Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842221 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #1155 on: May 07, 2015, 01:13:26 AM »
@Huntra: Looks neat.

@others: Seeing no objections gonna scan and start the digital work on the dossiers.

Nevermind. My printer/scanner decided to short out and die.

well then...it seems the machines have chosen war.

so be it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:21:26 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1156 on: May 07, 2015, 01:15:25 AM »
This is my first drawing for several months that was not copied free hand from another artist so I am curious about how it turned out. I really hope everyone likes it. I had to take a picture of it because my scanner is broken so I apologize for the bad quality and the eraser bits still on the page.

Aw, that's super cute! ^-^

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Ren

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #1157 on: May 07, 2015, 01:27:17 AM »
Aw, that's super cute! ^-^

Thank you Piney. I don't draw very much.
Learning Spanish and Norwegian

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1158 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:35 AM »
speaking of hair, not sure whether or not to experiment on it with magic is the most adviceable of ideas

when approached by a teacher at the academy:

"You're clever enough to create spells by combining norse and finnish magic, and THIS is what you do with it?"
".................."
"......................."
".........................."
*stern staring*
"...........yes"

Okay, this is now my goal for my hair. Originally I was planning on dying it a boring, everyday colour like red-purple or something, but this is... perfect.  What do you mean my hairdresser will hate me?

@Unlos - I'm sorry that this is a bit late; would you like us to change your portrait on the forum to your new picture or just leave it as the older one? We weren't sure whether to update it or not :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1159 on: May 07, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »
Welcome to the team, Huntra! Lookin' good!

What do you mean my hairdresser will hate me?
HOW HARD CAN IT BE
my hairdresser doesn't even ask anymore she just starts mixing up dyes the moment I walk in

Spoiler: show
you'll know where to find me.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #1160 on: May 07, 2015, 02:21:55 AM »
HOW HARD CAN IT BE
my hairdresser doesn't even ask anymore she just starts mixing up dyes the moment I walk in

Ooooo..... pretty.... all those sunset colors.
I tell you, the MINUTE I get a full-time job with benefits and everything, so I don't have to keep my appearance mainstream for the sake of job interviews, I'm going to do something like that with my hair.

Of course, I have about several cubic feet of fluffy, frizzy hair, so multiple colors might look more scary than cute on me.    :o
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1161 on: May 07, 2015, 02:27:19 AM »
Thanks, now it will be possible to draw your OC without a collar obscuring the hair in the future, if that's a thing that were to happen......

If that thing wereto happen I wouldn't complain  :P

And thanks for putting me on a top-something list! I love those (except the top-worst-at something lists).

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #1162 on: May 07, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »
HOW HARD CAN IT BE

width=400]http://41.media.tumblr.com/040dfd353224286c16ee725d76704ecd/tumblr_nhar4mbbed1r6soqlo1_1280.jpg[/img]

wOW, your hair is amazing! All those colours... so pretty <3 I've only ever dyed my hair twice and neither time was particularly exciting, just trying to make it a bit lighter ;_;
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1163 on: May 07, 2015, 03:11:16 AM »
HOW HARD CAN IT BE

Your hairdresser is absolutely brilliant. That looks really good!
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

AquaAurion

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1164 on: May 07, 2015, 04:10:56 AM »
Thanks! .......I kinda shamelessly stole the idea from Almond-Goddess:*points at top right corner*
I forgot about that! I still think it's genious though ^^

speaking of hair, not sure whether or not to experiment on it with magic is the most adviceable of ideas

What else should one use magic for? (I would totally experiment with my hair as well) I like how the hair matches the eyes ^^

AquaAurion: I feel like I focused on my own character too much. I also feel like this took too much time for what I actually got down, tho I've been busy with work. Considering I barely know anyone's characters, I hope it's at least an amusing story  :-[ I did decide some more things for Ilmari, and it was nice actually writing again.

Ilmari returned from a night scouting. Things had been relatively quiet; there had been a bright, full moon and only a few clouds out, so aside from avoiding a couple beasts in the forest, things had gone smoothly. He'd even found some berries that were probably an ok kind to eat.
It was hard telling berries apart in the dark sometimes. He'd know for sure once he'd gotten decontaminated. He got in line with other night scouts waiting for decontamination. There were a few questions about what he'd brought back, and he replied with little else than “My secret,” in Finnish-accented Norwegian.
After a thorough wash, rinse and drying, Ilmari threw on his off-duty clothing. After making an official report, he asked if the berries he'd brought back could be delivered to the kitchen when it was determined they were safe. Then he headed to the kitchen himself for some dinner, while a few others were just getting up for breakfast.

The kitchen itself was small, even for serving only part of the base. But it was sufficient for most kinds of cooking or baking anyone could wish to do.
The only other person there was Sofie Borgström, cleaning up from early breakfast. She and Ilmari had spoken a few times, usually with the help of others who could bridge the language gap, or with phrases that could be easily figured out from context. Still, she was one of the people he felt comfortable talking with and she would probably be as excited about his find as he was.
“Good morning,” he said in Norwegian, closer to her Swedish and Icelandic. She returned with what he assumed was a similar greeting. Swedish this time?
The next part was hard. He was excited about his little find, but trying to explain things without someone to help translate could be difficult. There was a silence between them both while he considered his options and she continued cleaning.
“So, I found some berries,” he said. Sofie looked confused at the sudden foreign words, despite Ilmari saying things slowly and enunciating. “BERRIES?”
Sofie looked for something to write or draw with, and handed it to Ilmari, who started doodling. Someone really should make a game like that or something; people on the various bases would probably love it. And it would get around the language barriers. But for right now, he made a very simple image of berries on a bush and a stick figure scout – him - then a second little picture of the berries, and a smiling woman – Sofie.
“Berries?” he repeated, pointing. “I found them.”
“That's good,” she replied smiling. It was a phrase that was similar in Norwegian and the other languages. She asked something else but Ilmari had to make a gesture showing he didn't know what she'd said. She drew a clock with a question mark. Then pointed at the picture of herself.
It took a moment and he wasn't sure but he figured she was wondering when they'd get to the kitchen. Or maybe when she'd get her share. He put the time they should get to the kitchen on the clock. Things would get sorted out later.
There wasn't anything else on his side to tell anyone, so he got some food and listened to Sofie talk about … something. He wasn't paying enough attention to make out details in Icelandic or Swedish. It might have been what she was planning to make for lunch, and now she was asking ... he thought she asked if he wanted something? He shrugged, figuring that was a safe reply.

After dinner, Ilmari bid Sofie “good night” even if it was after sunrise and headed to bed. When he woke up later that afternoon, he was hungry and had some time before his shift. He headed out to the kitchen.
It was pretty dead in the dining area and kitchen, but he saw a small plate of food with his name on it. There was some kind of sweet bread or something, made with the berries he'd brought back. The paper that actually had his name also had a short note, in Swedish, saying Sofie made some treats for everyone and wanted to make sure he got some. He tried a piece and bundled up the rest for his scouting shift. He'd have to go back and bring more berries the next time he could.
When Ilmari was starting work, one of the other scouts mentioned he didn't look as serious as usual that evening. “What has you in a good mood?”
“My secret,” he said. It was nice having a friend or two on the base.

Oh, I don't mind ^w^ I know that it's hard to write someone else's character.
Thank you for the cute story! :) Baking bread based on the berries is definitely something I'd do ^^

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

HarrisWilkens

« Reply #1165 on: May 07, 2015, 05:29:02 AM »
YOU ARE ALL BAREFACED BABBIES!!

This is (kinda) my self insert. I think I would end up going a bit crazy due to the loss of, either those I loved, or, various things I enjoyed in my current life. I also don't really like the cold, but if I have to do something you can bet I'll do it. I would embrace the more savage side of life relatively quickly and a shovel, (seen here) would be my tool/weapon.

Most the people here have definitely cultivated their art skills to a higher degree than I have, but, I draw power from my own inadequacy!! I see what you all are doing and I say (I think it, I'm not crazy, yet) "I wanna be able to art that well!" So I thank you all for providing me with a view on how far I have yet to go.

But srsly guys, where are all the lovely bearded men??

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #1166 on: May 07, 2015, 07:40:59 AM »
Oh, I don't mind ^w^ I know that it's hard to write someone else's character.
Thank you for the cute story! :) Baking bread based on the berries is definitely something I'd do ^^

Ah I'm glad. I can't wait to see your drawing!
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #1167 on: May 07, 2015, 08:29:54 AM »

well then...it seems the machines have chosen war.

so be it.

Its the Cattank!  X-D
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #1168 on: May 07, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »
YOU ARE ALL BAREFACED BABBIES!!

This is (kinda) my self insert. I think I would end up going a bit crazy due to the loss of, either those I loved, or, various things I enjoyed in my current life. I also don't really like the cold, but if I have to do something you can bet I'll do it. I would embrace the more savage side of life relatively quickly and a shovel, (seen here) would be my tool/weapon.

Most the people here have definitely cultivated their art skills to a higher degree than I have, but, I draw power from my own inadequacy!! I see what you all are doing and I say (I think it, I'm not crazy, yet) "I wanna be able to art that well!" So I thank you all for providing me with a view on how far I have yet to go.

You look like you could be Gwenno's dad (the messy braided hair is strong in the bloodline) and a close relative of Admiral Olsen :P

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1169 on: May 07, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »

I'm literally a beret and beat up old military jacket from looking like a south american communist revolutionary.... oh wait I have both of those in my closet.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.