Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 841376 times)

Piney

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #870 on: April 24, 2015, 11:37:20 PM »
All these expressions make me happy ^^

Hehe, thanks, I'm glad I could please :)
To be honest, I had been thinking their expressions were all too similar but ignore me on that I guess

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #871 on: April 24, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »

To be honest, I had been thinking their expressions were all too similar but ignore me on that I guess
They're totally all different! Oliga is sceptical, and I'm alert (? words desert me!) and Red Cloud's surprised and ... :D
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #872 on: April 24, 2015, 11:41:40 PM »
Well, some of them are similar, but when drawing so many characters it's hard to avoid :P

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #873 on: April 24, 2015, 11:44:14 PM »

They look awesome as always Piney!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #874 on: April 24, 2015, 11:56:39 PM »
They're totally all different! Oliga is sceptical, and I'm alert (? words desert me!) and Red Cloud's surprised and ... :D

but like look at all of the little closed-mouth smiles

Well, some of them are similar, but when drawing so many characters it's hard to avoid :P

And also because I'm basing them off of other people's drawings in which most of them are just smiling.

They look awesome as always Piney!

Thank you ^v^
I think I've been reassured about the variety of my faces now, heh.

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #875 on: April 25, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »
@:Kicknrun; So... the smile of "Oh god what did I just get myself into did I just sign on for military training?!"

Also how tall is she?

@:KauniitaUnia; Better? Or worse?

...I should do a silly sketch of Strelok minus bandanna in one of those empty panels...nah those I'll use if anyone else wants a dossier...
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #876 on: April 25, 2015, 12:36:36 AM »
@Sunflower: I hope I didn't go too gary stu on Strelock.

Nope, I think your character is both mysterious and amusing.  Yeah, his back story's a little over the top, but not in a way that makes *him* a Gary Stu.  Unless, under that bandana, he looks like a young Harrison Ford.  And he plays guitar like Eric Clapton, and he's as rich as Tony Stark...

I look forward to finding out what Strelock was doing in all those REDACTED episodes.  Those spoiler tags will come in handy!   :)
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #877 on: April 25, 2015, 12:45:37 AM »
Nope, I think your character is both mysterious and amusing.  Yeah, his back story's a little over the top, but not in a way that makes *him* a Gary Stu.  Unless, under that bandana, he looks like a young Harrison Ford.  And he plays guitar like Eric Clapton, and he's as rich as Tony Stark...

I look forward to finding out what Strelock was doing in all those REDACTED episodes.  Those spoiler tags will come in handy!   :)

No he doesn't look like Harrison ford, he can play guitar but isn't that great at it, and no one's as rich as tony stark.  As for his backstory. Most of the the unredacted portion is actually in the google drive post.

See what'll be interesting is if he ever gets his memory back.

Spoiler: show
*hasn't decided where he originally comes from but it for sure isn't Scandinavia*

Additionally it isn't America either.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Quabus

« Reply #878 on: April 25, 2015, 01:29:14 AM »

A thank you for my character's imPineyation. Her character is spending another afternoon fleeing the rampant flames.

(yes, the flames say flame. I am tired and it is late.)

(Next time maybe I will just write "Piney's Clara having another bad day" and leave it at that. It would be much easier. :P)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #879 on: April 25, 2015, 02:13:42 AM »

A thank you for my character's imPineyation. Her character is spending another afternoon fleeing the rampant flames.

(yes, the flames say flame. I am tired and it is late.)

(Next time maybe I will just write "Piney's Clara having another bad day" and leave it at that. It would be much easier. :P)

Hehe, I thought "flames" was a funny touch. I'm wondering if she forgot her gun or threw it in panic :D

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #880 on: April 25, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »
Hehe, I thought "flames" was a funny touch. I'm wondering if she forgot her gun or threw it in panic :D

Hopefully Trond is not in charge of the operation. Odds are he will order Clara back to retrieve that expensive piece of equipment.

Hehe, I agree completely. Very accurate, too. Actually, I kind of like all the Piney-expressions...

Yes, all the drawings of your insert so far have had different takes on that same deadpan expression. It's amusing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:08:34 AM by Fimbulvarg »

AquaAurion

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #881 on: April 25, 2015, 04:45:38 AM »
I did a summer version of my uniform as well :) She's supposed to be pulling out a kitchen knife :P It doesn't look like the same character OTL

Here's a bio as well:

History: She grew up with her parents and younger sisters in a small cottage in the woods nearby Mora. Both of her parents were academics working in Mora and owned a small private collection of books, which Sofie would spend her days flipping through. Seeing their daughter's amazement while looking through the books they decided to enter her into a school in Mora. The family eventually moved to her grandparent's farm and it quickly became evident that their oldest daughter was not suited for farm life, being allergic to the animals (and the hay they ate). Instead Sofie spent most of her time at home in the kitchen. With the encouragement of her parent's she moved to Mora when she turned 20, in order to continue her studies and pursue a career as a skald.

Personality: Is rather quiet and shy until someone talks to her, but when she has become comfortable with someone she get's talkative instead. She is quite emotional and easily starts crying, but she'll only show her tears to someone she's very close with. After spending most of her childhood caring for her younger sisters she has become slightly paranoid and will imagine all sorts of horrible outcomes if people don't come back when they said they should etc. Because of this she also have a very strong need to be in control and will get very frustrated if people don't collaborate or if something unexpected happens.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:47:31 AM by AquaAurion »

Eagerly waiting since November 2014:  :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02:
(✿σ‿σ) ~<3

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #882 on: April 25, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »

Much better! Thank you :)
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #883 on: April 25, 2015, 11:02:42 AM »
@:Kicknrun; So... the smile of "Oh god what did I just get myself into did I just sign on for military training?!"

Also how tall is she?

...I should do a silly sketch of Strelok minus bandanna in one of those empty panels...nah those I'll use if anyone else wants a dossier...

Ooo, I do! It looks like fun!
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #884 on: April 25, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »

Haha, my 'sona looks so fierce and crazy :D love it! Not sure if the thing on the back is supposed to be a gun or staff or some other lovely pointy thing, but just so you know, my 'sona can't shoot for toffee…. Anyway, you can consider your 'sona on my list of people to draw now ^_^ (thinking I'll attempt to draw everyone who's drawn me so far…. how hard can it be, right?)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc