Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842201 times)

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #885 on: April 25, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
@:Kicknrun; So... the smile of "Oh god what did I just get myself into did I just sign on for military training?!"

Also how tall is she?

@:KauniitaUnia; Better? Or worse?

...I should do a silly sketch of Strelok minus bandanna in one of those empty panels...nah those I'll use if anyone else wants a dossier...

She'll probably have a neutral expression. She might have realized that joining the military is a bad idea, but she's gone too far to go back now.
5,3 feet (161 in) in height.

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

Unlos

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #886 on: April 25, 2015, 02:43:51 PM »

Besides, I already have Unlos' lovely drawing, featuring me at the prettiest desk I've ever seen (hopefully strong enough to stand up to my wrapping my feet around its legs, as I often do) and something cute in my hair.  (Is it a scarf?  A snood?  Anything like that would certainly work to restrain my mass of insanely fluffy hair.)

I'm glad you like it! What's a snood? (*googles*) No, it was just supposed to be a bun with a hair clip or hair comb, like the one SolarPoweredGirl gave you.

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #887 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »
@Gwenno: Staff

@DancingRanger: Hair/eye color?

@kicknrun: noted.

@KauniiUnia, kahli and everyone else listed here:

I may have forgotten what special notes (the stuff in red like on strelok's profile about being able to speak a strange language from beyond the sun and not to let him repair vehicles without supervision lest he turn into a jaeger and punch giants in the throat with it) you wanted, so please reiterate them.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #888 on: April 25, 2015, 04:17:51 PM »

Thank you-sketch for Frenci.

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #889 on: April 25, 2015, 10:29:30 PM »

I may have forgotten what special notes (the stuff in red like on strelok's profile about being able to speak a strange language from beyond the sun and not to let him repair vehicles without supervision lest he turn into a jaeger and punch giants in the throat with it) you wanted, so please reiterate them.

You can refer to laufey's painting. In words Ash-blonde, pale blue eyes.
>personnel files state: rarely makes eye contact, shiny things are very distracting, and speaks an odd language that sounds oddly like Finnish, but isn't; his mother speaks it as well.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #890 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:57 AM »

Colored sketch of Fenris, because he unsuspectingly left his picture on the how do you look thread (and  thank you for not sniggering when I didn't manage to translate Gulrot to Carrot)

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #891 on: April 26, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »

Hmm well, I didn't really include that much extra information, and I don't know whether it's the sort of thing that you are looking for :/ You could incude something about how she 'can be easily bribed with promises of pastries or other sweet foods', or that the rifle was a family heirloom (seeing that its age might affect how useful it could actually be, especially in stressfull environment - although I assume that it has been looked after very well!). The fact that she has a bit of skill in mage-craft might be worth mentioning, although it's not that useful in the long run, really ;)

If you are looking for more information/extra clarification, you can always reference my entry on the infodump (surprise surprise...) :D
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

kahli

• Scout
« Reply #892 on: April 26, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

All the special notes? Ok,

Other stuff: Likes hats. Can do archery but is bad at it. curious. agrees with Lalli on the topic of cities. collects random objects from the silent world as well as interesting looking sticks, rocks and leaves for no apparent reason. Seems shy and quiet but is really just an introvert. Very perceptive. Usually sees trolls as poor suffering people rather than monsters (but has no problem with killing them). Doesn't easily get scared. Very go-with-the-flow.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Chapter break survivor: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

Fenris

« Reply #893 on: April 26, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »

Colored sketch of Fenris, because he unsuspectingly left his picture on the how do you look thread (and  thank you for not sniggering when I didn't manage to translate Gulrot to Carrot)
Whoa. That looks great. Far better than anything I'd be able to draw.

KicknRun

• Ranger
  • excitable hatred
  • Preferred pronouns: he/her
« Reply #894 on: April 26, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »

Alexis' has innate magic skills (a.k.a can enter magechat, can see spirits, not the future), and her practice lies more in the domain of bokar (basically a grey wizard) than a priest. Also, she's way more cheerful than the Debby Downer I showed her personality to be.

EDIT: Modified according to the new modified bio.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 08:38:23 AM by KicknRun »

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
SSSSoulcount:0

Icon drawn by Piney

SugaAndSpice

• Scout
  • just a gourd on the internet
  • Preferred pronouns: ALL THE PRONOUNS. He/him/his is always a safe bet though!
Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #895 on: April 26, 2015, 02:20:04 PM »
I'm currently going through this art thread from the beginning, there's so much great stuff, wow!!!

also if you pardon my narcissism......... here are some sketches of my magesona

width=220]https://40.media.tumblr.com/a57978684d460b8c43841d0003114203/tumblr_nlgk8dtJzp1r6soqlo4_400.jpg[/img]

the most dignified mage

You by any chance a brony? #Rainbowdashface

I dont know why it didnt do the pictures...
I say vol, you say tron! Vol!
…Voltron?

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #896 on: April 26, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »

I'm guessing it would probably be about being kinda stoopid, reckless, and not a fantastic team player, communicator or order follower, but despite all this all being very good at bashing trolls, also that there are instances where she'd been sent into buildings and the whole thing ends up falling down, although it couldn't be definitely proved that this was her fault! An official document would also probably note that she was actually literate in both Norwegian and Icelandic (although she would definitely deny this!), and maybe that she had some experience travelling to help out with the cleansers. Also, as I said before, she isn't proficient in firearms which would definitely place her at a disadvantage in many situations.

DancingRanger - looks like my poor neglected responsibilities are catching up with me so I might not actually be done by tuesday as I said I'd be :/ Here's a WIP anyway, and who knows, maybe I'll be super productive and get all my work done quickly. Should hopefully be done by the end of the week anyway :D I'll explain a bit more about my ideas when the thing is finished, but for now I'll just say that I decided to go along the Finnish mage route seeing as your 'sona was trained in both types of magic. The outfit is also a bit of a mix of the two, and will include the face paint, feathers and wheel (because awesome)
http://sta.sh/0206d6dpr406

Camera is kinda broken, so I can't focus and the picture is crummy quality :/ but I hope you can still see what's going on!
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #897 on: April 26, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »
I'm guessing it would probably be about being kinda stoopid, reckless, and not a fantastic team player, communicator or order follower, but despite all this all being very good at bashing trolls, also that there are instances where she'd been sent into buildings and the whole thing ends up falling down, although it couldn't be definitely proved that this was her fault! An official document would also probably note that she was actually literate in both Norwegian and Icelandic (although she would definitely deny this!), and maybe that she had some experience travelling to help out with the cleansers. Also, as I said before, she isn't proficient in firearms which would definitely place her at a disadvantage in many situations.

DancingRanger - looks like my poor neglected responsibilities are catching up with me so I might not actually be done by tuesday as I said I'd be :/ Here's a WIP anyway, and who knows, maybe I'll be super productive and get all my work done quickly. Should hopefully be done by the end of the week anyway :D I'll explain a bit more about my ideas when the thing is finished, but for now I'll just say that I decided to go along the Finnish mage route seeing as your 'sona was trained in both types of magic. The outfit is also a bit of a mix of the two, and will include the face paint, feathers and wheel (because awesome)
http://sta.sh/0206d6dpr406

Camera is kinda broken, so I can't focus and the picture is crummy quality :/ but I hope you can still see what's going on!

Oh, cool. Ironically I just took a picture of my end of the trade. I'm currently not at home so I can't upload it yet, or see yours yet but it sounds cool.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Unlos

• Tumblr
« Reply #898 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:04 PM »
Whoa. That looks great. Far better than anything I'd be able to draw.
Thanks! The bite of the "draw everyone"- spider is slowly taking effect with me too. I haven't drawn in forever, except here. Going analphabetically, here are sketches of Windfighter and Wildfire.

I had no idea what coloring you have, Wildfire, so I had to improvise :P

Haiz

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Re: The SSSS Art Museum
« Reply #899 on: April 26, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
oh wow this thread keeps growing. Awesome art!!! welcome new crewmembers!!

You by any chance a brony? #Rainbowdashface
HHhhhhh I'd never call myself a brony, but I do watch the show........ i like cartoons. I happen to do the squishes-cheeks things irl for a long ti- HANG ON

after a round of shocking introspection I think you can trace my cheek squishing habit to rainbow dash
hahaa ha ha
ahaha
ha

i pick up habits from cartoons don't judge me
you'll know where to find me.