Author Topic: Self-Inserts and OCs  (Read 843557 times)

callipygous

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • im gonna appropriate bro culture and make it gay
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her+they/them
Re: Self-Inserts
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2015, 01:56:16 PM »
i havent been keeping up with this thread and iM SO MAD BECAUSE THERE ARE!!! SO MUCH LOVELY ART AND SO MANY CUTE SSSSONAS OH MAN OH GOSH I WANNA DRAW YOU ALL!! YELLS
(alsO OH MY GOSH!! thank you to everyone who drew my ssssona!! oh my goodness!!! i went through the pages and saw mine cropped up a few times and just. oh man thank u guys so much im so in love w everyone and everything in this thread CRIES GENTLY ___(:''''3/L)___ )

annnd instead of paying attention in class i drew: Memes

excuse how blue they are good lord

AH AND i never uploaded this but! i tried my hand at lining currys sketch of the cleansers!

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2015, 02:01:33 PM »
i havent been keeping up with this thread and iM SO MAD BECAUSE THERE ARE!!! SO MUCH LOVELY ART AND SO MANY CUTE SSSSONAS OH MAN OH GOSH I WANNA DRAW YOU ALL!! YELLS
(alsO OH MY GOSH!! thank you to everyone who drew my ssssona!! oh my goodness!!! i went through the pages and saw mine cropped up a few times and just. oh man thank u guys so much im so in love w everyone and everything in this thread CRIES GENTLY ___(:''''3/L)___ )

AH AND i never uploaded this but! i tried my hand at lining currys sketch of the cleansers!

YOU'RE STYLE IS JUST SO-
*faints of adorableness*
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Curry

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »

Agh these are so adorable! Your style is so consistent I love looking at it?? And I know I already said this about the cleansers but it'S PERFECT I LOVE IT SO MUCH
YEET

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »
I tried to draw as many of you guys on one page as I could. Theres me, Almond-Goddess, Frenci, Fenris, Fimbulvarg, KauniitaUnia, Laufey, Freddiethefantastic, Gwenno, Mithrysc, OrigamiOwl, Adrai Thell, Barbarylion22, Mad Robin, SolarPoweredGirl, Callipygous/Cat-lipygous, Elrew, AquaAquarion, CheeseCake, DancingRanger, Windfighter, Sigrid Marie, and Kahli! oh god, so many names

Ignore all the swords and fencing doodles please *nervous laughter*
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

KauniitaUnia

• Scout
  • boldly going nowhere
« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
Callipygous: Aaaaaa your art style is so pretty! It's almost Studio Ghibli-esque, which coming from me is a big deal (my love for Studio Ghibli knows no bounds... but we won't get into that just now ;)) The last picture is just gorgeous with the soft pastel shades as well ^^

Oh Deer: These are all so cute, and well done for fitting so many people in! It was a bit like playing Where's Wally/Waldo(?) trying to find my little portrait c:
Fluent - :uk:
Learning - :sweden: :france:
Would love to learn - :finland:
Survived - :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9::chap10:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2015, 04:44:49 PM »
Knitting had been a male occupation by the past, my teacher was spoking about the sailors an fishermen since the Vikings.
I'm not sure how pervasive knitting was among sailors, but back in the age of sailships, they had tons of experience tying knots, tons of ship's rope that had to be replaced due to the wear and tear to work with, plenty of time to go creative with both, and a distinct lack of opportunities to go shopping for something else to bring back home as a gift to wife and kids. Yarncrafts and carvings were thus pretty much guaranteed to happen.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

tabeabd

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
  • I need coffee
« Reply #576 on: April 14, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
Oh Deer: Wow, that takes dedication to draw so many people! That kind of effort is impressive.
Callipygous: Ahhhh I love your art style so much, it's beautiful!!

Wow, wonderful! For name... Well the first thing that comes to mind is Beate or Beata. I had to google the latter and I think it's primarily a Lithuanian version of Beate, but maybe that is a good thing. Bea and Thea are also common Nordic female names.

I was actually reaaaally close to going with Bea! But I wanted something more related to my real name, which Tabea is the German diminutive of. I like all those names though :)

And eeee thank you everyone who had responded to mine! I'm a flustered pile of happy right now.
Fluent::usa: 
Intermediate but rusty::germany:
Learning: 
Should know but doesn't::brazil:

:chap4::chap5::chap6::chap7:

Oh Deer

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • I live!! but no joke, it's good to be back :D
« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

Oh Deer: These are all so cute, and well done for fitting so many people in! It was a bit like playing Where's Wally/Waldo(?) trying to find my little portrait c:
Thank you! And yeah, even knowing where they all are, it's a bit hard to find certains!
"Nerds + time = siege engines, it's a well-known fact."- Noodly Appendage
:chap6:, :chap7: :chap8:

Almond-Goddess

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #578 on: April 14, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »
I've been gone for about two days and the thread expanded by almost five pages. What have I missed? :D

@Everyone who commented: thank you for your kind words, truly! I haven't the opportunity to respond to each of you as I'm away from the computer and typing on my mobile, but I wanted to put it out there that I've went through and read every single comment since my last visit here (and backtracked a few pages to make sure that I hadn't missed anyone) and am really amazed at how nice everyone is on this thread! ^_^

@ Almond-goddess

A question for you - do you work with digital tools or is this actual paint on paper?

If you're referring to my art trade with Curry, the drawing is drawn entirely digitally, though I overlaid a watercolor and Bristol paper texture over it. For other works, I sometimes do studies and rough sketches traditionally, but I almost always finish my work digitally.

So I sketched some people. Mostly some people I've talked to the most. Mostly.  :D
Sorry the photo quality is so terrible ack.

Tab, these sketches look great! It's really cool to see my character and others be drawn in so many different styles! (:
Tiffany Hayashi | dA | Tumblr

SolarPoweredGirl

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • A normal kid who isn't that normal
« Reply #579 on: April 15, 2015, 12:10:41 AM »
I LOVE ALL OF THIS THREAD
I WANT TO MARRY THIS THREAD  ;D ;D ;D
okay so anyway I drew Cheesecake a profile pic (with her permission) but she doesn't have to use it
so yeah I made it of her SSSSona

(Somebody let me know if I need to re-size the eyes at some point because I think they're too big but I'm not sure)

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #580 on: April 15, 2015, 01:42:59 AM »
(Somebody let me know if I need to re-size the eyes at some point because I think they're too big but I'm not sure)

The eyes look just fine to me! (...says the person who draws everyone with huge round eyes) But I mean, also aren't eyes supposed to look bigger behind glasses anyway? They always do in cartoons, so it doesn't look odd to me, just stylized.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
But I mean, also aren't eyes supposed to look bigger behind glasses anyway?
It depends on what kind of glasses you have. Glasses for far-sighted people do make things bigger, but near-sighted-glasses shrink them, oddly enough. It has to do with the one being convex (like a magnifying glass) and the other being concave.
But like you said, it's a style thing and most people draw eyes large anyway. And the picture is really pretty the way it is.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Curry

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • [musically] IB IS KILLIN ME
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them/theirs
« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2015, 02:38:17 PM »
After deciding that our SSSSonas would be friends from mage school, I drew them doing mage things, naturally. They're a lot younger because Karri was only at school from age 8 to age 13 :0

Actually, Haiz is doing mage things, and Karri is being Very Confused and probably not somebody you want to be doing magic, ehe
YEET

daItrick

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Making terrible puns since 2004
  • Preferred pronouns: They/he
« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2015, 02:41:52 PM »
After deciding that our SSSSonas would be friends from mage school, I drew them doing mage things, naturally. They're a lot younger because Karri was only at school from age 8 to age 13 :0

Actually, Haiz is doing mage things, and Karri is being Very Confused and probably not somebody you want to be doing magic, ehe

That's so cute! /)OuO(\
I am floating away, lost in a silent ballet.
     - Adam Young

:spain: :uk:
:chap7::chap8:
prev. RealRedCloudYT

{0,0}
 |)--)  
_"_"_

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #584 on: April 15, 2015, 02:43:35 PM »

That's incredibly cute. What's going on in the background though?