAurion: ohhh that's very nice!! Love the pose. And I get a very botticelli feel from the way you drew her face and hair

Vafhudr: your drawings are so cool and decorative O: I'm really impressed by that all that kitchen

Almond-Goddess: aaaaaaaa I love the way the colours and shadows turned out, and the effortless pose is so great

I would give you a severe look over the top of my glasses... except that I was the one who requested a picture of Fimby in a bunad with a chainsaw.   8)
Which I should, for reasons of relevance, post in this thread as well.

now everyone can gaze upon its glory

also, since 17th may is coming up, I'm really tempted to draw all the norwegian 'sonas in a quick group portrait but I should know by now there is no such thing as a 'quick group portrait', thus putting this very high on the list of things I Should Not Be Doing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:21:00 AM by Haiz »
you'll know where to find me.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1417 on: May 15, 2015, 04:36:50 AM »
also, since 17th may is coming up, I'm really tempted to draw all the norwegian 'sonas in a quick group portrait but I should know by now there is no such thing as a 'quick group portrait', thus putting this very high on the list of things I Should Not Be Doing.

That would be extremely rad, but business before pleasure as they say.

starfallz

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • MiSSSSionary
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1418 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:21 AM »

now everyone can gaze upon its glory

Doesn't that just make it a list that it seems like you should be doing? Also... is that a knife added to the chainsaw?
Fluent: :usa: Rusty: :japan: Uh, what? :sweden:
Chapter Break Survivor: :artd: : :chap5: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1419 on: May 15, 2015, 09:06:24 AM »
That would be extremely rad, but business before pleasure as they say.
Doesn't that just make it a list that it seems like you should be doing? Also... is that a knife added to the chainsaw?
I think we all know I'll probably end up doing it

and yes. yes it is. I think we have established that Fim's insert has a penchant for makeshift and/or improved weapons. *coughs*

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1420 on: May 15, 2015, 09:19:00 AM »
I think we all know I'll probably end up doing it

I'd be lying if I said those things aren't what makes this my favourite thread on the forum, but then again I'd feel guilty if I pressured you into making it at a significant cost in time.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1421 on: May 15, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »
I'd be lying if I said those things aren't what makes this my favourite thread on the forum, but then again I'd feel guilty if I pressured you into making it at a significant cost in time.

That's what makes you a better person than I am because I'm not feeling even slightly guilty about wanting to see the whole Norwegian team drawn by the Haiz... I guess the 17th June will be payback time for my sins then. :P
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Haiz

• Tumblr
« Reply #1422 on: May 15, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »
I mean, if Norway keeps one pre-rash tradition still going, it's 17. mai.

*thinks about reading for exams* *eyes gloss over with apathy*
*thinks about making art* *vibrates with excitement*
...................yeeeeeeeeeeeeah, we'll see how that goes. You're definitely not pressuring me more than I'm doing on my own

also *zooms in* 'favourite thread'? gosh I feel proud for accidentally having co-kickstarted this whole shebang

Laufey: aahahahaha
say, which nationality is your troll?
(and what happens the 17th of june)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:36:47 AM by Haiz »

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1423 on: May 15, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
That's what makes you a better person than I am because I'm not feeling even slightly guilty about wanting to see the whole Norwegian team drawn by the Haiz... I guess the 17th June will be payback time for my sins then. :P
The fact that I'm so swamped in work that I suspect I won't have time to celebrate on the 17th might make me a bit more sympathetic in this case :P

.............which nationality is your troll?

Accordion remix of the national anthem in the making.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1424 on: May 15, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »
say, which nationality is your troll?
(and what happens the 17th of june)

I've not actually thought about that before but most likely Norwegian. I MEAN I'M NOT SAYING THIS JUST TO GET IT IN THAT PIC hahaha who am I kidding I love to see my trollsona drawn by you, it's just that whenever it's been interacting with other SSSSsonas they've all been Norwegians. See. I had logic.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: