Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 842863 times)

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #675 on: April 18, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »
I made a quick picture of Karl/me in SSSS looking like I'm actually cool. In actual fact, Karl is pretty much like Onni times two with the blackmailability of Ása, which means that Karl is currently out in the Silent World, silently cursing Sara Hållander for getting him into this mess.

Hey, Karl, don't blame me if you took literally all that stuff I gave you about Euro-Disney!  Don't you know Disneylands aren't real?  They're just symbolic, like Mt. Olympus or the Finnish "birds' country." 

I mean, we know the Before-Timers had some weird superstitions, like drawing people with the heads of mice or ducks or rabbits.  But animalheads and "furries" who talked normally and wore clothes didn't actually exist, any more than "spaceships" that would "fly" people to the stars. 

Gotta run now -- I'm late for weekly worship at the Golden Arches.

- Sara Hållander, skald
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #676 on: April 18, 2015, 05:01:03 PM »
@Aquaaquarion: If I ever finish the dossier page (color it to my liking) I'll crop out the page from the background and offer that up as an update to replace the text bit on my page in the infodump since I've changed Strelokov's profile a bit since I initially posted it.

@Sunflower: and then someone digs through the stuff that was on Strelokov's companions  and finds photos of him +4 others off at the Baikonur Cosmodrome checking out the structures, killing grosslings and  examining a few dead cosmonaut trolls that were strapped in a prepped for launch but now heavily corroded and falling apart Buran.

General comment goes here: Any news or word on the forum rpg?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
@Sunflower: and then someone digs through the stuff that was on Strelokov's companions  and finds photos of him +4 others off at the Baikonur Cosmodrome checking out the structures, killing grosslings and examining a few dead cosmonaut trolls that were strapped in and prepped for launch but now heavily corroded and falling apart Buran.

Waitaminnit.  A) Are my former news-reporting contacts at Sverige Public Radio that good?
B) Don't be silly -- everybody knows there's no such thing as cosmonauts.  When Frank Sinatra sang "Fly Me to the Moon," he was being metaphorical.  And those hilarious photos of "moon landings" -- c'mon, those were just a running joke in the Before-Times, like jackalopes.  Or elephants.

;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:57:37 AM by Sunflower »
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

mad robin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
Oh my gosh, this thread grows so fast! I did not check it a few days and now I'm so lost.
Bad news: I really wanna draw all your adorable ssssonas (or as much as I can). But for now - only three victims, everyone else are in safety (I'm not threatening you but it's probably not for long).
Almond Goddess and her lovely pet (it looks like a pigeon but it's a falcon, I swear). Oliga and... ahem... grade OMG cat. And Haiz - brilliant mage doing hmmmm... mysterious magic things. Finnish and norwegian icelandic both at once.

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2015, 07:45:44 PM »
That is ridiculously pretty and adorable.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #680 on: April 18, 2015, 07:51:04 PM »
Ahhhhhhh mad robin, those are gorgeous!
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

princeofdoom

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Preferred pronouns: he or they
« Reply #681 on: April 18, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »

I've decided I'm going to give a few little stories about Ilmari and him having no common sense or similar.

Ilmari is not allowed to use a clothing iron because the last time he did, it somehow got stuck to the ceiling. Despite there being witnesses, no one is exactly sure how it happened.
Native :usa:
Rusty (and other issues) :japan: :france:
Learning :russia:
Starting :finland:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #682 on: April 18, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »
So, this is me coming back to this thread just now, after being away for the weekday:

I had never drawn a bird before, it was rather tricky.

Oh! :O

OH GOSH

These drawings just keep coming! I... just.... there are no words how amazing and strange it is for me when have people draw her. She started out as just a falconer gal in the SSSS-verse, but seeing how much love you've all been putting in your respective characters compelled me to post a little bio along with the my drawing of her, and eventually start doing art exchanges. I had no idea that I would become as invested in her now as I was at the beginning of this month.

So, really, thank you for being interested enough in her to draw such lovely pieces!

P.S. Fimbulvarg and Noodly Appendage -- I'm working on your art trades right now! (:
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #683 on: April 19, 2015, 12:45:06 AM »
Hey guess what I'm doing the thing:

(I'm going in alphabetical order)

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Adrai Thell

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Might be productive. Someday.
« Reply #684 on: April 19, 2015, 01:24:55 AM »

Excuse me while I get a new keyboard, the jawdrop broke the old one.
I love it! Not loving that I have a tendency to arrive first on these lists, but still - you (and all of you!) have manage to make even me look good! And have I mentioned that I love your style?
Fluent: :usa:
Childlike: :france:
Stolen Souls: 6.5
Survivor: :artd: :book1+: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

Speak softly, and carry a big heart.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #685 on: April 19, 2015, 01:33:49 AM »
Excuse me while I get a new keyboard, the jawdrop broke the old one.
I love it! Not loving that I have a tendency to arrive first on these lists, but still - you (and all of you!) have manage to make even me look good! And have I mentioned that I love your style?

[insert blanket thank you to all that you said here]
You may have mentioned it, but it still makes me happy when anyone says that :)

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #686 on: April 19, 2015, 02:15:05 AM »
So, this is me coming back to this thread just now, after being away for the weekday:

Oh! :O

OH GOSH

These drawings just keep coming! I... just.... there are no words how amazing and strange it is for me when have people draw her. She started out as just a falconer gal in the SSSS-verse, but seeing how much love you've all been putting in your respective characters compelled me to post a little bio along with the my drawing of her, and eventually start doing art exchanges. I had no idea that I would become as invested in her now as I was at the beginning of this month.

So, really, thank you for being interested enough in her to draw such lovely pieces!

It shows how much skill you have at designing a vivid, unique character, that so many of us want to draw her and read more about her life.  (I particularly like mad robin's drawings of the naughty falcon and its facial expressions -- reminds me of Archimedes and other creatures in "The Sword in the Stone.")

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #687 on: April 19, 2015, 02:20:49 AM »
[Insert uniquely recognizable Piney drawings]

Wow, these are great!  Only... where's Fimbulvarg's chainsaw?  Don't troll punchers always have to have at least one dangerous implement on their person at all times?   ;)

...When do you think you might get around to S?  Just asking for a friend.   ;D

Sunflower

• Saraswati
« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:41 AM »
Almond Goddess and her lovely pet (it looks like a pigeon but it's a falcon, I swear). Oliga and... ahem... grade OMG cat. And Haiz - brilliant mage doing hmmmm... mysterious magic things. Finnish and norwegian icelandic both at once.

These are beautiful, mad robin!  As I told Almond-Goddess, the expressions you gave her falcon are priceless.  I also like your portrait of Oliga (who has the MOST BEST uniform of anyone in the Self-Inserts crew) and her "Grade OMG" cat.  It looks like she's saying, "Oh no, Herra Nuha [Mr. Sniffles], you've been fighting again!"  (And the cat's like, Yeah? So?)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2015, 02:33:37 AM »
Wow, these are great!  Only... where's Fimbulvarg's chainsaw?  Don't troll punchers always have to have at least one dangerous implement on their person at all times?   ;)

...When do you think you might get around to S?  Just asking for a friend.   ;D

I can only fit so much in a headshot ;) (Also machinery, I can't draw it.)

I didn't check how many people there were, but it'll probably be next batch!